[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

Guest kawaiiyuki

Ahhh waiting for subs is sooo hard. As we know he can't die or else we won't have a story.

My question what does it mean now that he has cut his hair? How will he go back or does he intend to stay for a while in the 21st century.

It also makes me wonder if that very first scene is our last scene of the drama and it's right now telling us how our OTP couple's love story/story in general came to be.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jaejoongsgirl<3

LOVEEEE THIS DRAMAAA!

I thought the first 4 eps were really good but this ep sold it. I am officially addicted.

Love the HJ and BD so natural.....and I know natural is like the most polar opposite word to use for a jooseon shi dae scholar and a modern day actress but they work so well together.

This is a time traveling drama done right. Honestly TRP bored me to tears after ep 8 with all the makjang craziness. And totally lost me and the original intent of a drama it feels like I am just watching another rom com instead of time traveling drama. Whereas here I feel like that I can see the time traveling and you can also see what if effect it will have in history because BD Is recreating history by not dieing. Its like what ever u change in the past must have an effect in the future which RP does not quiet address, And we will have to see if it get addressed here.

cant wait for tomorrow episode!

The whole this is my namja chingoo in the plane ahhhh cant wait!

I am actually happy that they decided to start the romance early on instead of lingering it.

if all the episodes are as good as this one I think this might just become my favorite drama of the year!

fan gal digger, thanks so much for the raws!!! Even though I understand one word in a hundred, it is still fun and exciting to watch. Thanks for all of the spoilers, everyone, that helped me piece together what was happening. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Guest tikamicizia

actually the second lead is handsome and so sweet.. but I can't escape from bongdo's smile. weird that I like his natural teeth. muahahha. omg waiting for the subs is killing mee...

Ahhh waiting for subs is sooo hard. As we know he can't die or else we won't have a story.

My question what does it mean now that he has cut his hair? How will he go back or does he intend to stay for a while in the 21st century.

It also makes me wonder if that very first scene is our last scene of the drama and it's right now telling us how our OTP couple's love story/story in general came to be.

I'm just wishing that that first scene is the last scene we see of the drama. That scene was what got me hooked in the first place because it gave me a sense that it was going to be a happy ending. Well, unless we see that scene in the series somewhere, I'm wishing it to be. I really don't mind see their love story unfold as long as I know it will be a good ending.

As for the phone number....hmm....I have a feeling that HJ will get curious and ask in the next episode. I mean, I would be, suddenly this Joseon Era person knows how a phone works and knows my number. I mean the phone part, he could of researched it in the library, but we just never saw it. Maybe in the middle somewhere, he got a hold of her phone and looked up what her number was. I have a feeling though it might be explained in the beginning of next episode.

So, I'm just curious, so the poison would have actually killed BD? I mean, the BD in the books would have never gotten a talisman. So, if the talisman says something along the lines of you will live if you want to die, then wouldn't the poison not kill him. Unless, I got lost in the translation of what the talisman does and specifically what kind of a position the beholder has to be in in order to live again.

I never really liked JHW, but because of this series, I think I'm starting to fall for his cute smile, natural teeth, and how gentle he looks on screen. Ay.....

Oh...I can't wait for Ep.6.....

Well, I managed to watch Ep.5 with chinese subs, so just in case anyone wants to know what is going on, I can write the highlights while everyone is waiting for the English subs....

Okay, the reason he laughed so hard in the car is because HJ's friend/manager said that when she gets excited she does things out of the ordinary and tells him to be careful being with her.

Well, the fact that the kiss is not a way for this century to say goodbye was because of the friend/manager. She wanted to shake his hands and said that that was a way to say goodbye. Then, BD asked is there any other way to say goodbye, well the friend/manager said waving. He asked was that all and she said yes, so he want to shake HJ's hand.

HJ went home to try to look him up and found nothing on him and thought that maybe she was with a stalker all the time and even kissed him. DM called to see if HJ is fine and asked what she was doing at the library. The friend/manager said asked how he knew, he said he saw pics on the web. Then, HJ asked her friend if there would be cameras in the elevator.

