[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Yes, damn MBC, I just read the interview with Sun and Moon writer on soompi's homepage. She said script was originally written as 24 episodes and had to shorten it to 20. She wanted to cover Woon and Seol love line if she had more time. DAMN IT! DAMN MBC!!!

Link to writer interview article http://www.soompi.com/news/moonsun-writer-the-ending-could-have-been-different

OMG!!!! I just read the interview. especially this part

Jin revealed, "I initially planned for Woon and Yeon Woo's servant, Seol (Yoon Seung Ah) to become closer with each other, both being skilled in the martial arts. I wanted to cover a part of the story where they eventually fell in love." She added, "[The drama] was initially 24 episodes in length, but as we shortened it to 20 episodes, I had to take out that part."

now I'm so mad :angry:fury.gif

I guess writer-nim also like us... want to see the bodyguards of Hwon and YW together... what if... and again what if... Woon and Seol become together... that'll definitely add on to the romance in this drama... imagine "cloud" and "snow" together...

I guess in the end, they just chose to follow Seol's end in the novel <_<

if and only if the drama was at least extend for 2 more episode or something... that would be great... :mellow:

oh and the Minister Yoon's death should have been better. this guy has killed so many people to fulfill his and the QD greed. Prince Uiseong, Ari and etc. indeed, he should have been tortured to death... his death was so 'easy' <_<

but then it was only "IF"

on the side note, Han Gain will appear on Running Man next week.

[HD] Running Man EP.87 [PREVIEW] - HAN GA IN

I see our HyungSun also in the preview.. kekeke :lol:

they just cant get over the National Drama pretty soon ^_^

Guest toho81

I guess writer-nim also like us... want to see the bodyguards of Hwon and YW together... what if... and again what if... Woon and Seol become together... that'll definitely add on to the romance in this drama... imagine "cloud" and "snow" together...

if and only if the drama was at least extend for 2 more episode or something... that would be great... :mellow:

on the side note, Han Gain will appear on Running Man next week.

[HD] Running Man EP.87 [PREVIEW] - HAN GA IN

I see our HyungSun also in the preview.. kekeke :lol:

they just cant get over the National Drama pretty soon ^_^

ALL I WANT TO SAY AND CAN SAY IS: DAMN MBC, DAMN MBC, DAMN MBC, DAMN IT!

cincaaaaa .... :crazy: *kyaaaa* ... joining the "damn chorus"

what's Running Man about ? :unsure:

anywayyy .. read this article from enews :P ... KSH having a hard time letting go Hwon ...

*LOL* so it's not just us having a baaaad withdrawal :P

enewsworld

Kim is set to appear on the March 18 broadcast of MBC’s Section TV Entertainment Relay, where he will discuss his thoughts on the conclusion of the drama that captivated viewers as well as divulge behind-the-scenes stories from the set.

On the end of The Sun and the Moon, Kim said, “I need to let go of Hwon now, but I can’t seem to erase him from my heart and I keep thinking about the set.”

ALL I WANT TO SAY AND CAN SAY IS: DAMN MBC, DAMN MBC, DAMN MBC, DAMN IT!

Now, Now - Don't be greedy ... ^_^ , what if they extend and it became draggy? and also kekekeke with due respect (Any un or woon shipper here?) - I think un is not capable to feel.... meh meh meh ....

He has no expression but one - I guess the actor didn't have to work hard on the expression. Just one expression for the whole 20 episode... or am I being too hard on him ^_^.

Neeway, I think 20 episodes are just good enough for me. I think I can’t bear to see YM plotting against Hwon (though I have doubt especially when he started asking them to write their names in the book). I love JIW in 49 days so I don’t want to see him turning bad too long (since we didn't know for sure that he was behind Hwon all the time so we might think he was serious). Andhey – choltey andhey.... and I don’t see how they can prolong the story without making it draggy (like some historical drama). They will start to have more plots - crazy plots. The baddie will become more bad almost illogical (like the prime minister willing to sacrifice his daughter, his daughter)

The thing that I find lacking in TMETS - there's not much sword play. Not much action (Especially my King – cheh!! – he always lost whenever he challenged his brother, so I guess YM was wrong when he says Hwon always get everything – No - not everything). I hate it when I see the others had to do the hard work but King just stood there and wait.... I know that the King can’t take part in the fight cause he has to stay alive to continue giving orders... (remind me of the 4 god – King fight the battle – BYJ lead the soldier and fight together with soldier) but my King run up the stairs and just wait there giving orders.

