Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

There is one very good review/commentary written by Jung Si Woo, a Film Columnist about Hyun Bin as an actor in romance dramas.

http://m.ize.co.kr/view.html?no=2020021716057218325

I provide here my translation of that commentary. 

———————————————————————-

A look at Hyun Bin - A man who is like a lie! 

(the phrase which I have translated as “lie” is 후라이 (hu rai) Pyo Chil Su’s pet phrase) 

Y9fw9pc.png

This winter of 2019, with the arrival of "Crash Landing on You", actor Hyun Bin created another life-like character - Comrade Ri Jung Hyuk!

The TV series did end in a little bit of an underwhelming sort of way.  The tension accumulated until the middle of the drama was loosely dismantled, and the tangled contradictions were resolved with a sense of absurdity but with ease.  Not to mention that the man and woman in love would meet only once a year for two weeks. The open ending of them meeting each other at the bridge in Switzerland is ambiguous - though it isn’t a complete reunion, it is also not considered a "tragedy".  Maybe the writer wants us to believe that this is the best choice that can be found out of the reality of two countries that are split, but because it was a bright ending, it was also a little colourlesss.  Besides, hasn't writer Park Ji-eun used a similar type of ending of "long-distance love" for “You Who Come from the Stars"? Nevertheless, the "Crash Landing on You” still fully embodies this truth: that the success of a romance drama depends entirely on the main characters.  While SYJ’s charm is also dazzling, but the person I want to talk about here is the actor Hyun Bin.

The genre that shows off Hyun Bin's greatest strength is romance.  In this field, he has already experienced two peak moments. For most actors, it is difficult to experience a peak moment even once in a lifetime.  But for Hyun Bin, he has already experienced it twice. This was the case with "My name is Kim Sam Soon" which awakened the love cells of women, and caused them to harbor the desire to be Jeon Ji Hyun, or Kim Tae Hee. The same is the case for The Secret Garden.  Now, once again, Hyun Bin has attracted the audience to enter into the "Hyun Bin World" through the tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” which ended on February 16.

You might ask why is that so amazing? Let me tell you IT IS REALLY AMAZING.  This is because this art of seduction which can capture an unspecified number of minds at all age groups with his beautiful look and charms, is not an ability given to all. This is an area that even Song Kang-ho or Choi Min-sik, who have great achievements in their own careers in acting, have not experienced. It's not that so and so is better than so and so.  I want to say that every actor has his own unique talent/charisma in his own field. Here, I am talking about the attributes of one Star who has the ability to become the object of desires and daydreaming to the masses through his romance dramas.

However, Hyun Bin is nicknamed the "king of melodramas" not simply because he had three powerful turning points through romance dramas.  The nickname stems from his various styles in the theme of love.  When Hyun Bin made his debut appearance in the melodrama “Ireland” as the bodyguard Kang Gook, he used his infectious voice to convey the emotional lines created by writer In Jeong Ok in such a way that left behind a long aftertaste, displaying a power much unlike a newcomer.  His wife (Lee Na Young) fell in love with another man, and instead of being angry, he said, "It seems that he is smarter than me, that guy. I seem to be a bit inadequate."  Kang Gook, the fool in love who forcefully concealed his pain and continued to love persistently and unchangingly, will go on to become one of the characteristics often captured in Hyun Bin's acting in the future.

FIuHwBN.jpg

In the series “My Name is Kim Sam-soon," he revealed the face of Prince Charming, and in "The World They Live” which was a work by writer Noh Hee-kyung, he landed in the real world and so realistically and vividly portrayed Jeong Ji-oh who was "always cool but often nasty” that people have the illusion that Jeong Ji-oh (Hyun Bin) was really a living person outside of the drama. Whenever there is an opportunity to express feelings, there are always actors who use their tears as a starting point to show their emotions. Among such actors, Hyun Bin's naturally easy, unexaggerated acting with the right degree of emotions is quite new; in a movie like “I am very happy", which shows the daily mundane life, his real value in acting really comes out with even more dazzling results.  He is never exaggerated when playing as a romantic character.  Even when playing a playboy character, he didn’t portray merely a swoonsome figure. In the movie of the same name, which remade director Lee Man-hee's "Late Autumn” of 1966, he breathed life into the character by infusing details into the “playboy” man, Hun, who was a “very compassionate, deeply-thoughtful” man and who gave off feels of loneliness and cuteness at the same time. Therefore, Hyun Bin is a man who, while being Prince Charming in the fantasy world, at the same time, he is also an ordinary man who lives somewhere around us in this world. Few actors can skillfully coordinate between these two extreme charms as the foundation of romance melodramas the way Hyun Bin does.