They went back to the library and HJ's friend made up a story about wanting to find physical evidence that HJ's boyfriend stole something from her. They told him the time and the security guard said that the cameras died at that time, so there was no recording of anything. HJ saw BD and went to find him.

She told BD where the cameras are and which area is good to go. He asked her what she was doing there and said I always have to clean up your act. BD said that their meeting is not concidental, but on purpose. She asked what he was doing here and he said he wanted to know what his future was. HJ's friend/manager called and BD said to go because she seems to person that is suspicious of everything. HJ said yeah she is and BD said well, she seems to be more suspicious of you than of me. She told me to watch your actions. HJ said there are different ways to say goodbye and that was one of them. BD went to kiss her and said well, in his time, this is what lovers would do and is shocked to know that this era this is a way of saying goodbye so he did it to her. She said that before you kept asking me what I meant by playboy, she said that playboys do that all the time.

BD read in the book that he will charged for the body that was in the library, his status is striped, and gets sent to Jeju Island (Ahh....so that is why he wants to know how it is like..) Along the way, he dies of sickness.

BD went back and thought about whether he really is going to die of sickness or something else. He said he isn't sure if the talisman would work in saving him. He also wonders what will be in store for him if he escapes death and what kind of history he will change (Oh...so he knows it will change history). So, he told his friend to leave with his other female friend.

BD does get charged for it and is sent to Jeju Island. At this time, HJ was wondering that she should have given her his phone number but thought even if he did have the phone number, he wouldn't know how to use to phone. The writer comes. HJ learns from the writer that BD dies on March 22.

While on transport, BD figures out that there might be poison in the food and feeds the rats to see.

The Minister thinks that the King sent BD to Jeju Island so that he can do his business there.

The rats did get poisoned and BD catches the lady off guard by saying that if he died today, how can he die so that it would look like he was sick. He said rat poison? The lady told the people outside and they said they have to kill him tonight.

Before all this, he went to the monk. He thanks the monk for the talisman and said that because he was saved that day at the library, he gets to go through another life and death situation. BD asks if he gets through this, is he going to live a happy life or go through another life and death situation. (So, in a way, if BD is supposed to die and he doesn't, I guess fate or something is going to keep making him die so that history won't change?) The monk ask how he knows when he will die. BD says at first he thought it was luck that got him out of the death situation, but now he thinks that the monk gave him that so that he doesn't die without accomplishing anything. Or, there is something big out there for him, but for him to get there, he has to first live. BD says that he met a girl there and he thinks it was on purpose.

HJ told her friend/manager that the person she knows died 300 years ago, 3 days before today. She got a call from Jeju Island and it was BD. HJ said didn't you die, BD said to die right there seems to be not right. BD said it took him 3 days to learn how to call.

I really love the way BD hits the bad guys with a book. So, I hope it helps to understand it a little before Ep.6. But, I think everyone will be watching Ep. 6 without reading this anyways. So, everyone enjoying watching!!

Guest moonwon

Well, I managed to watch Ep.5 with chinese subs, so just in case anyone wants to know what is going on, I can write the highlights while everyone is waiting for the English subs....

Okay, the reason he laughed so hard in the car is because HJ's friend/manager said that when she gets excited she does things out of the ordinary and tells him to be careful being with her.

Well, the fact that the kiss is not a way for this century to say goodbye was because of the friend/manager.  She wanted to shake his hands and said that that was a way to say goodbye.  Then, BD asked is there any other way to say goodbye, well the friend/manager said waving.  He asked was that all and she said yes, so he want to shake HJ's hand.

HJ went home to try to look him up and found nothing on him and thought that maybe she was with a stalker all the time and even kissed him.  DM called to see if HJ is fine and asked what she was doing at the library.  The friend/manager said asked how he knew, he said he saw pics on the web.  Then, HJ asked her friend if there would be cameras in the elevator.