Cheh!! ... if only Hwon fights. You know like YM did those wonderful kyaaaa shot....

throw the sword in the air, catch it and :zaasstt: stab the baddie in the heart blood splash on his face.

Woahh...... I love that scene, unfortunately my King didn’t fight... hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Guest ninalife

it's been hard for me to let go of this drama tears.gif, i want the kids back, and the won and seol romance, and i want many many specials !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a little video to bright your day guystongue.gif is been greet to have all of you in this threat gonna miss my moonsun fever in wed/thurs tears.gif

Guest ginny_potter

I don't think MBC alone is to be blamed for getting the prospective Woon/Seol story cut-off from the storyline. The actors' schedules were already locked in from the beginning and they had to work around a tight shooting schedule. Maybe next time before they actually sign up actors for a drama they'll take into consideration their schedules and if it'll allow them to extend for possible episode extensions.

Oh dear, thinking of the Woon/Seol storyline alone makes me sad... can someone write a fanfic about them instead? Hehe!

'The Moon that Embraces the Sun' Han Ga In Shows Tears

Han Ga In expressed her respect for actress Yang Mi Kyung

11457.jpg

On an episode of MBC 'Section TV' that was aired on March 18th, revealed the behind-the-scenes footage of the last filming session of the drama 'The Moon that Embraces the Sun.’

Han Ga In, who played the main female character Yeon Woo, was filming the scene where she meets her little sister Min Hwa who was one of the responsible for Yeon Woo's death. Nam Bo Ra, who played Min Hwa, stated 'I'm very sad. I refuse to send Yeon Woo off' and expressed her sadness.

After completing the tearful scene, Han Ga In hugged Yang Mi Kyung and started to cry. Yang Mi Kyung is the actress who played Yeon Woo's mother. Han Ga In stated, 'I received so much love and support from the audience' and 'I really hope I meet Yang Mi Kyung as a mother again in future projects' and revealed a relationship that resembled that of a real mother and daughter.

cr:kpopstarz

Guest truong.michelle

oh and the Minister Yoon's death should have been better. this guy has killed so many people to fulfill his and the QD greed. Prince Uiseong, Ari and etc. indeed, he should have been tortured to death... his death was so 'easy' <_<

but then it was only "IF"

I was just thinking the same thing!! Sorry to cut your post. I remember Ari's words yelling at Minister Yoon, about how the moon witnessed his crime that night and the moon will come back and punish him and witness his death later. I wished he died at night, with a perfect moon in the sky too.

what's Running Man about ? :unsure:

sorry for cutting your post. Running Man is a variety show... you should try check it out. it's good ^_^

Oh dear, thinking of the Woon/Seol storyline alone makes me sad... can someone write a fanfic about them instead? Hehe!

oh yeah.. fanfic of Woon-Seol too would be fine :D

since both of this characters lack of air-time in the drama, at least fanfic would be a good thing for us, the Woon-Seol shipper >_<

I was just thinking the same thing!! Sorry to cut your post. I remember Ari's words yelling at Minister Yoon, about how the moon witnessed his crime that night and the moon will come back and punish him and witness his death later. I wished he died at night, with a perfect moon in the sky too.

yeah... I just wish his death can be at least leave some deep impact or something. yep just like when the time Ari's screaming at him. oh...

oh how i wish they can make a movie version of this drama or something... to fill these holes...

then again, 20 episodes of this drama is still satisfying for me :D

definitely going to find time to do a re-watching time :lol:

Guest toho81

Now, Now - Don't be greedy ... ^_^ , what if they extend and it became draggy? and also kekekeke with due respect (Any un or woon shipper here?) - I think un is not capable to feel.... meh meh meh ....

He has no expression but one - I guess the actor didn't have to work hard on the expression. Just one expression for the whole 20 episode... or am I being too hard on him ^_^.

