[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest trisy

is Jeon Mi Sun who is act as kim tak gu mother???  if true..how she really happy can act at two great rating drama...:lol:

Guest Starlitelet

The Best and Worst Actors of ′The Sun and the Moon′

2012-03-16 17:23  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung

http://www.enewsworl...m/enews/conte..

Translation Credit : Stewart Ho  

MBC’s The Sun and the Moon ended with a bang, drawing over 40 percent in viewership ratings, and earning the title of ′nation′s drama.′

It wasn’t only the strong script from Jung Eun Kwal, but the passionate acting of the actors that helped make it a success.

But among the actors there were those that shined and those that fell a bit flat over the course of the drama. Who were the greatest winners and losers of The Sun and the Moon?

Bravo! Perfect~

From its beginning, The Sun and the Moon’s child actors received much praise. Yeo Jin Gu, who portrayed the younger version of Lee Hwon, actress Kim Yoo Jung, Lee Min Ho captured the hearts of adult viewers by portraying the childhood romance perfectly. Even after the series ended viewers asked to see more of the child actors and many of them went on to film CF’s with their adult co stars.

But of course, the biggest beneficiary from the drama was  :wub:  Kim Soo Hyun. Through this production Kim created a “King Hwon Syndrome” and went on to collect some five billion won in endorsement deals.

His everyday life and everything about his became an issue while his song for the drama’s OST Another Road became a hit on the music charts. Jung Eun Pyo who starred as Kim’s sidekick also brought comedic relief to the drama and to viewers, earning much love.

Very Good. We Look Forward to Your Next Work

The Sun and the Moon was Han Ga In’s    :wub: first historical drama. She was met with a lot of concern over her ability to take on a historic character role in relation to her experience as an actor.

The first six or seven episodes that she appeared in sparked a lot of controversy because of her acting abilities. However, Han began to take command of her facial expressions to create her own Heo Yeon Woo character. Her visible growth in acting through the drama drew praise from viewers, who commented that they look forward to seeing her in her next work.

Jeon Mi Sun, who portrayed Yeon Woo’s adoptive mother, Nok Young, turned out to be a charismatic character that was crucial for the drama.

Her character’s acts of black magic were convincing and her commanding gaze conveyed much even when her character did not speak any lines.

Kim Min Seo, who portrayed the queen, also can′t be left out. The scenes where her character went mad after seeing the apparition of a ghost and the scene where her character ends her life in the final episode made for a realistic portrayal of someone who had lost their mind. Though Han, Jeon and Kim’s roles diminished as the series progressed, their roles came together harmoniously.

Something was a bit lacking~ Try harder next time

As such a diverse range of characters were shown, there were some roles that were, frankly, a bit of a let down.

Those few were Lee Won Geun and Song Jae Lim, who portrayed Hwon’s royal guards, Song Jae Hee, who portrayed the adult Heo Yeom, Nam Bo Ra, who played Princess Minhwa and Yun Seung Ah, who acted as Seol.

Photo credit: MBC

http://www.enewsworl...ts/16085516.jpg

Like, seriously? Nam Bo Ra plummets Han Ga In out of the water/park with her great acting skills. You also have to consider that she hasn't been in the industry as long as Han Ga In. I'm just baffled. Even Yun Seung Ah did a better job. I really don't understand.

Nam Bo Ra deserves two thumbs up. I thought she delivered superbly. She was one of the only actresses/characters that was able to move me from TMTETS. Given that her character was semi-annoying due to all the hiding-the-curse-issue and loving Yeom blindly, she was moving. I have to applaud her for all the crying scenes. Yes, she was underused, but her acting was fantastic.

