[Sitcom 2011] I Live in Cheongdamdong 청담동 살아요

Admin

@ viktoria

Ji-Eun's walkie-talkie conversation with Hyun-Woo (towards the end of the episode):

"I told you I would contact you at least 3 times a day, but I've only done it twice today. Where are you? Leaving behind your walkie-talkie... I always carry mine around just in case you might contact me, but you're always leaving yours at home... this feels a little unfair somehow.

Anyways, I think I know why you don't carry a cellphone. You're waiting for someone, right? You must like that person a lot...

I wonder if it'll be a good or bad thing if you get a cellphone.. probably a good thing right?

Anyways, good night"

thank you so much Dotori.i feel sad.:( maybe because i'm sick too but i was really emotional when i was watching that part even if i didn't understand what Jieun was saying.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you so much Dotori.i feel sad.:( maybe because i'm sick too but i was really emotional when i was watching that part even if i didn't understand what Jieun was saying.

Viktoria, just PMed you. 

Have a speedy recovery.  Take care.

@ viktoria

Ji-Eun's walkie-talkie conversation with Hyun-Woo (towards the end of the episode):

"I told you I would contact you at least 3 times a day, but I've only done it twice today. Where are you? Leaving behind your walkie-talkie... I always carry mine around just in case you might contact me, but you're always leaving yours at home... this feels a little unfair somehow.

Anyways, I think I know why you don't carry a cellphone. You're waiting for someone, right? You must like that person a lot...

I wonder if it'll be a good or bad thing if you get a cellphone.. probably a good thing right?

Anyways, good night"

Thanks for the explanation, Dotori.

I would have thought that Jieun just wanted to comfort Hyun Woo since she knows that he is not closed to his family.  Without the hp, it would be difficult for them to get in touch with him. 

I wouldn't have thought that Hyun Woo is actually waiting for someone, who is dear to him.  Jieun is smart to have thought of it.  I watched it again and she mentioned 'someone that you like' on the walkie-talkie.

Could that girl be Hyun Woo's girlfriend?  Is she the reason why Hyun Woo has delayed going to America because he is still waiting for her?  In the coming episodes, we will get to see him following a girl whom he thinks is that girl. 

Somehow, I don't quite understand.  Why should Jieun call Hyun Woo 3 times a day?  With her asking him where he was, I feel that she was being possessive.  It's as if he is her boyfriend already.

Anyway, I understand that Jieun and Hyun Woo like each other in the later episodes.  Hyun Woo is beginning to show concern for her which is a good sign.  But he could merely be treating her as a friend, since he is still waiting for that girl.  But Jieun is treating Sang Yeob simply as a friend now.

Thanks for the explanation, Dotori.

I would have thought that Jieun just wanted to comfort Hyun Woo since she knows that he is not closed to his family.  Without the hp, it would be difficult for them to get in touch with him. 

I wouldn't have thought that Hyun Woo is actually waiting for someone, who is dear to him.  Jieun is smart to have thought of it.  I watched it again and she mentioned 'someone that you like' on the walkie-talkie.

Could that girl be Hyun Woo's girlfriend?  Is she the reason why Hyun Woo has delayed going to America because he is still waiting for her?  In the coming episodes, we will get to see him following a girl whom he thinks is that girl. 

Somehow, I don't quite understand.  Why should Jieun call Hyun Woo 3 times a day?  With her asking him where he was, I feel that she was being possessive.  It's as if he is her boyfriend already.

Anyway, I understand that Jieun and Hyun Woo like each other in the later episodes.  Hyun Woo is beginning to show concern for her which is a good sign.  But he could merely be treating her as a friend, since he is still waiting for that girl.  But Jieun is treating Sang Yeob simply as a friend now.

Wassup bonds? ^^

-Ji-Eun actually didn't think of the idea that Hyun-Woo is waiting for someone, it was the Restaurant Unni who brought it up. But I think Ji-Eun later realized that it could actually be true when she saw him call someone through the public phone booth, but nobody picked up.