Neeway, I think 20 episodes are just good enough for me. I think I can’t bear to see YM plotting against Hwon (though I have doubt especially when he started asking them to write their names in the book). I love JIW in 49 days so I don’t want to see him turning bad too long (since we didn't know for sure that he was behind Hwon all the time so we might think he was serious). Andhey – choltey andhey.... and I don’t see how they can prolong the story without making it draggy (like some historical drama). They will start to have more plots - crazy plots. The baddie will become more bad almost illogical (like the prime minister willing to sacrifice his daughter, his daughter)

The thing that I find lacking in TMETS - there's not much sword play. Not much action (Especially my King – cheh!! – he always lost whenever he challenged his brother, so I guess YM was wrong when he says Hwon always get everything – No - not everything). I hate it when I see the others had to do the hard work but King just stood there and wait.... I know that the King can’t take part in the fight cause he has to stay alive to continue giving orders... (remind me of the 4 god – King fight the battle – BYJ lead the soldier and fight together with soldier) but my King run up the stairs and just wait there giving orders.

Cheh!! ... if only Hwon fights. You know like YM did those wonderful kyaaaa shot....

throw the sword in the air, catch it and :zaasstt: stab the baddie in the heart blood splash on his face.

Woahh...... I love that scene, unfortunately my King didn’t fight... hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Well true. I'm just angry that mbc ask writer to drag the script for an extension in the middle without confirming with the actors first. One thing that the writer changed that really did touch me was putting emphasis on Woon and YM's friendship. I was really touched. I cried the hardest when Woon was talking to YM's ghost.

I don't think MBC alone is to be blamed for getting the prospective Woon/Seol story cut-off from the storyline. The actors' schedules were already locked in from the beginning and they had to work around a tight shooting schedule. Maybe next time before they actually sign up actors for a drama they'll take into consideration their schedules and if it'll allow them to extend for possible episode extensions.

I blame Mbc because they asked the writer to drag out the story in the middle without confirming the actors schedule first for the extension. I'm just upset at how unorganized and last minute they are. But I got my happy ending so trying to calm down here.

Jung Il Woo Shows His Affection for ′Sun and Moon′ Co-Stars

Jung Il Woo said he was dazzled by the child actress Kim So Hyun, in the role of Bo Kyung, from The Sun and the Moon.

He opened up on how it felt after the wrap up of the drama, interesting stories and anything from behind the scenes in an exclusive interview with tvN’s enews, to be broadcast on March 19.

83554751.jpg

To a question on which The Sun and the Moon actress is closest to his ideal type, Jung Il Woo answered, “All actresses have different charms. I met Miss So Hyun, who had appeared as the child actor of Bo Kyung, for the first time at the wrap up event for The Sun and the Moon, and she was so pretty.”

“She has sharp facial features, so I thought, when she grows up, she’ll become more beautiful,” he added.

About his ideal type, he said, “My ideal type is a person that is outspoken, doesn’t bear grudges and are fairly tough.”

He especially boasted his friendship with his friend Kim Soo Hyun, who is the same age as him.

Jung Il Woo said, “I became close with Soo Hyun through this drama. I learned that Kim Soo Hyun is a friend that has a lot of the characteristics I don’t.”

“I’ve learned a lot from Soo Hyun, and I was motivated by him while we were filming. I’m happy that I’ve managed to make a good friend that I can talk to about outside of acting.”

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min

Cheh!! ... if only Hwon fights. You know like YM did those wonderful kyaaaa shot...

@Bambiina, Its not like Hwon is weak in the sword fights. I think its the due respect he is giving his brother Yang Myung in the fight. He has always had a soft side for his brother since he realised YM's feeling from the childhood, who is being deprived of his rights as the royal prince. Hwon was the one to take all his rights. So, maybe he let him win whenever they sword fight. We know that YM is great in that area, but never once had we seen Hwon fight with him fiercely and surrender to him.

Also, if you see during the rebellion, its not only Hwon who runs up the stairs to take the position, but also YM will rise to the stairs as well as Woon.

Hwon did fight along with Woon when Yeon woo was attacked by the minister yoon's rebels and also when YM got hurt.

Me too, i also like the shot when YM threw the sword in the air and swooshhhhh!!!! killed the rebel. I thing the PDnim wanted to give YM a beautiful scene before killing him with the spear piercing his body which i did not like as if he was a statue showing his body to be killed. That was hella absurd scene to watch after seeing that stylish scene.

just my thoughts on the sword fight.

Well true. I'm just angry that mbc ask writer to drag the script for an extension in the middle without confirming with the actors first. One thing that the writer changed that really did touch me was putting emphasis on Woon and YM's friendship. I was really touched. I cried the hardest when Woon was talking to YM's ghost.

I guess I have to admit that the middle of the drama was a litlle draggy. I didn't know it was on purpose.