ViKi has EP 20 subbed at 95%. biggrin.gif

http://www.viki.com/channels/2130-the-moon-that-conceals-the-sun/videos/episodes?page=2

LOL at Hwon yelling "the hunt begins!" laugh.gif I agree with everyone here, I hated that Myung choose to die. *sigh* I get why he thinks that in order to protect YW and Hwon's reign in the future it's better if he's not around for insurgents/rebels to try another coup but of course we viewers can always come up with more logical, reasonable paths for him to follow. dry.gif But since when did REASON and LOGIC ever happen in a drama. Can I add that Woon-ahh was awesome in the fight? I couldn't take my eyes off of him. *hee* Plus everyone standing around while that guy killed Myung was entirely too far-fetched. I actually didn't tear up until (as someone on ViKi posted) "oh no, they broke our little brave, beautiful, stoic Woon! He's crying! I can't stand it!" (yep, Woon-aahh is one of my fav characters)

woonaaahh.jpg

woonaahh.jpg

woonaahhh.jpg

Poor BK, a casualty of her fathers greed. She never stood a prayer. The only thing Hwon ever felt for her was pity that she was used in her fathers games. I finally got the reunion with YW's family I've been yelling for but it seemed somewhat forced? unsure.gif (did anyone else feel this way?) I just didn't feel much emotional connection to that scene which really surprised me! I've been waiting for it for so long and it seemed ... flat. The only time I teared up was when YW said she wouldn't ever leave without her Mom's permission. tears.gif And I guess Mom knew about Minhwa but we weren't shown Yeom telling her. (or who told her)

As for Minhwa, wow did her true colors come out or what? blink.gif I couldn't believe her being nasty, disrespectful and mouthy to YW. And as far as the thought that she was young, she wasn't an active participant, botox granny tricked her...she finally said it with her own mouth. "I TRIED TO KILL YOU". She wasn't "unaware" of what was happening back then at all, she was completely agreeable to what happened and a very active, willing participant. I wanted to smack her face yet again when she says "Where do you get the nerve to be such a hypocrite?" to YW. mad.gif Love how YW schooled her, Minhwa seriously didn't seem to have learned anything.

I still have to finish watching the last 2 parts of the end but I had to post. laugh.gif

Guest mstar.

I wonder if there's anyone who are like me, still lingering around this page even though the drama has ended.

For the past months, I just wanna thank everyone who have contributed in this, making it fun for me to read.

As much as I'll miss the drama, I'll miss all of you, even though I've been a lurker for almost all the time.

I hope it's not forever goodbye.

<3

Guest Bijan630

A story was told, the way they used to be told.  "Good will triumph over evil.",  "When you dig someone's grave, dig for two, for you shall surely fall into one of them yourself.", all of the old saying's you could think of concerning right from wrong, that parents USED TO teach their children were here. The story touched on love, hate, morality, integrity, honour, truth, and the entire emotional spectrum. 

It was well written and kept the storyline and subject intact.  There was no "over-the-top" sensationalism written in that's often used for lack of a descent dialogue in a script.  A story, which if it had been written as a novel, could have kept you turning the pages as the rays of sunlight announce the beginning of another day.

Romance, heartache, heartbreak, tears of laughter and sadness.....everything that has already been addressed by all of the people who's posts I've read.

When a story can be told and bring you to tears, even when you can't understand the language, it's a good story.

This story, was the type of story, which made me first fall in love and seek out Korean dramas oh so many years ago.

I am happy.

Thank you everyone!

Guest umutoni

The Best and Worst Actors of ′The Sun and the Moon′

2012-03-16 17:23  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung

http://www.enewsworl...m/enews/conte..

Translation Credit : Stewart Ho  

MBC’s The Sun and the Moon ended with a bang, drawing over 40 percent in viewership ratings, and earning the title of ′nation′s drama.′

It wasn’t only the strong script from Jung Eun Kwal, but the passionate acting of the actors that helped make it a success.

But among the actors there were those that shined and those that fell a bit flat over the course of the drama. Who were the greatest winners and losers of The Sun and the Moon?

Bravo! Perfect~

From its beginning, The Sun and the Moon’s child actors received much praise. Yeo Jin Gu, who portrayed the younger version of Lee Hwon, actress Kim Yoo Jung, Lee Min Ho captured the hearts of adult viewers by portraying the childhood romance perfectly. Even after the series ended viewers asked to see more of the child actors and many of them went on to film CF’s with their adult co stars.

