[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iviih

It looks like they're going to Jeju Island in episode 6 (drama shooting I suspect) but not before Dong Min makes a complete fool of himself in the name of protecting his crush (honestly I have more colorful words for Dong Min and/or his actions). I do though wonder what the aftermath of Hee Jin saying that Boong Do isn't a stalker but her boyfriend (i.e., press, Dong Min continuing his ridiculous nature, to some extent Na Jung continuing her prima donna ways staking claim on Boong Do - crazier things have been said/done in dramas).

As for the hair bit I think it'll be explained like in Rooftop Prince, in essence for him to fit in/look normal for the time. There shouldn't be too much of an issue when he travels back to the past since he wears the hat that should hide his new hairdo but even if it doesn't I doubt they'll make a big issue out of it given everything else going on it would be a waste of time/story progression to focus on.

Thank you for explaning Semi-fly! Love your insights! 

You are right, thinking again, the way Boong do has been acting, I don't think it'll be abig issue to him cut his hair... 

Boong Do is good at adjust himself. 

And omo, so Hee Jin did say he was her boyfriend? Omg! 

And this thought about  Na Jung going after Boong Do, oh no! I hope not. 

Can't wait to see Dong-Mi reaction lol 

Guest iluvjin

^ Yep, you are correct. She did say that he is her boyfriend. Its going to get exciting as Dong Min gets devastated by Hee Jin's confession of who Boong Do is to her. I'm actually glad that he cut his hair because it gives a insight to the future that he might stay in the future with Hee Jin at the end but thats just my guess.

Also is it Wednesday yet? ^_^

Thanks for the preview video links! In the beginning of the preview for EP 5, was he showing her how to shake hands? Ahahaha, did he bust her on the "kissing greeting" thing? I wonder if he looked it up in the library or something ... LOL! And if the preview for EP 6, the coffee foam on the lips - I think you're right Iviih, that's totally a play on Secret Garden. (which Yoo In-Na was in) Ahahahaha! I love this drama. laugh.gif

Guest kawaiiyuki

Wow thanks for uploading the previews for the upcoming episodes and I'm surprised that BD cut his hair. It looks like he may be staying in the 21st century for a while. I guess he can always hide his hair with his hat? Not sure if that's going to work.

Since I haven't seen episode 3 or 4 yet because i'm waiting on subs I wonder what he's been reading in those textbooks. I'm sure it's history textbooks but why would he want to read them? Does he want to change the pass and I hope they tell us why he escaped into the future and why 300 years. What's so important about our time period? I'm sure there is a reason.

Ahhh so many questions!

Love how smart BD is too. :P:wub:

Guest VilaVilli

Seriously, I love this drama more and more. I was about to wait patiently for the subs but I couldn't resist so watched ep 3 and 4 without subs. It's a relief that the plot is different, intense and more mature than RT (sorry for the comparison again), I like how they change the aspects between the present and the historical scenes.

The characters are detailed too. It's refreshing to see a calm, intelligent and nice leading male, a second lead who is somewhat jerkish but charismatic at the same time. And YIN do a good job too, she is sassy and cool and isn't annoying at all (at least for me). They are good together with Ji Hyun Woo. The height gap is rather funny but we can see the sparkling chemistry between them. (There was a kiss at ep 4 already, I can't believe it!)

Thanks everyone for all the theories about the talisman and the time-travelling methods. :w00t: I hope they will give us some logical explanations in the future and won't leave it to our imaginations.

I'm sad already that it has only 16 episodes.

Guest iluvjin

I think Boong Do is a really sweet guy. He smart but very understanding and considerate of others. I think he realizes that there must be a reason as to why he keeps meeting Hee Jin. With her helping him in the future he can get a better understanding of what happened in the past and help Queen In Hyun get reinstated.

