[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest toho81

My goodness. I wish YM did not die. Those who are story telling the Manga version never mention that YM died in the story. So I am expecting that YM will live and he will be given a higher rank and place in the palace. I am crying because I never expected that he will die.. To relieve my frustration, I watched again Flower Boy Ramen Shop.

YM died in the original novel

Am watching it from Episode 14 onwards....again...

One thing I have to say is - I have new respect for Il Woo..I cant imagine him being the same person as Cha Chi Soo! He's so much older and manly and yup..he WAS YM

The only thing is..I wished he became a doctor or something..,he had so much potential...

And as for Woon - did nt know he was in Flower Boy as well! SO DIFFERENT. And if you rewatch his scenes..he IS a good actor because just with Ye Chona..he can convey a lot....and looks so damn hot while at it...

I agree again. I laughed hard watching Jung il Woo as Cha Chi Soo, but acting as a funny dumb spoiled rich boy can be done by many actors. As Yang Myung, he made me feel his pain and breathe his pain with him. My heart broke for Yang Myung and it ached for him. I cried the most for him in this drama. my heart broke into little pieces hearing his ghost talk with Woon. He is truly YM and the only one who can be YM.

Guest Nesquickboo

T^T I really miss TMTETS even though I finished it last night. I wished Yang Myung didn't die. I know I would have been a streaming river when he died if my mum wasn't in the room watching the news. I could feel myself tearing up, especially when Hwon was like "Hyungnim open your eyes. This is a royal command" :tears:

I also wish Nokyoung and Seol didn't die either T.T

Gah, that scene with Yeom's kid with Hwon and Yeonwoo's kid was just... I was like poor Ui.

Ugh, I miss it so much... No more excitement on Weds to Sat.

As promised, here is my in-depth review/opinion of TMTETS. Hopefully you guys have an open-mind set before coming into this. I'll also warn you that it's LONG!

TMTETS review on mydramalist

oh dear, love this review.

a) Too many unnecessary flashbacks at the beginning. I’m typing about the repetitive flashbacks from the young versions of the characters. After what happened to the female protagonist, they had to show flashbacks of most, if not every, single character in relation to her by using flashbacks. I mean, we literally saw those scenes a couple of episodes ago. We get the point.

And thank kdramagoodness that someone other than me mentioned these flashbacks issues. Flashbacks are not tend to become redundant in a kdrama unless they depict revelations. Some flashbacks are only reminders , like when you're having amnesia or you're stupid enough to forget that you said something like this or like that. But gah, how many times did we see them? The only fresh flashbacks were :

1. Princess Minwha's convo with the late King.

2. Hwon and Yang Myung extended convo in the monastery

3. Young and adult Hwon

h) Unpredictability at its worst. The ending totally threw me even further from the bell-curve. The twists and deaths that occurred to people seemed very random and out of place for me. There was no mention/reasoning as to why that had to happen. There were more ways/logical reasons as to why they could have avoided them altogether.

There are two kinds of expectators: The novel-fans and raw viewers. And of course, if you belong to the raw viewers who

1. Read the spoilers with regards to the death toll after this drama, you 'll expect on HOW they die. In the end, you may still somewhat bawling on Seol and Yang Myung 's death and find rationale on why they died in the illogical way.

2. Did not attempt to read any spoilers at all, never visited any forum or fan sites to avoid who's going to be skewered . In the end, you still belong to the bawling viewer after Seol and Yang Myung's surprise deaths. Only to find out, there are still kisses and reunions coming ahead dear. So hush hush for a while the crying at the first 20 minutes because you might tend to forget how Eunuch rocks with his gayageum.

Then if you belong to the novel-fans..

1. You still find yourself bawling about how Seol and Yang Myung redeemed their un requitted love. Dear writernim..how dare you.