But of course, the biggest beneficiary from the drama was  :wub:  Kim Soo Hyun. Through this production Kim created a “King Hwon Syndrome” and went on to collect some five billion won in endorsement deals.

His everyday life and everything about his became an issue while his song for the drama’s OST Another Road became a hit on the music charts. Jung Eun Pyo who starred as Kim’s sidekick also brought comedic relief to the drama and to viewers, earning much love.

Very Good. We Look Forward to Your Next Work

The Sun and the Moon was Han Ga In’s    :wub: first historical drama. She was met with a lot of concern over her ability to take on a historic character role in relation to her experience as an actor.

The first six or seven episodes that she appeared in sparked a lot of controversy because of her acting abilities. However, Han began to take command of her facial expressions to create her own Heo Yeon Woo character. Her visible growth in acting through the drama drew praise from viewers, who commented that they look forward to seeing her in her next work.

Jeon Mi Sun, who portrayed Yeon Woo’s adoptive mother, Nok Young, turned out to be a charismatic character that was crucial for the drama.

Her character’s acts of black magic were convincing and her commanding gaze conveyed much even when her character did not speak any lines.

Kim Min Seo, who portrayed the queen, also can′t be left out. The scenes where her character went mad after seeing the apparition of a ghost and the scene where her character ends her life in the final episode made for a realistic portrayal of someone who had lost their mind. Though Han, Jeon and Kim’s roles diminished as the series progressed, their roles came together harmoniously.

Something was a bit lacking~ Try harder next time

As such a diverse range of characters were shown, there were some roles that were, frankly, a bit of a let down.

Those few were Lee Won Geun and Song Jae Lim, who portrayed Hwon’s royal guards, Song Jae Hee, who portrayed the adult Heo Yeom, Nam Bo Ra, who played Princess Minhwa and Yun Seung Ah, who acted as Seol.

The character Woon, was one of the most stand outs of the drama, and was the role most coveted by rookie actors. The production staff decided to select the role through auditions, through which idol group ZE:A’s Im Si Wan was selected for the younger adult version of Heo Yeom and earned great popularity.

But Lee Won Geun’s portrayal of the younger version of Woon lacked charisma and acting ability, which led to the decreasing of his role. Unfortunately, Song Jae Lim also failed to match the level of acting needed to portray the adult Woon.

According to a member from the production, “Initially we were going to portray Woon falling into a one-sided love with Yeon Woo bringing conflict between the troops and lovers. We wanted a character like Lee Jung Jae from the past drama Hourglass who commanded a lot of gravity but since the roles were filled with rookies, the characters ended up being somewhat average characters. Because of this they didn’t have many lines.”

In addition Princess Min Hwa’ villainous role drew some viewers away while Yun Seung Ah who garnered much love from her previous dramas as a main actress, became relegated to a minor role after the popularity of her on-screen love interest, Heo Yeom, plummeted.

Which characters did you find the most compelling, and which just faded from your memory?

Photo credit: MBC

http://www.enewsworl...ts/16085516.jpg

I'm sorry but couldn't disagree more about the actress that played Min Hwa. No matter how much you hated her character you can't say she didn't act well. Actually all the hate towards her proves how well she played the annoying and selfish princess.

I mean just the scene of the confrontation between hwon and her when he discovers her involvement in YW death, i mean the girl just nailed that scene. You could read so much emotions on her face and when she suddenly changed her gaze and said she didn't regret anything and got up to leave... Man i was impressed!!! She was at par with KSH in that scene.

As for Han Ga In, i like her but i think her acting was unfortunately too inconsistent to be put in the "very good category".

Kind of agree for the rest.

Guest nana544

Awesome drama indeed! I'm so sad that it has ending, but I'm satisfy with it. Also, it was so sad that Seol, Prince Yang Myung, and the Shaman all died :(. It breaks my heart, it's not fair! Anyways, I really glad that everything was put back into its rightful place. A great drama indeed! I'll missed the good characters :)!!!!

Guest jdkk09

Just want to add my thanks to all of you in this thread.  You made TMTETS come alive with your comments, speculations and pictures.  