I wonder if Hee Jin will give him a cellphone? It'll be problematic if anyone in the past sees it.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

Guest churlaloo

I might be sorta late in the craze but I am loving this drama so much! I know it premiered last April 18 but I was so busy with school that it slipped my mind. I just post previews and all then I read the recap at Dramabeans. Since the recap for episode 2 didn't come as fast, I searched for recaps and found Dramatalk! Gah, she's my new hero. So while waiting for actual subs, I read the recap and watch the thing raw. And on days that I don't have my QIHM fix, I rewatch and rewatch previews and MVs. This is such an underrated gem of a drama and I am so in love with it I am forsaking preparing for my report just to watch the raw of episode 4 since I just read the recap. Gah, this drama is so gorgeous and wonderful. Sorry for the sudden spazz and I hope to be active in this forum since all of you seems nice and as addicted as I am. Kim Boong Do, I fancy a man like you! <3

I am going to be stalking the net, looking for recaps...

Also, I sent an email to Dramafever, asking them to carry this show. Here's what I wrote:

Hello Dramafever!

Generally I use the search function in the Dramafever website to search for and request new dramas, but you do not have my current favorite drama even listed on your website yet!

I am talking about Queen In-hyun's Man, which is currently showing on TvN Wednesdays-Thursdays. It is from the same director as Vampire Prosecutor (which you already have!) and has just as fabulous production values as that show. Queen In-hyun's Man is funny, romantic, and thought-provoking.

Queen In-Hyun's Man is off to a great start, with a loyal and growing fan base. It is being recapped by javabeans herself on the Dramabeans website, its forum is 11 pages and growing over at soompi, and it has caught the attention of several other bloggers and recappers. With this in mind, I think Queen In-hyun's Man would be a great choice for Dramafever to add to their lineup of great shows.

Thank you for all you do to make great dramas available, and I hope you will consider my request!

I hope this helps. If anyone else is a Dramafever member, please steal my text if you like and make your opinion known.

I am going to be stalking the net, looking for recaps...

Also, I sent an email to Dramafever, asking them to carry this show. Here's what I wrote:

Hello Dramafever!

Generally I use the search function in the Dramafever website to search for and request new dramas, but you do not have my current favorite drama even listed on your website yet!

I am talking about Queen In-hyun's Man, which is currently showing on TvN Wednesdays-Thursdays. It is from the same director as Vampire Prosecutor (which you already have!) and has just as fabulous production values as that show. Queen In-hyun's Man is funny, romantic, and thought-provoking.

Queen In-Hyun's Man is off to a great start, with a loyal and growing fan base. It is being recapped by javabeans herself on the Dramabeans website, its forum is 11 pages and growing over at soompi, and it has caught the attention of several other bloggers and recappers. With this in mind, I think Queen In-hyun's Man would be a great choice for Dramafever to add to their lineup of great shows.

Thank you for all you do to make great dramas available, and I hope you will consider my request!

I hope this helps. If anyone else is a Dramafever member, please steal my text if you like and make your opinion known.

Wow its funny but I did the same thing (sent in a request)....glad im not the only onew00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Guest Iviih

Aww I'm so happy for this thread being so alive! I thought because it's a cable drama there wouldn't be many people here, and all.

I'm happy that everyone is liking the drama so far and sharing their thoughts, pictures, spoilers, videos! Thanks everyone! ^^ ~

I watched the 4 episodes, but still not with subs so I can't share my thoughts yet but I'm loving all the thoughts about Boong Do and his time traveling! Also I like how everyone also loves the smart and gentle Boong Do like I do! 

Kisses!   laugh.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Spoiler for next episode^^ not sure if anyone posted it before.

Our Boong Do learns so fast! He even knows how to use telephone now!wub.gif

459170662.jpg

Aww I'm so happy for this thread being so alive! I thought because it's a cable drama there wouldn't be many people here, and all.

I'm happy that everyone is liking the drama so far and sharing their thoughts, pictures, spoilers, videos! Thanks everyone! ^^ ~

I watched the 4 episodes, but still not with subs so I can't share my thoughts yet but I'm loving all the thoughts about Boong Do and his time traveling! Also I like how everyone also loves the smart and gentle Boong Do like I do! 

