[Drama 2012] Wild Romance 난폭한 로맨스

melkimx

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its too bad they didn't show the scene b/w MY and JH explaining why he saved EJ in her clothing. talk about awkward. LOL. um so ya i didn't really save you cause i love the other girl more.

i'm in WR withdrawal and still feel sad we didn't see more couple-y moments. they barely showed them together in the end of the series. i get the ratings were low but why wouldn't the writers try to satisfy us loyal fans with more romantic scenes?

i don't know, i find in general all the dramas i'm watching lately start out great and by the middle latter half all turn disappointing. either too much angst (SOAW), trainwreck (spy myul wol) or skimping on couple moments (WR). or just plain stupid like lie to me. can anyone rec a good rom-com drama for me? i've never seen My Girl, should i? i'm more of a recent wookie fan after SOAW and WR so i never saw the earlier stuff!

Guest shondrea2

its too bad they didn't show the scene b/w MY and JH explaining why he saved EJ in her clothing. talk about awkward. LOL. um so ya i didn't really save you cause i love the other girl more.

i'm in WR withdrawal and still feel sad we didn't see more couple-y moments. they barely showed them together in the end of the series. i get the ratings were low but why wouldn't the writers try to satisfy us loyal fans with more romantic scenes?

i don't know, i find in general all the dramas i'm watching lately start out great and by the middle latter half all turn disappointing. either too much angst (SOAW), trainwreck (spy myul wol) or skimping on couple moments (WR). or just plain stupid like lie to me. can anyone rec a good rom-com drama for me? i've never seen My Girl, should i? i'm more of a recent wookie fan after SOAW and WR so i never saw the earlier stuff!

HI. I don't know about  rom -com.  But if you haven't seen Goong already and Coffee Prince give them a try. Goong is my all time favorite.

I saw on youtube that Lee Dong Wook and Lee Si Young is dating in real life.

Seeing that scene you talked about would have been interesting.  He would have had a good, honest way to say it, and JH, knowing him, would understand.

I am in WR withdrawal, too.  I'll miss watching it and spazzing with you all during its run.  Really enjoyed it, despite some flaws (like not enough couple-y moments, like you said).  The actors - all of them - did a stand up job.  Not your typical rom-com, but that made it interesting.  Hope we can continue to meet here from time to time and talk about it despite the fact that its run has ended.

I'm curious to hear kdrama recommendations as well.  Was thinking about SOAW for to watch the LDW man, but it's saddish, isn't it?  I'm so stuck on happily-ever-after stuff, but I'll take some angst with the happiness.  And yes, I would recommend My Girl for Wookie and the drama as a whole, though the female lead kind of irritated me at first.  You will miss his funny side, though, 'cause I truly enjoyed his ability to make me laugh in WR.

Leaving you with a favorite part...   The internet chatroom cut-downs between MY and EJ that flashed on our screens and the physical receiving and sending of them.  Bravo to the person(s) behind the idea, our wonderful OTP and their priceless execution of it!

Finally I just finished watching the final episode with subs, and it gives me more meaning because I finally understand it rather that watching it raw. When I saw EJ crying when she was doubting MY I feel like cryi

ng already with her especially when they had their first LQ, and now that I have seen it with subs, I really cried with her. Those scenes really move my heart. Both actors did a great fantastic job in this series. But sorry to Jessica's fans but she still need more acting classes, because when they finally said goodbye to each other, she suppose to feel regret but her expression never changes! :crazy:

anyway I LOL when I read what is written in EJ card when she was waiting at the airport.....hahaha! and I felt warm and good inside when MY finally confess to her that he really love her and he knew it from that start why he chosen her at the pool, and the reason why he didn't call her for a month. Now I understand why he did not treat her like JH, because EJ is completely different from JH. EJ always keeps her feeling bottled up, remembers what happened in Japan when she got suspicious? that is her biggest flaw, that why the scene where they were catching the cat, she told MY that she is more difficult to handle. Soft taking or pursuing her will not work on her, and MY doesn't know what to do, maybe just keep constant monitoring her by communicating with her boss, that's why at the end Kelvin will move to a better office, maybe it was part of their deal together. So you see, EJ is quite expensive! hahaha! but its great that MY wanted to clear everything up as soon he came from that camp, that means that he really missed her that he almost died.