THANKS A BUNCH!!  Will see some of you over at Rooftop Prince. 

is Jeon Mi Sun who is act as kim tak gu mother???  if true..how she really happy can act at two great rating drama...:lol:

not to forget she also act in Ojakgyo Brothers the weekend drama that got high ratings also ^^

I've watched ep20 this morning and now it's another morning lol. I'm kinda late on posting here. was browsing back and reading back all post from other MoonSunners. I swear I think after Coffee Prince and Secret Garden, I never felt this kind of feeling of watching a K-Drama.

for always keep up with a drama thread, i think this is the first time that I always coming back forth to see everyone post here. I always lurking things up at bestiz to see any recent update on this drama and on their actors actresses.

I wonder how can one drama can make me being so silly and crazy like this. I got a final project to do yet I cant even give my full concentration. I think after this I can go back to my normal life :P

regarding on final episode, maybe I'm an easy person. for me, the ending is SATISFYING. I like the ending. though some aspect was kinda rushed (yep gotta admit YW-YW's mom reunion kinda didnt give me any feeling to it when it should have been :unsure: the rushed part definitely shown). Nam Bora's acting towards the ending episode definitely show even the underdeveloped Yeom's character too.

I like the scene when YW meet with MH. somehow when she speaks to the princess, I can sense YW in her. the firm YW. these dialog "do you need my forgiveness. then I will give you forgiveness. For the sake of the king and my brother who are in pain cuz of you, in your place they begged for forgiveness-for the sake of the two people who are paying for your crime in your place, I will forgive you. but live. live and beg for that forgiveness yourself. take your punishment and atone. Not for my brother and the king but for yourself. " I can feel YW there.

how guilty MH and Yeom to YW that they both felt so thankful that YW was alive.

YM's death scene.... I'm bawling so much that I cant stop... :tears: ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

yes he did chose to die himself... I understand why... but it just so sad.... Woon and YM's conversation was so touching.. their friendship... why it has to be end like that.... :(

Bokyung's death. for me the most pitiful character would be this queen. S though she also got one-sided love, YM too, they both at least got other people around them. S got YW and Janshil. YM got Woon. Bokyung? she got only Servant Jo and that's only her servant not someone that she can share her feelings, that really understand her. indeed it's so pitiful for her to be born in as a Yoon and being the King's wife only by the name-sake. even with her mother, she always being reminded to not-let go her position as the queen and for that, she rather die while she still holding the Queen title. poor Bokyung :(

I also dont understand why NK has to die. poor Janshil to be left alone...

just like Fanderay's comment on her recap, YW-HW really have to live well since so many people has died for them.

this drama bring me laughter, tears, happiness for these past 3 month. I'm just so happy to be a MoonSunner. I felt thankful that I met many great MoonSunners in this thread that always being a lot of updates on this drama. thanks guys~ ^_^

to azuwaza163 & hubby like others of MoonSunners here, you guys convo always the greatest ^^ I'm so glad to get to know you guys here. you're like our HW-YW ^^ glad to meet you guys here~

I think I still in the withdrawal sickness for this drama :( doesnt feel like want to leave yet...

since KSH's OST they didnt play it in the drama, the song was on repeat. I love it so much as the meaning of the lyrics interpret a really deep Hwon's love for YW... it's so lovely... can get over it :wub:

once again, thanks guys for making my life so happy these past 3 months. TMTETS JJANG! Just like how the cast somehow looks like a great family, I can feel the same family feeling too with other MoonSunners here. because of one great drama, we're here. TMTETS FAMILY AWESOME!!!!

Thanks PD-nim, Writer-nim , Actors, Actresses, Young Actors and Actresses, Staffs that have gone through a lot for this drama (winter, blizzard, strike, live-shooting process, etc). Thank you so much! 모두분들 수고하셨어요~ 감사합니다... 그동안 너무 재밌어요, 행복해요~ :D

-edit-

[off topic] I thought I was the only one that felt somehow Song Jaehee (Adult Yeom) looks like Hyun Bin, I guess I'm not alone XD

http://sky.bestiz.net/zboard/view.php?id=dramab&page=3&sn1=&divpage=22&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=132289

While I am definitely upset that Seol and the Prince died...I mean I really do hate it and it kind of ruined the drama for me, I don't understand the anger towards the King's sister. The girl was a freakin toddler basically when she was used by her grandmother. And as you will recall in the episode where they showed her admitting what happened to her father, she didn't know what was gonna happen. She didn't know they were gonna try and kill the princess...plus the princess didn't even die...so what's the reason she can't be forgiven?

