[Drama 2012] Wild Romance 난폭한 로맨스

melkimx

I totally agree with you about those two points.

MY never got nervewrecked about EJ in danger or something. Sure she is a strong person but why doesn't he care about her when she's bleeding from the fight with DS? She's still a girl and no invulnerable Hulk. I really wish He'd shown more concern and caring towards her.

And I also wanted to see some everyday stuff with EJ and MY. It could have been so funny to watch them cook together or taking a walk holding hands. It's almost as the writers or whoever didn't have enough confidence of showing only the two main leads doing daily stuff together. But that exactly is what we fans really wanted to see.

I really love this drama but I'm sad about all those chances given away.And I'm sad that it's already over. I'm going to miss EJ so bad.

Yeah, that is what disappointed me as well. This is still a good drama, no doubt about it and better than most romcoms that one gets to see. Still, this could have been a much better drama if those chances, as u said, had not been given away. In the last episode, they gave us the regular stuff that happens between the leads in a typical rom-com. I too, like couchpotato, was reminded about YAB. Misunderstanding n then a resolution! But from WR, I expected more n there lies the disappointment. When I look back at WR, one of the most beautiful moments for me was the 'band aid scene' since MY did for me there something not typical of k-drama heroes. The budding friendship  between them was so refreshing to see. For me, after the KJH track started, things kind of went the old k-drama route again and thus we have an ending which is good compared to many other dramas, but looking at the initial promise of this drama, not good enough for me.

I am happy with the stalker track and with almost all the side characters. I admire the script writer for fleshing out all the side characters. I love Reporter Go and the actor who plays him. The barboy was also another wonderfully complex character. Loved Kevin Chang and EJ's dad n bro as well. The friendship between DS-MY was also one of the most realistic male friendships I have seen on k-drama screen. Unfortunately SY as a character was made confusing by the end and there I felt the writer could have done a better job.

Dong Ah's and Manager Kim's love story was really refreshing to watch and I am so glad the writer made their characters consistent until the end. Also glad that the rumours about Manager Kim falling for EJ didn't materialise. In a way, not having a third wheel, helped their story remain interesting till the end and also gave a chance for both the characters to grow. Actually such a couple deserve a drama of their own and I hope different female characters like Dong Ah get written in the future as well. Really loved both of them and sometimes I feel somebody should cut all their parts in WR and put them together.

I also now understand that 9 out of 10 times in k-dramas, if the girl falls for the guy with an ex around, it doesn't bode well for a viewer like me who wants both the characters to grow in love. I also feel that if the typical second female lead/ex is taken away, the script writers will also be forced to think of new things rather than take us through the same route again. This would have especially benefitted a drama like WR which had an equally complicated stalker track running along.

Now will wait for the subs. I had a great time watching WR, discovering the amazing actress LSY and again falling for the charms of LDW. This was a drama with an absolutely amazing cast and kudos to almost all of them. Lee Bo Hee was absolutely amazing as imo and like someone said before, I too admire them for bringing in the issue of lonely older women through imo.

To the credit of WR team, they showed the others that different tracks like a stalker track can add to a k-drama n a comparatively credible stalker track at that. In that way, this is not the run of the mill rom-com and I would recommend this drama just based on that. But the romantic track went the predictable route for me midway and that remains a major disappointment.

I hope this drama helps with the careers of all the actors involved and really hope that we get to see LSY-LDW again. Hope KDH and IJE also get paired together again, this time as the main leads. Loved being on this thread and was amazing to take part in all the love the international audience gave a korean drama which unfortunately never got the ratings it deserved.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The robot love story reminds me of My Girl. Robot as EunChan(not sure if this is LDW's name there) and Dong Ah as jae RIn(LDH) hahahaha

LDW character is mostly played in a boss manner, the usual rich, upright, cool, SERIOUS)

LDW being the wild and funny PaKK Muyeol is a first time! And this is my fave LDW! 

I am looking forward to his new drama. And Lee Si Yeong too, I wish they'll starr again together in another drama

loved their chemistry! LSY is so pretty! kyaaaa even though she had her hair cut that way

Dong Ah looked like Park Shin Hye right? Who noticed that too? :)

Guest alicechen

Wild Romance is our 50th Completed Project!

Download links here (before pipo gets to it again).

My friends and I have concluded that the PD is a SNSD's fan. Even in the end, she gets the CPR kiss too. :phew:

Despite what anyone says , i loved this show . LDW and LSY did an amazing job portraying the leads , aswell as the other wonderful actors and actresses on the show. The show was full of fun and sadness , loved the mystery and the suspence. Although we didnt get more then one kiss, still even without you can see how much they love/like each other . Im really sad its ended , sincerly hope that both LDW and LSY do another drama tougether. Thanx to all that posted with spoilers and updates, its great to see everyone stuck to the show eventhough it had low rating ,on that note even the dramas with low rates turn out to be popular . Saranghae LDW and LSY :D

Guest joinsung4ever

Ooohh... its end finally. This drama is simple but so sweet. I am happy with the ending.