For me, I pick myself as a raw viewer and spoiled myself about the ending of the characters. But then again, honestly speaking, I did not cry when Yang Myung died. I was mad. Truly mad. The only thing that lessen my annoyance was when I read the article about JIW awareness about his character's fate then I ended up rationalizing myself , believing that he want to challenge himself in a dying scene. OK Jung Il Woo, I got it, Thank You. However, next time can you also discuss uncertainties not only to PD nim but also to writer nim? :sweatingbullets:

Okay, Yang Myung's death was to fulfill the prophecy or the legendary tale of "there are only One Sun and Moon" metaphor. Been there, seen that. The first time I learned about this tale was the movie Too Beautiful to Lie . We witnessed in episode 1 how it will complicate things. But Yang Myung's death can't be forseen even for us viewers maybe? He did made the sacrifice, a noble one. BUT STILL IT IS A IDIOTIC and ILLOGICAL. I don't get it HOW he chose to die that way, making his brother less sorrowful maybe on how he would die and won't blame himself there after? Can he just die saving Hwon's from minister Yoon or what so ever? This drama only showed, how incompetent the guards are, standing there watching all the fiasco of YM skewering. It only showed, how inconsistent for a commoner guard to perfectly threw that spear yards apart from YM, in contrast with Hwon's missed point of hitting Yoon in a bulls eye.

I only realized how intentionally the death scene of YM was cleared up from the guards and all. It's like this space is intended for him to catch that spear . I would have been crying now if only he conspired with the guard to throw spear to him LOL. My ranting thoughts..

A second look . Notice how busy the guards are to the motionless enemies. fury.gif:angry:

418019_204294073009998_152170751555664_302543_1729480388_n.jpg

g) Story that focuses on romance, yet lacks chemistry? Yes, bash me all you want. I still can’t feel the energy/sparks between our OTP till the very end. I honestly had a stronger connection with the two younger characters/actors. I also thought Yang Myung matched more with Wol at some point.

There's a chemistry between HGI and KSH, i felt that. Yet, it is not continuously consistent through out the series. I was gawking with glee during the flip-flop who are you moment. That was freaking insane. The first time we saw the kissing scene in the preview, I anticipated much for episode 17 to come . Then spoiled everything because it was slashed. Compared to yang myung and wol/yeon woo, it was void IMO. Maybe because at the back of my mind, I keep on asking how YM fell in love with YW. Where was the love at first sight scene? :mellow: On the side note, the rain scene with young YW and YM was a killer. I love that scene.

For the sageuk followers, I think we tend to have stronger connection with the younger ones mainly because they were vets in this field, with previous dramas under their belts. When they became adult, the chemistry of JIW and KSH as brothers was there, maybe that is why we all thirst for a more action packed, conspiracy and heart wrenching storyline for YM and Hwon.

I might watch some particular scenes, but never will I watch the entire drama again.

I did not watch the english subbed videos yet, that's how bitter I am. And I 'll be watching this drama again when this will be shown in my country.

Guest toho81

Kim Soo Hyun Tears Up While Talking about 'The Moon That Embraces the Sun'

cr: allkpop

Awwww :( I tear up too! I really can't believe it's over..

I still tear up too. I just rewatched ep 17 when YM takes YW to see his mom when he is injured. YM's mom told YW that he said he can give up anything and everything he has, but he just can't give up on this one girl. Gosh, that made me feel his pain all over again. My heart ached once more. Geez what will it take for me to get over my sun and moon syndrome?

when I watched TMETS, I can't wait to watch the ending (I didn't know about the book). I can't wait to see the bad character get their punishment especially the Prime Minister. He is old and yet he is so greedy, at his age he should be thinking about dying and not power. I keep complaining how the story dragged a little in the middle and wish to see the ending. Now that I've watched the ending, I wish it doesn't end coz I want to see my King (is possible everyday).

:sigh: I believe if they drag until 24 episode I would've still complain.... I guess I don't know what I really want. All I know I can't get enough of KSH.

BTW I think the flash back is for those that did not watch the drama from the start. This flash back help those that started late to get the idea. like my sister she joined in with me when the story is already at the middle. She did not want to watch earlier episode because she can't wait to watch the ending. So the flashback helped her to understand.