Reason she can't be forgiven?do you remember ep 18? I will not regret that choice that what she tell ...Minhwa, ruined everybody life especilly  her husband. He was not able to  do what he was meant to do. All of his hard work went down the drain.  Then she   had the nerve to say she don't regret anything?

There are things I always look forward whenever I am watching a drama aside from being entertained, the moral lessons it wanted to impart to the viewers.

Aside from YW and Hwon’s unconditional and undying love for each other despite the test of time, I love their ideals, their attitude towards life and the people around them.

They both know how to be grateful and appreciate the people who help and have been loyal to them regardless of their status without disregarding justice and equality.

I am specifically touched when YW asked a favor to Hwon about seeing NK. Hwon told her why she wanted to see her despite putting her in danger and almost killing her and YW replied that she might not fully forgive her but she cannot disregard the fact that she saves, love and have been her mother for the past eight years. This made me think, how great YW can be as Queen.

The conversation with MW solidifies the Queen image for me. Some may expect a forceful confrontation between them but I have learned to understand YW and her character, I might be wrong but I love how she handles the issue with MW. I love how she said; I will forgive you for the sake of his majesty, my brother and for being there for my mother but please live to atone for your mistake. Sometimes, words hit harder than action.

For Hwon, I love how he treats Woon and Hyun Sung. He has not regarded them as his servant or guard but he treated them as his family, friend and father. I truly and sincerely love his relationship with these two especially with Hyun Sung.

Second, the King is still human. He might be the most powerful man politically speaking but he cannot be exempted from human weaknesses. I love how they showed Hwon’s imperfections like how poorly he plays the gayageum and the stick game. I appreciate also the fact we see him sad and we see him cry when he is hurt, a diversion from the conventional kingly image of being strong, emotionless and inhuman at times.

Third lesson, our fate is within our hands. It will be our choice how we wanted to live our life and whatever legacy we wanted to leave. These are the things I’ve learned from YM and Seol’s character. It was a painful death but they have chosen it for themselves. Though we regret losing them, their lives are within their hand. They could have avoided it but they chose to end it that way.

Lastly, YOU CAN NEVER EVER FIND HAPINESS WITH UNREQUITED LOVE so gutter girls please refrain yourself from engaging in this kind situation. You don’t want to end up like BK who died a VIRGIN, right???? Kekekk! :P :P

Guest alexus

OMG, I am just rolling on the floor laughing.

You are killing me!! Gabjumz

Lastly, YOU CAN NEVER EVER FIND HAPINESS WITH UNREQUITED LOVE so gutter girls please refrain yourself from engaging in this kind situation. You don’t want to end up like BK who died a VIRGIN, right???? Kekekk!

So here I am checking out the thread and I see that you posted something. I am so deep into your post and agreeing with everything you are saying and so moved at each paragraph and then you end with such wise words of wisdom for us gutter girls to take home. IT's priceless!!! Yes,we should put that in our rule book of Gutter Girl 101!!

Guest toho81

not to forget she also act in Ojakgyo Brothers the weekend drama that got high ratings also ^^

I've watched ep20 this morning and now it's another morning lol. I'm kinda late on posting here. was browsing back and reading back all post from other MoonSunners. I swear I think after Coffee Prince and Secret Garden, I never felt this kind of feeling of watching a K-Drama.

for always keep up with a drama thread, i think this is the first time that I always coming back forth to see everyone post here. I always lurking things up at bestiz to see any recent update on this drama and on their actors actresses.

