[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

Now that The Equator Man ended what dramas will you be following from now on? (I'll watch Bridal Mask and Ghost ...i'm not sure about I do' date='i do)...[/quote']

I'll probably check out Ghost and skip on Bridal Mask. Right now, I'm also watching Tasty Life, My Husband has a Family, and If Tomorrow Comes

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hijra

You should watch all of his works, Uhm Tae Woong is the best actor in the world (for me), I love his dramas (Resurrection, Stranger than Heaven, The Devil, Dr. Champ, Queen Seon Deok), short dramas (Blue Skies of Jeju Island, The Train That Goes To Gomsk) and movies (Silmido, Family, Family Ties, My Love, Iri, Someone Dear Is Faraway, Forever The Moment, Chaw, Handphone, Cyrano Agency, Special Investigation Unit, Never ending Story, Architecture 101). I love almost everything what he did. :-)

Hi dabdi.. Do you know where can i find or watch Blue Skies of Jeju Island and The Train That Goes To Gomsk?

Guest dabdi

Hi dabdi.. Do you know where can i find or watch Blue Skies of Jeju Island and The Train That Goes To Gomsk?

Gomsk you can find here. I hope you can download it, depositfiles does not always work, I'm sorry.

http://depositfiles.com/files/ezfaz31w6?redirect

Jeju I should upload, but my internet at home is very slow. You have to wait till next week, I can do it from my workplace.

I put the english sub for Jaeju on mediafire, but for Gomsk I don't have subs, just the Korean script. If somebody could translate it, it would be awesome!

Guest dabdi

Eng sub for Jeju

http://www.mediafire.com/?8tzdx1l17b8vt2z

If somebody speaks Hungarian you can find here all Hungarian subs for Uhm Tae Woong dramas and movies :-):

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_100181.htm

I'm glad for the happy ending to this series. After all that Sun Woo has been through, he ends up in a place that he loves, and with the woman that he loves.

This series was one of the darkest series I've ever seen. It was enjoyable due to the amazing acting from the 2 lead males. I don't think I've seen a show with so many scenes of intense stare downs to increase the tension.

The scene near the end when Jang Il asks for forgiveness from Sun Woo was a tremendous scene. Whenever they are together it seems like they talked about the past -it was because it affected their lives so much today. So each of them viewing the other as their younger self was such a smart idea.

Overall I'm glad so many people liked this drama. I hope that this series and its' actors can get some awards at the year's end.

Guest rintintintin

Finally, I've watch it and I must say that This-drama-should-grab-more-awards-soon! It's so amazing that the acting of Uhm Tae woong and Lee Jung hyuk superbs me the most! :D That's why I'll never forget this drama so much. And I like the ending as well. Even I didn't see Jang il in the end. :-<

Guest ce_ja

I admire the acting of Lee Jun Hyuk here, ( I just hope that he'll get an award) his acting skills really improved a lot. I'm just watching this kdrama because of Lee Jun Hyuk. I just hope that this korean drama will get some awards. I am not a fan of Uhm Tae Wong, but I really admire his acting.

pls. post some BTS video and some pics from the end party, I wanna see Lee Jun Hyuk :)

I saw this comment somewhere

And I really love the KSW and HJW couple .. they may not have the best chemistry nor much romantic airing time... but they are SOOO SWEET ! OMyGosh...

I have loved Han Ji Won's role very much, wish I could have a gf like her if I were a boy , ** very supportive, very determined , Brave and such a Gorgeous Rare Beauty.***

and that is exactly how I feel if I was a boy I would want Jiwon for a gf for me she is more real as she did not get suddenly rich/ famous another reason is because I look like Jiwon from the outside I get hurt and confused when I encounter evil and mostly I dont fight back not because I cant but because I know I will lose myself by doing this so I just turn the other cheek also I am a literary girl and I read literature for kids so we are alike in some ways I am proud to be a boorish good girl lol I would not discuses acting since I have read anything objective or specific some still dont get the line between characteristic and performance and since I know her well saw everything she did and saw what she did here as well going from sad to loving to hurt to confused and a couple of times angry I also saw how the actors take direction from the PD and the actor only take orders they cant take liberties if they told her to look peaceful then she should do as she is told and she the sweetness of the show old school romantic lead .. some were watching just for her sake

1205244fbd85d4bd5a2.jpg

tumblrm2poromfzz1qgjhah.jpg

tumblrm2jj33utyi1qcnu9i.gif

tumblrm2jj33utyi1qcnu9i.gif

the explanation of the ending is clear in this article the writer insisted on copying her other show which includes making Jiwon a combination of the 2 male leads in that drama and copying whole scenes for ex check ep 16 from women in the sun and check ep 16 the equator man you will see the same embarrassed on air scene the same thing goes for confusing suicide the same thing happened in the final for women in the sun like u will read here how much did this stubborn copying the other show style has damaged this show if for the audience to decide

‘Women in the Sun’ Stands Beside ‘The Equator Man’

The final scenes of KBS2’s The Equator Man weren’t actually very different from the final scenes of Women in the Sun, a drama which aired four years ago.

The Equator Man came to its conclusion on May 24 with its 20th episode.

The drama had been about human greed and the conflict arising from unfulfilled love since its beginning, but for its last episode, it concentrated on talking about forgiveness.