It is for this reason that Hyun Bin is regarded as the most suitable actor for a TV series like "Crash Landing on You", which took the "fantasy-love" of a North Korean military officer and a South Korean chaebol into South Korea's most sensitive "reality". "Crash Landing on You" is by Park Ji-Eun who has authored "You Who Come from the Stars" that tells the love story between an alien and a top actress and "Legend of the Blue Sea", a work inspired by the legend of the mermaid. There is also fantasy in “Crash Landing on You” and that is the truce line that cuts the north from the south.  The main background is set in North Korea, a place located on the other side of the Republic of Korea, that is physically near, but psychologically farther away than Argentina - an unknown land.  But this world is not like the completely fantasy world of "You Who Come from the Stars" and "Legend of the Blue Sea".  Those kinds of fantasy space allows unlimited imagination but in this fantasy world, you are playing in a space that actually exists; so the fantasy in “Crash Landing on You” is different in nature. "Crash Landing on You" needs to be both powered by fantasy and yet, rooted in reality.  This is why Hyun Bin, who has the ability to travel freely between the two worlds, is perfect for this work.

In a way, the Ri Jung Hyuk we see in "Crash Landing on You" is an embodiment of all the roles that Hyun Bin has shown so far.  When hiding his love inside a cold, indifferent facade, Ri Jung Hyuk is Samshik in "My Name is Kim Sam Soon"; when he doesn’t know how to shake off his love and finds himself desperately committed to his beloved woman like a fool, he is Kang Gook in "Ireland"; when he uses the power he has by virtue of his birthright to protect his love, he displays the 2nd generation chaebol Kim Joo Won in "The Secret Garden"; when he dreams of spending a trivial day with his love, he becomes Ji-Oh in “World Within Us”. All in all, he is a man who is romantic but not cringe-worthy, honest but not boring, calm and yet, deep. The typical frame of the drama, in which the man protects the woman, could have been too old-fashioned, but thanks to Hyun Bin, we have a man with the delicate sensibilities that Hyun Bin has given him - a man who  transcends magic and exists like a lie. 

The actor, Hyun Bin, who has carved out extraordinary records in the melodrama genre, doesn't seem to have any intention to just remain in the melodrama genre. With his on-screen moves in recent years as a readable hint, showing his choices of action, crime and historical genres, Hyun Bin has quietly expanded his scope. Although there is currently no work that has fully shown his own strength and competence in the way romance melodramas have shown of him, which is a problem he needs to solve, but his determination and his vision to not only be a handsome actor is clear.  Therefore, people are even more curious what action this man who is like a lie will show in the future.

Written by 

정시우 Jung Si-woo (Columnist, Film Journalist)

Please note that the original version in Korean shall prevail. My translation is only a translation for reference only.  

——————————————————————-

PS: I am eagerly awaiting his new movie, Bargaining. 

@willenette I just want to let you know that his agency has strongly refuted that he was holding her hands in that picture. There was an OSEN report that came out yesterday that reported this :

“Someone who is close to Hyun Bin said this to OSEN, “Hyun Bin is very distressed by these dating rumors that have cropped up time and again. It is understandable that many people, after seeing their great chemistry in the drama, want them to date in real life but the truth is, they were never lovers in the past and at present, they are also not lovers.”

My impression from what I have read in Korean is that the denial is categorical. So yes, I think that as fans of Hyun Bin, we should take at face value what has been stated to be his stand on this. They have not been dating and are presently not dating partners as well. I for one, won’t want to add to his “distress” at all. Like many, I had also thought they might be dating too and was also hoping that they are since they look so good together. But after reading the reports that have come out yesterday and the day before (I can’t remember if the hot news was over 2 days or just 1 day haha), I realized I was wrong. Also, we have his past practice of openly and coolly admitting to his relationships. So yes, there is no reason to go behind what has been stated. I will trust him and support all his choices. I want to remain a “career fan” that supports him in all his projects and not be overly concerned about his private life except when it is necessary to protect his reputation against malicious rumors :blush:

• Love 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi guys I’m literally new on this soompi, been trying how to this thing works, but OMG Hyun Bin, I’m a filipino/Spanish grow up in Australia, for some reason I don’t know why! I was really never into asian guys! BUTTT with great regrets For the past few months I was hooked with all these korean shows from Netflix they are all gorgeous boys, then Hyun Bin pop up, he appeared into my life that I no longer know how to get rid of him hahahahahaha :) 

Edited by Jade
  • Like 4
  • Love 4

15 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

There is one very good review/commentary written by Jung Si Woo, a Film Columnist about Hyun Bin as an actor in romance dramas.

http://m.ize.co.kr/view.html?no=2020021716057218325

I provide here my translation of that commentary. 

———————————————————————-

A look at Hyun Bin - A man who is like a lie! 

(the phrase which I have translated as “lie” is 후라이 (hu rai) Pyo Chil Su’s pet phrase)

This winter of 2019, with the arrival of "Crash Landing on You", actor Hyun Bin created another life-like character - Comrade Ri Jung Hyuk!