-Hyun Woo's past is still a mystery! All we know for sure so far is that he is very wealthy, and he (was) planning on moving to the states, but something has changed his mind and he is temporarily? delaying his departure.... maybe for his first love? (but hopefully for Ji-Eun! ><) Today's episode really stressed the fact that he cares significantly about his first love.. (hehe, I'm just waiting for that episode to come out where HyunWoo and Ji-Eun are walking together on the streets :))

-So Ji-Eun was so mad at him because he didn't have a cellphone, he didn't know that she was being attacked down stairs in the comic shop by drunk strangers. She asked him why he doesn't have a cellphone, is it because he is sick of waiting for somebody to call? She promises to call him at least 3 times a day if he gets one (and so she does...)

We are already on episode 90! It seems that there are 200 planned out.. so still a lot of room for stuff to happen.

I just hope that it's not one of those situations where Ji-Eun and Hyun Woo only get together in the end and we don't get to see them happy and dating

I'm also curious as to why Sang Yeob isn't telling Ji-Eun that Hyun Woo is rich

have a good week everybody~

Wassup bonds? ^^

-Ji-Eun actually didn't think of the idea that Hyun-Woo is waiting for someone, it was the Restaurant Unni who brought it up. But I think Ji-Eun later realized that it could actually be true when she saw him call someone through the public phone booth, but nobody picked up.

-Hyun Woo's past is still a mystery! All we know for sure so far is that he is very wealthy, and he (was) planning on moving to the states, but something has changed his mind and he is temporarily? delaying his departure.... maybe for his first love? (but hopefully for Ji-Eun! ><) Today's episode really stressed the fact that he cares significantly about his first love.. (hehe, I'm just waiting for that episode to come out where HyunWoo and Ji-Eun are walking together on the streets :))

-So Ji-Eun was so mad at him because he didn't have a cellphone, he didn't know that she was being attacked down stairs in the comic shop by drunk strangers. She asked him why he doesn't have a cellphone, is it because he is sick of waiting for somebody to call? She promises to call him at least 3 times a day if he gets one (and so she does...)

We are already on episode 90! It seems that there are 200 planned out.. so still a lot of room for stuff to happen.

I just hope that it's not one of those situations where Ji-Eun and Hyun Woo only get together in the end and we don't get to see them happy and dating

I'm also curious as to why Sang Yeob isn't telling Ji-Eun that Hyun Woo is rich

have a good week everybody~

Oops, I've made a big wrong assumption, haven't I ?!  Well, that's the problem when I don't know korean language.  Lol...  :P 

Nevertheless, thanks a million for clarifying my confused mind.

Didn't pay much attention to the chef's talking.  That's why I thought that Jieun would have guessed correctly about Hyun Woo's waiting for his girl, his first love.

If Hyun Woo still cares and waits patiently for his first love, then there is no way he has fallen for Jieun.  Most likely he is only caring for her well-being, as a friend would.

However, Jieun should know that her calling Hyun Woo 3 times a day is definitely very different from him receiving a call from his first love which is much more precious to him.  Because he sounded so uninteresting when he received her calls.

As for Sang Yeob not telling Jieun the truth about Hyun Woo, it could be that he doesn't want Jieun to fall for Hyun Woo because he's rich, especially knowing her character.  Besides, he may have fallen for her now.

@ viktoria

Anyways, good night"

Oops, I've made a big wrong assumption, haven't I ?!  Well, that's the problem when I don't know korean language.  Lol...  :P 

Nevertheless, thanks a million for clarifying my confused mind.

Didn't pay much attention to the chef's talking.  That's why I thought that Jieun would have guessed correctly about Hyun Woo's waiting for his girl, his first love.

If Hyun Woo still cares and waits patiently for his first love, then there is no way he has fallen for Jieun.  Most likely he is only caring for her well-being, as a friend would.

However, Jieun should know that her calling Hyun Woo 3 times a day is definitely very different from him receiving a call from his first love which is much more precious to him.  Because he sounded so uninteresting when he received her calls.

As for Sang Yeob not telling Jieun the truth about Hyun Woo, it could be that he doesn't want Jieun to fall for Hyun Woo because he's rich, especially knowing her character.  Besides, he may have fallen for her now.

waahhh, paging Dotori and Bonds again. please give us an idea what the last episode all about between Jieun and Hyun Woo please. :)

Finally got caught up with the episodes ^^;

hmm from the preview, it seems that the person HyunWoo is waiting for has returned!

