• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Annyeong fellow FAITH lovers or should I day FAITHlings ?  

Wow, +4500 pages ! I joined Soompi in late 2013 right before HEIRS was aired so I wasn't around when FAITH was airing... how I wish I joined a year earlier. I missed the fun in this thread !  

I loved LMH in FAITH as well as his Joseon character in LOTBS. Hopefully, his next drama is a sageuk and will be loved as Faith drama. 

• Like 7

LMH should really do sageuk again. He is so dashing as Choi Young in Faith and Kim Dam Ryeong in LOTBS. 

Of course, he is also very handsome in modern drama e.g. Personal Taste, City Hunter and latest as JJH in LOTBS. How he sparkles in LOTBS.

Just love love love him

• Like 3

When I saw the Faith thread pop up twice under "Hot Topics", I wonder what is going on to resurrect this thread?  Has any read all 45oo+ pages?  I started to then it was too overwhelming, so I set it aside.  I read the threads for all his other dramas and the LMH thread.   I'll read it when LMH begins his MS.  This was the drama that began my addiction to LMH.  

I thought he is super hot in Faith, but as far as the drama goes it's low on my list of his dramas.  I hope to get a better appreciation of why y'all loved this drama so much.  I think a reason it is lower on my list is that he isn't on screen as much as I would like.  I loved LMH and KHS; I thought their chemistry on and OFF screen was just amazing.  They seemed to have so much fun in the BTS videos.  

@leeminhosnyChingu, I hope I didn't accidentally click report post at the top of this page.  it blinked, so I don't know if I clicked it or not.  if i did, it was unintentional.

• Like 7

@mythicalove

... and I miss him in this ...

JeA6CYn.gif

credit as tagged

Will you look at that beautiful bling bling crystal clear eyes (and pupils moving around) and the perfect fringe (HAHAHAHA). I take any opportunity to swoon at E9 Daejang, if you haven't noticed, LMAOOOO!
---

Although I still prefer modern shows to sageuk, and at first did not think LMH suited Joseon attire, but after Legend of the Blue Sea, I think he exploded with charisma when he's playing a duty officer. Dam Ryung in uniform and Daejang's normal Goryeo attire are jjiang. I'm not (yet) taken with the normal Joseon hanbok--could be because they put him in pink (?).

@CarolynH

I don't know if anyone had managed to read all 4500+ pages for the past 3 years. If someone did, that person deserve a BOBO from Daejang and Ki Chul! We'll even throw in Noodle and Dol Bae's. LOL!

@mythicalove - CarolynH asked a really good question, why did we love Faith so much?

This video made by Yuri has a compilation of what Faith had meant for them, and I think that sums up about what it meant to us too. In addition, we crossed path with many other friends in here and spent a large amount of time together, recapping Faith and curing our Faith withdrawal symptoms. It was a memorable time which became something quite special for me (us) even though we all have now moved on. I'll leave the rest for @mythicalove to add...

Unfortunately, the image hosting site Minus had died. A lot of pictures and HD gifs once uploaded and shared in this thread had been lost. We communicated a lot through using Faith pictures & GIFs because Faith characters are so animated. It might reduce the fun for some of you who are trying to backread the pages, but nonetheless, hope you enjoy the recaps anyway.

• Like 5

@CarolynH I maybe could have offered you a better answer a few years ago as to why we loved Faith so much. I could have written a whole essay even. I believe I did, somewhere hidden in this thread. But Faith was so long ago that I cannot recall most of the events that took place. I just know that no matter the time that has passed and no matter the dramas that came and gone, it remains as something special in my heart. Perhaps it was the complexity of the lonely and sad CY, who I deeply felt and rooted for. Perhaps it was the beauty in the way these two contrasting souls found each other and changed and grew together. Perhaps it was the dying CY who gradually learned the meaning of life and what it feels like to want to live. Perhaps it was the way ES hugs him and teases him, placing a flower on his hair, laughing and reminding him about the happiness in life. Perhaps it was the way she suddenly came into his life and melt away the ice cold barrier he'd been building and saved him. Perhaps it was the way he traced her shadow or the way she made his heart flutter simply by placing her head on his shoulder. Perhaps it was the sweet, subtle intimacy of their love that was deeply felt without much physical contact. Perhaps it was the way she turned his world upside down. Perhaps it was the way he waited for her, visiting their tree every day in hopes she may return. Whatever it was, they created something magical and everlasting, something that, search as I may, I have never found again in other dramas. Faith is by no means a perfect drama. No, it has many flaws. But imja and daejang made it special in every way. The imja couple is dear to my heart and LMH as Daejang is still my favorite LMH character. I'm just a sucker for characters with depth and layers. I look forward to the day LMH plays a character that replaces daejang in my heart. But let's be honest, it's probably never going to happen because daejang was the first and he's left such a deep and lasting impression.