The TV series did end in a little bit of an underwhelming sort of way.  The tension accumulated until the middle of the drama was loosely dismantled, and the tangled contradictions were resolved with a sense of absurdity but with ease.  Not to mention that the man and woman in love would meet only once a year for two weeks. The open ending of them meeting each other at the bridge in Switzerland is ambiguous - though it isn’t a complete reunion, it is also not considered a "tragedy".  Maybe the writer wants us to believe that this is the best choice that can be found out of the reality of two countries that are split, but because it was a bright ending, it was also a little colourlesss.  Besides, hasn't writer Park Ji-eun used a similar type of ending of "long-distance love" for “You Who Come from the Stars"? Nevertheless, the "Crash Landing on You” still fully embodies this truth: that the success of a romance drama depends entirely on the main characters.  While SYJ’s charm is also dazzling, but the person I want to talk about here is the actor Hyun Bin.

The genre that shows off Hyun Bin's greatest strength is romance.  In this field, he has already experienced two peak moments. For most actors, it is difficult to experience a peak moment even once in a lifetime.  But for Hyun Bin, he has already experienced it twice. This was the case with "My name is Kim Sam Soon" which awakened the love cells of women, and caused them to harbor the desire to be Jeon Ji Hyun, or Kim Tae Hee. The same is the case for The Secret Garden.  Now, once again, Hyun Bin has attracted the audience to enter into the "Hyun Bin World" through the tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” which ended on February 16.

You might ask why is that so amazing? Let me tell you IT IS REALLY AMAZING.  This is because this art of seduction which can capture an unspecified number of minds at all age groups with his beautiful look and charms, is not an ability given to all. This is an area that even Song Kang-ho or Choi Min-sik, who have great achievements in their own careers in acting, have not experienced. It's not that so and so is better than so and so.  I want to say that every actor has his own unique talent/charisma in his own field. Here, I am talking about the attributes of one Star who has the ability to become the object of desires and daydreaming to the masses through his romance dramas.

However, Hyun Bin is nicknamed the "king of melodramas" not simply because he had three powerful turning points through romance dramas.  The nickname stems from his various styles in the theme of love.  When Hyun Bin made his debut appearance in the melodrama “Ireland” as the bodyguard Kang Gook, he used his infectious voice to convey the emotional lines created by writer In Jeong Ok in such a way that left behind a long aftertaste, displaying a power much unlike a newcomer.  His wife (Lee Na Young) fell in love with another man, and instead of being angry, he said, "It seems that he is smarter than me, that guy. I seem to be a bit inadequate."  Kang Gook, the fool in love who forcefully concealed his pain and continued to love persistently and unchangingly, will go on to become one of the characteristics often captured in Hyun Bin's acting in the future.

In the series “My Name is Kim Sam-soon," he revealed the face of Prince Charming, and in "The World They Live” which was a work by writer Noh Hee-kyung, he landed in the real world and so realistically and vividly portrayed Jeong Ji-oh who was "always cool but often nasty” that people have the illusion that Jeong Ji-oh (Hyun Bin) was really a living person outside of the drama. Whenever there is an opportunity to express feelings, there are always actors who use their tears as a starting point to show their emotions. Among such actors, Hyun Bin's naturally easy, unexaggerated acting with the right degree of emotions is quite new; in a movie like “I am very happy", which shows the daily mundane life, his real value in acting really comes out with even more dazzling results.  He is never exaggerated when playing as a romantic character.  Even when playing a playboy character, he didn’t portray merely a swoonsome figure. In the movie of the same name, which remade director Lee Man-hee's "Late Autumn” of 1966, he breathed life into the character by infusing details into the “playboy” man, Hun, who was a “very compassionate, deeply-thoughtful” man and who gave off feels of loneliness and cuteness at the same time. Therefore, Hyun Bin is a man who, while being Prince Charming in the fantasy world, at the same time, he is also an ordinary man who lives somewhere around us in this world. Few actors can skillfully coordinate between these two extreme charms as the foundation of romance melodramas the way Hyun Bin does.

It is for this reason that Hyun Bin is regarded as the most suitable actor for a TV series like "Crash Landing on You", which took the "fantasy-love" of a North Korean military officer and a South Korean chaebol into South Korea's most sensitive "reality". "Crash Landing on You" is by Park Ji-Eun who has authored "You Who Come from the Stars" that tells the love story between an alien and a top actress and "Legend of the Blue Sea", a work inspired by the legend of the mermaid. There is also fantasy in “Crash Landing on You” and that is the truce line that cuts the north from the south.  The main background is set in North Korea, a place located on the other side of the Republic of Korea, that is physically near, but psychologically farther away than Argentina - an unknown land.  But this world is not like the completely fantasy world of "You Who Come from the Stars" and "Legend of the Blue Sea".  Those kinds of fantasy space allows unlimited imagination but in this fantasy world, you are playing in a space that actually exists; so the fantasy in “Crash Landing on You” is different in nature. "Crash Landing on You" needs to be both powered by fantasy and yet, rooted in reality.  This is why Hyun Bin, who has the ability to travel freely between the two worlds, is perfect for this work.