One more thing I love it when MY invited her to come with him in training, LOL! so many things came to my mind hehehe, good thing he came to his senses when EJ threat her that seagull will get the title this year. LOL!

@shondrea2 : what do you mean that LSY and LDW dating in real life? maybe that is the idol scandal clip that you are talking about?

Guest shondrea2

Finally I just finished watching the final episode with subs, and it gives me more meaning because I finally understand it rather that watching it raw. When I saw EJ crying when she was doubting MY I feel like cryi

ng already with her especially when they had their first LQ, and now that I have seen it with subs, I really cried with her. Those scenes really move my heart. Both actors did a great fantastic job in this series. But sorry to Jessica's fans but she still need more acting classes, because when they finally said goodbye to each other, she suppose to feel regret but her expression never changes! :crazy:

anyway I LOL when I read what is written in EJ card when she was waiting at the airport.....hahaha! and I felt warm and good inside when MY finally confess to her that he really love her and he knew it from that start why he chosen her at the pool, and the reason why he didn't call her for a month. Now I understand why he did not treat her like JH, because EJ is completely different from JH. EJ always keeps her feeling bottled up, remembers what happened in Japan when she got suspicious? that is her biggest flaw, that why the scene where they were catching the cat, she told MY that she is more difficult to handle. Soft taking or pursuing her will not work on her, and MY doesn't know what to do, maybe just keep constant monitoring her by communicating with her boss, that's why at the end Kelvin will move to a better office, maybe it was part of their deal together. So you see, EJ is quite expensive! hahaha! but its great that MY wanted to clear everything up as soon he came from that camp, that means that he really missed her that he almost died.

One more thing I love it when MY invited her to come with him in training, LOL! so many things came to my mind hehehe, good thing he came to his senses when EJ threat her that seagull will get the title this year. LOL!

@shondrea2 : what do you mean that LSY and LDW dating in real life? maybe that is the idol scandal clip that you are talking about?

Yes that's what I saw . But I remember when SOAW aired there were clips shown here on SOAW thread that LDW had his fortune read the physic told him he was gonna meet the woman of his dreams or something of the sort in Dec 2011 and she was gonna have big eyes and LSY has big eyes. Who knows maybe she is the one.

Guest missy_k

Seeing that scene you talked about would have been interesting.  He would have had a good, honest way to say it, and JH, knowing him, would understand.

I am in WR withdrawal, too.  I'll miss watching it and spazzing with you all during its run.  Really enjoyed it, despite some flaws (like not enough couple-y moments, like you said).  The actors - all of them - did a stand up job.  Not your typical rom-com, but that made it interesting.  Hope we can continue to meet here from time to time and talk about it despite the fact that its run has ended.

I'm curious to hear kdrama recommendations as well.  Was thinking about SOAW for to watch the LDW man, but it's saddish, isn't it?  I'm so stuck on happily-ever-after stuff, but I'll take some angst with the happiness.  And yes, I would recommend My Girl for Wookie and the drama as a whole, though the female lead kind of irritated me at first.  You will miss his funny side, though, 'cause I truly enjoyed his ability to make me laugh in WR.

Leaving you with a favorite part...   The internet chatroom cut-downs between MY and EJ that flashed on our screens and the physical receiving and sending of them.  Bravo to the person(s) behind the idea, our wonderful OTP and their priceless execution of it!

Omlady, go watch SOAW, you WON'T regret it!!!! I'm still missing SOAW till today, and now it'll be even worse with WR :(

Guest donnapie

Yes that's what I saw . But I remember when SOAW aired there were clips shown here on SOAW thread that LDW had his fortune read the physic told him he was gonna meet the woman of his dreams or something of the sort in Dec 2011 and she was gonna have big eyes and LSY has big eyes. Who knows maybe she is the one.

