[Sitcom 2011] I Live in Cheongdamdong 청담동 살아요

Admin

Ok 1 vote for subtitle file-only so far ^_^

No, no,  wait, wait.... please.....!  I have not cast my vote yet!   th_25.gif

Guys, guys, please cast your precious votes now!    cute_smiley81.gif

LOL I posted back in January.. but yep I still love this show to pieces :wub:

It really is unfortunate a ton of people are missing out on a treasure like Cheongdam-dong.

Seriously, I constantly read about Koreans practically boasting the fact they'll never watch anything on the new cable networks out of spite :angry: I swear Koreans can be so crazy.. -_- The best rating they can get is 1%! So so sad.. :tears:

SO! Since I want to do anything I possibly can to boost this show's viewership, I've been thinking about creating subs for it!

But I need your input! How should I go about doing so?

Upload to YouTube (or any other streaming site) or go WITHS2 style? (just sub and you dl the vids yourselves)

Please let me know!! ^_^

With 3 main strong tv stations in Korea, I'm surprise that there are so many cable tv stations viking for its viewership.  It ain't easy to survive though.  Kudos to them all.  With many excellent artistes joining them, and with good drama scripts, hopefully, more people get to appreciate their hard work.

After 60 episodes have gone by, I actually give up hope that some kind souls will subs this sitcom.  Thus when I read your post, especially the last sentence, my hope arises once again.  We can enjoy this sitcom even better now.  You are such an angel!  Thank you so much.   00.gif

For those who have faithfully followed this sitcom since ep 1, I believe most of us have already downloaded it from Semi-fly, thanks to her, either over here or at D-addict.  Thus I would suggest (just my personal opinion) that you should only subs it, like what WithS2 has done, in srt format, so that we can enjoy it readily.

However, with so many raw files versions avaiable, I hope you can advise us on which versions you are using so that the picture and the subs synch well together.

Well, of course you can upload it to youtube for more viewership.  However, for us to download it for keeping, the quality can be poor.  Besides, the copyright law may delete your uploading thus waste your effort.  And before we can download it, it may have been deleted already.  

As for other steamings, not many of us have a software to download it though. 

Yes, of the two / three options, I go for WithS2 style.  For those who have not downloaded the raw files but wish to do so now, can still download it over here or at D-addict.

Just a friendly reminder, but if you have already downloaded it, you will know that some episodes have no seed in it, thus they cannot be fully downloaded.  For these episodes, especially ep 13, I have downloaded it at Am-addiction earlier.  Unfortunately its site has already shut down.  But Aja-aja has it.

Lastly, please take your time to subs.  I hope that no one will demand that you subs it quickly because it will only frustrate you.

Looking forward to watching it again with eng subs this time.  

Thank you once again.  Greatly appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness.   Cat-Princess-020.gif

Guys, don't forget to vote, ya?   

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok 1 vote for subtitle file-only so far ^_^

hi RKDGirl. thank you very, very much for offering to sub ILIC. i'm really sorry but honestly i don't know anything about subbing so i don't know which one to vote for :( i've been watching the raw episodes from "dramstyle". i'm really grateful and thankful for those who are subbing dramas. it's really a big sacrifice.

hi bonds. love reading your post.:)  i like OJE wearing little make-up too. she really looks younger than her age. she looks good with Lee Sang Yeob and Hyun Woo and they're several years younger than her. i wonder too if Hyun Woo likes Jieun or not or Jieun will eventually ends up with Sang Yeob.

the sitcom must be doing well if it's going to be 200 episodes. i really wish there's an english subs.

Personally, I don't really like long dramas nor sitcoms.  Too long a show can be quite boring to watch, especially so when its storyline is heading nowhere.  And without any eng subs, it's more diffcult to appreciate the show, not to mention, enjoy it.

But when I read about RKDgirl's post that she is willing to subs this sitcom, I really jump with joy.  An angel, she is.  This sitcom is fun to watch.  Initially, I've wanted to watch it because of the three young lead artistes, Jieun, Sang Yeob and Hyun Woo.  Only interested in their romances.  But as time goes by, the rest of the artistes have grown on me.  Simply love their characters - not arrogant, but naive and innocent.  Yes, the three musketeers and the chef lady.  They are so funny.

'America, here we come' episode is so hilarious.  The plastic surgeon was so cute to trick his two companions into going to America with him, when they insisted that he took them along.  When the song, What A Wonderful World was played, I couldn't help laughing out loud.  These two clowns were pretending that their shop was America, looking around so lovingly.  And then back to their suitcase.  Lol.....  Thumb up for you, surgeon, to be able to think of such trick just to fool them.  The comic books shop customers were so readily to co-operate with him.  Haha...

Oh yes, the tummy-ache episode for the chef is also a funny episode.  What did she eat to have her needing the toilet relief?  Her action was cute.  I went, 'no!  no! don't come out, don't come out!  whoever is in the toilet, hurry out now!'  Lol....

Thanks to these artistes who make this sitcom interesting to watch.