In a way, the Ri Jung Hyuk we see in "Crash Landing on You" is an embodiment of all the roles that Hyun Bin has shown so far.  When hiding his love inside a cold, indifferent facade, Ri Jung Hyuk is Samshik in "My Name is Kim Sam Soon"; when he doesn’t know how to shake off his love and finds himself desperately committed to his beloved woman like a fool, he is Kang Gook in "Ireland"; when he uses the power he has by virtue of his birthright to protect his love, he displays the 2nd generation chaebol Kim Joo Won in "The Secret Garden"; when he dreams of spending a trivial day with his love, he becomes Ji-Oh in “World Within Us”. All in all, he is a man who is romantic but not cringe-worthy, honest but not boring, calm and yet, deep. The typical frame of the drama, in which the man protects the woman, could have been too old-fashioned, but thanks to Hyun Bin, we have a man with the delicate sensibilities that Hyun Bin has given him - a man who  transcends magic and exists like a lie. 

The actor, Hyun Bin, who has carved out extraordinary records in the melodrama genre, doesn't seem to have any intention to just remain in the melodrama genre. With his on-screen moves in recent years as a readable hint, showing his choices of action, crime and historical genres, Hyun Bin has quietly expanded his scope. Although there is currently no work that has fully shown his own strength and competence in the way romance melodramas have shown of him, which is a problem he needs to solve, but his determination and his vision to not only be a handsome actor is clear.  Therefore, people are even more curious what action this man who is like a lie will show in the future.

Written by 

정시우 Jung Si-woo (Columnist, Film Journalist)

Please note that the original version in Korean shall prevail. My translation is only a translation for reference only.  

——————————————————————-

PS: I am eagerly awaiting his new movie, Bargaining. 

@willenette I just want to let you know that his agency has strongly refuted that he was holding her hands in that picture. There was an OSEN report that came out yesterday that reported this :

“Someone who is close to Hyun Bin said this to OSEN, “Hyun Bin is very distressed by these dating rumors that have cropped up time and again. It is understandable that many people, after seeing their great chemistry in the drama, want them to date in real life but the truth is, they were never lovers in the past and at present, they are also not lovers.”

My impression from what I have read in Korean is that the denial is categorical. So yes, I think that as fans of Hyun Bin, we should take at face value what has been stated to be his stand on this. They have not been dating and are presently not dating partners as well. I for one, won’t want to add to his “distress” at all. Like many, I had also thought they might be dating too and was also hoping that they are since they look so good together. But after reading the reports that have come out yesterday and the day before (I can’t remember if the hot news was over 2 days or just 1 day haha), I realized I was wrong. Also, we have his past practice of openly and coolly admitting to his relationships. So yes, there is no reason to go behind what has been stated. I will trust him and support all his choices. I want to remain a “career fan” that supports him in all his projects and not be overly concerned about his private life except when it is necessary to protect his reputation against malicious rumors :blush:

Hi KimSooHanMoo, thanks for sharing this article. About the upcoming movie, "Bargaining", I hope we could get to hear MORE updates on this project. About the holding hands, I also posted here what his Agency's side & I also posted what my take on this. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

*** "Crash Landing on You" is once again triumphant in regards to the Good Data Report, leading in all metrics for its fifth straight week. Both leads also extended their reign atop the performer's chart to a commanding ten week presence. The data for this Good Data Report was collected between February tenth and sixteenth. It measured Internet searches, blog posts, and social media, among other metrics, as they pertained to the currently airing twenty-four primetime dramas and their performers. :lol:

cr-Hancinema

*** The OST also top the Gaon Weekly charts............ :blush:

• Love 1

8 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@willenette from the photo here i copied to see what we're talking about :

if we look closely on HB's suit and it's clear that it was his hand!

Anyway, i'm still not sure what to think of when we often hear/heard some celebs dating & what-not and at first they or their agencies will come out denying it, my take on this is - not specifically HB and SYJ - two ppl are unattached, both single, both famous and so on, what's wrong if it's true? If it's not true, then ok let's give them space and not interfere further however, if it's true (again let's say we're not talking about them) in general, I think this news wld be well accepted by their fans and I for one would be so happy for them! Furthermore, if HB and SY are really just friends and not lovers, if i'm just thinking why not? If i were HB or SY i'd be attracted to him or her :) unless one of them are already seeing someone! The latter would be a more solid answer in all this!

I'm sorry, but I still ship them in real life :) Love both of them!

I am afraid that I have to speak up against this in this Hyun Bin’s Thread. If you still want to talk about the picture or about them, please do so in the Shipper Forum, but please, not here. His agency and his close friend have issued very STRONG statements refuting not only that his hand was holding hers in that picture but also that they are dating or have ever been dating partners in the past as well. VAST also said that both are professional actors and they would not do something that is considered to be unprofessional while filming, even if they were dating which, is not the case. In any event, if it was true that he was holding her hand under the table, do you think this would have been released as BTS by tvN?! 