On the postcard it says, "I have returned back to Korea"

Looks like a triangle coming up..not counting SangYeob lol just coz i think he's only in a friend zone now

Ep 93

"When you are in love, you see the person u like everywhere" i felt like they used this theme on JiEun this week haha

She says its because of her eye sight but i highly doubt lol i mean seriously? she finds him even in that huge building! LOL when Jungmi is like all lost trying to figure out where..

Aww and they also showed that HyunWoo makes her happy but she doesn't realize that <3 Her aunt and mom both tells her that there must be something good happening since she looks so happy ^^

and i remember in one of the earlier episode, she told HyunWoo that she's most happy when she feels love [the lost cat epi]

and at the end when she forgot to bring her walkie talkie, she spots him in that crowd too lol I loved it when she said "not that side, this side" and he turns back to her!

I'm a bit sad to think that there is another person will be disrupting Ji-Eun/Hyun-Woo just as Ji-Eun is slowly starting to like him! >(

The writers have been leading us on and hinting that its Hyun-Woo's first love... ACK~~ so curious to see what happens!

At the moment, Jieun may merely treat Hyun Woo as a friend, simply enjoys his company.  Likewise to Hyun Woo.  They may not have realised that they have in fact fallen for each other, simply because Jieun is still waiting for her Mr Perfect while Hyun Woo is faithfully waiting for his first love.

Now, with the return of Hyun Woo's first love, will her presence make Jieun jealous and lost since Hyun Woo may no longer pay attention to her.  Will Hyun Woo feel trap in between these two ladies?  And will he realise that he has in fact fallen for Jieun and that his first love no longer holds dearly in his heart.  Ultimately, who will he choose in the end?

I'm actually looking forward to these episodes so as to confirm their true love and choice.  Just hope that this girl, whoever she is, is not snobbish and demanding, thus pulling Jieun down.  If she does, will Hyun Woo goes to Jieun's defence then?

Guest RKDGirl

Hey hey~ Well...it's now the third week of April and I've been a horrible person who can't keep promises :tears:

But you guys seem to be fine with watching the show without subs (because of wonderful members who summarize everything nicely ^_^) so I really do wonder if I should continue with this project blush.gif

But if there's anyone who still really wants subs.. I'm almost done! It's just... the syncing...that...kills...me. -_-

If you know anyone who syncs fansubs, give them a hug. Seriously. I don't know how they do it. They deserve mountains of gold lol

And the final problem(?) is... where should I upload the subs? d-addicts? box? I'm not sure if I should upload them here (because they're gonna change the forum software soon), so please give me suggestions! Thank you again for your patience! If I don't upload the subs for ep1 this week, please feel free to hunt me down and poke me with a stick :(:D

Finally got caught up with the episodes ^^;

hmm from the preview, it seems that the person HyunWoo is waiting for has returned!

On the postcard it says, "I have returned back to Korea"

Looks like a triangle coming up..not counting SangYeob lol just coz i think he's only in a friend zone now

Ep 93

"When you are in love, you see the person u like everywhere" i felt like they used this theme on JiEun this week haha

She says its because of her eye sight but i highly doubt lol i mean seriously? she finds him even in that huge building! LOL when Jungmi is like all lost trying to figure out where..

Aww and they also showed that HyunWoo makes her happy but she doesn't realize that <3 Her aunt and mom both tells her that there must be something good happening since she looks so happy ^^

and i remember in >(

The writers have been leading us on and hinting that its Hyun-Woo's first love... ACK~~ so curious to see what happens!

At the moment, Jieun may merely treat Hyun Woo as a friend, simply enjoys his company.  Likewise to Hyun Woo.  They may not have realised that they have in fact fallen for each other, simply because Jieun is still waiting for her Mr Perfect while Hyun Woo is faithfully waiting for his first love.

Now, with the return of Hyun Woo's first love, will her presence make Jieun jealous and lost since Hyun Woo may no longer pay attention to her.  Will Hyun Woo feel trap in between these two ladies?  And will he realise that he has in fact fallen for Jieun and that his first love no longer holds dearly in his heart.  Ultimately, who will he choose in the end?