The kiss is enough for me. simple sweet kiss :wub: .

The passionate kiss let it be for the robot man :P

I love the pairing, the all three pairings.

Hope to see another LDW and LSY' together drama in the future

I just finished watching the partially subbed version of Wild Romance on viki.  I think that once it is fully subbed, the last episode won't be so disappointing.  I think it is the lack of understanding of what is happening that made a lot of Soompi's readers disappointed with episode.  And though there is a lack of skinship and probably too much emphasis on tying up loose ends of secondary characters, I think that the OTP had significant screen time with each other.  It could have been much worse.

ohhh!! what should be said? the show ends and today I wanted more and more.

I feel my heart is missing in somewhere because I couldn't get what I really wanted but it doesn't mean I'm not happy with the drama. for instance, I'm a bit sad because we had to be content with only one but sweet kissing scene.

MY love and his way of EJ's choice was really meaningful and romantic. EJ made him love her deeply. his re-confess was so sweet. all the girls melt with such words.

generally my feeling about the show is good but especially in the last weeks I got nervous because of JH and stalker issues. my first reason to watch the show was that it was so enjoyable and funny especially MY/EJ interactions. even though I got dissapointed in some ways during the show, there were also new and exciting elements if we compare to common rom-com dramas. two leads acting and matching was satisfactory for me (I wish I could see more romantic skinship). so in the ending, I loved seeing both characters' big smile because both of them are shining when they are smiling.

I want to thank all WR viewers who shared opinions, pics, videos, etc. it was also enjoyable to share my opinion with you guys.

XO XO

I totally agree with you about those two points.

MY never got nervewrecked about EJ in danger or something. Sure she is a strong person but why doesn't he care about her when she's bleeding from the fight with DS? She's still a girl and no invulnerable Hulk. I really wish He'd shown more concern and caring towards her.

And I also wanted to see some everyday stuff with EJ and MY. It could have been so funny to watch them cook together or taking a walk holding hands. It's almost as the writers or whoever didn't have enough confidence of showing only the two main leads doing daily stuff together. But that exactly is what we fans really wanted to see.

I really love this drama but I'm sad about all those chances given away.And I'm sad that it's already over. I'm going to miss EJ so bad. :unsure:

yes, EJ was hurt, but was what MY was going through not worse? The betrayal by his hyung, who was even prepared to kill him.....for what?

I am sorry but I don't understand why so many people is disappointed, it was so nice, and light and fun and all of the loose ends were tied in a nice and warm way... I don't get the obsession that many people have that every single drama has to finish with the main couple having kids, they met less than a year and they went through so much, besides kids don't mean happiness, this was a really nice ending and I enjoy it twice already. It came full circle. I love her dad and the relationship that they had it wasn't a typical Korean family she wasn't as if she was the maid of the house just because she was the only female, for once I got to see guys do some chores and cook and serve food to a girl on a korean drama, it might be the sign that modern times are getting there too... Out of all the episodes this is the one I want to watch again, EJ didn't made her typical faces that were getting on my nerves and he wasn't the way he was, and it ended the way I thought, with the game between the rivals but I thought the fight and the fact that they made her choose sides was going to be at her house but it was at the stadium which was better.

Guest incarnadine

omg this BTS is so cute!!!! LDW & LSY are so cute together! i have no idea what they are saying but whatever. lol.  yes count me as a real life shipper! *quoted image*

BTS video

is it on viki or anywhere else? i'd love to see it! i've been reading more on LSY since watching WR and i love how she's so honest about her PS (cause let's be honest, who hasn't had some PS done in kdrama land) and straightforward in general. and i think its so cool that she's a real amateur boxer and seems really strong despite being so tiny. i think she has a terrific body too! i hope she gets more lead roles even though the ratings weren't so good for this one.

I love love this BTS clip! Did y'all see in the end (during the last few seconds) when Wookie (as himself, not as MY) affetionately ruffled LSY's (not as EJ) hair and but his arm around her shoulder as they walked out. I don't know whether to squee or not :D I like their interaction together, they seem to be playful and comfortable around each other. Probably like brother-sister. And Wookie kept on giving LSY pointers on how to execute her action scenes -- dude, the girl's an amateur boxing champ, I think she can handle the action :P

regarding JJ and LSY's WGM episodes, it's unfortunate that YT took them all down. They were all english-subbed. Fortunately, I was able to download them before :D I'll upload them one of these days and share the link to anyone who's interested.

After rewatching the finale this morning, I really like it. The whole drama flows wildfully wonderful. And the sweet ending is the cherry on top. :D What matters is that they are together in the end.

I've terribly enjoyed my wild stay here. Thanks to all chinggus for the your thoughts, comments, spoilers, links and updates.

LSY is in my list. I'm half way through in Birth of the Rich Man loving her as Bu Tae Hee. She is so hilarious.