The strong denials have been given repeatedly already. When the drama was still airing, I agree that our refusal to take the strong denials at face value can be excused because we all did not discount the possibility that they might have denied coz drama was still airing and they surely didn’t want the rumors to overshadow their drama. But, the latest denials and strong statements from Hyun Bin’s agency and close aide came after the drama has ended and in the background of the public in SK loving them and wanting them to be a real couple. This speaks volumes to me. His agency could have chosen to just speak up against the picture and leave it vague about the other rumor but instead, they chose to address the dating rumor head-on and very specifically as well. With those statements, majority of Knetz have already accepted that the rumors are not true. If you read Korean, you’d realize the impact of it. The statements have even caused some knetizens to voice their unhappiness over the unhealthy speculation coz it is giving a death knell to the possibility of them being a couple in the future (many Knetz actually want this). So yes, since we love them, we should just stop talking about that picture. I won’t dictate what you should or should not do in the shipper forum. But in this Hyun Bin-only forum, please respect him and his fans’ wish to respect him by respecting his privacy and believing what he has said. Please don’t post any shipping related stuffs here. 

As for the grocery picture, VAST has also once again said they were not alone and had other friends with them at that time. So yes, we should not speculate any further. His private life is none of our business. It is important that we respect his privacy and stop speculating about things that he has already spoken up against. 

I will also share some information- though I am not in a position to tell how the information correlate to the grocery pics because I do not know the facts, the information might at least give us some idea as to what might have been the background behind the grocery pics.

1. Lee Jung Suk, the Director of Negotiation lives in the US.

2. Park Ji Eun, the Writer of Crash Landing on You lives in the US.

3. There was an article recently released that talked about the time duration needed to engage Hallyu stars like Hyun Bin, Gong Yoo, Ha Jung Woo etc etc in projects - that they typically have to book them very early on - sometimes as long as 3 years in advance. These top stars will look at many factors such as the script and even the supporting cast etc etc. Therefore, casting them takes time because they need to match their schedule and their co-cast schedule and other support casts’ schedules and so forth. 

4. Many Korean celebrities have houses in the US.

Given the info shared above, it is possible that the friends with them are the Director of Nego or the Writer of CLoY. There is no reason to doubt the statement of VAST.

When the LA pics were posted, his agency said that he was in the US for business. Again, with the info above, he could really have been in the US to discuss about CLoY script or about the possibility of taking part in this project. Again, there is no reason to speculate that his agency wasn’t telling the truth.

I hope we all stop talking and speculating about that picture. It has caused enough harm as it is already. 

I also want to sincerely apologize for my previous posts in the shipper thread. Many continue to like my posts and I am reminded of my folly everytime a like crops up in my email notification. I shouldn’t have participated in all of these speculations and I do regret having done so. 

7 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi KimSooHanMoo, thanks for sharing this article. About the upcoming movie, "Bargaining", I hope we could get to hear MORE updates on this project. About the holding hands, I also posted here what his Agency's side & I also posted what my take on this. :lol:

Re Bargaining, I am not sure if I have already shared about this, but will share again. Bargaining is a movie based on the true story that happened in 2007 when 23 South Korean Christian missionaries were held hostage by the Taliban in Afghanistan. Hyun Bin will play as a NIS agent and Hwang Jeong Min will play as a diplomat and together the duo will help to negotiate for the release of the hostages who were alive (a few were killed before the release). Movie is directed by Yim Soon Rye, the Director of Korean movie Little Forest and produced by Watermelon Pictures. The movie schedule shows its likely release date to be in September. As Hwang Jeong Min has already confirmed acting in JTBC’s upcoming drama 허쉬 which is scheduled to be aired in the second half of this year, I expect that shooting for the movie will start very soon.

Will post any updates that I see.

• Like 2

I am just a new fan of Hyun Bin and all I can say is that he has this unique style in acting. It was unique and refreshing. (I have a habit of observing someone's acting skills while watching a drama or movie so yeah.) I started watching him in CLOY when it only has 4 episodes aired but I've seen his Hyde, Jekyll, Me series last year and found that he's really good. (Well, aside from his extremely good looks coz that's a given already. Duh, it's Hyun Bin. :sweatingbullets:) I'm watching his recent movies and man, I'd love to be conned by him. :joy: Quite sad that even though I know him for a very long time since I'm a long time fan of kdramas and k movies, it's only recently that I became interested with his works. I wish I knew him sooner but I am into watching his previous works right now so I could keep up. Not watching his series though as I'm still in condolence period from CLOY. :tears:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Director Bong Jun Ho and cast of Parasite were invited to a pre-summit meeting with President Moon and the First Lady at the Blue House. First Lady said she recognized Park Myeong Hun (Seo Dan’s uncle) in Crash Landing on You because of his eyes. Then she apologized for mentioning Crash Landing on You giving the excuse that she watched it because of the Inter-Korean theme. President Moon then interjected, “it’s because of Hyun Bin” :D:D:D

Well, apparently she’s known to be quite a fan of Hyun Bin haha..Ex President Park was also an ardent fan if I am not wrong.