I wonder how can one drama can make me being so silly and crazy like this. I got a final project to do yet I cant even give my full concentration. I think after this I can go back to my normal life :P

regarding on final episode, maybe I'm an easy person. for me, the ending is SATISFYING. I like the ending. though some aspect was kinda rushed (yep gotta admit YW-YW's mom reunion kinda didnt give me any feeling to it when it should have been :unsure: the rushed part definitely shown). Nam Bora's acting towards the ending episode definitely show even the underdeveloped Yeom's character too.

I like the scene when YW meet with MH. somehow when she speaks to the princess, I can sense YW in her. the firm YW. these dialog "do you need my forgiveness. then I will give you forgiveness. For the sake of the king and my brother who are in pain cuz of you, in your place they begged for forgiveness-for the sake of the two people who are paying for your crime in your place, I will forgive you. but live. live and beg for that forgiveness yourself. take your punishment and atone. Not for my brother and the king but for yourself. " I can feel YW there.

how guilty MH and Yeom to YW that they both felt so thankful that YW was alive.

YM's death scene.... I'm bawling so much that I cant stop... :tears: ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

yes he did chose to die himself... I understand why... but it just so sad.... Woon and YM's conversation was so touching.. their friendship... why it has to be end like that.... :(

Bokyung's death. for me the most pitiful character would be this queen. S though she also got one-sided love, YM too, they both at least got other people around them. S got YW and Janshil. YM got Woon. Bokyung? she got only Servant Jo and that's only her servant not someone that she can share her feelings, that really understand her. indeed it's so pitiful for her to be born in as a Yoon and being the King's wife only by the name-sake. even with her mother, she always being reminded to not-let go her position as the queen and for that, she rather die while she still holding the Queen title. poor Bokyung :(

I also dont understand why NK has to die. poor Janshil to be left alone...

just like Fanderay's comment on her recap, YW-HW really have to live well since so many people has died for them.

this drama bring me laughter, tears, happiness for these past 3 month. I'm just so happy to be a MoonSunner. I felt thankful that I met many great MoonSunners in this thread that always being a lot of updates on this drama. thanks guys~ ^_^

to azuwaza163 & hubby like others of MoonSunners here, you guys convo always the greatest ^^ I'm so glad to get to know you guys here. you're like our HW-YW ^^ glad to meet you guys here~

I think I still in the withdrawal sickness for this drama :( doesnt feel like want to leave yet...

since KSH's OST they didnt play it in the drama, the song was on repeat. I love it so much as the meaning of the lyrics interpret a really deep Hwon's love for YW... it's so lovely... can get over it :wub:

once again, thanks guys for making my life so happy these past 3 months. TMTETS JJANG! Just like how the cast somehow looks like a great family, I can feel the same family feeling too with other MoonSunners here. because of one great drama, we're here. TMTETS FAMILY AWESOME!!!!

Thanks PD-nim, Writer-nim , Actors, Actresses, Young Actors and Actresses, Staffs that have gone through a lot for this drama (winter, blizzard, strike, live-shooting process, etc). Thank you so much! 모두분들 수고하셨어요~ 감사합니다... 그동안 너무 재밌어요, 행복해요~ :D

-edit-

[off topic] I thought I was the only one that felt somehow Song Jaehee (Adult Yeom) looks like Hyun Bin, I guess I'm not alone XD

http://sky.bestiz.net/zboard/view.php?id=dramab&page=3&sn1=&divpage=22&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=132289