Lee Jang Il (Lee Joon Hyuk), who had President Jin No Sik (Kim Yeong Cheol) at gunpoint for his revenge, tried to commit suicide after his plan was foiled by Kim Sun Woo (Uhm Tae Woong), but he failed at that also.

He made it into an asylum from the shock, but he forgave and was forgiven by Sun Woo, who stayed at his side.

The two then stepped into the hometown their good and bad memories came from.

Only after facing their past from 13 years ago did they really forgive. Jang Il, however, stayed caught up in his past.

Unable to get past his guilt, he threw himself off of a cliff. After losing his friend and his eyesight, Sun Woo confessed to Han Ji Won (Lee Bo Young) that his real father was President Jin No Sik, and left for the Equator. Ji Won was shocked that her family’s enemy was Sun Woo’s father, but she realized that only one person could make her happy. The Equator Man ended with the reunion and kiss of Sun Woo and Ji Won

The ending was somewhat similar to the ending of Women in the Sun, which was also written by The Equator Man’s scriptwriter Kim In Young in 2008.

Women in the Sun was about a woman who was adopted into a rich family and grew up to become a popular news anchor, and the little sister she abandoned, and forced to live a different life from the one she could’ve had.

The last episode of Women in the Sun was also about the death of a character. The news anchor Shin Do Young (Kim Ji Su) tried to commit suicide with a car crash, and she did wake up for a while but in the end met her death.

The last scene, however, showed Do Young walking across a beach with Cha Dong Woo (Jung Kyeo Woon), sparking a debate among viewers on whether Do Young really had died. The production company had to reveal that Do Young really had died in the end.

Do Young’s death is fairly similar to Jang Il’s suicide in The Equator Man. Jang Il committed suicide because he couldn’t wake up from his own nightmare, just like Do Young. The other characters of The Equator Man also resemble those in Women in the Sun.

Shin Do Young of Women in the Sun couldn’t help but abandon her little sister in order to live, and Yoon Sa Wol (Lee Ha Na), who had been abandoned by her sister but yet stayed strong, had her own story to tell also. Do Young therefore wasn’t completely evil, and Sa Wol also wasn’t a complete victim. This was why the viewers were able to relate to both women at the same time.

The Equator Man was the same. Sun Woo and Jang Il had gone from being friends to men vowing to have their revenge on each other. Their precarious balance of emotion helped the drama keep its tension.

The conflict between Sun Woo and Jang Il, which lasted 15 years after the two had vowed revenge against each other under the sun of the Equator, blurred the line between good and evil for a grayer hue.

So in the end, despite the similarities, the final episode of The Equator Man wasn’t too predictable, and appealed to its viewers for its satisfying conclusion

39073300.jpg

this is my last post here I think I have posted here much more than anyone else lol it is been a pleasure I want to thank dabdi/shedevil77/kayana20 4 keeping me company here so long everyone

@Tango ,Very well said post I couldn't agree more. This was a story that was dark, intense and full of human greed and loss. I, like you, absolutely loved the male leads resolving their animus with their younger selves.Poor jang Ii seemed to suffer so much and I was glad to see they really valued each other's friendship. If you watch episode 1 and then episode 20 you really get the impact on why things went as they did. Sun woo's dad was a good father where jang's II dad was not.Jang's II dad never taught his son to do right, just do what was best for them at the time His father was a very weak shallow man.Loved the drama hope this show wins oodles of awards because there hasn't been a show better this year. See you guys on the next drama.

Stop everybody! Don't move!

Is Jang Il alive?

I think he is.

to tell you the truth I thought that too but I got a little confused when Sun woo asked Ji won how jang i was doing did her expression mean he was crazy as ever or he was dead ? I still haven't gotten a handle o that one yet.:)

those young actors acting the younger version of Sun WOo and Jang Il at the final episode was it filmed earlier or they really ask them to film for the final episode ? Because I am surprise to see Lee Hyun Woo and SiWan again. And the scene where the 4 of them at the sea was really cool

Now i am curious looks like Jang Il might be "alive" then ?

i totally agree with you Tango...Loved the drama this drama ...wonderfull end... KSW and HJW their love was so true...HJW came looking for him...she never gave up ...there was a moment when i thought they might never meet again...i'm so glad that she also choose to forget the past and hate for Jin...

Wow, such a great drama. I'm satisfied with the ending. Sun Woo became very successful inclusive of his revenge to everyone who harmed his father and him who became miserable because of his blindness. Most of all he got Ji won loved him no matter what.

When he was hugged by his father, he gained his eyesight probably because all his hatred towards his father was all gone. I cried really on this scene. I can't hold my tears.

With regards to Jang Il, I think he died also but seemingly, no news spread of him being dead. So I guess, he was saved by sun Woo but became comatose or a psychopatic patient.

This is one of the drama that I am very satisfied with the ending. Thanks for sharing your views. I hope there will be this kind of satisfactory ending.

Wow, such a great drama. I'm satisfied with the ending. Sun Woo became very successful inclusive of his revenge to everyone who harmed his father and him who became miserable because of his blindness. Most of all he got Ji won who loved him no matter what.

When he was hugged by his father, he gained his eyesight probably because all his hatred towards his father was all gone. I cried really on this scene. I can't hold my tears.

With regards to Jang Il, I think he died also but seemingly, no news spread of him being dead. So I guess, he was saved by sun Woo but became comatose or a psychopatic patient.

This is one of the drama that I am very satisfied with the ending. Thanks for sharing your views. I hope there will be this kind of satisfactory ending.

Archived