@stephiora Most of Hyun Bin’s long time fans have remained as fans (I am one of them) without being affected by his real life relationships. (Am not inclined towards shipping coz I am a happily married woman. Don’t see any point in investing in other people’s relationships haha) 

Fans of Hyun Bin are free to ship him with anyone they fancy including with themselves :lol::lol::lol: But please bear in mind that this is a Hyun Bin-only forum, a common forum for all of Hyun Bin’s fans, whether “Hyun Bin-me” fans, “Hyun Bin- only” fans or “Hyun Bin - xxx” fans. However, I think most fans of Actors are not shipper-inclined, from

my own experience and from being in actors’ fandoms haha..Since this is a Hyun Bin platform, please keep it as a Hyun Bin-only platform, because Hyun Bin’s fans who are Binjin, BinKyo, BinShin, SeGa inclined - all have their separate Soompi platforms to share about  their happiness with likeminded fans. So yes, please respect other participants in this Hyun Bin-only Soompi thread. There are good reasons why Soompi has got Actor/Actress-only forums, specific dramas’ forums and shipping paradise forums. Previously, shipper fans posting about shipping stuffs in SYJ’s Soompi forum had been ticked off by Soompi admin. I believe some of the participants here might also have had a similar experience. Please observe Soompi’s rules and don’t make the same mistake here. 

Re watching his movies, I highly recommend Confidential Assignment, Fatal Encounter, The Swindlers and Late Autumn. My favorite movies of his are Confidential Assignment, Fatal Encounter, The Swindlers, and Late Autumn - in that order haha. I love I Am Happy too but I wouldn’t recommend it coz the theme is not easy to digest.  For drama series, unlike most of his fans, my favorite is actually Friends Our Legend. I really love love Dong Soo in there coz he wrenches my heart and shreds it into pieces every time I think of him :bawling::bawling::bawling:

A bit about me as a Hyun Bin fan - my first love is Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin in Secret Garden). I have since backwatched and followed all of his projects. It was for this reason that I chased Memories of the Alhambra live - in the same way I chased Crash Landing on You live but I did that together with his Chinese fans and my bunch of drama fans friends. It was Memories of the Alhambra that brought me back as an active fan once again coz it made me realize how much I love seeing him on the small screen. When you have gotten over CLoY, please do watch that drama. His acting in there was so so good - a lot of the scenes were acted out of his own imagination as the drama requires a lot of CGI and post shooting editing. His acting was so good that he got nominated for Baeksang last year though he didn’t win an award because the competition last year was just too stiff.

Am looking forward to all of your posts about Hyun Bin here.:blush:

• Like 3

@KimSooHanMoo first of sorry for wrong posting here, didn't realize that my comment s/b posted in shipper's thread I'm willing to delete it and maybe no longer post here for HB and just be a silent lurker much as I wanted to share a lot about him such as photos, articles. It's hard to keep up with a lot of do's & dont's that it's hard to be on our toes! I only thot of responding to my chingu willenette and for one thing i didn't even know he's got his own thread until @willenette mentioned this to me not too long ago! So again apologies & TBH i didn't want to cause any ruckus here at all, I was simply expressing my fondness for HB and don't wish to harm anybody or offend anyone for HB and my other fave actress Son ye jin!

• Sad 1

On 2/19/2020 at 3:48 AM, hibiscus23 said:

@willenette you're welcome chingu! woah those photos are to 'sigh sigh' for hahaha love these two soooo much! they're match made in heaven! woah need we say more??? thx for those cute photos too, i wonder those were not part of CLOY drama maybe just for stills after they finished the drama right? the photos are super for POSTERS!!!:blush:

Here's our HB singing in SG ost - love love his voice, it's soothing N sexy :wub: and one from MOA fan meeting

What????? He can sing too?????

Guys literally How can I get over him now????? Hahahahahha

all my social media feeds Hyun Bin pops up! and I just goes! Ok no more I've suffered enough! 

Arrggh! His just inside my heart now :) :) :) His like a light the it doesn't switch off lmao! 

• LOL 1

9 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

Director Bong Jun Ho and cast of Parasite were invited to a pre-summit meeting with President Moon and the First Lady at the Blue House. First Lady said she recognized Park Myeong Hun (Seo Dan’s uncle) in Crash Landing on You because of his eyes. Then she apologized for mentioning Crash Landing on You giving the excuse that she watched it because of the Inter-Korean theme. President Moon then interjected, “it’s because of Hyun Bin” :D:D:D

Well, apparently she’s known to be quite a fan of Hyun Bin haha..Ex President Park was also an ardent fan if I am not wrong.