If you look at the rating it increased weekly from 17? To 40? So some watch when it's already halfway and missed the earlier show and I guess every week the might have new 'follower' so I guess that the reason for too many flashback and almost in every episode. Anyway I don't mind the flashback cause I sorta miss the younger version of the king. When Kim Soo Hyun appeared I think to myself "ah...No more young prince".

I don't know if I'm the only one that think HGI character was a little weak. Her tone (voice) too soft for a queen (look at BK and Grandma Queen).

And am I the only one here that think JIW deserve more? YM character is just too pitiful and at one point I almost hate YM. JIW is one foine actor and he did not deserve to be the pestering second lead that cannot take no for an answer (thank god he stopped that at ep 17). When I know he is the 2nd lead my heart sank. I knew the fate of second lead. Normally they became obsessive toward the end. so when he died, I feel like kissing the PD. It' just that the way he died was stupid and not logic well the whole drama was illogical, but at least my mind can still take it. At least Hwon should at least try to shoot with the arrow and why did he just wait and Un... Man what r you doing? U r always late man.. Seol and now YM? Isk isk isk...

Guest toho81

Damn. This drama should have gotten 4 more episodes. The writer said if it was extended she would have covered Woon and Seol falling in love. Damn it! Damn MBC

Damn. This drama should have gotten 4 more episodes. The writer said if it was extended she would have covered Woon and Seol falling in love. Damn it! Damn MBC

Really??? Woon and Seol falling in love?? Damn MBC too !!!!

Guest toho81

Really??? Woon and Seol falling in love?? Damn MBC too !!!!

Yes, damn MBC, I just read the interview with Sun and Moon writer on soompi's homepage. She said script was originally written as 24 episodes and had to shorten it to 20. She wanted to cover Woon and Seol love line if she had more time. DAMN IT! DAMN MBC!!!

Link to writer interview article http://www.soompi.com/news/moonsun-writer-the-ending-could-have-been-different

Yes, damn MBC, I just read the interview with Sun and Moon writer on soompi's homepage. She said script was originally written as 24 episodes and had to shorten it to 20. She wanted to cover Woon and Seol love line if she had more time. DAMN IT! DAMN MBC!!!

Link to writer interview article http://www.soompi.com/news/moonsun-writer-the-ending-could-have-been-different

Yea, i just read it. It supposed to extended.. I dont know what makes MBC deciding not to extend it.....i am not 100% agree they extend until 4 eps,2 is enough...

Uhm...btw, is it true the dvd cuts contains the deleted scenes? I never buy the dvd of PD-nim cuts, and is the running time is longer too? Well if it's true, i might consider it to buy as well...

Guest toho81

Yea, i just read it. It supposed to extended.. I dont know what makes MBC deciding not to extend it.....i am not 100% agree they extend until 4 eps,2 is enough...

Uhm...btw, is it true the dvd cuts contains the deleted scenes? I never buy the dvd of PD-nim cuts, and is the running time is longer too? Well if it's true, i might consider it to buy as well...

I also heard the DVD contains deleted scenes, but not 100% sure. You should check the product info. Well MBC wanted to extend it and made the writer extend it without confirming with the actors. The actors had no time in their schedule as they had other jobs booked right after the drama. MBC should have confirmed with the actors first and then have the writer change the script. Sigh....DAMN MBC, UNORGANIZED MBC!

I really appreciate if someone can tell me did the King really not fit to consummate his marriage or he faked his illness?. In eps 19, the bad Shaman told BK that she casted a spell before on the King, instructed by the Prime Minister. I wonder if it was only one time or Chonnnnnna illness was due to spell? If Prime Minister was the culprit how come he always condemn his daughter for not able to win Chonnnna heart and consummate the marriage...

Most of the time his illness seemed genuine.

I tot Chonnnnnna illness was due to his depression (he could not save his princess) or was it due to spell?

And.... how can a sweet (Yeom) good looking teacher turned out to be an not so good looking adult?