They went back to the library and HJ's friend made up a story about wanting to find physical evidence that HJ's boyfriend stole something from her.  They told him the time and the security guard said that the cameras died at that time, so there was no recording of anything.  HJ saw BD and went to find him.

She told BD where the cameras are and which area is good to go.  He asked her what she was doing there and said I always have to clean up your act.  BD said that their meeting is not concidental, but on purpose.  She asked what he was doing here and he said he wanted to know what his future was.  HJ's friend/manager called and BD said to go because she seems to person that is suspicious of everything.  HJ said yeah she is and BD said well, she seems to be more suspicious of you than of me.  She told me to watch your actions.  HJ said there are different ways to say goodbye and that was one of them.  BD went to kiss her and said well, in his time, this is what lovers would do and is shocked to know that this era this is a way of saying goodbye so he did it to her.  She said that before you kept asking me what I meant by playboy, she said that playboys do that all the time.

BD read in the book that he will charged for the body that was in the library, his status is striped, and gets sent to Jeju Island (Ahh....so that is why he wants to know how it is like..)  Along the way, he dies of sickness.

BD went back and thought about whether he really is going to die of sickness or something else.  He said he isn't sure if the talisman would work in saving him.  He also wonders what will be in store for him if he escapes death and what kind of history he will change (Oh...so he knows it will change history).  So, he told his friend to leave with his other female friend.  

BD does get charged for it and is sent to Jeju Island.  At this time, HJ was wondering that she should have given her his phone number but thought even if he did have the phone number, he wouldn't know how to use to phone.  The writer comes.  HJ learns from the writer that BD dies on March 22.

While on transport, BD figures out that there might be poison in the food and feeds the rats to see.  

The Minister thinks that the King sent BD to Jeju Island so that he can do his business there.

The rats did get poisoned and BD catches the lady off guard by saying that if he died today, how can he die so that it would look like he was sick.  He said rat poison?  The lady told the people outside and they said they have to kill him tonight.

Before all this, he went to the monk.  He thanks the monk for the talisman and said that because he was saved that day at the library, he gets to go through another life and death situation.  BD asks if he gets through this, is he going to live a happy life or go through another life and death situation. (So, in a way, if BD is supposed to die and he doesn't, I guess fate or something is going to keep making him die so that history won't change?)  The monk ask how he knows when he will die.  BD says at first he thought it was luck that got him out of the death situation, but now he thinks that the monk gave him that so that he doesn't die without accomplishing anything. Or, there is something big out there for him, but for him to get there, he has to first live.  BD says that he met a girl there and he thinks it was on purpose.

HJ told her friend/manager that the person she knows died 300 years ago, 3 days before today.  She got a call from Jeju Island and it was BD.  HJ said didn't you die, BD said to die right there seems to be not right.  BD said it took him 3 days to learn how to call.

I really love the way BD hits the bad guys with a book.  So, I hope it helps to understand it a little before Ep.6.  But, I think everyone will be watching Ep. 6 without reading this anyways.  So, everyone enjoying watching!!

Hello, i'm so happy to be able to read this...thank u vry much! Btw, may i know if there's a link for watching/download this drama series with chinese subs? Thanks in advance :D

Just finished ep 5 raw...OH GOSH HEE JIN! How embarrasssing!!!!! I just wanted to burrow into a hole and hide WATCHING that awkward handshake in the car, let alone being in that situation and getting caught red-handed telling such a revealing lie! kekeke Back to the actual kiss in the library though, she looked like her knees were going to give way after (who could blame her ;))... she looked totally unsteady hahahahahah

Thanks for that short recap kitty99, it was super helpful - there was a lot of important talk in this episode!

A side note though, Oh man I totally cracked up inappropriately when they showed BD getting tortured in front of the king. That fake blood is totally not a realistic shade. It looked like he had smeared ketchup on his face like a 2 year old!! BAHAHAHAHHA

Dying for next ep, I want him a make a proper move...she's been doing all the work! oh ho!