Just a correction, there was no part in the video where the fortune teller said she has big eyes.  

Wookie just told him that he'd be 31 by the time he meets the girl and the fortune teller said that they would be really close and that  she will be worth the wait. :)

really? well that is good then, LSY is an open honest person, I remembered her WGM days that she developed her feelings to her partner, but sadly to say they ended up so soon, anyway maybe they're not really meant to be, but when I was watching BTS of WR especially the part when LDW is teaching her action scene I can't help but to feel that they have something special going on between them, well I don't want to assume but still at least there is no harm in thinking that way right?

edit: gals I been wanting to asked this, but I wonder what happened to MY's teammate that has a crush on EJ? they showed all the minor charcter but why they didn't they showed him? I was waiting for his reaction when he finally knows that MY and EJ are dating. hehehe! so naughty:w00t:

Does anyone know the name of the song that starts around 4.56 in this video? It's not on the OST, and I can't find any info on it anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXYtqhxwPmM

Yes, I'm searching this bit, too. This irishish sound is so catchy. :sweatingbullets: Is there anyone who can help us where to find it?

It's nice to see that the thread is still alive eventhough WR ended. :)

I like the thought of Wookie and LSY dating but I don't really think it's true. Wasn't he dating his SOAW-co-star? They always seemed so close.

Yes, I'm searching this bit, too. This irishish sound is so catchy. :sweatingbullets: Is there anyone who can help us where to find it?

It's nice to see that the thread is still alive eventhough WR ended. :)

I like the thought of Wookie and LSY dating but I don't really think it's true. Wasn't he dating his SOAW-co-star? They always seemed so close.

yes, the dating his SOAW-co-star

Guest PBaddict

It's been a crazy week at work for me so I only got around to watch the finale now with subs... and I can't even count how many times I rewatched the OTP moments of this weeks epis both sad and happy ones... I need my WR fix so I'll probably watch the series over again soon.  

At first I was disappointed a little with the finishing epi cause of the lack of screentime for our OTP but after watching it again I have to say I'm surprised how content I am with what I saw. :w00t: Well.... it all could have gone a bit more wild on the romance part for both the Robo and the Wild couple, but I guess it's all left to my imagination how much trouble these 4  could stir up in each other's lives while dating, bickering and role-playing (Kim Tae Han should prepare a whole arsenal of costumes I assume... I would have love to see him as Iron man though... :lol::wub:), I can't imagine these couples being boring not even in the future.

Back to the finale: I loved the hug in the hospital lobby... ( EJ still teased him about his intelligence level though, It cracked me up when MY complained he has no time to think EJ mocked him that he pretends as if he was thinking all the time.. you go, girl :D). Or when he called her out secretly (to avoid the daddy/bro protective squad) on the day of her discharge from the hospital to tell her about the spring training and even jokingly ask her to go with him. Actually the ex said it right... Mu Yeol thinks that everybody thinks like him... that is his problem. He didn't get how EJ felt really insecure about the ex all this time comparing herself with his first love. And he thought no matter what he says he won't be able to convince her... so he gave her time. (Btw, I loved how he confessed very loudly even though EJ's family was there eavesdropping. ^_^) Well as much as I wanted to see him desperately doing anything and everything for changing my EJ's mind, I have to say it was all on EJ to sort out her issues... and most importantly to  NOT let crazy psycho master manipulator stalker Imo's words get to her any longer. I am glad the Imo didn't get what she wanted: a lonely, miserable MY who has no one to trust, and love him completely. 