Kisses!   *quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*

Spoiler for next episode^^ not sure if anyone posted it before.

Our Boong Do learns so fast! He even knows how to use telephone now!*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I watched the fist 2 eps sub http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/queen-inhyuns-man/  you can try there if you want

Guest zinviron

I'm a sucker for sci-fi time travel show. I hope there's a limitations or consequences on how much Boong-do can use the talisman to travel back and forth because all the time travel show I watch all have consequences.

For example on LOST peoples got nosebleed and dies from time travel too much without a constant. On HERO, Hiro tries to travel back in time to save his girlfriend from getting kill but always ends up getting kills later.

From my observation when travel to the future Hee-jin is nearby, maybe that the reason. 

If not I hope that when he travel to the future he get stuck in a wall like Awaki Musujime in Toaru Majutsu no Index who miscalculated and teleported her leg inside a wall, accidentally tearing her leg skin and muscles out from the wall and almost dying, she has a fear of using her powers on herself and feels physically ill whenever she is forced to teleport herself.

Guest Iviih

I'm a sucker for sci-fi time travel show. I hope there's a limitations or consequences on how much Boong-do can use the talisman to travel back and forth because all the time travel show I watch all have consequences.

For example on LOST peoples got nosebleed and dies from time travel too much without a constant. On HERO, Hiro tries to travel back in time to save his girlfriend from getting kill but always ends up getting kills later.

From my observation when travel to the future Hee-jin is nearby, maybe that the reason. 

If not I hope that when he travel to the future he get stuck in a wall like Awaki Musujime in Toaru Majutsu no Index who miscalculated and teleported her leg inside a wall, accidentally tearing her leg skin and muscles out from the wall and almost dying, she has a fear of using her powers on herself and feels physically ill whenever she is forced to teleport herself.

Talking about it, Evan from "The Butterfly Effect"  also suffered some Nosebleed, and everytime he changed something, he changed everyone's future for bad or for good (mostly for bad)

I hope he doesn't die sad.gif, this drama also reminds me of the book ''The time traveler's wife'' and the end of that Book was so sad.

But what you said is right, there should be consequences, and since he is reading the books, I don't know what he might do in the past. 

But I'm guessing, since he is a scholar, he must know he can't change the history like this. I guess for being a smart scholar, he will know he shouldn't change things and that will have serious consequences if he does. 

I don't get why he would want to change history though - from what he read in the library both Minister Min and Jang end up being forced to drink poison and the Queen is restored, right? Isn't that what his side wants anyway? So why would he change it? (I'm only guessing here, without subs I'm not 100% sure of what he read) unsure.gif

Guest Iviih

I don't get why he would want to change history though - from what he read in the library both Minister Min and Jang end up being forced to drink poison and the Queen is restored, right? Isn't that what his side wants anyway? So why would he change it? (I'm only guessing here, without subs I'm not 100% sure of what he read) *quoted image*

lol, you are right,  thinking in it again why he would change things if Jang does get her punishment and all? Guess he is reading the history just to confirm things and is doing just like the history says? Not sure. Who knows? Maybe he wants to change some facts.... Need subs to knowwink.gif

I tried to search some info about Queen In Hyun's life, but just info about this drama appeared lol 

I watched Dong Yi, but don't know if the drama stays true to Queen In Hyuns real life. In Dong Yi she is accused of a serious crime and is banned and they take off her queen title. She suffers a lot and  returns to the castle after they find she isn't guilty, they reinstall her as the queen again but she gets sick and dies. It was pretty sad. She also didn't leave any heir. Loved her role in Dong Yi - Park Ha Sun was good being queen In Hyun. 

