[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iviih

I watched the second episode at krdrama.org.  They seemed to have aired the second episode.  I just don't know if they aired it back to back or on different days. I watched the trailer first and I was thinking will JHW was going to be in traditional clothes for the whole series considering he goes back and forth.  But, he actually wears normal clothes in 2012, cool!!  I'm so hooked on this drama.  I hope the sub for this one is faster then when I was watching Syndrome.  I still don't know what the last two episode for that series is talking about.

Then again, what does Rooftop Prince's airing having anything to do with this series?  Aren't they on different channels?  Is it because they didn't want a ratings clash?

Hi, It doesn't have anything to do with Quen In Hyun's man, because RP airs in a different air time, plus Queen In Hyun's man is a cable drama, and since RP isn't a cable drama, it doesn't and can't compete against QIHM for ratings .  I still don't know why it aired both episodes but I don't think it has something to do with RP. I don't get why people think so... blink.gif 

Guest cococrust

ep 1 c-sub

pt 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rj7dcf

pt 2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e5h2wq

ep 2 c-sub

pt 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ow6pci

pt 2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zqgoo1

OST 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xbvzhq

Annyeong QIHM chingu :)

Thanks for creating this thread. I'm interested in this drama because of Hyun Woo. I'm a fan of him since his Over Rainbow drama days. And he can sing. Like his voice too.

This drama is a bit like Rooftop Prince, Joseon and 300 years to the future. But its ok, cos I like such stories thats why I'm in here. This will be the first time I see In Na as lead. Saw her first time in The Greatest Love.

And talking about kisses :), even when Hyun Woo's drama were not on cable, his kisses were hot too *grin*. So I think we can expect hot kisses from him in this drama since its on cable.

Will be in this thread often now :)

Hi, It doesn't have anything to do with Quen In Hyun's man, because RP airs in a different air time, plus Queen In Hyun's man is a cable drama, and since RP isn't a cable drama, it doesn't and can't compete against QIHM for ratings .  I still don't know why it aired both episodes but I don't think it has something to do with RP. I don't get why people think so... *quoted image* 

Thanks for the clarification, but can I ask a dumb question? So, what is the difference between a cable drama and not a cable drama? Nowadays, there are so many smaller stations airing dramas that I'm getting confused. Like cable dramas can't compete for non-cable drama ratings? How does that work? They don't need ratings? Thanks.

Thank you cococrust for posting the c-sub links. It is definitely being subbed faster that the other series I watched which is really cool!! I hate guessing!! I really enjoy this drama even though it sort of is like Rooftop Prince, but it is different in that the main guy character can travel back and forth from both times where as it is not certain whether the main guy in RP can go back to his times. I really wonder how they will end the series considering these types of shows always gets me sad because they have to write a logical explaination as to why, let's say, the main guy character would stay in the present or that the main girl would go with the main guy to the past. It's funny how I'm already thinking of the ending when the series just started.

Well anyways, I can't wait to see the upcoming episodes.

Guest rafathebest

Is Kimchi - or any other sites - going to sub this drama? I hope so.

I liked Yoo In-Na in Secret Garden a lot, she was very cute there and i'm happy that she got her lead role even though it's a cable drama.

Public stations = Such as MBC, SBS and KBS are free to everyone to watch.  (Example:  In the U.S., ABC, CBS, PBS, NBC, etc.)

Cable stations = requires people to pay (subscribe) to the cable station, in order to watch.  (Example: In the U.S., HBO, Cinemax, Disney Family, ESPNSport, etc.)

Since only the people paying can watch, the ratings are naturally lower than the public station ratings.  However, since they are not public, they have more leeway in what they show, i.e. violence and more controversial subjects.

As far as I know, no subs for this drama.  Viki has not gotten the license since they have not allowed the channel to be created.  And, it's not listed on Dramafever as one of the upcoming dramas, for which they're getting subs.  No fan-subbing groups either. 

It's too bad because it is interesting how he travels back and forth between the 21st C and the past.  It gives the drama much more possibilities in how to move the story along.  :)

Guest Starlitelet

I'm sorry, but Yoo In-Na's voice grinds against my ears :vicx:. I find she tries too hard to be cute, and it has only been the first episode with no subtitles!

Guest trixicopper

Does anybody knows where I can watch it with subtitles or where can I get the subtitles?

Looks like DarkSmurf is subbing this one. They are about half way through the first episode. :)

Guest tvm4nia

Darksmurf subs seems to be locked, dunno y i cant download this drama subs..but can on others...any clue? Thank you in advance...Xx

Guest hakupoo

To help us tide over for subtitles, I found this site that has mini-recaps of the past two episodes; maymaywatch.blogspot.com (very grateful to the author). Hope this helps :) Have a good one.