Robot couple's storyline was kind of fulfilling too, DA got jealous for the first time, when she found a hair on TaeHan's shoulder... which turn out to be actually hers... from what happened a little while ago... khmmm anyone else's mind running wild on what could they have done to get that hair on there? :phew: They must have been very close to each other to do that... Aaaaand the silk hanbok fantasy came true for TaeHan too... DA's teasing request for him to dress up like a robot and imitation how she thought he would move like a robot when she first saw him... :D so funny I could cry... and finally all is resolved with TaeHan saying he is not what she thinks he is and taking DA's hand into his... Aaaaawww.  :wub:

Finally, the making up/confession/ kiss scene: WAS DAEBAK!!! So sweet, and Wild couple-ish. EJ cleared her mind and got her answer, MY confessed how he almost died he missed her so much and that he wants her to ask him right away if she's curious about sg. Tying her shoelace and answering how much he loves her, followed by the 2 short and 2 longer kisses, it was just the sweetest thing EVER.  However,  I would have been disappointed if they did not show us the SEAGULLs vs Dreamers dilemma of EJ... :w00t: She resolved it quite well, huh? MY has never been happier I guess.  In my mind they spend their days bickering still but loving each other completely...  It would have been fun to see MY getting jealous though... I guess he cannot hide her from the nice teammate who has a crush on her but I'm sure as hell he would try...  I hope to see them together in something else sometime in the future, it would also be great to see LDW getting another comedic role, LSY too. I miss them already really very much. blush.gif

EDIT:  I've been trying to search for LSY's WGM episodes with engsubs but I only found some and without subs... If anyone finds them all please share it with me! Thank you!!!

though i'd expected the ending to be a bit better & different than what they gave us, i'm still satisfied with how the drama came to an end. i was smiling like an idiot all the while when he kneel down & told her he likes her while tying her shoe laces <33 i thought that was really sweet & esp. when he kissed her, once, twice, then again ^____^v the ending is probably the cutest one i've seen, idky but yeah.. it was funny how her family made her choose which side to sit at to cheer on for & the robot couple was being all cutesy with their lovey-dovey actions haha

though the aunt was being a little creep, doing all that, i sort of feel sorry for her cuz she did that out of love though it was wrong and disgusted cuz of the age-gap. but oh well, i'm glad she got arrested for her wrongdoings while everyone else is back on their normal lives, living happily. at the ending, i thought it cute how MY couldnt find her in the crowds from either side, then he ended up seeing her on the red side w/ the blue vest and the red one beneath it kekeke shoo naughty & cute of EJ. there are too many things to say about this ep & the whole drama in general but overall, i gotta say this is one of the best comedy dramas i've seen. my #1 girl crush, jessica jung was pretty good at acting too, gotta give her some credits cuz this is actually one of her very first roles in a drama! =] the robot couple though may be awkward but omg, they're like the cutest thing ever!!! <33 they made me laugh & go 'aww' all the times throughout the whole scene w/ them in it haha i wish they'd give us some more scenes of our main couple MY&EJ in the last ep, to make up for those lack of their interactions in the other eps but at least the ended the drama w/ them being all cute & lovey dovey haha <3

Guest hitgirl

Ahh I've been so busy that I didn't get to watched the whole episode even raw version that I downloaded. But I'm sure gonna be seeing some of you guys in some threads of LSY's new project blush.gif Gaaahhh I'm missing Yoo Eun Jae right now :wub: :wub:

Does anyone know the name of the song that starts around 4.56 in this video? It's not on the OST, and I can't find any info on it anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXYtqhxwPmM

It would be great if they could include this to OST. I'm Turkish and It resembles our music a lot. Like this one. It was one of the reasons why the drama captivated me from its first episode.

Seeing that scene you talked about would have been interesting. He would have had a good, honest way to say it, and JH, knowing him, would understand.

I am in WR withdrawal, too. I'll miss watching it and spazzing with you all during its run. Really enjoyed it, despite some flaws (like not enough couple-y moments, like you said). The actors - all of them - did a stand up job. Not your typical rom-com, but that made it interesting. Hope we can continue to meet here from time to time and talk about it despite the fact that its run has ended.

