[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest crazy lulu

@everyone making mention of that db commenter.

i don't even take the time to read through those posts because the language and sentence structuring is so dense, i zone out immediately. i just went back to read them because of the comments in here.

let's just say, i'd like to gaksital some of those thoughts.

warped.

also, who would want kangsan's gaksital back? i loved the character of kangsan, but kangto's gaksital has already surpassed kangsan's in heart.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who care about the Jap backlash. Japan don't represent the whole world. There are more audiences out there than just japanese. I don't see why they will be "scaried" of them by making Bridal Mask. Besides history is history. It did happen. Nobody made it up. Ppl get killed, raped, beaten and enslaved due to war and Jap did exact that! True our generation should not be repaying for their ancestry's mistakes. But at least acknowledge and accept it. So we can all move on. No eps next week? How am I going to survive for 2 weeks?! ahhhh.... darn olympics.. why you start now?! why?!

Guest texashot

Did KBS announced that there will be no BM episode for the next two weeks or for just next week only?

I dont understand why people say Shunji will be betrayed and its sad when he will know that Kangto is really Gaksital. Hello, we are talking about another Shunji here! He tortures people and kills them without hesitation. He uses Kangto without Kangto's consent so why is it wrong if Kangto does the same? Kangto can actually easy kill Shunji, but because he still cares for him he doesnt take that option. In my opinion Shunji should not feel betrayed, no he has NO right to feel betrayed because he actually betrayed Kangto first. I dont feel anything at all for him, I just hope he will not kill Kangto.

I really really really hope Damsari will be saved just to make Mokdan trust Kangto. If he dies, then I see no other ways for Kangto winning over Mokdan.

I dont cry much but the father-daughter scene in the torture room and the part when they were all in the chamber had me bawling my eyes out...it was all sooo touching.I've never disliked Shunji and I love his chemistry with JSY. I'm probably the only one liking the moment/locking of eyes when he put the cuffs on MD - so much pain on his face...Idk about the part in his private office though, he looked really fake, like he did not genuinely mean what he was saying.I also particular feel bad for the actor who plays Koiso because everyone is dissing him and calling him names, which is totally unfair because that's who he's supposed to portray.

Guest TaroTard

Oh man I really love this show! And the thought of having to wait a couple of weeks for the next ep is killing me!!!!! Hopefully there will be some kind of news report soon to let us know what is going on with the Olympics... What a cliffhanger to leave it on though!!! oh my gosh this show just keeps getting more and more addictive, I really hope Kang To finds away around this, he promised MD he'd help her Dad escape, if he fails now it might be a step back in their relationship -.- so I am hoping what people have already suggested, happens... Kang To is a willing hostage to the rebels, let's just hope Shunji doesn't wise up to the fact that all the rebels with guns were in front of that guy who got shot in the back :oooooo I am sure (as there are still a lot of eps to go) he won't figure that out til later, but with this show you just don't know. Also it was freaking awesome to see super smart Kang To back in the picture... so cool...

BM received 18,1% rating from TNmS so it's clear that it's raising on both scales =D> so it would be such a mistake and bad move by KBS to postpone it next week :-q  when BM is finally gaining more attention from the Korean audience. It appears to me that they like longer dramas and KT is growing into the more typical hero mode so they're getting used to BM plus no MBC drama for the next 2 weeks it would be really a shame to delay the next episodes. It's time to strike now in the ratings battle /:) . 

I've realized that in almost every single post I praise JW's acting but completely leave out any appraisal of Shunji's portrayal so I must say here that I have great respect and admiration of Park Ki Woong's acting in BM. His Shunji is probably one of the most complex, well-written second lead male characters that I've come to watch in any asian drama. The innocent , confusion, regret, hopeless love, anger, blind fury and all the other emotions are so well delivered by PKW I really have seldom seen his equal  ^:)^ I still remember him as the computer geek in the Story of a Man and the funny easy-going boxer in My Tutor Friend 2 and these role are as different from Shunji's character as it can get so HUGE OVATION FOR PKW'S PORTRAYAL OF SHUNJI, HERE ^:)^ ^:)^ =D> :-bd

Guest sunshine4ever

I dont understand why people say Shunji will be betrayed and its sad when he will know that Kangto is really Gaksital. Hello, we are talking about another Shunji here! He tortures people and kills them without hesitation. He uses Kangto without Kangto's consent so why is it wrong if Kangto does the same? Kangto can actually easy kill Shunji, but because he still cares for him he doesnt take that option. In my opinion Shunji should not feel betrayed, no he has NO right to feel betrayed because he actually betrayed Kangto first. I dont feel anything at all for him, I just hope he will not kill Kangto.

I really really really hope Damsari will be saved just to make Mokdan trust Kangto. If he dies, then I see no other ways for Kangto winning over Mokdan.

I dont cry much but the father-daughter scene in the torture room and the part when they were all in the chamber had me bawling my eyes out...it was all sooo touching.I've never disliked Shunji and I love his chemistry with JSY. I'm probably the only one liking the moment/locking of eyes when he put the cuffs on MD - so much pain on his face...Idk about the part in his private office though, he looked really fake, like he did not genuinely mean what he was saying.I also particular feel bad for the actor who plays Koiso because everyone is dissing him and calling him names, which is totally unfair because that's who he's supposed to portray.

Guest xopo17

hai guys, the editing of gaksital, needs to be careful for next episode because the stunt woman has seen her face by me. just check the red circle

201207200924130610_1.jpg

when i saw the stunt woman face, makes me laugh :)), and the actress, atleast she gave me a great expression face. :)

oh no so sad for Kenji! I hope he gets more projects.

I think Shunji's transformation wasn't written as well as Kangto's. It was too adrupt and we didn't get to see the process but were left to guess his motivations. What I thought the writer could have done was to explore more of the family tension rather than focus on Mok Dan spurning him because that really makes Shunji out to be less complex and interesting as he could have been. Park Ki Woong is amazing because he always manages to pull off mediocrely written characters :D

Guest sunshine4ever

As for the actor who plays Koiso, he is doing a great job, portraying a sneaky, brutal fellow who is just a lackey and coward. In the BTS, I see Joowon getting along so fine with him. Sometimes, it's good to see all these BTS and realise that is the reality, LOL. Also, I remember in one BTS, the actor who plays the much hated Kimura Kenji said that nowadays a lot of people hate him, including his own family. 

Guest sunshine4ever

OST 3 - Mok Dan

This one is subbed in Germany, but it is a MV:

This one is English Subbed of the OST

sorry I can't edit the other post for some reasons it wrecked my post...so I had to post a new post.
first OST mv credit to kites.vn

-EDIT-

Youtube has a very good collection of Bridal Mask MVs.

Here is one with most of the KT & MD's fight scenes:

-EDIT-
Just realized that after watching the last MV with KT chasing after MD. I really miss the old KT...the old-happy-go-lucky KT who did not observe his actions...he was funny and innocent the way he was. :D

spreading love for Joo Won. 
credit baidu : http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1738450824#Translation my own. Please excuse errors. 

Source: My Daily

Joo Won, Prince of Ratings?

Joo Won’s acting has amazed many people. Although of late, in the TV drama circles, the myth that those Hallyu stars who possess the name value that guarantees high ratings, top actor=drama success has been broken long ago. Yet, as a new actor, Joo Won still manages to break through.

Since the beginning, from the incident of  Hallyu stars rejecting the role and also the uneasiness of some concerning Joo Won being the lead actor in Bridal Mask, the drama has not once, in the past 8 weeks, gave up the top spot in ratings, sweeping away all doubts that existed before.

According to rating agency Nielsen, Bridal Mask episode 16 that was aired on the 19th achieved a viewership of 16.8%, breaking its own record and pulling ahead of the rest of the competition.

On the set, to the amusement of his fellow actors & actresses, Joo Won displayed great physical strength and aegyo talent. But once he starts filming, he has a higher degree of ability to focus on playing his role. This aspect of him has led many viewers to take note and focus their attention on the drama.

In the show, Joo Won displayed the 2 different lives of a Joseon hero-Gaksital and Imperial Japanese lackey. In real life, relying on his double charms, he attracted the audience

With his background as a music theatre actor attracting attention. Joo Won steadfastly accumulates experience in acting. With Baker King Kim Tak Gu, he made his debut as a TV actor. Because he played the antagonist, he suffered a lot. Although the role of Go Ma Jun is an antagonist, he is in fact a pitiful character who has suffered psychological hurt. Joo Won acting as the character with deep emotional scars invoked viewers’ sympathy. Together with Yoon Shi Yoon who act as Kim Tak Gu, both emerged as next generation’s stars.

Especially due to the fact that Baker King Kim Tak Gu achieved a viewership of more than 40%, becoming the national drama, reaping unexpected popularity and following, Joo Won has managed to obtain both acting skills and popularity, these 2 precious commodities, from the very start. However, he did not bank on his popularity or self satisfaction  or the desire to secure avlead role. In fact, he calmly selects his next role, joining the weekend drama Ojakgyo Brothers. Acting together with his seniors and  slowly adapting to a drama production environment.

Joo Won in the show portrayed an edgy Hwang Taehee. Although he has good character and a fast mind, he is a hot tempered, stubborn and taciturn man. But he is a rare, filial son to his parents. Later, when he faces his love interest played by After School’s Uee, he demonstrated his romantic side and has a lot of sweet love lines. Ojakgyo Brothers hit a viewership of 30% and once again Joo Won achieves both popularity and high ratings.

More importantly, because he reaches out to young ladies in their early 20s to middle aged female audiences in their 40s and 50s and becoming closer to the people, Joo Won was able to take part in this 10 billion won Bridal Mask production as the lead actor, passionately displaying his acting skills. From his musical theatre days, Joo Won has always adopted a learning attitude, little by little craving out his journey in acting, accomplishing 3 strikes in viewership ratings, honing his acting skills and ability to command viewership. He completes his preparation in becoming the Prince of Ratings.  

Archived