[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

About KBD's honesty towards the left handbag, i think between the upright principles of a nobleman and his survival, he chose not to return it. he is aware though that in order to obtain/blend with the modern word he must do drastic measures like stealing clothes (which he admitted in episode 3)and dishonesty.

i appreciate how the writer deduced our curiosity on how he made that phone call, have his hair cut, treat his wounds etc. at first i thought finding the stuff in just one bag is way too mechanical but then again, my mind changed definitely when i realized that he had chosen to keep it. he could have return the bag but he had chosen the extreme mainly because he need to survive.

and the book is the main cause i think. he smiled like he saw a gem after seeing the  chinese guide b :Dook.

Thanks for posting so much information about the series!

The scripts are so colorful. If I got that, I would be excited too. It brings up my mood by seeing the different colors. I don't know, I'm weird that way.

Sorry to cut your post. Hmm...survival...I didn't really think about that, but you're right. That would explain why he didn't return the bag back.

I feel gitty too, but not just at the leaning part in the airplane, it's every time I see the lead couple together. I feel like they are in high school and had crushes on each other for a long time and just started dating. They are really cute together. Yeah, like Kgrl said, it's nice to see the couple together way in the beginning and not have to wait many episodes later.

I also wonder what HJ's importance is to him besides being there when he is in trouble and the fact that she is playing the same character as the person that BD is trying protect. I'm so curious. I hope it's not something that puts them together and also breaks them a part like some melodrama, then I'm happy.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nauna

Haven't been on Soompi for awhile, but this drama needs more recognition. Personally, this drama far surpasses the other time-jumping drama in terms of production values, acting chemistry, and script. Haven't caught up to watching ep 6, but I find the sensual teasing/tutelage to be hilarious  :phew:  and sweet at the same time. I love that the "teacher" keeps on getting owned by the "student" - simply awesome chemistry and intrigue.

I'm curious as to why HJ is so important to BD, as what her connection is to his "fate" or "purpose" in life other than being a romantic interest - there has to be more than that - at least I hope so. It's also so gratifying that finally we get leads who can draw conclusions and make appropriate assumptions faster than your typical Kdrama heroes/heroines. It's endlessly frustrating when it takes leads forever to make connections that the audiences have already made like 12 episodes ago - I love how smart/conclusive BD is and how HJ entertains both real and surreal possibilities despite having more romantic/idealistic notions. Though the drama has supernatural/surreal contexts, it's delivered in realistic and logical concepts.

Anyways, loving this drama, one of the rare dramas that didn't lose my interest after checking out the first 2 episodes. Hopefully, more recognition can go their way. See a lot of old Soompi friends here. *waves*  ;)

Hey Kgrl! Long time, no see! *waves back* I just started watching this one, and have only seen the first 2 episodes, but I completely agree with you. This one definitely needs more love! 

I'm really enjoying how 'smart' this drama feels. Surprising really, because this one wasn't even on my radar at first. So glad I decided to check it out. Nothing beats intelligent writing. happy.gif 

hello everyone.. :D this is first time posting in this thread.. :D i'm usually silent type in soompi.. :D i hv watched many korean drama's and this is first in long time that I really really like.  the chemistry between leads is so awesome. :D and I really like history dramas even though this is not really a history drama but anyways I'm a history teacher so it comes with the job. but this drama has something that keeps you waiting for next episode. 

Conversation took place on 4th May 2012. 

10.20 am local time.

[My disbelief look lasted for 1 hour. He now knows where to download OSTs. Even remember the broadcast time. He really likes this one. REALLY likes]

Azuwaza, just saw your post and loving the convo recap. Congrats on successful conversion! I'm still waiting for my BF to convert - at his rate it'll probably take 300 years. :sweatingbullets:

I feel gitty too, but not just at the leaning part in the airplane, it's every time I see the lead couple together. I feel like they are in high school and had crushes on each other for a long time and just started dating. They are really cute together. Yeah, like Kgrl said, it's nice to see the couple together way in the beginning and not have to wait many episodes later.

I also wonder what HJ's importance is to him besides being there when he is in trouble and the fact that she is playing the same character as the person that BD is trying protect. I'm so curious. I hope it's not something that puts them together and also breaks them a part like some melodrama, then I'm happy.