Woon,

I was hoping that he would have more lines. I can count his script. Poor Woon. it was less than 20 lines..isk isk isk. I guess he can't show much talent with just less than 20 lines. the good thing was, he appeared on screen as much as Hwon... Hehe.... Sorta like 2nd lead with less line/script ^_^.

The character I pity the most is Yeom, It's like the writer did not know what to do with him after ep 5 and he just fill in the void since his character was important to the whole story.

And whenever Chonnnnnnnnaaaaa, invite Woon to take bath together gether..... i wish I have some psychic power and Plingggg I were him jumping into the bath. WO HOH ... Nice dream huh? ^_^

Jung Il Woo Shows His Affection for ′Sun and Moon′ Co-Stars

@Bambiina, Its not like Hwon is weak in the sword fights. I think its the due respect he is giving his brother Yang Myung in the fight. He has always had a soft side for his brother since he realised YM's feeling from the childhood, who is being deprived of his rights as the royal prince. Hwon was the one to take all his rights. So, maybe he let him win whenever they sword fight. We know that YM is great in that area, but never once had we seen Hwon fight with him fiercely and surrender to him.

Also, if you see during the rebellion, its not only Hwon who runs up the stairs to take the position, but also YM will rise to the stairs as well as Woon.

Hwon did fight along with Woon when Yeon woo was attacked by the minister yoon's rebels and also when YM got hurt.

Me too, i also like the shot when YM threw the sword in the air and swooshhhhh!!!! killed the rebel. I thing the PDnim wanted to give YM a beautiful scene before killing him with the spear piercing his body which i did not like as if he was a statue showing his body to be killed. That was hella absurd scene to watch after seeing that stylish scene.

just my thoughts on the sword fight.

I guess he can't hogg all the spot light. JIW deserve some spot light too :) ...

Hwon did fight in episode 17 (YM injured) but they didn't show that much. No impact nothing special. but everytime YM held a sword OMG - he hog the screen. Episode 20 when he threw the sword case (is there any special word for the case?), whooosh!! WO HOH .. Hottt!!!!

I have to admit that YM has better chemistry with the sword compare to Hwon, he has no chemistry with the sword at all.....

Anyway when he raised the arrow to shoot the prime minister, I can feel my heart racing, ultimate satisfaction... i thought yeeeehhaaaaaa he gonna take revenge, Prime minister is his... And when he shot PM thigh my joy doubled... Yeahhhhhhh he made the prime minister kneel and I thought he gonna kill him softly....slowwwwly Until... Kyaaaaaaaa!!!!! YM swing his sword ... Isk isk isk... there goes my dream.... Heh.... YM again became the true hero.... (I guess the PD made up all that to compensate YM losing YW to Hwon) ... And once again my Chonnnnnna just stood and watch silently... :sigh:

i watch the TMTETS Section TV 18.03.12 clips (credits as tagged) .. seems like our jeonna really close with our young YW, hmmm *wink-wink* ... rooting for their drama now  :wub:

*quoted image*

See how Hwon Soo Huyn & Yeon Woo Joo Jung together ... and leave Yang Min Ho big sadness! :) Can you post this pic here for all friend to see, i cannot post image here. Dont know why!

https://www.facebook...152170751555664

Guest Starlitelet

oh dear, love this review.

Oh, that's so sweet of you, teebeepee :wub:.

And thank kdramagoodness that someone other than me mentioned these flashbacks issues. Flashbacks are not tend to become redundant in a kdrama unless they depict revelations. Some flashbacks are only reminders , like when you're having amnesia or you're stupid enough to forget that you said something like this or like that. But gah, how many times did we see them?  The only fresh flashbacks were :

1. Princess Minwha's convo with the late King.

2. Hwon and Yang Myung extended convo in the monastery

3. Young and adult Hwon

I thought the flashbacks at the beginning were extremely redundant to the point where I could actually go ahead and get some snacks for 5 minutes than come back.