I'm curious to hear kdrama recommendations as well. Was thinking about SOAW for to watch the LDW man, but it's saddish, isn't it? I'm so stuck on happily-ever-after stuff, but I'll take some angst with the happiness. And yes, I would recommend My Girl for Wookie and the drama as a whole, though the female lead kind of irritated me at first. You will miss his funny side, though, 'cause I truly enjoyed his ability to make me laugh in WR.

Leaving you with a favorite part... The internet chatroom cut-downs between MY and EJ that flashed on our screens and the physical receiving and sending of them. Bravo to the person(s) behind the idea, our wonderful OTP and their priceless execution of it!

omg i loved that part! that was also a part of the drama that i felt was lacking in the end. i wanted to see more of other ppl's reaction to their relationship. like her admitting to her internet chat room haters that she's now dating MY. LOL. and of course seeing more of her dad's acceptance of their relationship or those interactions. plus seeing the media's reaction since their situation was well publicized before. but i guess they chose to focus the whole drama more on the stalker issue which was annoying. don't get me wrong i liked that there were more elements to this drama than JUST the romance part (like in lie to me) but they were too overwhelming.

SOAW was great but i CRIED like crazy during the middle later eps. its not my fav drama cause of the middle later eps but overall i would recommend it. i'm a big KSA fan and she had great chemistry with LDW. plus wookie was SUPER fine in that drama. his body was DAEBAK. lol. i think he's lost a bit of muscle and weight since in WR.

Everytime a drama finishes we start with the wishful thinking that the two lead actors or the couples that we like that they continue their relationship beyond the small screen, but that is just our mourning for the drama that just finishes and we forget this people are just like us and sometimes people fall in love and sometimes they don't, is not as if you go falling for the first friend with whom you have a great chemistry because who knows what it is what makes us fall for someone, this reminds me of something a friend that studies theater at nyu told me, he said that one of his drama professors told him that when two actors have great chemistry on the screen or there is a lot of sexual tension between them there is where the director takes advantage and put a lot of romantic scenes because that tension transforms on the screen and gets to people but if there is no tension either the two actors know each other well, are close friends or they have or are having or even had some type of relationship in the past so the magic is gone, and if there is no magic between them is because they simply don't like each other on a personal level and can't hide or act as if they like each other. He said that is the main reason why actors or actresses don't like to act with the same partner for more than two romantic movies because then their acting would not make people believe they are people falling in love. Have you noticed that when you watch a good show on tv where they have two charactes that you wish were together and you wish it forever (House and Cuddy for example), once they are together the show gets boring, so one of them leaves or they break up, (again house's example, she left the show lost ratings), It could happen maybe but it is really rare...

Everytime a drama finishes we start with the wishful thinking that the two lead actors or the couples that we like that they continue their relationship beyond the small screen, but that is just our mourning for the drama that just finishes and we forget this people are just like us and sometimes people fall in love and sometimes they don't, is not as if you go falling for the first friend with whom you have a great chemistry because who knows what it is what makes us fall for someone, this reminds me of  something a friend that studies theater at nyu told me, he said that one of his drama professors told him that when two actors have great chemistry on the screen or there is a lot of sexual tension between them there is where the director takes advantage and put a lot of romantic scenes because that tension transforms on the screen and gets to people but if there is no tension either the two actors know each other well, are close friends or they have or are having or even had some type of relationship in the past so the magic is gone, and if there is no magic between them is because they simply don't like each other on a personal level and can't hide or act as if they like each other.  He said that is the main reason why actors or actresses don't like to act with the same partner for more than two romantic movies because then their acting would not make people believe they are people falling in love.  Have you noticed that when you watch a good show on tv where they have two charactes that you wish were together and you wish it forever (House and Cuddy for example), once they are together the show gets boring, so one of them leaves or they break up, (again house's example, she left the show lost ratings), It could happen maybe but it is really rare...