Guest mararu

I am really enjoying this drama. I haven't watch episode 6, but I found the preview for ep 7 (it looks good).

Guest cococrust

ep 5 c-sub

pt 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y2t2d2

pt 2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d4myb1

Well, the fact that the kiss is not a way for this century to say goodbye was because of the friend/manager.  She wanted to shake his hands and said that that was a way to say goodbye.  Then, BD asked is there any other way to say goodbye, well the friend/manager said waving.  He asked was that all and she said yes, so he want to shake HJ's hand.

HJ went home to try to look him up and found nothing on him and thought that maybe she was with a stalker all the time and even kissed him.  DM called to see if HJ is fine and asked what she was doing at the library.  The friend/manager said asked how he knew, he said he saw pics on the web.  Then, HJ asked her friend if there would be cameras in the elevator.

They went back to the library and HJ's friend made up a story about wanting to find physical evidence that HJ's boyfriend stole something from her.  They told him the time and the security guard said that the cameras died at that time, so there was no recording of anything.  HJ saw BD and went to find him.

She told BD where the cameras are and which area is good to go.  He asked her what she was doing there and said I always have to clean up your act.  BD said that their meeting is not concidental, but on purpose.  She asked what he was doing here and he said he wanted to know what his future was.  HJ's friend/manager called and BD said to go because she seems to person that is suspicious of everything.  HJ said yeah she is and BD said well, she seems to be more suspicious of you than of me.  She told me to watch your actions.  HJ said there are different ways to say goodbye and that was one of them.  BD went to kiss her and said well, in his time, this is what lovers would do and is shocked to know that this era this is a way of saying goodbye so he did it to her.  She said that before you kept asking me what I meant by playboy, she said that playboys do that all the time.

BD read in the book that he will charged for the body that was in the library, his status is striped, and gets sent to Jeju Island (Ahh....so that is why he wants to know how it is like..)  Along the way, he dies of sickness.

BD went back and thought about whether he really is going to die of sickness or something else.  He said he isn't sure if the talisman would work in saving him.  He also wonders what will be in store for him if he escapes death and what kind of history he will change (Oh...so he knows it will change history).  So, he told his friend to leave with his other female friend.  

BD does get charged for it and is sent to Jeju Island.  At this time, HJ was wondering that she should have given her his phone number but thought even if he did have the phone number, he wouldn't know how to use to phone.  The writer comes.  HJ learns from the writer that BD dies on March 22.

The rats did get poisoned and BD catches the lady off guard by saying that if he died today, how can he die so that it would look like he was sick.  He said rat poison?  The lady told the people outside and they said they have to kill him tonight.

Before all this, he went to the monk.  He thanks the monk for the talisman and said that because he was saved that day at the library, he gets to go through another life and death situation.  BD asks if he gets through this, is he going to live a happy life or go through another life and death situation. (So, in a way, if BD is supposed to die and he doesn't, I guess fate or something is going to keep making him die so that history won't change?)  The monk ask how he knows when he will die.  BD says at first he thought it was luck that got him out of the death situation, but now he thinks that the monk gave him that so that he doesn't die without accomplishing anything. Or, there is something big out there for him, but for him to get there, he has to first live.  BD says that he met a girl there and he thinks it was on purpose.

HJ told her friend/manager that the person she knows died 300 years ago, 3 days before today.  She got a call from Jeju Island and it was BD.  HJ said didn't you die, BD said to die right there seems to be not right.  BD said it took him 3 days to learn how to call.

I really love the way BD hits the bad guys with a book.  So, I hope it helps to understand it a little before Ep.6.  But, I think everyone will be watching Ep. 6 without reading this anyways.  So, everyone enjoying watching!!

Thanks You sooooo much you really made my day smile.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gifw00t.gif

Guest joghy

wow i was only going to give this drama a try since im watching rooftop prince as well, boy im glad i did!

i agree with everyone else that the leads have great chemistry, it just looks natural.