But also, like @sia3 said, whenever I think back to Faith, not only do I remember the lovely imja couple but I recall the friendships that were built through them. We used to play in here so often, all united as Faithlings to discuss and share our love for this drama. We also grew to know each other and have remained friends since then. Faith was like a whole new world for me (us). It was the drama that was associated with my firsts. It was the first time I felt the need to go online and communicate with people who shared the same love towards a drama. It was the first time I made friends over a drama. It was the first time I fell deeply for a korean actor (lol). And so, as with any firsts, it's hard to forget and can never be replaced. 

And of course, the video Yuri created resonates with my love for Faith. Watching it surely makes me miss them.

--------------

Hahahaha, lol @sia3 I do love him in that hair. I recall swooning like crazy when he first appeared with that hair. Oh, how I miss LMH so so so much as daejang. 

Hehehe, and you know how much I love LMH in his officer attire as KDR. It makes me think, someone's got to, got to, put him in a drama that's fully Joseon so I can just admire him all day, everyday. Hahaha. 

• Like 6

@mythicalove

Hahaha yes to all the perhaps. I think it all comes down to Song Ji Na's:

(1) Writing

Her writing challenge our brains and keep forcing us to think. We all know it's killing our brain cells, but we sadistically enjoy and willingly let her kill our brain cells. She makes us question a lot of things she throws into the script.

(2) Characterization

Faith, is by far, very flawed and poor in terms of directing, editing, action, costume designs and visual quality etc. I'd say it's very, very bad. But then there's that Song Ji Na's magic where she introduce me to her Choi Young -- an uptight, but upright and always proper conservative man; a broken and quiet character who has very little words and speaks his emotions to me with his eyes. Yoo Eun Soo, whom she throws into his world to mess it all up was a LOT of fun to watch. I love seeing a flustered daejang in E6, and love seeing him gets teased by his Woodalchi. I love Song Ji Na for giving me a sageuk where the heroine is spunky, yes, she is physically incapable of protecting herself, but mentally, she is as strong as the men and she confronts fear head-on. She was written and presented in a way as an obstacle for Daejang, a Healer, a Lover, a conflict, a miracle, soul mate and many more. The imja couple face many tests, but it's not those typical K-drama gimmicks e.g. amnesia, third wheel, birth secret or noble idiocy. No makjang.

I also love that even though Song Ji Na did not have time to explore further on all the vast characters in Faith, she somehow managed to make most of them memorable and interesting. Ki Chul was a ridiculous villain, but so much parodies were made out of him by the Faith fans that makes him unforgettable. The side characters had little screen time, but they all possess colorful personalities and thus, stand out. I'd never forget Kim Mi Kyung's Lady Choi, the one & only who gets to abuse our Daejang. Yoon Sang Kyung is slowly becoming a male lead in his own dramas, but I'll forever remember him as the cute and dumb dumb Deok Man. Choong Suk, who disrupted the possible hot kiss imja couple nearly had in E21; Daeman, the puppy with explosive hair that follows daejang; Do Chi, the cheeky eunuch that helps Gongmin and Noguk make babies etc., etc.

--- back to zzzz. I had to throw this baby thought out of my head so that I can stop thinking and go back to zzz.

• Like 6

On 2/5/2017 at 10:30 AM, mythicalove said:

@sia3 wow, you said it so wonderfully and beautifully! I absolutely agree with everything you said! 

You don't get a bobo from Daejang but you get one from Globlin, since I know you love him. Lol. :D

LOLLL all that thinking and I get rewarded for a Goblin BOBO instead? It's Faith thread, to keep in topic, you will have to grant me at least Daejang's RS. :tongue:

• Like 3