[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the way they brought back the young Jang Il & Sun Woo in their reconciliation. To be honest, I watch this drama because of the friendship. They have unique bond that despite their hatred, they are very much fond of each other. Nice closure. Jang Il went crazy is given since his life had been obnoxiously messy for more than 10 years. It's only a matter of time he cracked. And he did. It's a fair game for everybody. Superb acting. Hope to see more of LJH.

Guest samantha1430291541

I don't get it,jang il jumps into the water,but does sunwoo save him?does he die or what?I don't understand korean so I was confused..

%7Boption%7D

@ samanthatakoyakixlove@hotmail.com

I would say he could not but I think I heard Sunwoo mentions his name later so wait for subs though it is unlikely that he is somewhere but never appears again it might be an open ending too though still unlikely anyway it is the right ending as far as I am concerned for he was half crazy and could stand the guilt

it is unreal how many times Sunwoo hair changed in this episode it is funny how he keeps going from black to blonde you know the lovers last scene was filmed in march so they look different the kiss took seven hours to film since this was their first scene together but they dont look awkward kinda of cute but I was surprised they decided to add the tent scene which was clearly filmed today look how Sunwoo is blonde and brown one minute and pale and dark in another

I will post my thoughts about the final later now I will be drama free and bored lol

Guest Sandra_mischievous

First of all it's my first comment on soompi ever so don't hate me in a moment XD

ok I watched all episodes (Still waiting for the subsXD) and this drama is fantastic. when I saw the first episode I fell in love with Jang Il... and because of this I still like his character...

Somehow for a long time I thought that either he go crazy at the end or kill himself... he did both... (WHY ????) but it only makes the drama more realistic so it's ok (cries in a dark room;;;;;;;)

Still.... I LIKE LEE JANG IL... you can say whatever you want but if I were to choose from the main characters... I prefer Jang Il

I know he did wrong and maybe I only try to find excuses for him...(and believe me I found lots of them) but if I met such a person in real life I would try to help him and change the way he's thinking. I can understand both of them, their reasons for acting the way they did. I know Jang Il did wrong... his father too... but they weren't the normal bad guys you see in the dramas... so I can't hate them the way I always did with the negative characters...

When I read all those comments here I was waiting for someone who was on Jang Il side... I found someone but on a different site^^ I thought that even here he's alone... waaaa his father... did he even behave like a real father that helps him when he's lost and supports him in hard times?? heh

his only friend... he betrayed him... for various reasons but he did that.

he didn't have a lover.... no real friend later on... did he choose that? was it his personality?

well in my opinion he was left alone with everything for too long and when Kim Sun Woo appeared with his revenge... I know that if he said that he was sorry, if he didn't lie it would end differently but he grew up that way, there was no one (except the only friend he had) to teach him that so what do you expect. if we mix this with his pride and love(?) or care(?) for his father then it's the end. when he went crazy he came back to the times when he was young right? he had a friend and he was happy... did you notice that later on he wasn't so happy.. I know he deserved it ... but you could see in his eyes (thanks to the great actorXD) that he regretted it... he didn't fix it cos he was stupid and there should have appeared somebody to kick his richard simmons before it was to late...

I love this drama and hate at the same time... the ending is perfect and I know it but I wish there was someone to save Jang Il or at least hug him... it could have been a perfect friendship between them if only Kim Sun Woo's father wasn't killed...or at least Lee Jang Il's father was different... then the boys wouldn't need to go through all of this...

that's the end of my .... hmmm.... protecting the only character I fell in love with in this drama... is that why they made him the bad guy... so that people like me wouldn't be able to hate him and would try to protect him?? you witty people... hehehe I fell for this^.^

I have seen a few good dramas so I can't say it's the best of the best... but it's my favorite. love all actors although some characters were ahem... crazy/strange... hmmm... hope it will win many awards XD

Now I have to re-watch it with my friend... I know she would love Kim Sun Woo's character... so I will now have someone to discuss or argue with over it hehehe XD

sorry for my spelling or grammar mistakes^^

i loved this drama...there was one moment when i thought he was totally blind again and that he left again ...in fact he left but i really loved that she never gave up on him....i'm so sorry for not understanding Another thing i liked was the last Scenes with his father i think he finally understands that he was his son!

