Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

It looks like Choi Ji Woo is capable of generating cable ratings that make the series appear as if it was on network tv! I remember when 2% was considere very good for cable. The power of the Princess to rewrite the rulebook...;)

• Like 8

September 24, 2015

Kang Dong-won and Won Bin on cable soon?

Source: Nate via Hancinema.net

photo637348.jpg

Kim Hye-soo, Choi Ji-woo, Cha Seung-won, Park Bo-yeong and other actors and actresses who seem far from cable are slowly turning this way. It's almost as if we might see Kang Dong-won and Won Bin on cable soon.

Park Bo-yeong started cable with the tvN drama "Oh My Ghostess". The bigger issue than the fact that she was co-starring with Jo Jeong-seok, was the fact that she was actually appearing on cable.

Choi Ji-woo is currently in the drama "Twenty Again" as college student Ha No-ra. "Suspicious Housekeeper" had a lot to do with her decision to star in "Twenty Again". Lee Sang-yoon is her co-star and he reunites with "My Daughter Seo-yeong" writer So Hyeon-kyeong.

While Park Bo-yeong and Choi Ji-woo are on a roll, Jeong Ryeo-won and Kim Hye-soo are next. Jeong is coming back with a drama called "Bubble Gum" and Kim with "Signal" this coming January.

Actors are also showing movement. Lee Seo-jin and Cha Seung-won were cast by Na Young-seok, the producer for "Three Meals A Day" which also featured guests like Choi Ji-woo, Park Shin-hye, Lee Seon-gyoon, Ji Seong and more.

After the success of "Incomplete Life" last year, OCN drama "Bad Guys" came along with a manly story like never before. Park Hae-jin stars in the new tvN drama "Cheese in the Trap" as Yoo Jeong.

Next year comes OCN drama "Neighborhood Hero" starring Park Si-hoo. He plays a secret agent named Baek Si-yoon. Other casts include Yoon Tae-yeong, Jo Seong-ha, Lee Soo-hyeok and others.

Cable TV is favored by stars for its various attempts at something new and a better working environment. Coming after Chuseok is "Answer Me 1988", the rookie maker and other line ups.

• Like 7

I hope the PD team is happy that they got Choi Ji Woo for the role of Ha No Ra instead of Go Hyun Jung. You Go Girl !! 

I'm also glad too that Choi Ji Woo got the role. though I'm also a fan of Ko Hyun Jung, I personally think that this role wouldn't suit her.

• Like 4

I hope the PD team is happy that they got Choi Ji Woo for the role of Ha No Ra instead of Go Hyun Jung. You Go Girl !! 

I'm also glad too that Choi Ji Woo got the role. though I'm also a fan of Ko Hyun Jung, I personally think that this role wouldn't suit her.

I agree !! Go Hyung Jung is also a good actress but JW has the personality for Ha No Ra .. 

• Like 5

Our princess drama is just 4 more episode..honestly I really like her roles in Second Time Twenty Years Old drama ..it suits her very much..and her apperance just alike her in real life..her acting was superb and her chemistry with LSY also superb..our princess able to create chemisty well with all her co star 

After this drama, she must be very busy with her film happy facebook..all the best for our princess, just hoping she will get married soon ..no matter who is her future husband..the most important she is happy with someone who love her so much...

Our princess drama is just 4 more episode..honestly I really like her roles in Second Time Twenty Years Old drama ..it suits her very much..and her apperance just alike her in real life..her acting was superb and her chemistry with LSY also superb..our princess able to create chemisty well with all her co star 

After this drama, she must be very busy with her film happy facebook..all the best for our princess, just hoping she will get married soon ..no matter who is her future husband..the most important she is happy with someone who love her so much...

I agree with you but in her  latest interview she said she's not in hurry.

• Like 2

hopefully she wont take it too long to go public her relationship with someone if she really has someone.. hopefully someone that we all wish for...and all her fans know who is that man..

I do some checking on the ages of all the stars in STTYO...our princess is the oldest..believe it or not YY and YJ are 7 years younger than our princess..that means they are younger a year than CHS...I thought both of them older than our princess...salute to our HNR because she is ageless..but as CHS had said age isnt important..our CJW looked stunning and beautiful as always although she is 40 now...