There are two kinds of expectators: The novel-fans and raw viewers. And of course, if you belong to the raw viewers who

For me, I pick myself as a raw viewer and spoiled myself about the ending of the characters. But then again, honestly speaking, I did not cry when Yang Myung died. I was mad. Truly mad. The only thing that lessen my annoyance was when I read the article about JIW awareness about his character's fate then I ended up rationalizing myself , believing that he want to challenge himself in a dying scene. OK Jung Il Woo, I got it, Thank You. However, next time can you also discuss uncertainties not only to PD nim but also to writer nim?  :sweatingbullets:

Okay, Yang Myung's death was to fulfill the prophecy or the legendary tale of "there are only One Sun and Moon" metaphor. Been there, seen that. The first time I learned about this tale was the movie  Too Beautiful to Lie . We witnessed in episode 1 how it will complicate things. But Yang Myung's death can't be forseen even for us viewers maybe? He did made the sacrifice, a noble one. BUT STILL IT IS A IDIOTIC and ILLOGICAL. I don't get it HOW he chose to die that way, making his brother less sorrowful maybe on how he would die and won't blame himself there after?  Can he just die saving Hwon's from minister Yoon or what so ever? This drama only showed, how incompetent the guards are, standing there watching all the fiasco of YM skewering. It only showed, how inconsistent for a commoner guard to perfectly threw that spear yards apart from YM, in contrast with Hwon's missed point of hitting Yoon in a bulls eye.

I only realized how intentionally the death scene of YM was cleared up from the guards and all. It's like this space is intended for him to catch that spear . I would have been crying now if only he conspired with the guard to throw spear to him LOL. My ranting thoughts..

A second look  . Notice how busy the guards are to the motionless enemies.  fury.gif:angry:  

*quoted image*

I've also never read the novel, so I guess I'm also one of those "raw-viewers". After what happened to Seol and Yang Myung, I was rather mad than sad.

Yang Myung's death was pointless and illogical. If they wanted him to die, they should have added more clues for us viewers instead of bluntly inserting it at the end. Yes, it's to fulfill the prophecy, but that's not enough of a logical reason. There were many other ways Yang Myung's death/life could have went on. Like you mentioned, it would have better if Yang Myung died trying to protect Hwon. Cheesy, but better than this crappy ending.

I remember debating with someone about his death. This person said that the King/Hwon couldn't save Yang Myung in time, but clearly he had the upperhand of holding a bow in his hand and arrows not far out of reach. He could have just easily used it... or did he just accept Yang Myung to suicide? Clearly makes no sense, if the King didn't want his brother to die. There were other soldiers standing around like you've shown also.

Side note: How did the Shaman mother die? I felt like that was useless. The writers seem to just make characters die, so we can see more of the OTP and they'll have less work to do with the other characters. Too many useless deaths!

There's a chemistry between HGI and KSH, i felt that. Yet, it is not continuously consistent through out the series.

It's a matter of personal opinion at the end of the day ^^;. Sadly, I didn't see the connection AT ALL from the older characters.

For the sageuk followers, I think we tend to have stronger connection with the younger ones mainly because they were vets in this field, with previous dramas under their belts. When they became adult, the chemistry of JIW and KSH as brothers was there, maybe that is why we all thirst for a more action packed, conspiracy and heart wrenching storyline for YM and Hwon.

Actually in most historical dramas, I tend to find the children parts boring or too long. Like, sageuk dramas are usually long, so the children actor are in it for like 10 episodes or so. I never would have thought the children part would have been better before watching this drama.

Guest toho81

i watch the TMTETS Section TV 18.03.12 clips (credits as tagged) .. seems like our jeonna really close with our young YW, hmmm *wink-wink* ... rooting for their drama now :wub:

... and KSH with Hyung Sun (.. sorry dont know his real name) those two are just a match *hilarious* :lol:

*quoted image*

I want another drama with KSH, Hyung Sun, Woon, and Jung IL Woo. I don't know why I was just as touched for JIW and KSH's bromance on the show as with the romance. I really bought their bromance, especially with YMs last scene

OMG! What happens to me? TMETS drama ended for a week but I just cannot let go off it! Keep thinking about TMETS and going to soompi & fanpages to read comments about characters as welll as actors, naming Hwon, Yeon Woo, YM, Kim Soo Huyn, HGI, Kim Yoo Jung, Yeo Jin Goo, Jung Ill Woo... and miss them and think about of the drama again.... Aigooo, who helps me?....:phew:

I am not Korean movies fan but now I feel like crazier than them just because of a historical drama! Too funny! I have never thought there would be a day like today!

Tell myself, try to forget and let it go well! But .... still try to keep it in heart!???!??!?! :wacko:

I am not ready to enjoy other dramas though I think they will be rather good too! Coz I just miss TMETS!

I wont see any drama more until I am no longer crazy of TMETS!  Maybe it will take me a year!   :sweatingbullets:

haizzzzaaaa....