Guest iluvjin

I watched epi 6 and now I understand how he got her number. He saw her write it down when they were at the library. He also learned about modern day Korea from a book he found which shows how much you can learn from a book. :)

I think it was funny that DM and NJ were both on the plane with HJ and BD on the way back to the mainland. Now that HJ confessed to BD being her boyfriend I bet NJ is going to spread rumors about her. In the preview it looks like the minister will also get a talisman.

Guest je_amourx

Usually no matter how good a drama is, I'd wait for the eng subs but I've been watching QIHM in raw! That's how much I love it! The writing is so refreshing compared to the current dramas despite it's similar themes and the cinematography is breathtaking!

And ... I LOVE HOW BD'S CHARACTER IS A SUCH A GENIUS! I love how he's learning and adapting to the modern world without all the crazy nonsense and overdramatic changes. So calm and collective :wub:

I watched epi 6 and now I understand how he got her number. He saw her write it down when they were at the library. He also learned about modern day Korea from a book he found which shows how much you can learn from a book. :)

I think it was funny that DM and NJ were both on the plane with HJ and BD on the way back to the mainland. Now that HJ confessed to BD being her boyfriend I bet NJ is going to spread rumors about her. In the preview it looks like the minister will also get a talisman.

Thanks everyone for posting the links and pics. I forgot who ask me this, but I watch my chinese subs at www.517ww.com.

Really? Didn't see the

talisman

part? Which part is it specifically?

Thanks semi-fly for the torrent link. I knew they were going to explain about the phone part. It was too much of a jump not to explain it. I guess the writers want us to know that he is not dead before the end of the episode.

I thought he was going to stay in the modern times for a while, but, oh well. I wonder how the history is going to change after this. Now, not only does BD have to battle his enemies, HJ has her enemies to battle too. Isn't it going to cause a lot of problems for HJ for saying that she has a boyfriend? Ay....but, next episode seems cute when they are hiding behind a menu talking. I forgot who was sitting on the other side, was it DM...either way, the other party was not happy.

Ohhh.....now I'm depressed!! Have to wait another week to watch this series!!! I am so addicted to it!!!

Guest iluvjin

Thanks everyone for posting the links and pics. I forgot who ask me this, but I watch my chinese subs at www.517ww.com.

Really? Didn't see the

talisman

part? Which part is it specifically?

Thanks semi-fly for the torrent link. I knew they were going to explain about the phone part. It was too much of a jump not to explain it. I guess the writers want us to know that he is not dead before the end of the episode.

I thought he was going to stay in the modern times for a while, but, oh well. I wonder how the history is going to change after this. Now, not only does BD have to battle his enemies, HJ has her enemies to battle too. Isn't it going to cause a lot of problems for HJ for saying that she has a boyfriend? Ay....but, next episode seems cute when they are hiding behind a menu talking. I forgot who was sitting on the other side, was it DM...either way, the other party was not happy.

Ohhh.....now I'm depressed!! Have to wait another week to watch this series!!! I am so addicted to it!!!

It was in the preview right before BD pulls his mask off at the end.

It was in the preview right before BD pulls his mask off at the end.

Thanks. Ah!!! I suck!! I still couldn't see it! :( I'll just take your word for it!

semi-fly: I guess you're right about the relationship part. I just hope they can get through it. I was also kind of shocked about the purse thing too. But, I guess since he is already stealing clothes, it didn't really matter that he is now stealing other stuff. His upright scholar thing went out the window when he went into the modern world. If they had time, they could show some funny parts about how all these people seem to find things missing and it is all because of BD. I guess the writer is also trying to take out all the complicated parts like how BD can cut his hair so perfectly. Wow!! He could be a hairstylist. Maybe if he went to returned the purse, the police would want his name and information or something which would cause a lot of hassle. It seems to me that BD here is supposed to be a person that comes in and out of this time, well, it just got complicated for him because of HJ.

Archived