I love that our hero isn't an asinine jerk this time around. Not to say I don't love my share of Kdrama jack A's *cue avatar pic* but it's nice when leads are smart and nice, oh, and a beguiling "player" as HJ likes to call him. It's also great that the attraction between our leads was immediate and how easily they allow their feelings to dictate their actions toward each other. How often do we see drama leads that refuse to showcase any kindness or expression of feeling for the romantic interest? As if the only way a person can communicate "like/love" is by being a complete meanie, or saying completely opposite words. I love that the approach to this drama is much simpler despite a complex series of events. It's refreshing.

Hey Kgrl! Long time, no see! *waves back* I just started watching this one, and have only seen the first 2 episodes, but I completely agree with you. This one definitely needs more love! 

I'm really enjoying how 'smart' this drama feels. Surprising really, because this one wasn't even on my radar at first. So glad I decided to check it out. Nothing beats intelligent writing. 

Dear, long time no see! *hugs* We just gravitate toward the same dramas don't we? ;):lol: Yeps, intelligent writing and well-transitioned execution is the best. And the chemistry! I love the chemistry between the 3 leading actors. K2H and this drama have the most dynamic cast chemistry of the current offering so far - loving it. I know the international community is catching on, but hopefully their ratings or netizen attention in Korea increase.

Hi ya Semi! I'm also very intrigued if the drama will be following a self-fulfilling prophecy approach. What I want to know is who was the monk that drew that talisman for BD, and whether he had connections to the future. I think with the intelligent writing we've seen so far and great director on this production, there has got to be more substance than "fated lovers." Hopefully, the writer can give me (us ;) ) some delicious plots to analyze. :D

Guest kawaiiyuki

I'm going to be optimistic and say that she's his destiny because if the very first scene in episode 1 is the ending for the drama they plan to be together.

In order to do that he has to do one last thing in his era and knowing that the amulet works when he is in danger he uses the fact that he might die to time jump so he can be with HJ. Then gets ride of it knowing that he'll no longer need it because he doesn't plan on leaving HJ.

I don't think HJ will go back with BD or that's not a place they'd go to since it's not safe for him. Thus, the most logically place for them to be together is in the 21st century, since no one really knows who he is.

I'm sooo loving this drama. I remember reading about it over at dramabeans but forgot all about it till i saw it on line and thought i'd check it out.

I'm so glad i did!!

What's with the second lead actress and her dirty looks? Why does she hate HJ? I just found it weird because HJ isn't even a famous actress and the second lead is consider the "nations angel" (or something like that) Does she secretly like DM or something and is pissed that he wants to get back together with HJ?

I just started to watch this drama and its goooood :) I like both male leads :P...But the evil queen annoys me :(.

Does this drama have good ratings? Not that I care about them, but I care for them cuz of the actors. I hope they stop making cable drama;s and just broadcast it normally like other drama;s cuz they dont get much attention and they always have low ratings and are being cutted (like Kpop ultimate survival :( )

Ahhhhhh another silent reader delurking! Hahahaha~~ I love this drama to bits! :wub: I broke my silence on Dramatalk (I'm Snow there) but then I can't stop stalking for more previews and info and what not XD I never really posted on soompi before because things here seem to move much faster than I'm used to and I got intimidated. But I agree with whomever it was that said we're going crazy probably because there's such a lack of information.

THANKS SO MUCH for the preview for Ep 7!! I can't wait~~ The scenes where he leans towards her and the talking behind menus are too cute for words. I love the show for all the reasons you people here mentioned already so I shan't reiterate hehehe...

Azuzama: Congrats on your hubby watching it too! Hahaha.. I always feel a sense of accomplishment too when I get my brother to watch a certain Kdrama :P And I love that song by Deok Hwan too!

I'm so happy I chose to watch this drama out of the blue :D I'm not watching any of the hit dramas right now, though I follow everything on Dramabeans. I zipped right through Eps 1-2 with the English subs and then I got hit with the sense of urgency till I found Dramatalk's blog and then I started watching in C-subs, before I got even more impatient and started watching raw! Hahaha... I wish my Korean were even better so I can understand more, as it is, I can get the gist of what's going on, except when they go back to ancient times and I die in sageuk speak.

From my limited Korean (with help from online dictionaries and translations), what I can glean from the previews is:

The video - DM gets mad and asks who exactly is BD. HJ replies that he's the type totally different from DM. SK mutters something about how BD (?) never said a word (doesn't make sense?). HJ said some expression again, and BD asks what that is (sorry, I can't catch it either... but I've heard her say it before). HJ says that BD is a busy person. SK complains what kind of business can he have, and HJ says things that concern life and death. That scene with the menu hmmm... I think it's either BD asking HJ how she is, or he's asking what are lovers supposed to do. HJ says he can just continue being embarrassed (shy in that totally blissful way) because she really likes it.

