[Sitcom 2011] I Live in Cheongdamdong 청담동 살아요

Admin

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lhay

@hartofseeker

Almost a year late, but if you're still wondering....

The first note says, "I've haven't been honest to the person I love about a lot of things: my family, my education, my background."

Second note: "I love Oh Ji Eun."

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eisleyheap

Just recapped ep 101 for those still interested in this drama! 
Check it out here: http://therighthandcorner.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/i-live-in-cheongdamdong-episode-101-recap/

• 2 weeks later...

i've watched this maybe 4-5 times already, still laughing so hard though i dont understand what they are saying. still they're acting and facial expressions are enough for me to laughed so hard. i really wish there's someone out there who can translate this, pm me if interested im willing to do the timing, i just need the english translations. 
Thanks @dotori. And @hamster428 can you give me the also the english subs that you have? thanks, really!And @eisleyheap, did you recap all the episode?  thanks i will read everything!

for better understanding about this sitcom, visit this blog by @eisleyheap --  http://therighthandcorner.wordpress.com/category/recaps/
Lucky to someone like me who love this sitcom even after a year ended, i still dont understands what they were saying and you can actually find it on her blog, she's really great in recapping the show.
This sitcom is better than any other sitcom ever produced in SBS,MBC and KBS, so underrated. Really wish someone can translate this in English and will spread the good vibes of this show to everyone!!! I promise everyone will love this show!

• 6 months later...

Well, it's been about a year now since I last checked around for subs of this drama. :( I really wish I could find subs somewhere.  I know there has got to be people who love this show enough to sub it. Aw well, it's not like I can do it so I shouldn't be talking. But the more time passes, the more I realize that chances of me ever just sitting down and enjoying this drama in completion are very slim.  Luckily, I'm beginning to understand Korean a bit and there are some recaps :) It's just such an enjoyable show that I wish more people knew and appreciated like I do. Still, the fact that it's still worth-watching despite the lack of subs is a testament to how great it and it's actors are :) I guess I'll just have to learn Korean.

• 1 month later...
Guest pixelsprite

After reading about this sitcom on various sites for a long time, I finally watched the first episode today. I'm liking what I've seen so far :)If anyone can point me to English subs for episodes 2-14 (only up to 14 was subbed, as I understand it) it would be greatly appreciated! (Edit: Found a subtitle source for the first 14 episodes.)

Update: Watched up to episode 17. Unfortunate that I haven't been able to find any English subtitles. Nonetheless, this show has been a riot. I wonder how long Kim Hye-Ja can keep things up for!

Update 2: About half-way through now. Hyun-woo's story still shrouded in mystery. Not a lot of story development between episodes, so it's easy to watch a episode or two here and there without forgetting where I left off. My guess is that Eun-ji will not end up with either guy.

Update 3: All 170 episodes finished! This is one of the longest series I have ever watched. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it a lot more with English subtitles. There were certain aspects of this series that I did not like (and that might be because I'm not used to the sitcom format.) Continuity, for example. Sometimes it seems like what happened in a previous episode is forgotten/ignored for some episodes before they bring it up again. Are there multiple writers/writing teams, or is it just one person doing the writing? The final 10-20 episodes seemed to progress a lot faster, and felt a bit rushed. I think this was because of the episode cut. Overall, I loved the characters and I genuinely laughed out loud at many of the scenes. Would highly recommend!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Viki has recently brought quite a few not available before JTBC drama. I do not know if they have a special deal now with JTBC, but I think it may be worth while to submit Title request form for this drama:

I Live in Cheongdam Dong - 청담동 살아요

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

At least, they would know there is a group of people interested in it

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@royvn  Thank you so much for letting us know that Viki is now subbing it.   animated_thank_you_greeting_card.gif?h=9

If I knew Korean, I would have been only too happy to help. I have been waiting for this drama for years.  I read such awesome comments about it.

I hope Viki does get more volunteers to help with this project.

I am grateful to you and the Viki team for your work, and for Viki for having acquired the license.  

https://www.viki.com/tv/24817c-i-live-in-cheongdam-dong

Problem, in my mind - is that this thread was opened under "Sit-coms and variety shows".   I know, that I personally never look there. I just found this thread because I was specifically looking for this title. All of the sit-coms that are drama are under "Kdrama" headings. At least - most of them.

Maybe @ebullient    can move this thread to "Kdrama" section, so that it gets noticed - Esp. now that Viki has licensed it, and started subbing it, and are looking for more volunteers.

Archived