I ALSO UNDERSTOOD WHY YANG MYUNG CHOSE TO END HIMSELF, BUT IT WAS SO PAINFUL I WISH HE DID DIE PROTECTING THE KING. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE SAID "WHY DID YANG MYUNG GIVE IN TO FATE?" BUT ISN'T Fate and Destiny the whole main idea of the drama? LOOK AT NOK YOUNG, SHE TRIED TO FIGHT FATE BY BREAKING UP YW AND HWON, BUT LATER ON REALIZED WHAT IS DESTINED HAS TO BE. I THOUGHT YM DID TRY TO FIGHT FATE WITH HIS SECOND CHANCE WITH YW/WOL, BUT DIDN'T THAT JUST GET HIS HEART BROKEN AGAIN AND BROUGHT OUT HIS PAIN AND LOVE FRUSTRATION FOR HIS BROTHER? LIKE YM SAID TO WOON, HE REALLY IS TIRED OF FIGHTING AND FAKING. IT BROKE MY HEART TO SEE HIM GIVE UP, BUT I FELT HIS PAIN. HE BELIEVED THAT THE ONLY WAY FOR HIS BROTHER AND YW TO BE SAFE IS FOR HIM TO END HIMSELF. IF HE LIVED ON, HE WOULD HAVE TO BARE THE BURDEN OF LIVING AS A THREAT AND IF HE HAS TO CONSTANTLY RUN AWAY OR PRETEND TO BE SOMEONE ELSE JUST TO KEEP HWON SAFE, THAT ALSO MEANS HE HAS TO LIVE A FAKE LIFE FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. HE IS TIRED OF LIVING A FAKE LIFE. IT WOULD REALLY BE HARD FOR YM TO BE LEFT ALONE NOW AS EVERYONE KNOWS HE IS SMART INSTEAD OF THE DUMB PERSON HE PRETENDS TO BE DUE TO HIS INVOLVEMENT IN HELPING HWON FIGHT THE REBELS. THATS WHY IT IS PAINFUL BECAUSE YM COULDN'T BARE HIMSELF TO FACE THIS ALL OVER AGAIN. HE CHOSE TO KEEP THE 2 PEOPLE HE LOVED THE MOST THE BEST WAY HE SAW. HIS SCENE WITH WOON REALLY BROKE MY HEART EVEN MORE. I BOUGHT THEIR FRIENDSHIP AND CONNECTION BECAUSE BOTH ARE SONS OF THE CONCUBINES AND THEREFORE HAS AN UNDERSTANDING OF EACH OTHER. YM SAW DEATH AS A WAY HE CAN FINALLY BE AT PEACE INSTEAD OF LIVING A LIFE OF STRUGGLE OR LIES. WE ALL WISH HE WOULD HAVE FOUGHT ON, BUT HE JUST GOT SO SICK AND TIRED OF PRETENDING. WOON REALLY CARED FOR HIM. THAT LAST QUESTION REALLY BROKE MY HEART, BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I WAS HAPPY FOR YM BECAUSE HE KNEW WOON WAS REALLY BY HIS SIDE. FOR WOON TO LIE TO THE KING BECAUSE OF YM REALLY SHOWED ME HOW DEARLY HE CARED FOR YM.

There are things I always look forward whenever I am watching a drama aside from being entertained, the moral lessons it wanted to impart to the viewers.

Aside from YW and Hwon’s unconditional and undying love for each other despite the test of time, I love their ideals, their attitude towards life and the people around them.

They both know how to be grateful and appreciate the people who help and have been loyal to them regardless of their status without disregarding justice and equality.

I am specifically touched when YW asked a favor to Hwon about seeing NK. Hwon told her why she wanted to see her despite putting her in danger and almost killing her and YW replied that she might not fully forgive her but she cannot disregard the fact that she saves, love and have been her mother for the past eight years. This made me think, how great YW can be as Queen.

The conversation with MW solidifies the Queen image for me. Some may expect a forceful confrontation between them but I have learned to understand YW and her character, I might be wrong but I love how she handles the issue with MW. I love how she said; I will forgive you for the sake of his majesty, my brother and for being there for my mother but please live to atone for your mistake. Sometimes, words hit harder than action.

For Hwon, I love how he treats Woon and Hyun Sung. He has not regarded them as his servant or guard but he treated them as his family, friend and father. I truly and sincerely love his relationship with these two especially with Hyun Sung.

Second, the King is still human. He might be the most powerful man politically speaking but he cannot be exempted from human weaknesses. I love how they showed Hwon’s imperfections like how poorly he plays the gayageum and the stick game. I appreciate also the fact we see him sad and we see him cry when he is hurt, a diversion from the conventional kingly image of being strong, emotionless and inhuman at times.