The written one - That which can kill people without lifting a hand is politics. HJ's sudden public declaration that BD is her boyfriend averted his crisis of nearly getting arrested by the cops. BD left HJ (I suppose he traveled back) before managing to convey his gratitude and apologetic heart towards her. That night, BD disguised himself as an assassin and bowed before King Sukjong.

------------------

^ Take what I say with a grain of salt because my Korean isn't that up to par! I won't be offended if someone corrects, so go ahead! :rolleyes:

And the written preview for Ep 8:

The moment that is coincidental or inevitable...!

HJ who meets BD at an unexpected moment, once again becomes surprised and filled with anticipation at BD's unexpected proposal (suggestion).

Meanwhile, the underlings of the one looking for BD who has escaped from his place of exile has a fateful encounter with BD in the stormy woods. They let fly their swords towards unprepared BD...!

*^ same grain of salt applied :P

What's with the second lead actress and her dirty looks? Why does she hate HJ? I just found it weird because HJ isn't even a famous actress and the second lead is consider the "nations angel" (or something like that) Does she secretly like DM or something and is pissed that he wants to get back together with HJ?

To be more precise, she's like the "nation's nymph/siren" and she did like DM in the past. The assumption is that DM liked HJ and dismissed her. Now that HJ, as a rookie actress, got such a meaty role and along with DM being so obvious with trying to woo HJ, it gives her more reason to dislike HJ. It's basically jealousy and an inferiority complex.

I just finished watching ep 6 and oh is it honky-dory! As some of you might know, I avoid spoilers like the plague, so if people would be so kind as to give a spoiler warning if you will be mentioning future episodes in your comment? I'd really appreciate it. ;) So happy more are discovering this wonderful drama. :D

This thread finally moves faster than before.. *happy*

btw.... mukyaaaaaaaaaaaa.... azuwaza unnie posting conversation... i love it.. OK..

Azuwaza unnie's hubby, i know you might be reading this.. haha.. u should get a soompi account bcoz now you are already a kdrama lover..hahaha

subtitle please come fast..why DSS give too little attention to this drama..? *sob sob sob*

i wanna help them but i dunno how to sub leyh...

Guest Iviih

@Newcomers: welcome to this thread! 

So happy more people are appearing and sharing their thoughts! laugh.gif

@Azuwaza163 so funny your story! You husband has good taste! Even Azuwaza's husband likes Boong Do! lol 

laugh.gif

@Kgrl: sorry if I was one of the people who posted spoilers without any warning... I'll comment next time using a yellow color or spoiler tag next time. wink.gif

@Angelflower: you are indeed an angel! Thanks for sharing the text preview! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest neeras

Hi Everyone,

Queen In Hyeon's Man Episode 3 to 5 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

3443v2g.jpg

Queen In Hyeon's Man Episode 3-5 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4563-queen-in-hyeons-man-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about

FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest Iviih

So about episode 6...

When BD appeared lying in the middle of the road and I saw the car coming crazy.gifcrazy.gif I got so worried.

huoh.jpg Because 

what if in the next episodes he comes back in another dangerous situation? On no, The traveler's wife's end coming to my mind again tears.gif

About BD stealing clothes plus money:

Well, he is doing it to survive, there is no other way... he was at jeju, far away from HJ, couldn't ask any help  from others and couldn't do anything.... and that woman, how stupid she is for leaving her bag like that? lol Also BD can't work since he goes back and forth all the time so he won't be able to find a work for him... or someone that hires him.

I kinda wish HJ and BD decide to pick a place in Seoul were HJ leaves/hides some clothes plus money for him, so when he goes back to Seoul all he needs to do is go to this place and don't steal anymore from other people. I don't know, like a locker or something like a secret place.... Most of times BD appears in Seoul right?

Some funny facts : BD always find clothes that are his size and on trend. Plus he cut his hair very well, lol guess he is indeed a genius and can do anything?biggrin.gif  He also was lucky to find a chinese guide book! tongue.gif

About BD changing

his death:

Well, if you think about it, is not like BD changed his history just because he wanted to, he believes the talisman was given to him for some purpose and that it is giving him a chance to change his own history/death. I also believe in this.  The talisman was given to him for him change some things/accomplish something. Be it avoid his own death or meeting Hee Jin, not sure, the only thing I know is that he was given a chance to not die and live... but what for, we have to wait and see.  