@stephiora Most of Hyun Bin’s long time fans have remained as fans (I am one of them) without being affected by his real life relationships. (Am not inclined towards shipping coz I am a happily married woman. Don’t see any point in investing in other people’s relationships haha) 

Fans of Hyun Bin are free to ship him with anyone they fancy including with themselves :lol::lol::lol: But please bear in mind that this is a Hyun Bin-only forum, a common forum for all of Hyun Bin’s fans, whether “Hyun Bin-me” fans, “Hyun Bin- only” fans or “Hyun Bin - xxx” fans. However, I think most fans of Actors are not shipper-inclined, from

my own experience and from being in actors’ fandoms haha..Since this is a Hyun Bin platform, please keep it as a Hyun Bin-only platform, because Hyun Bin’s fans who are Binjin, BinKyo, BinShin, SeGa inclined - all have their separate Soompi platforms to share about  their happiness with likeminded fans. So yes, please respect other participants in this Hyun Bin-only Soompi thread. There are good reasons why Soompi has got Actor/Actress-only forums, specific dramas’ forums and shipping paradise forums. Previously, shipper fans posting about shipping stuffs in SYJ’s Soompi forum had been ticked off by Soompi admin. I believe some of the participants here might also have had a similar experience. Please observe Soompi’s rules and don’t make the same mistake here. 

Re watching his movies, I highly recommend Confidential Assignment, Fatal Encounter, The Swindlers and Late Autumn. My favorite movies of his are Confidential Assignment, Fatal Encounter, The Swindlers, and Late Autumn - in that order haha. I love I Am Happy too but I wouldn’t recommend it coz the theme is not easy to digest.  For drama series, unlike most of his fans, my favorite is actually Friends Our Legend. I really love love Dong Soo in there coz he wrenches my heart and shreds it into pieces every time I think of him :bawling::bawling::bawling:

A bit about me as a Hyun Bin fan - my first love is Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin in Secret Garden). I have since backwatched and followed all of his projects. It was for this reason that I chased Memories of the Alhambra live - in the same way I chased Crash Landing on You live but I did that together with his Chinese fans and my bunch of drama fans friends. It was Memories of the Alhambra that brought me back as an active fan once again coz it made me realize how much I love seeing him on the small screen. When you have gotten over CLoY, please do watch that drama. His acting in there was so so good - a lot of the scenes were acted out of his own imagination as the drama requires a lot of CGI and post shooting editing. His acting was so good that he got nominated for Baeksang last year though he didn’t win an award because the competition last year was just too stiff.

Am looking forward to all of your posts about Hyun Bin here.:blush:

Oohh babe! I totally feel you were in the same boat lol. :) 

15 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

I am afraid that I have to speak up against this in this Hyun Bin’s Thread. If you still want to talk about the picture or about them, please do so in the Shipper Forum, but please, not here. His agency and his close friend have issued very STRONG statements refuting not only that his hand was holding hers in that picture but also that they are dating or have ever been dating partners in the past as well. VAST also said that both are professional actors and they would not do something that is considered to be unprofessional while filming, even if they were dating which, is not the case. In any event, if it was true that he was holding her hand under the table, do you think this would have been released as BTS by tvN?! 

The strong denials have been given repeatedly already. When the drama was still airing, I agree that our refusal to take the strong denials at face value can be excused because we all did not discount the possibility that they might have denied coz drama was still airing and they surely didn’t want the rumors to overshadow their drama. But, the latest denials and strong statements from Hyun Bin’s agency and close aide came after the drama has ended and in the background of the public in SK loving them and wanting them to be a real couple. This speaks volumes to me. His agency could have chosen to just speak up against the picture and leave it vague about the other rumor but instead, they chose to address the dating rumor head-on and very specifically as well. With those statements, majority of Knetz have already accepted that the rumors are not true. If you read Korean, you’d realize the impact of it. The statements have even caused some knetizens to voice their unhappiness over the unhealthy speculation coz it is giving a death knell to the possibility of them being a couple in the future (many Knetz actually want this). So yes, since we love them, we should just stop talking about that picture. I won’t dictate what you should or should not do in the shipper forum. But in this Hyun Bin-only forum, please respect him and his fans’ wish to respect him by respecting his privacy and believing what he has said. Please don’t post any shipping related stuffs here. 

As for the grocery picture, VAST has also once again said they were not alone and had other friends with them at that time. So yes, we should not speculate any further. His private life is none of our business. It is important that we respect his privacy and stop speculating about things that he has already spoken up against. 

I will also share some information- though I am not in a position to tell how the information correlate to the grocery pics because I do not know the facts, the information might at least give us some idea as to what might have been the background behind the grocery pics.

1. Lee Jung Suk, the Director of Negotiation lives in the US.

2. Park Ji Eun, the Writer of Crash Landing on You lives in the US.

3. There was an article recently released that talked about the time duration needed to engage Hallyu stars like Hyun Bin, Gong Yoo, Ha Jung Woo etc etc in projects - that they typically have to book them very early on - sometimes as long as 3 years in advance. These top stars will look at many factors such as the script and even the supporting cast etc etc. Therefore, casting them takes time because they need to match their schedule and their co-cast schedule and other support casts’ schedules and so forth. 