SAME. I think a lot of people think the same thing. She's the perfect Ha Nora. I'm a little biased, but I just can't imagine anyone else playing this role. It's my favorite role she's ever played. She's just too darn adorable and endearing. I also notice that whenever JW cries, I start crying too lol. She's the only Korean actress who has that effect on me.

I do some checking on the ages of all the stars in STTYO...our princess is the oldest..believe it or not YY and YJ are 7 years younger than our princess..that means they are younger a year than CHS...I thought both of them older than our princess...salute to our HNR because she is ageless..but as CHS had said age isnt important..our CJW looked stunning and beautiful as always although she is 40 now...

LOL I did the same thing before and was also surprised that YY and YJ are younger than her. 

Have you guys listened to girlfriday and javabeans' podcast? They were going on and on about how awesome JW looks for her age. lol

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/dramabeans-podcast-30/

• Like 3

Hello to everyone here. Its been 9 years since my last post in this thread LOL. I created my soompi account because of CJW. The only drama that i have a hard copy is stairway to heaven. I can say that in korean drama, choi ji woo is my first love:wub:  i am just so happy with all her current success. She is perfectly portraying the character of ha no ra. I am currenly watching her series temptation, watching my original OTP. I just hope she will find the man of her dreams. I always wish for her happiness, she is beautiful inside and out. As they always say it, first love never dies so CJW will always be one actress that i will never forget:wub: sad that sttyo will end next week. She is just so amazing, she never aged:)

• Like 9

hopefully she wont take it too long to go public her relationship with someone if she really has someone.. hopefully someone that we all wish for...and all her fans know who is that man..

who knows CJW fated to be?  as far I know she said in her interview  while ago she wont go public in her relationship.

LSY was fated to be CJW's first love in AIR CITY and STTYO .

I agree with  you CJW's beauty never did change she's still pretty at her age.

• Like 3

October 12, 2015

Korean actresses opting for cable channels

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20151012

Park Bo-young, Choi Ji-woo, Kim Hye-soo and Go Hyun-jung (from the left) (OSEN)

A-list actresses including Park Bo-young, Choi Ji-woo, Kim Hye-soo and Go Hyun-jung have recently opted for cable channels in the Korean entertainment scene. 

After playing a leading role in tvN drama “Oh My Ghostess,“ Park Bo-young earned the nickname “Bovely.” Not only did she lead the success of the drama, but she also expanded her career into cable TV.

Choi Ji-woo is now starring in tvN drama “Twenty Again” as a lead character, gathering a decent viewership. Since this is Choi’s first cable TV appearance -- apart from as a guest in a variety show program -- the soap has stoked curiosity and drawn viewers. In the show, she plays a 38-year-old mom who enters college again to recapture her youth. Left with only two more episodes, the drama has become a stepping stone for Choi to open up more ground to show her acting chops. 

Next in line is Kim Hye-soo, who recently landed a leading role in tvN’s upcoming drama “Signal.” This is her cable TV debut and also her return to the small screen after a hiatus of three years following her last appearance on KBS drama “Queen of the Office.”

Her agency, Hodu Entertainment, noted there was no reason not to accept the offer. “We had trust both in the director and the writer, and also the scenario was very interesting,” said Kim. Kim will play the role of a detective who attempts to dig out unsolved criminal cases. 

Last but not least, Go Hyun-jung will appear in a tvN drama with a title yet to be confirmed. This will also be her first time ever appearing in a cable TV drama and her return to the small screen since her last appearance in MBC TV drama “The Queen’s Classroom” in 2013. The TV drama to be released in spring 2016 will be written by sought-after screenwriter Noh Hee-kyung.

Famous for her work “It’s Okay, That’s Love,” “That Winter, the Wind Blows” and “The World That They Live In,” Noh is expected to become a hit maker once again with Go on the roster, according to industry observers. 

The drama production team said, “Top stars are drawn into opportunities to work for the cable network where they have less restrictions and more freedom to choose better quality work.”

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3