I'm actually looking forward to these episodes so as to confirm their true love and choice.  Just hope that this girl, whoever she is, is not snobbish and demanding, thus pulling Jieun down.  If she does, will Hyun Woo goes to Jieun's defence then?

thank you very, very much vipjjang, dotori and bonds for the summary of the episode. :)

Hey hey~ Well...it's now the third week of April and I've been a horrible person who can't keep promises :tears:

But you guys seem to be fine with watching the show without subs (because of wonderful members who summarize everything nicely ^_^) so I really do wonder if I should continue with this project :blush:

But if there's anyone who still really wants subs.. I'm almost done! It's just... the syncing...that...kills...me. -_-

If you know anyone who syncs fansubs, give them a hug. Seriously. I don't know how they do it. They deserve mountains of gold lol

And the final problem(?) is... where should I upload the subs? d-addicts? box? I'm not sure if I should upload them here (because they're gonna change the forum software soon), so please give me suggestions! Thank you again for your patience! If I don't upload the subs for ep1 this week, please feel free to hunt me down and poke me with a stick :(:D

please, please RKDGirl, continue with the project. it will be nice to watch the sitcom with a complete subs. really appreciate a lot what the subbers are doing for us who are relying so much on their works.

I Live in Cheongdam-dong Viewership Ratings Continue Rising Trend

JTBC has shown strong momentum not only in drama series, but also in sitcom.

According to statistics released by AGB Media Research Agency on April 10th, 2012, the episode 89 of JTBC daily sitcom

I Live in Cheongdam-Dong broadcast on April 9th, 2012 achieved the national viewership rating of 1.035%, an increase of 0.283% from 0.752% recorded in episode 88.

I Live in Cheongdam-Dong which sees its audience ratings usually hovers around 0.8% rose to above 1% recently, and has been praised by the viewers. The rating for episode 87 broadcast on April 5th, 2012 even rose to 1.189%.

When the miniseries of other general program service channels has to end prematurely due to low ratings, the viewership ratings of I Live in Cheongdam-Dong increase instead. I Live in Cheongdam-Dong plans to have 200 episodes, and the ratings have exceeded 1% not even half-way into the broadcast, heightening the expectation to future ratings.

The outstanding performance by people’s mother Kim Hye Ja and the delicate three-party relationship between Ji Eun, Hyun Woo and Sang Yeob play an important role in making the drama series I Live in Cheongdam-Dong a good drama.

On the other hand, I Live in Cheongdam-dong is telling the story of a group of poors living in Chengdom-dong which represents the rich in South Korea.

Credits: Asian-Drama + Osen

@ebulli3nt thank you for the article! i've been wondering how the ratings are doing lately! This show is so underrated! It's so much better than some of the other sitcoms that air on the bigger networks. Seriously, the writing is spectacular.

Today's episode 94 was so amazing.... some serious Ji-Eun/Hyun-Woo action (and so little Sang-Yeob!). At first when I saw him running and the dramatic love music in the background, I thought he was running to find his ex! (or first love or whatever... I'm so curious as to what happened to him in the past! What is his deal? seriously). I like to think that he has put his feelings for his ex in the past now.. but will his ex make an unwelcome appearance on the show? and I really hope that he gets a hair-cut soon! He looks like kehddongee!

and is he gonna get a cellphone?! (aw, but I like their cute walkie-talkie talks...)

@ebulli3nt thank you for the article! i've been wondering how the ratings are doing lately! This show is so underrated! It's so much better than some of the other sitcoms that air on the bigger networks. Seriously, the writing is spectacular.

Today's episode 94 was so amazing.... some serious Ji-Eun/Hyun-Woo action (and so little Sang-Yeob!). At first when I saw him running and the dramatic love music in the background, I thought he was running to find his ex! (or first love or whatever... I'm so curious as to what happened to him in the past! What is his deal? seriously). I like to think that he has put his feelings for his ex in the past now.. but will his ex make an unwelcome appearance on the show? and I really hope that he gets a hair-cut soon! He looks like kehddongee!

and is he gonna get a cellphone?! (aw, but I like their cute walkie-talkie talks...)

hi dotori. i just finished watching episode 94. it's already past midnight here in Hawaii and i had to finished something very important but didn't want to go sleep without watching the episode. i'm glad i did. it was really a nice episode. i love the dramatic music.

Archived