Good point. But you know, since I took acting classes in NYU as a undergrad, I have to remind you that their acting classes are more geared to theater performances since theater is considered as the basis of acting. But theater is a completely different platform than TV acting and also movie performance. Also, since you mention House, the system of American TV production is completely different from that of Korean TV production, the latter of which has crazy live-shooting schedule.All the staff and actors spend almost 24/7 together for the consecutive 3 months, if not more. They also shoulder the pressure from ratings *together* while shooting. This is the reason why we often heard stories of Korean stars acting in the same drama end up dating in real life. But it's not a common among American TV stars.

But I agree with you that our wish to ship the romantic pairings in a drama is our reluctance to let go. But one thing for sure is that Lee Shi-young and Lee Dong Wook have had a great rapport in all the BTS, and they bring the best of each other. I never understood why javabeans and girlfriday, (and a lot of my Korean friends) love Lee Shi-young to pieces, especially given that she actually is rather a late comer. But after watching WR,Birth of the Riches, We Got Married at the same time, I am also having a this girl crush on LSY.:wub: Yes, her acting might not be the best. But she just exudes so much positive and winning energy on the screen and it's so contagious that it is hard not to fall in love with her. No wonder Jessica can only act naturally when she appears together with LSY, not even without other female actors in WR. I just hope that LSY and Wookie can become buddies, because that's what I feel when I watch their BTS and press conference. During the press conference, LDW also couldn't stop teasing LSY, saying that "now we have finished shooting episode 4,but so far I still haven't seen a "normal" expression from LSY." And LSY was all embarrassed and shy. HAHA

I will say more about my feeling about WR when I get more time. I am glad that at least this drama receives a lot of positive reviews in Korea despite the dismal rating.

Guest incarnadine

Good point. But you know, since I took acting classes in NYU as a undergrad, I have to remind you that their acting classes are more geared to theater performances since theater is considered as the basis of acting. But theater is a completely different platform than TV acting and also movie performance. Also, since you mention House, the system of American TV production is completely different from that of Korean TV production, the latter of which has crazy live-shooting schedule.All the staff and actors spend almost 24/7 together for the consecutive 3 months, if not more. They also shoulder the pressure from ratings *together* while shooting. This is the reason why we often heard stories of Korean stars acting in the same drama end up dating in real life. But it's not a common among American TV stars.

But I agree with you that our wish to ship the romantic pairings in a drama is our reluctance to let go. But one thing for sure is that Lee Shi-young and Lee Dong Wook have had a great rapport in all the BTS, and they bring the best of each other. I never understood why javabeans and girlfriday, (and a lot of my Korean friends) love Lee Shi-young to pieces, especially given that she actually is rather a late comer. But after watching WR,Birth of the Riches, We Got Married at the same time, I am also having a this girl crush on LSY.:wub: Yes, her acting might not be the best. But she just exudes so much positive and winning energy on the screen and it's so contagious that it is hard not to fall in love with her. No wonder Jessica can only act naturally when she appears together with LSY, not even without other female actors in WR. I just hope that LSY and Wookie can become buddies, because that's what I feel when I watch their BTS and press conference. During the press conference, LDW also couldn't stop teasing LSY, saying that "now we have finished shooting episode 4,but so far I still haven't seen a "normal" expression from LSY." And LSY was all embarrassed and shy. HAHA

I will say more about my feeling about WR when I get more time. I am glad that at least this drama receives a lot of positive reviews in Korea despite the dismal rating.

I just wanna say that I loved everything that you said. I actually makes me tear up a little seeingall the raves about LSY after WR ended -- a far cry from all the negative feedback she was getting when it was first announced that she was going to be the female lead of this drama. I have read numerous comments in blogs saying that they won't watch the drama just because she's in it. sleep.gif She's proven her detractors wrong.

I too agree on the goody buddies/brother-sister vibe between LDW and LSY. They really do seem to get along rather well with each other offscreen and that affectionate ruffling of her hair and arm around her shoulder by LDW after that shoot with the snakelady is presh :) and LDW seems to be really endeared to her in an oppa-ish/big brother kind of way. I would love to see them in another project together happy.gif