Third lesson, our fate is within our hands. It will be our choice how we wanted to live our life and whatever legacy we wanted to leave. These are the things I’ve learned from YM and Seol’s character. It was a painful death but they have chosen it for themselves. Though we regret losing them, their lives are within their hand. They could have avoided it but they chose to end it that way.

Lastly, YOU CAN NEVER EVER FIND HAPINESS WITH UNREQUITED LOVE so gutter girls please refrain yourself from engaging in this kind situation. You don’t want to end up like BK who died a VIRGIN, right???? Kekekk!  :P :P  

:) Thanks for sharing the thought, you write it.. and I reading it with nod nod... so there are plenty lesson/ moral there... Maybe that's explain how we all love this drama despite all it flaws :)

When a story can be told and bring you to tears, even when you can't understand the language, it's a good story.

This story, was the type of story, which made me first fall in love and seek out Korean dramas oh so many years ago.

I am happy.

Thank you everyone! 

:D couldnt agree more .... i love how it worded ...

@gabjumz, amiliyana90, azuwaza163 & hubby .... i'm not good with words .. same with hons .. i can only ... nod .. nod .. agree .. agree .. :P hopefully we meet again here when DVD comes out ... discussing the deleted scenes ...

i want to see that scene where Hwon put his hand on YW forehead while she's sleeping *wishful thinking* :wub:

The Moon that Embraces the Sun Special Edition OST (CD+DVD) Released ---> March 22, 2012

Source : asian-drama.org

TMTETS Special Edition OST also includes a 36-page booklet and a DVD with four music videos, and bonus of never seen before still cuts.

:blink: *WHOooAAa* ... i was just saying that .. then i check asian drama and saw this news ...

my wishful thinking granted so fast ???? i want that booklet & deleted scenes :w00t:

Guest toho81

:D couldnt agree more .... i love how it worded ...

@gabjumz, amiliyana90, azuwaza163 & hubby .... i'm not good with words .. same with hons .. i can only ... nod .. nod .. agree .. agree .. :P hopefully we meet again here when DVD comes out ... discussing the deleted scenes ...

i want to see that scene where Hwon put his hand on YW forehead while she's sleeping *wishful thinking* :wub:

The Moon that Embraces the Sun Special Edition OST (CD+DVD) Released ---> March 22, 2012

Source : asian-drama.org

:blink: *WHOooAAa* ... i was just saying that .. then i check asian drama and saw this news ...

my wishful thinking granted so fast ???? i want that booklet & deleted scenes :w00t:

Shameful MBC wanting our money after making our hearts break and turning us to zombies. But I'm a sun and moon sucker and I will buy!

Shameful MBC wanting our money after making our hearts break and turning us to zombies. But I'm a sun and moon sucker and I will buy!

*hahaha* me, too ... will check YesAsia :lol:

10o2rty.jpg

source : TheMoonEmbracingTheSunKdrama

@Farewell party last night ... HGI bowing .. saying thanks to all ... then HGI & KSH bow to each other ... then to PD nim

.. they're sooooo humble ... love them :wub:

Lastly, YOU CAN NEVER EVER FIND HAPINESS WITH UNREQUITED LOVE so gutter girls please refrain yourself from engaging in this kind situation. You don’t want to end up like BK who died a VIRGIN, right???? Kekekk!  :P :P  

Totally agree with you !!!

Guest toho81

*hahaha* me, too ... will check YesAsia :lol:

*quoted image*

source : TheMoonEmbracingTheSunKdrama

@Farewell party last night ... HGI bowing .. saying thanks to all ... then HGI & KSH bow to each other ... then to PD nim

.. they're sooooo humble ... love them :wub:

I put in my order already!! I know MBC is trying to suck money, but I am letting them because I love this show dearly. LOL, it took me at least a minute to realize that flash in front of Han Ga In was Kim Soo Hyun bowing also. My eyes are so bad

Guest pansy

I put in my order already!! I know MBC is trying to suck money, but I am letting them because I love this show dearly. LOL, it took me at least a minute to realize that flash in front of Han Ga In was Kim Soo Hyun bowing also. My eyes are so bad

awwww !!!! :w00t: sun & moon bowing to each other ... ROMANTIC !!! :wub: