[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w00t.gif Happy to see new posts here! The way I keep refreshing this thread over & over, I'm turning into a "Psycho Stalker"  blush.gif laugh.gif

@Linwe - the only drama of Hyun Woo's I'd stay away from is ATK. (LOL) Birth of the Rich was okay (not great) and he had pretty much zero chemistry with the leading lady but it was okay. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, they always seem to pair him with much older leading ladies so I was happily surprised he's paired with Yoo In-Na who is only 2 years older than he is. On the other hand, his chemistry with Seo Yoon Hee in ATK was amazing! (which might be why I stuck around through the whole mess) *sigh*  I've NEVER seen Hyun Woo have the kind of chemistry he seems to have with Yoo In-Na thought so I'm delighted for him right now. I think she's doing a great job for her first leading lady role too. biggrin.gif Here's a list of his acting projects:

http://asianwiki.com/Ji_Hyun-Woo

I still kinda think at some point when BD travels back to his own time, he'll lose the talisman and Hee Jin will have it. I can see her flipping out (because she'll already be in love at that point) and using it to travel back to him. Which opens a whole new bunch of ideas. laugh.gif She's already showing little signs of not wanting him to go? If she finds the talisman at some point while he's back in his own time, I can totally see her just freaking out and trying to figure out how to use it. 

@lyra_brillantez - I loved that scene with his sidekick! (I love any scenes showing how smart he is) I loved watching him read the stars to find his way to the meeting place with Hee Jin! Him testing his theory was awesome. So to travel to modern times, he needs the talisman on his person (in his pocket) and he needs to be in danger. To travel from modern times to the past, he needs the talisman on his person and just needs to repeat those words. 

@lyra_brillantez

I've been to JHW's thread but never posted there for some reason. phew.gif But yea, he's my number one crush. (as you can tell from my avatar) If you read any of my spazzes about him in the ATK thread, I apologize. I defended him against attackers who were complaining about his teeth being twisted and having bad skin.  To me, he's one of the few idols who is "real". He hasn't spent thousands on his teeth, making them straight or blinding white or perfect.  His shooting schedule during ATK was harsh (he was also shooting Mr Idol) so his skin broke out with acne. Big whoooptie-doo. He's a nice, sweet young man and a really good actor. He actually seems to me much like the BD character. He's very calm, confident and exceedingly polite to everyone around him. His sense of humor makes his leading ladies very comfortable too, I've never seen him nervous or shy. I adore him! wub.gif 

I also really like his natural-looking teeth; makes him look like a real person, instead of an advertising billboard, and makes his living in the past seem more real. I also think his height makes him perfect for sageuks; he wears those long flowing robes really well. I also like how he solved the problem of his long hair...I keep thinking of how much smarter he is about adjusting to modern life than the RTP crew, LOL.

Guest jdkk09

Bless you, Iviih! I've been waiting for weeks for someone to open this thread! You were right to drop ATK when you did (I wish I had) Ji Hyun Woo's character was completely demolished in that one. (LOL) I love that he's paired up here with someone closer to his own age too, most of his leading ladies are much older. I can't help myself, when he smiles - I break into a big 'ole grin. *hee* 

I'm excited to see Yoo In Na's first leading role too, she was great in Greatest Love and Secret Garden! *quoted image* Thank you! Now the question becomes how will I fit this one into an already packed drama watching schedule? *quoted image* *quoted image* 

I wasn't too hep on watching another time travel drama.  However I read comments in another blog about it that caught my interest.  (That's why blog reading is dange erous to a drama watching schedule.)  So now I'm  watching it.  I really like Ji Hyun Woo and thought he got a dirty deal in the other nameless drama, which I also dropped around episode 20.  He's a cutie patootie for sure.  

Now I've to read all your comments and enjoy all the pictures.  THANKS ALL!

Guest kawaiiyuki

I also really like his natural-looking teeth; makes him look like a real person, instead of an advertising billboard, and makes his living in the past seem more real. I also think his height makes him perfect for sageuks; he wears those long flowing robes really well. I also like how he solved the problem of his long hair...I keep thinking of how much smarter he is about adjusting to modern life than the RTP crew, LOL.

Thanks to the hat he wears in the 21st century, he doesn't even really need to have that bun. I guess we'll never really know if he has a bun under that hat.

Although i have seen episode 3 and 4 because i'm waiting for subs but from the screen caps i love how he hangs his hat on the outside. Thanks to his clothes borrowing he really doesn't need to get new clothes but i think it would be funny to see him go clothes shopping.

I'm glad i stumbled upon this drama. For some reason I'm liking this more than RTP.

Guest jdkk09

OK Guys!  Love, love, love this drama.  I just finished the first episode and found it fun, entertaining, serious, mysterious, infuriating and a whole host of other adjectives too numerous to mention.

1. DM is a jerk of the highest order. When he pulled the blinds up when HJ was trying to get dressed for the audition.  I wanted to smack him a good one.  She got him good though when she shot him the finger.  I had a good laugh at that one. 2.  When HJ lost her phone in the sewer drain and holding her nose and accepting the role for the Queen.  Too Funny.  3.  Dunkin' Donuts is doing big business with product placement when HJ offers DO a donut at the drama site.  And he asks "am I dead or dreaming?"  

All your comments about DO being smart were really accurate.  And as someone else said here in another comment "I love me a smart man!".

Well I'm off to watch the next episode.  See you all back here.

I’ve only watched 2 episodes with subs, but love how BD is soo awestruck and captivated by HJ whenever he sees her. I’m also glad to see that BD is intelligent (being a scholar), and he can piece things together and fend for himself. From the Joseon through the modern period, the ensemble of characters in this drama is very cohesive since everyone is relevant to the plot thus far.

Thank you everyone for posting bts pics, doing translations, and posting download links!! I love this drama and well, everyone's speculations and pics posting helps me get through the week and wait for Ep. 5 & 6 to air.

I really don't know how the talisman works, but I always thought it was always directed to a specific person? Did the previous person did time travelling too because it sounds like who ever gets a hold of the talisman can do the thing BD can. I really wonder why the writer chose to have him be in danger in the Joseon times to be transported to modern times and he just has to read a saying to get transported back to the old times.

I really want to know what shocking thing he finds in the books. Maybe that he is meant to time travel?

Hmm...I was thinking they could have a modern day BD just remember that he has to meet someone like HJ in the present and was looking for her all this time. Of course, of they could keep BD in the modern times somehow, that would be great. I guess the thing about him faking his death in the past like someone said could be an answer. I really hope this series ends off good because I can't handle watching the whole series just to see a depressing end.

@semi-fly - 

Ahhh, so if he/she is in danger whether they're in modern times or the past - it works automatically? Since we haven't seen him in danger in modern times, that never crossed my mind! (I assumed he only had to recite the passage in modern times) Well, that's interesting too - and opens up ideas! I wonder if at some point we'll see him in danger in modern times. 

Wait - if that was the case, when that assassin followed him into the future wouldn't he have automatically transported to the past? (since the guy tried to kill him with a sword so his life was in danger) wacko.gif OMG, I could drive myself insane trying to figure this out. Ahahahah! 

Yea, they've shown Hee Jin trying to read it (both her & her friend/manager) I'd only say in the elevator when BD was preparing to leave again, he started reciting the passage and she heard the first part of it so she might remember that part. (this was when she suddenly seemed reluctant to see him leave) 

@pher4444 - that's one of my favorite things right now - the way his face/eyes light up when he sees her and he grins. laugh.gif It's adorable. 

@ lyra_brilliantez - thanks so much for all the lovely pics! I really should post on his fan thread, he's such a sweet, kind young man. Like I said, I've NEVER seen him have this much chemistry with his leading lady so I'm become an even bigger fan of Yoo In-Na's. (I liked her anyway but now I like her even more) She must be a lot of fun to work with! And maybe she has the same type of laid-back, comfortable attitude that he does. It's wonderful to see him paired with someone like this with sparks flying all around them,  they obviously have become close quickly. biggrin.gif Plus it being her first leading role, I'm sure she's listening to him and watching him to learn as much as she can since he's been the lead several times. (not to mention all his movie experience) I just love this pairing! wub.gif And I'm so happy for him! 

Violets are highly intelligent and have the ability to look deeply into situations and problems. They are always looking for laws or patterns and through their analytical thinking are able to find the causes beh...ind things. As a result of their ability to examine most situations mentally and emotionally, and their intuitive and creative expression, they are creative and innovative problem solvers.[kim boong do]

That describes BD perfectly. Thanks for the preview clip! I'm trying not to spazz over more kisses. I agree with Jillia, cable TV usually means more/better kisses. *hee* Those scenes of BD being tortured...I hope those are only memories? sad.gif I can't wait to find out what more he's reading in the library too. Thanks semi-fly, I don't know why I was thinking the talisman works differently depending on which time he's in. rolleyes.gif I also believe I'm being a tiny bit impatient to figure it out and should just relax - I'm sure it'll be explained eventually. (or you're probably right that they're leaving it ambiguous so they can play around with it however they choose) laugh.gif

EP's 3 & 4 are up at Dark Smurfs and being worked on! (WOOT!) It's moving fairly quickly too! 

http://www.darksmurf...n.In.Hyeons.Man

EDIT: Dramabeans posted a recap of EP 2:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/04/queen-in-hyuns-man-episode-2/

Oh my gosh the preview!!!! Excitement level nearing bursting point! XDDD I think I may have had something vague thoughtful to say but my brain has just turned to mush hahahha

It seems in the bts scenes that he shows short hair?

Anyway, welcome new posters Jillia and Ginger Ale. Man I love this thread and all the peeps in it, keeps me going all week ha! <3

Me likey likey this drama... the idea is not new... but I like how they wrap it.. I find this drama entertain :) I've watched the 3rd and 4th episodes without sub.. and I'm dying to watch them which sub... :rolleyes:

and thanks to @lyra_brillantez @semi-fly and @tessieroo for the time traveling explanation... it helps a lot in understanding the time traveling rules..

I have one question though, when hee jin ask BD to meet her *I'm only guessing from the scene* before they went to library... BD successfully traveling to the future with the help of his side kick, then he knocks hee jin car with modern outfit which totally different from the "staff" outfit, then I'm wondering where did he gets that outfit?

someone please enlightening me... thank you

Guest iluvjin

lol, the pages here have jumped since the last time I was here! I can't wait to see what happens after seeing that new preview!!

I wonder if the talisman works only for the person whose blood is on it.  And, if the assassin who, somehow, came through the time portal with him, would have vanish anyway, even if he hadn't been killed.

The talisman may be like a  path that stretches though time.  But, only for the person who 'owns' the path.  And, the blood determines who is the owner.  ???  :huh:

I'm enjoying this drama very much.  It has very different perspectives and all-around excellence in everything.  :)

Ohh...thanks lyra_brillantez for posting the Ep. 5 preview link. Another kiss???? Oh geez...this series is going really fast. Or, because HJ said it was some kind of greeting so, he does it to her to when he sees her. I mean doing it to her only is good, but if he starts kissing everyone he knows later when he sees them again, I think HJ will have to change the meaning to the kissing.

I'm wondering...where the heck is he stealing all these clothes with no one knowing about it? He could open his own clothes store if everytime he comes back to the modern time, he wears something different. I hope he doesn't get caught.

I find this thread moving quite fast. When I got here before, this thread only had a few pages and now it's up to page 11. I'm glad a lot of people is liking this series because I for one love it!!!! Can't wait for EP. 5!!!

Guest Iviih

TvN posted the previews for episode 5 and episode 6!

Love that they upload their videos with 1080p wub.gif

Preview episode 5

(Omooo another kiss?? I'm loving this drama!)

Preview episode 6

(Omo, he isn't using any hat^^ but it isn't weird? For Josean men the hair wasn't their pride/status? So cutting it was a shame? Did he cut his hair? I wonder why...... )

And lol Are they making Secret garden mention in that scene?

Love Boong Do!!!

Here, a mv by BlackD! But it's Hee Jin and Dong Mi couple. I also think they are a lot funny!

Archived