And I'm not sure, but the talisman just works if he knows he is in great danger? Because when he was in Jeju and the guy hurt him with the arrow, the talisman didn't work! So my question is, the talisman just works when BD knows he is in great danger? Because if he didn't dodge that second arrow he would die! Because the talisman didn't work at that time....

Well maybe I got something wrong because I still have to watch the episodes with english subtitles! So far I only watched the raws and read the recaps.

Guest didisalma

here we go!! I like the fast this thread goes

I realy like this drama, l adore his smile our heroin is cute too this couple makes me giggle all the time

Guest pb1212

does anyone know the background music they play sometimes in the drama?

it's sounds like a classical korean instrumental music. it sounds very sad and smoothing.

in http://aveoh.net/que...-man-episode-4/ , ep 4 part 3, around 01:30ish it starts to play till 02:15. 

If you are talking about when  he gets in the car at the park, it is on youtube "8eight Queen In-hyun's Man OST instrumental". I looked it up because it is so beautiful and they keep playing parts of it when the main pair interact. There is a version with lyrics "Another time, the Same Sky" Joo Hee (8eight). Sometimes I miss hearing the music because I am so busy trying to read the subs and also see the actors. But this I so lovely I couldn't miss it. (Probably helped that I watched it raw.)

Edit  : Oops, sorry, wrong song.

Guest Iviih

So, I found the english Lyrics of Queen In Hyun's Man OST part 3

Another time, the same sky by Joo Hee(8eight)

Instrumental

As I wait for you with nothing to do

My welled up tears are dyed with the sunset

You, who is waiting for me at the other side of time

Are rushing my heart again

Under the same sky, in a different time

Our sad love has tangled

I place my earnest heart in the moonlight

So I can shine brightly wherever you are

A person like you, I'm so thankful to you

My love can't be entirely expressed with just words

Though the rough times bruises and hurts me

You protected me in your embrace

Our sad love has tangled

I place my earnest heart in the moonlight

So I can touch you wherever you are

My love

This sad love can never be

I will become the moonlight in the dusk sky and shine on you

So you can find your way back to me

Credits: Pop!Gasa

The parts ''Our sad love has tangled'' and ''This sad love can never be'' means something about the future of our lovely couple? tears.gif

Ost Part 2 Young Jae (of 4men) - Really/Just Once (꼭 한번) English Lyrics:

Instrumental

I think of the first time I saw you

My heart hurts at the thought of never seeing you again

If I can turn back time and see you again

I'm sorry - I really want to tell you that

* Will we be able to meet once again really?

When will that come true, really?

As I walk along, in case I find traces of youI go out to the streets again today

I'm suffering to the point where I can't breathe

But I live with the heart of never being able to see you again

If time stops and allows me to see youI love you - I really want to tell you that

* Repeat

Where will you be tomorrow?

Aren't you looking for me too?

I really have to meet you

We really have to meet again

As I cry, in case you will be reflected in my tears

Again today, tears fall

Ost Part 1: Kim So Jung - You Have Come (그대가 왔죠) English Lyrics:

I guess my heart first knew from the moment I met you

Though I doubted this moment at first

At some point, without knowing, I have gone to you

When I softly open my two eyes,

The whole world is so beautiful

You have come like the dazzling sunlight

Holding a love that will make me get a rush

If someone says that this is a dream

I will cast a spell that will never wake me

You have come like everything is a dream

Through you, I have been born again

It feels like I'm walking on clouds

I want to have this feeling and be with you forever

Did you heart move as well from the moment you met me?

Don't doubt this moment even a little

This is love because you and I are smiling

Thank you - I'm happy because it's you

I hope that this love will never change

Love has come to me like a miracle

It poured down sweet rain on a dry land

In case I wake from this dream

I cast a spell that will never wake me

Love has come like everything is a dream

Through you, I have been born again

I won't be shaken and I love you

Just like now, I want to be with you forever

덕환/Deok Hwan - I'm Coming to See You (<-click to watch the video with english lyrics.)

Guest iamking

If you are talking about when  he gets in the car at the park, it is on youtube "8eight Queen In-hyun's Man OST instrumental". I looked it up because it is so beautiful and they keep playing parts of it when the main pair interact. There is a version with lyrics "Another time, the Same Sky" Joo Hee (8eight). Sometimes I miss hearing the music because I am so busy trying to read the subs and also see the actors. But this I so lovely I couldn't miss it. (Probably helped that I watched it raw.)

sounds like this is the song but the beginning part seems to be bit different from the one i mentioned. perhaps they played slight diff. vers. but otherwise this is the song!^^

thnxs for ur help^^wub.gif

Archived