4. Many Korean celebrities have houses in the US.

Given the info shared above, it is possible that the friends with them are the Director of Nego or the Writer of CLoY. There is no reason to doubt the statement of VAST.

When the LA pics were posted, his agency said that he was in the US for business. Again, with the info above, he could really have been in the US to discuss about CLoY script or about the possibility of taking part in this project. Again, there is no reason to speculate that his agency wasn’t telling the truth.

I hope we all stop talking and speculating about that picture. It has caused enough harm as it is already. 

I also want to sincerely apologize for my previous posts in the shipper thread. Many continue to like my posts and I am reminded of my folly everytime a like crops up in my email notification. I shouldn’t have participated in all of these speculations and I do regret having done so. 

Re Bargaining, I am not sure if I have already shared about this, but will share again. Bargaining is a movie based on the true story that happened in 2007 when 23 South Korean Christian missionaries were held hostage by the Taliban in Afghanistan. Hyun Bin will play as a NIS agent and Hwang Jeong Min will play as a diplomat and together the duo will help to negotiate for the release of the hostages who were alive (a few were killed before the release). Movie is directed by Yim Soon Rye, the Director of Korean movie Little Forest and produced by Watermelon Pictures. The movie schedule shows its likely release date to be in September. As Hwang Jeong Min has already confirmed acting in JTBC’s upcoming drama 허쉬 which is scheduled to be aired in the second half of this year, I expect that shooting for the movie will start very soon.

Will post any updates that I see.

I know about the movie, what I said in my earlier post was this : I hope to hear MORE news about it.

11 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@KimSooHanMoo first of sorry for wrong posting here, didn't realize that my comment s/b posted in shipper's thread I'm willing to delete it and maybe no longer post here for HB and just be a silent lurker much as I wanted to share a lot about him such as photos, articles. It's hard to keep up with a lot of do's & dont's that it's hard to be on our toes! I only thot of responding to my chingu willenette and for one thing i didn't even know he's got his own thread until @willenette mentioned this to me not too long ago! So again apologies & TBH i didn't want to cause any ruckus here at all, I was simply expressing my fondness for HB and don't wish to harm anybody or offend anyone for HB and my other fave actress Son ye jin!

Hi hibiscus, I don't think you owe anybody here an apology, dear. So, you're free to express your own opinion here. Please keep them coming............. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

*** This drama has good use of foreign location shooting. I love the Switzerland scenes.  These locations were identified in the last episode of the drama. Though the overall role of Switzerland in the drama is minor, its popularity has caused a spike of interest in tourism relative to the region. :lol:

photo1155689.jpg

photo1155690.jpg

Pictures credit : Hancinema

• Like 1

Thank you Hyun bin - :) for stirring up the Romance in K-Drama again after the big Wave long time since 

Secret Garden ! Well done, and I seriously think you have won more new fans even the younger ones.

I believe you have made your mark on the Korean drama scene again this time. 

guess most people who fall in love in you this time will dig up all your older dramas.

Someone had mentioned, Hyun Bin has aged beautifully as Wine. He is very matured now as compared to the younger days.

I like all his shows, each had its own uniqueness and allowed him to exhibit his strength in showbiz.

I wish he will take on more roles in dramas and movies so we , fans will have more chance to see him on 

big or small screens. Of Course I hope he will find his Love soon too.

we all want him to have a balance life (a good family life ) too.. 

I respect his privacy on this.. since I know he had always been very reserve on his Private life.

Message to Mr Kim (HB) , must rest well too and take good care of your health so that we , fans will get to 

see your show more often. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wintertimes said:

Thank you Hyun bin - :) for stirring up the Romance in K-Drama again after the big Wave long time since 

Secret Garden ! Well done, and I seriously think you have won more new fans even the younger ones.

I believe you have made your mark on the Korean drama scene again this time. 

guess most people who fall in love in you this time will dig up all your older dramas.

Someone had mentioned, Hyun Bin has aged beautifully as Wine. He is very matured now as compared to the younger days.

I like all his shows, each had its own uniqueness and allowed him to exhibit his strength in showbiz.

I wish he will take on more roles in dramas and movies so we , fans will have more chance to see him on 

big or small screens. Of Course I hope he will find his Love soon too.

we all want him to have a balance life (a good family life ) too.. 

I respect his privacy on this.. since I know he had always been very reserve on his Private life.

Message to Mr Kim (HB) , must rest well too and take good care of your health so that we , fans will get to 

see your show more often. :)

Hi wintertimes, with 1.75 billion online views "Crash Landing on You" has broken record for online clip views. The news was released yesterday, February 20th, with the relevant analysis taking clips from Naver, Kakao, YouTube, and other relevant online platforms.  The analysis was conducted until February 17th, the day after the last episode for the drama. This is unusual for a drama to be popular with clips online compared to variety shows. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 3