Guest samantha1430291541

Okay I have another question lol did jangil love soomi back? coz when he was drowning in the water,there is a scene where he is imagining/remembering being with her in a classroom and they looked happy together but I didn't understand the dialogue(for the record I know all my Q's will be answered if i just wait for the subs but i have no patience lol).Call me crazy but I was rooting for them since the beginning I know she's a complete richard simmons and he's a psycho bastard but that's why I wanted them together lol,they def had more chemistry than the main couple.

Anyway this drama was amazing so I'll rewatch the last two episodes with subs but my only complaint was jiwon.I was disappointed with the writing of her character and the terrible performance by the actress,her scenes were so painfully boring to watch that I Fast-forwarded through most of it in the drama.I had zero emotional connection with the character that I did not care what happened to her,*sighs* oh well the drama was really good minus her.

terrible performance ????? have we been watching the same show well if you thinking acting is all about screaming acting is about how you use your eyes your voice and your facial expression and LBY is 100% natural she did her scene flawlessly what else do you if Jiwon was the reasonable one in the show that does not make her boring if you did not connect to her that was not her fault she did the role the way it is written she did not write it she gave the balance to the show anyway that is your opinion

Guest jordi

FULL RATINGS

Episode 20 (final)

AGB Nielsen Korea:

Nationwide: 14,1% (-0,1%)

Seoul: 15,1% (-0,4%)

TNS Media Korea:

Nationwide: Soon

Seoul: Soon

Rootftop Prince leads - 14,8% / 15,7% (AGB) and ??? (TNS)

King2Hearts had 11,8% / 14,3% (AGB) and ??? (TNS)

AVERAGE DRAMA RATINGS (wed-thur slot)

NATIONWIDE (AGB):

1. Equator Man - 12,4%

2. King2Hearts - 12,2%

3. Rooftop Prince - 11,6%

SEOUL (AGB):

1. King2Hearts - 14,2%

2. Equator Man - 13,2%

3. Rooftop Prince - 12,8%

Yeah, we called them psycho 1 and 2.lol Soo Mi was a complete bi*ch but I really think Jang II's guilt over hurting his only friend and his father dying pushed him over the edge. Jang II guilt literally ate him up.Sun woo and jang II still loved/hated each other but when jang II apologized Sun Woo 's face relaxed .It looked like that was all he ever really wanted from Jang II was a sincere apology .and because jang Ii couldn't live with the guilt he followed his father. which I really think is the coward's way out. It is much harder to live and atone for your sins than to cop out and kill yourself.But all the dramas ended beautifully. RTP kayana was so beautiful I cried. I take back all the nasty things I said about the writers but not the fan girls lol

Guest jordi

New layout had one mistake - editing posts is impossible :(

TNS Media Korea:

Nationwide: 13,8% (+1,0%)

Seoul: 16,3% (+1,5%)

K2H - 10,4% / 13,6%

RTP - 14,9% / 16,2%

AVERAGE DRAMA RATINGS (wed-thur slot)

NATIONWIDE (TNS):

1. Rooftop Prince - 12,1%

2. Equator Man - 12,0%

3. King2Hearts - 12,0%

SEOUL (TNS):

1. King2Hearts - 14,5%

2. Equator Man - 13,6%

3. Rooftop Prince - 13,5%

Guest samantha1430291541

@tango Sorry but many people agree with my critique with the character of jiwon and the actress(just read the comments on dramabeans)Her younger self was quite likeable but the grown-up version didn't do much in the series.Plus the actress's ignorant expression that she always has on her face while her mouth is half open is quite irritating and not good acting by my standards,and no I don't think you necessarily have to scream and go crazy to be considered a good actor/actress.Well in this case I'm not only blaming the actress but the writers as well they failed to craft a character I could remotely care about,but I think a decent actress could at least draw the viewers in to the character through her acting even when the writing is bad,but I did not see that being done here.Well you can feel free to disagree but that's just how I felt while watching the series.

Archived