I keep on having this image of Hwon in Bath tub – white flimsy shirt – wet- OMG ... And I kept comparing that with the image of Hwon learning Gayaguem.... kekekeke... ...

One so childish and boyish, the other one – so hot and manly. I can quite make up my mind which I like more – the boyish brooding Hwon or the Hot (OMG) manly Hwon.....

I want both???????????

This is one of the moment when I wish I were some else. I wish I were HGI... :sigh:

Kim Soo Hyun thinking his next role he should be an eunuch? Heheh.. One very very HOT eunuch.. kekekeke

Guest toho81

I really appreciate if someone can tell me did the King really not fit to consummate his marriage or he faked his illness?. In eps 19, the bad Shaman told BK that she casted a spell before on the King, instructed by the Prime Minister. I wonder if it was only one time or Chonnnnnna illness was due to spell? If Prime Minister was the culprit how come he always condemn his daughter for not able to win Chonnnna heart and consummate the marriage...

Most of the time his illness seemed genuine.

I tot Chonnnnnna illness was due to his depression (he could not save his princess) or was it due to spell?

And.... how can a sweet (Yeom) good looking teacher turned out to be an not so good looking adult?

I keep on having this image of Hwon in Bath tub – white flimsy shirt – wet- OMG ... And I kept comparing that with the image of Hwon learning Gayaguem.... kekekeke... ...

One so childish and boyish, the other one – so hot and manly. I can quite make up my mind which I like more – the boyish brooding Hwon or the Hot (OMG) manly Hwon.....

I want both???????????

This is one of the moment when I wish I were some else. I wish I were HGI... :sigh:

Kim Soo Hyun thinking his next role he should be an eunuch? Heheh.. One very very HOT eunuch.. kekekeke

The time that bad shaman was ask to cast the spell was to stop the king from being so actively involved in state affairs as prime minister wanted all power. That spell wasn't meant to stop consummation. It wa a coincidence that time the queen was there when he got sick. The second time, the old man who worked with NOk Young did cast a spell to stop the actual consummation. The other times he was sick was because he was heart broken without Yeon Woo. He had problems sleeping because he kept dreaming about how he couldn't save her

Thank you Toho

That means Hwon had been under spell by the Prime minister and that reason he was constantly sick? I see. Basically the prime minister was the one that caused his daughter un-consummated marriage (OMG I never used the word consummate before, and now I been using it like nobody bisness). Actually he can't blame his daughter then.

Err - I didn't notice your last sentence. So It's becuase of his guilt and love for Yeon Woo

My Schedule for the past three weeks and coming weeks

8.30 ~ 5.30 pm - work (re-fresh thread every 15 minutes)

6.00 pm ~ 7.00 pm - watch TMETS

7.00 ~ 9.00 Shower/Eat/etc

9.00 pm ~ until my eyes can still open - watch TMETS.

7.00 am ~ watch TMETS until it's time to get ready to go to work....

the cycle continues ..

I have no life this past three week... that was all I did.

Guest toho81

Thank you Toho

That means Hwon had been under spell by the Prime minister and that reason he was constantly sick? I see. Basically the prime minister was the one that caused his daughter un-consummated marriage (OMG I never used the word consummate before, and now I been using it like nobody bisness). Actually he can't blame his daughter then.

My Schedule for the past three weeks and coming weeks

8.30 ~ 5.30 pm - work (re-fresh thread every 15 minutes)

6.00 pm ~ 7.00 pm - watch TMETS

7.00 ~ 9.00 Shower/Eat/etc

9.00 pm ~ until my eyes can still open - watch TMETS.

7.00 am ~ watch TMETS until it's time to get ready to go to work....

the cycle continues ..

I have no life this past three week... that was all I did.

Hey you are not alone. I am still suffering from sun and moon poison. Well the prime minister made the king sick at times, not always to stop him from being involved too much in state affairs. It wasn't meant to stop the consummation

What? So it means that there's a 4 episodes in this drama???? WTH MBC! So i couldn't move on already. :(

No the extension never happened. The actors could not fit it in their schedules