[Drama 2012] A Gentleman's Dignity 신사의 품격

Admin

Guest tainocchi

I just take it as it's part of the writer's sense of humor to remind us about SeGa. Actually, I'm a little worried it would be similar because I dont want it to be.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest simple_mindcd

I don't think these have been shared yet. If so, forgive me for the double post.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Source: SBS

thank  you, :wub:

i think that from official site then i click the link you give of the source, oh no they still not open the site yet...:sweatingbullets:

Guest simple_mindcd

hi! i'm anticipating this drama, the trailer is fun, this is a rom-com right!?

yes rom-com, can't wait to laugh :lol:

Guest simple_mindcd

This is the Official Site Of Gentleman's Dignity. However, it's still rather bare.

its so bare, i even can't open other menu except gallery with only that 2 photos and i think they need to fix the schedule on header coz they wrote it wrong, as we know AGD air on May 26 but that header said May 20, LOL

Guest simple_mindcd

Why is Jang Dong Gun smiling when Kim Soo Ro grabs him by collar?

12698_16339_72.jpg

Recently, Kim Soo Ro was spotted grabbing Jang Dong Gun by his collar in Gentleman’s Dignity.

In the first episode of the series Gentleman’s Dignity that  will broadcast on May 26, Jang Dong Gun and Kim Soo Ro make appearance  as a picky architect Kim Do Jin who makes biting remarks and a “pure  macho” architect Lim Tae San who seeks for justice. The two actors are  expected to reveal their hidden charm through these characters.

As Kim Soo Ro and Jang were spotted having a serious  conversation in a recent picture, the series attract more attention.  Although Kim, the “macho” who easily loses his temper, is grabbing Jang  by his collar, Jang seems to be relaxed, even pleased, wearing a  mischievous “evil smile.”

The story begins when the two best friends from high  school, Kim Do Jin (played by Jang Dong Gun) and Lim Tae San (played by  Kim Soo Ro), manage an architectural firm together. Because Kim is  cold-headed when doing business and does not consider other’s position,  he often corners Lim by creating difficult situations. Understanding the  background story, Kim’s smile and the way Lim is seizing Kim make  viewers even more curious about the series.

The production crew of Myungbulheojeon and actors will unravel men’s secretive psychology in a colorful way through Gentleman’s Dignity, so it has been receiving a lot of attention.

Source: Stardailynews, trans by: Korea.com

they changed it already into may 26 :lol:

visual.jpg

I just take it as it's part of the writer's sense of humor to remind us about SeGa. Actually, I'm a little worried it would be similar because I dont want it to be.

To me, it's already set up like SeGa with a new story and different supporting cast. First of all, JDG is already made to look like Joo Won physically, he is older but the hairstyle, really? they couldn't find another one that would suit a man his age more? instead they went the SeGa way with his looks. Also the sharp dialogue and his way of acting is already similar to Joo Won and the set up of the main couple, i bet you 100$ that he'll be as obsessed with the lady as Joo Won was with Ra Im.  He'll be like an older version of Joo Won and i think it's annoying that the writer is riding on her last sucess. She should have more respect for the fans and come up with a story and characters that are nothing like SeGa. Maybe it'll still enjoy it but i already see the similarities. At least she is not copying the magic , that's something lol I really hope that i'm wrong but i have a feeling that i'm not. I just hope JDG will be as funny and charismatic as HB was as Joo won but i still think JDG deserve to shine on his own without copying another character.

Guest katkat88

JDG is very picky in choosing roles so I believe he would not accept this drama if his character will just be a copycat of HB's character in Secret Garden.  For the past 12 years, he had rejected so many offers which benefited some of his close friends like Joo Jin Mo who got Queen of the Games, Love/Sarang and A Frozen Flower which were all rejected by JDG.  JDG is still very popular in Korea so I don't think he needs Hyun Bin to shine. He has a name more than Hyun Bin who btw, is under JDG's management company.

I hope that people would stop comparing these two actors because both of them are great and best of friends in real life. And I believe that Hyun Bin wouldn't like it to be compared to JDG because he knows that what he has acccomplished is nothing compared to what JDG has accomplished as an actor. If there is one person whom Hyun Bin respects so much and very thankful for, it's none other than JDG who's handling HB's career very well.

Guest simple_mindcd

Thanks, angieknows_11

Im so excited now, can't wait anymore, i hope someone will translate that character description in english :D :D

the casts are so amazing im pleased............ .^_^ ^_^

waiting for the web to open officially...

JDG is very picky in choosing roles so I believe he would not accept this drama if his character will just be a copycat of HB's character in Secret Garden.  For the past 12 years, he had rejected so many offers which benefited some of his close friends like Joo Jin Mo who got Queen of the Games, Love/Sarang and A Frozen Flower rejected by JDG.  JDG is still very popular in Korea so I don't think he needs Hyun Bin to shine. He has a name more than Hyun Bin who btw, is under JDG's management agency.

oh sweet baby you just nailed it! 