Till me meet again chinggus in the next rom-com. :D

Guest asianromance

Loved the last episode. I know some people are upset that the most of the episode didn't focus on MY and EJ being lovey dovey, but I really like how they wrapped things up. What made me really like WR is the ensemble feel. I hate it when dramas focus on the OTP and make everyone really one-dimensional. None of the characters here were really all that annoying and you were made to feel for all the secondary and tertiary characters -even the villains were layered- so it's nice to see the good side characters happy. I was smiling for the whole last 20-30 minutes!

The only thing that really didn't sit right with me is that I'm not sure if PMY knew Manager Kim was right behind him to save JH. I know EJ is his love, but I thought the more noble and maybe more realistic thing was to drag EJ out of the water first and then hurry and dive back in for JH- and THEN uncover both their heads- because a life is still a life even if you're not in love with one of them anymore. But then again, if we're talking realism, then MY would have ran around the pool and then dive instead of swimming that distance. And if we're talking fantasy, I would have MY shove that ahjumma into the pool.

I am a bit sad that JH and EJ didn't get to say bye to each other. These girls had great chemistry with each other. sort of hope they will get to play sisters in another drama one day. I didn't like JH much because the JH+MY scenes were soul-suckingly tedious, but JH and EJ scenes were awesome even when they weren't getting along.

Reflecting more on this drama, I also thought it was great and interesting that the couples were of people with similar personalities. MY and EJ and DA and the Manager. Usually in rom-coms they try the whole opposites attract thing - which is a sure and somewhat lazy way to stir up chemistry. But these like-minded couples manage to have great chemistry anyways.

So, did YSY really died?!

I feel like he didn't or else there would be a more recent framed pic of him in the room- like the ones they have wakes and funerals. And the theme of the ending seem to be of all the other villains finding happiness and moving on the right path. Even that creepy guy who was the bf of that actress girl is now all cleaned up and approachable. I think he's probably off studying somewhere. Maybe it's me being optimistic!

The only thing that really didn't sit right with me is that I'm not sure if PMY knew Manager Kim was right behind him to save JH. I know EJ is his love, but I thought the more noble and maybe more realistic thing was to drag EJ out of the water first and then hurry and dive back in for JH- and THEN uncover both their heads- because a life is still a life even if you're not in love with one of them anymore. But then again, if we're talking realism, then MY would have ran around the pool and then dive instead of swimming that distance. And if we're talking fantasy, I would have MY shove that ahjumma into the pool.

I am sorry to cut your post short, I believe he knew someone was behind him cause he called them and they were in the same building just that they were in the basement and he was already in the up floors, and I don't think that he ran around because he got so scare when he saw the two girls being thrown into the pool and about the uncovering of the faces he tells EJ that at that moment he could only think about her so he wanted to see that she was fine before doing anything else, once she lifted her head he moved to see JH, I think it was more a matter of instinct and not a thought.

i loved this drama that it did have more storylines going for it BUT this finale was our worst nightmare!

-dragged out the misunderstanding about him saving JH vs EJ

-only 1 main kiss

-focusing on secondary characters more than OPT

-not a real good full out scene with EJ introducing MY as her man to her dad and bro

i'm sorry but WGAF about reporter go interviewing that ajumma about the stalker? seriously? i mean if we had 2 extra eps i think it's fine to tie up all the loose ends but its the last ep, can we have some priorities???? i'm watching the ep and kept looking at the time and getting more and more mad that time was running out and we hadn't seen the kiss scene yet. UGH so annoyed! i loved their chemistry together and while i enjoyed them at the beginning i wish they could have devoted more than 20 min to the romance side. so frustrating cause i love this drama as a whole otherwise.

i feel like it would have been perfect with 2 or even just 1 extra episode extension.

*sigh* oh well!

Guest Missbcyang

Lurker here! :)

I am so sad that this drama ended! I'm going to miss Eun Jae, she was the best kind of herione! :)

The  bad  thing I have to say about this ending is about Dong Soo and his wife. For two people who are supposedly in love, they know absolutely nothing about each other besides the fact that he's a baseball player and she use to paint. I was just sooooo frustrated with their story. I had thought at the beginning that maybe they had learn to share their ups and downs with one another. I mean c'mon they're married with a child! How can they not talk to each other??? >.<

Also, why did they even show blackmail chic in this episode? 

Don't think I've ever posted in this thread, but just wanted to say I was so sad to let Wild Romance go.

It's been a crazy 8 weeks. I soooooo loved the last scene of the ending. It's hilarious, but also so true to Eunjae and Mooyeol. After the romantic kiss, I was so glad that we were back to being playful. It's what I love about the couple, their natural and easy dynamic.

Also, I was about to die when Dongah waltzed in, in full Hanbok regalia, ready to indulge Rep Kim's fantasies, lol. Nothing can stop her, seriously.

Gahhh, I'm so gonna miss the drama. The Kevin Jang, the cray Ahjumma, the sweet Dongsoo/Sooyoung family, Eunjae's lovesick Dad, and most definitely, the best supporting character so far, Reporter Go.

Guest incarnadine

shelbyrafitri!!! I just saw your post on tumblr on the dialogue between MY and EJ while playing catch. Awwwwww :wub: Could you perhaps share it here?