Ji Hyun Woo and Yoo In Na Get Chummy On Set

2012-04-22 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart

Yoo In Na and Ji Hyun Woo, the two leads of tvN′s upcoming Queen In Hyun′s Man, are showing remarkable chemistry on set.

In photos unveiled on April 23, the two, dressed in casual attire, displayed their close friendship on set.

13399575.jpg

The pictures were revealed to be from in between shooting for a scene, in which Ji Hyun Woo′s character, Kim Bong Do, from the Joseon dynasty, enters a time slip into the modern age. Yoo In Na′s Choi Hee Jin, who is a rookie actress portraying Queen In Hyun within the drama, aids Kim Bong Do and dresses him up as a staff member.

The two were said to display a close friendship on set even when the cameras were not rolling. The bright and cheerful Yoo In Na and the well-mannered and hard-working Ji Hyun Woo were said to constantly receive the praises of the staff members.

Netizens who saw the photos commented by saying, "The two look so great together", "It′s the birth of a new, great couple!" and "Ji Hyun Woo has a killer smile."

Queen In Hyun′s Man airs every Wednesday and Thursday nights on tvN.

Photo credit: tvN

Guest Iviih

I'm sorry, but Yoo In-Na's voice grinds against my ears :vicx:. I find she tries too hard to be cute, and it has only been the first episode with no subtitles!

Actually her voice is like this... I know it can look like she tries hard to be cute, but I think her voice is just like this, I watched the press conference and her voice sounds the same.  ^^

Guest iluvjin

I just watched the first two episodes and its good so far. I'm looking forward to see what happens as he go in between the past and future. Seeing as none of tvN's dramas have disappointed me so far I have high hopes for this drama as we move forward. I'm also glad that Queen In Hyun in the past does not look like the one in the future. They have similar features but are not played by the same actress. It'll be fun to watch how he falls for In-Na as he trys to adjust to the future. I'm so excited!! So many dramas to watch!!!

Also I know her voice is very high pitched but I got used to it after watching her in so many dramas.

Public stations = Such as MBC, SBS and KBS are free to everyone to watch.  (Example:  In the U.S., ABC, CBS, PBS, NBC, etc.)

Cable stations = requires people to pay (subscribe) to the cable station, in order to watch.  (Example: In the U.S., HBO, Cinemax, Disney Family, ESPNSport, etc.)

Since only the people paying can watch, the ratings are naturally lower than the public station ratings.  However, since they are not public, they have more leeway in what they show, i.e. violence and more controversial subjects.

As far as I know, no subs for this drama.  Viki has not gotten the license since they have not allowed the channel to be created.  And, it's not listed on Dramafever as one of the upcoming dramas, for which they're getting subs.  No fan-subbing groups either. 

It's too bad because it is interesting how he travels back and forth between the 21st C and the past.  It gives the drama much more possibilities in how to move the story along.  :)

Thank you for the explaination. Thank you Jillia for the attempt. So, does that mean that for those cable station dramas, ratings don't really effect them? As in whether the series is doing well or not?

I'm really into this series and we are only on Ep. 2. I really hope this has a good ending!! I'm already thinking of the ending!! I don't know, I find it kind of hard to get the dramas I like to watch to get it subbed in english. Luckily, the chinese subs are still around and I can read them. Or, I have to spend guessing what the show is talking about rather than enjoying the feelings that the shows brings. I really can't wait to watch Ep. 3!!! Oh and thank you Iviih for the preview!

Guest Iviih

Guys, do you know why when I try to edit my post everything disappears? It's so frustrating! 

Well, spoiler for next week! Wee!

20120423135317979.jpg

18904226.jpg

201204030081002.jpg

Iviih: Doesn't Yoon Na-jung hatred stem from the fact that she believes that Hee Jin got her role in the drama not because of hard work, which I suppose is true to a point given Dong Min's own confession about wanting to reconcile with her, but because of Dong Min's meddling and/or her good looks/being easy? I would suppose as well, given we don't now a great deal about Yoon Na-jung, that her attacking Hee Jin may be a result of Hee Jin's absence from the press conference and/or her 'showing up' this supposed A-lister with Hee Jin's fainting which took away Yoon Na-jung spotlight.

I'll agree, I guess, with everyone else Yoon Na-jung has an air of superiority that really needs to be dealt with but instead of resorting to fisticuffs it would be better if Hee Jin out acted her (not in that showy sense we're getting from Yoon Na-jung, but with the help of Boong Do she actually dives right into the character she's playing and simply becomes Queen In-hyun (that makes sense, right?)).

Thanks for clearing up ^^

Well, since I didn't see it subbed and didn't read any recap I didn't know. But I did think about her hitting Hee Jin because Hee Jin maybe stole the spotligght from Na Jung. lol 

I think Boong Do will appear in the press conference holding Hee Jin is his arms and all the attention will be turned to Hee Jin! 

And this will richard simmons off Na-jung. phew.giflaugh.gif 

Archived