Jang Dong Gun, that's effin Jang dong Gun.lol I cant even begin to describe who he is to Hallyu or Korean entertainment in general. For someone who has carved his way up to the highest strata of Korean showbiz he definitely does not need to be a copycat of anyone's drama. 

i think there will be some different in their character, JDG character is stronger than Joowon's, JDG said to be sharp tongue like to critic, he also look more confidence and mature and  with that F44 will give him another personality, but maybe the sweet sweet moment will remind us to SeGa

sorry my poor english

Hey it's okay. ;) Your English is understandable...

Anyway, Joowon already had a sharp tongue, god, he's just damn so straightforward... that's a reason why Raim got pissed with him a lot of times.

Using Joowon's lines in the teaser, I don't know what separates this drama to SeGa... O.O But then, I'm not ruling out the possibility that I am wrong... I hope Kim Eun Sook won't disappoint us.

I don't question JDG's way of choosing a drama, as you all said, he's very picky. He must have his reasons for picking this. But the person I've always pointed at was Kim Eun Sook (this upcoming show's and Sega's writer)... I wonder why the teaser has to use scenes from SeGa...  when this is a drama that can stand on its own... without SeGa's direct influence. Though I must admit that I feel that comparisons will be inevitable since it's the same writer (those who were regulars in the SeGa thread will remember the comparisons made amongst KES' old dramas... On Air, City Hall, etc)

Guest katkat88

@Eja

I understand what you mean and honestly, my comment is not pointed at you.  It just upsets me when some people are comparing him with Hyun Bin when they do not know much about JDG as if JDG is riding on HB's popularity.

Guest simple_mindcd

Hey it's okay. ;) Your English is understandable...

Anyway, Joowon already had a sharp tongue, god, he's just damn so straightforward... that's a reason why Raim got pissed with him a lot of times.

Using Joowon's lines in the teaser, I don't know what separates this drama to SeGa... O.O But then, I'm not ruling out the possibility that I am wrong... I hope Kim Eun Sook won't disappoint us.

I don't question JDG's way of choosing a drama, as you all said, he's very picky. He must have his reasons for picking this. But the person I've always pointed at was Kim Eun Sook (this upcoming show's and Sega's writer)... I wonder why the teaser has to use scenes from SeGa...  when this is a drama that can stand on its own... without SeGa's influence. Comparisons will be inevitable since it's the same writer (those who were regulars in the SeGa thread will remember the comparisons made amongst KES' old dramas... On Air, City Hall, etc)

the teaser from SeGa didn't appear on TV only on the web,  i think coz this drama lack of promotion before with people do know this drama from writer of SeGa that was big hallyu drama on 2010 that was part of instanst promotion i think...

about JDG character i can fell his character more serious,  i bet there are the reason Kim eun suk pick Kim Suroo as one of the male lead to give more funny part to this drama beside KHN character, in K-drama land there are so many similar character especially for rich, almost all of them will have similar character with Joowoon, for JDG himself in this drama i read before he is a single man that dont want to get married even many women attracted to him not about rich, smartman, so im not sure he will like obsess to the lady and etc, maybe there are bit similarity but as a whole i bet JDG character will different...

the teaser from SeGa didn't appear on TV only on the web,  i think coz this drama lack of promotion before with people do know this drama from writer of SeGa that was big hallyu drama on 2010 that was part of instanst promotion i think...

about JDG character i can fell his character more serious,  i bet there are the reason Kim eun suk pick Kim Suroo as one of the male lead to give more funny part to this drama beside KHN character, in K-drama land there are so many similar character especially for rich, smart man almost all of them will have similar character with Joowoon, for JDG himself in this drama i read before he is a single man that dont want to get married even many women attracted to him not about rich, smartman, maybe there are bit similarity but as a whole i bet JDG character will different...

Ah, are you in Korea? A lot of us don't really know what are actually being shown in the TVs so thank you for sharing that with us. Wait, watched the teaser again and it has 15 at the top right corner, it means that the video was taken from a TV broadcast! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1_DpAd6jTY8 It was shown on TV. :D

@Eja

I  understand what you mean and honestly, my comment is not pointed at  you.  It just upsets me when some people are comparing him with Hyun Bin  when they do not know much about JDG as if JDG is riding on HB's  popularity.

Yeah, though I just felt the need to get my point across to avoid misunderstandings... :DBecause I've been burned in another thread before LOL.  Comparison is always good, but one must compare when he has knowledge  about the two actors being compared and not just one, so I understand  what you mean too.

gmg1.jpg

Picked up a kid while filming? :)

Archived