Not sure. Need subs to know*quoted image*

Yep, I need subs to be sure what he read in the library. I'm totally guessing! phew.gif

I tried to search some info about Queen In Hyun's life, but just info about this drama appeared lol 

Well, that's annoying. laugh.gif Imagine if you were doing a serious homework assignment and info about a k-drama kept popping up. (LOL) 

I can't wait for tomorrow! w00t.gif  

Guest Iviih

Yep, I need subs to be sure what he read in the library. I'm totally guessing! *quoted image*

Well, that's annoying. *quoted image* Imagine if you were doing a serious homework assignment and info about a k-drama kept popping up. (LOL) 

I can't wait for tomorrow! *quoted image*  

Heh. I didn't give up and tried to search  by her husband name King Sukjong and found some info on wikipedia (I don't know if it's reliable)

After nine years in power, the Noron collapsed when Sukjong deposed Queen Inhyeon, who was supported by the Western faction, and named Consort Hui of Jang clan (also called Consort Jang or Jang Hui-bin) as the new queen. She is widely thought to be one of the most beautiful women in Joseon Dynasty, and her beauty was mentioned in the Annals. The Western faction angered Sukjong when it opposed the naming of Consort Jang's son as crown prince. Five years later in 1694, the Southern faction was planning another purge of the Western faction, accusing them of conspiracy to reinstate the deposed Queen Inhyeon, when Sukjong began to regret deposing Queen Inhyeon and favor Consort Suk of Choi clan (Consort Choi), an ally of Queen Inhyeon and the Noron faction. Angry with the Southern faction's attempt to purge Westerners, Sukjong abruptly turned around to purge Southerners and brought the Western faction back in power. The Southern faction would never recover from this blow, also called Gapsul hwanguk (갑술환국). Sukjong demoted Queen Jang to Consort Jang and reinstated Queen Inhyeon. Consort Jang was eventually executed (with poison) for cursing Queen Inhyeon after the latter died. From Sukjong of Joseon's wikipedia

Then I found more info about Queen In Hyun on wikepedia:

Jang Ok-jeong produced a son in 1688, it created a bloody dispute called Gisa literati purges (기사사화). During this time, Sukjong wanted to give this eldest son (entitled thewonja, literally the "First Son") the title of "Crown Prince" and wanted to promote Lady Jang from So-ui to Hui-bin.[4] This action was opposed by the Noron faction, which supports Queen Inhyeon led by Song Si-yeol, and this was supported by the Soronfaction, which supports Lady Jang. Sukjong became angry at the opposition, and many were killed including Song Si-yeol. Many, including Inhyeon and her family, were forced into exile. Queen Inhyeon was deposed, while Jang so-ui became Jang hui-bin, and then became the third Queen Consort. Later in 1694, Sukjong, feeling remorse at his temperamental actions, gave in to a movement for Inhyeon's reinstatement, which was led by the Soron (this event was called the Gapsul Hwanguk (갑술환국)) She was brought back to the palace and was reinstated as Queen Consort, with Lady Jang being demoted to hui-bin. In 1701, aged 34, she became ill and died of an unknown disease (some sources say that she was poisoned).

It has been said that Sukjong, while mourning for Inhyeon, dreamed of her in a sobok dress drenched with blood. Sukjong asked Inhyeon of how she died, but Inhyeon didn't say anything, but pointed in to the direction of Jang Hui-bin's chambers. Sukjong awoke, then went into Jang's chambers. While approaching, he heard music and sounds of laughter. Eavesdropping, he saw Jang Hui-bin with Shamanist priestesses in her chambers, praying for the Queen's death, while striking a figurine with arrows. When this was discovered by Sukjong, Lady Jang was executed for her actions by poison. From Queen Inhyeon's wikipedia

So looking in the history, Jang was just forced to drink poison after Queen In Hyun's death. 

So what if this drama can use the ''poison'' theory, about Jang poisoning poor Queen In Hyun? And Boong Do tries to prevent it? 

Edit: I found this website that uses reliable source, and it is says what Wikipedia says but it's more detailed .

Uireung - A Story of King Sukjong and King Gyeongjong

Lol I might know more about Korean History than my own country's history (Kidding) but every sageuk I see I try to find info about its history (just to see if they changed too much the history)

Archived