Now, back to the three young leads, shall we?  Till now, Jieun is still interested in Sang Yeob.  What makes her like him so much, even when he has so many girlfriends to make her jealous over and over again?  Is it because he is handsome, rich and successful?  Or is it because he is charismatic whom girls will go gaga over him, including Jieun.  On the contrary, Hyun Woo has yet to express his liking for her, nor show any interest in her.  But will he like her in the later episodes and vie with Sang Yeob for her love?  Right now, he knows that Jieun still likes Sang Yeob alot.

As for Sang Yeob, he is beginning to like Jieun.  He is upset whenever Jieun is cold towards him.  Hye Ja has initially disliked him because he has hurt her precious daughter.  I love how she stared hard at him and his mother, like saying, 'how dare you hurt my Jieun?!  You better watch out!  You!  You!'

But when she finds out about Sang Yeob' little secret, when he kept writing Jieun's name over and over again in a paper which was later thrashed away, she seems to be abit soft towards him.  Wonder what she had said to him about her Jieun. 

Hmmmm.....  wonder, wonder...  yes indeed.  What will be Sang Yeob's reaction when he finds out about Jieun's real identity, that she is in fact a poor girl, living in a big city?  Will he love her as she is?  Will he doubt her love for him?  That she likes him because of his richness, not because she truly likes him.   And will his mother accept their relationship since she is from a low class background?  If he likes her, will he forgive her and accept her as who she really is?  Or will he dump her because of her lies.  Or because she is not a rich man's daughter no more.

Hyun Woo has already known about Jieun's true background, and that her family is after richness.  Will he like this type of girl who lies and pretending to be rich?  However, Jieun has shown her nice side too which Hyun Woo may like.  I guess he prefers to see Jieun being her real self rather than having all lies covering her sweetness and kindess.

Not forgetting... How will Jieun react when she finds out about Hyun Woo being a rich man's son?  Will she change her target towards Hyun Woo then?  I would prefer that she likes Hyun Woo before she finds out about his true identity.  Because like Sang Yeob, Hyun Woo will surely doubt her love for him. 

I would prefer that Hyun Woo has a girlfriend or some girls going after him, just to make Jieun jealous and confused.  This will in turn make Sang Yeob jealous and anxious towards her.  Jieun will then think carefully who she really likes - Sang Yeob or Hyun Woo.  In the meantime, she only treats Hyun Woo as her friend, her house talent who lives above her.  To think that the condo she and her mother have been using as therir home in order to trick Sang Yeob, actually belongs to Hyun Woo, will definitely shock them speechless.

Oh well, still waiting how thing goes among them...

Viktoria, while you are rooting for Hyun Woo, I'm rooting for Sang Yeob for Jieun's love.  YES!   ^_^

I am gonna be rooting for Hyunwoo because he is the reason i started to watch this sitcom^^

About Sangyeob, i don't find anything special about him..hmm

yes this show needs more viewers because its better than many sitcoms out there imo

i wish i could help to sub but my university assignments doesn't allow me the time -_- Every week i have to write more than 5 page paper for three different classes! and pinkberry i don't even wanna start with the number of readings! UGH fml college sucks

yet still manage to catch up with my fav sitcoms lol

Guest RKDGirl

Can someone give me a quick break down of the show thus far. I'm curious about the three stooges (the doctor, comic artist, comic writer) [i still don't know how Moo Sung managed to get out of stuffing Woo Hyeon & Sang Hoon in a suitcase and not getting some kind of karmic vengeance brought down upon him (I have much to learn from him)] and the 'love triangle' between Sang Yeob, Ji Eun, and Hyun Woo - well the way I'm looking at it [Ji Eun is obviously ensnared in Ji Ein's 'charms' but at the same time Hyun Woo is acting like an older brother/smitten puppy dog].

Umm.. you sound pretty up-to-date with the show to me :unsure::lol:

But I am SO. HAPPY. Ji Eun has gotten her head together...for the most part.

Her situation was driving me insane (mostly because I've experienced it too -_-)

@bonds: Thank you for your enthusiasm! I guess I will go with the 'subtitle-file only' root then ^_^

I've downloaded so many different rips, but I try to find/keep Spider rips.. but a few weeks ago I've started to dl 720p-TOP rips, and they are surprisingly better than Spider's. And for the newest episode, I dl-ed 720p-KOR, and it's also excellent.

But even if we all have different rips, re-syncing subs is pretty easy! If you use GOM Player, it has the option to re-sync subs for you..

I used to fansub a few years ago, so I'm extremely rusty...which means it will probably take me a long time to get started :( But I will keep everyone up-to-date on my progress! (and of course when I eventually release the subs!)

thank you for the links semifly!

i have a question about today's episode...

what was the song that was playing on the radio when Hye-Ja and her sister were talking?

I know it had something about feeling like they were shot "총 맞인겉처럼" and "하나만 뭇자해서"

it was sung by a man... I really like the song but I can't seem to find it...

please anwer <3

oh, and Ji-Eun needs to realize how awesome HW is already!

Archived