[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest lildebbie464

Okay, I have seriously NEVER cried so much while watching a drama xD

When Yang Myung died I was literally sobbing my eyes out, more than Hwon LOL

That scene was just so heartbreaking :'(( YM's whole life he put others before himself, even to the very end.

He was willing to sacrifice himself just so Hwon would never be threatened

SIGH!!! But omg, i was BLOWN AWAY by Jung Il Woo's acting, it was soooo spectacular!!!

The ending seemed very very rushed though. I wish they had spent more time cause Yeonwoo didn't even get to say goodbye to Yangmyung after everything he did for her.

And the rest of the scenes with Bokyung, the mom, etc. seemed super rushed :(

Guest JustPinay

same hereeee *hugsss* .. it's been a truly entertaining experience with you all :D

and i looove your pictures ... can i use one ?

one scene ... still glued on my head :P

*quoted image*

*uhuuuuyy* .. the Queen kiss back :wub: :wub: :wub:

PS : PeiPei, Gabjumz .. what speedo ? PM me :P

I certainly LOVE it!!! :wub:

The Moon Embracing the Sun End Spectacularly with 42.2% Highest Ratings

Read the full article here: http://asian-drama.org/the-moon-embracing-the-sun-end-spectacularly-with-42-2-highest-ratings/

1crazynyt, we'll miss you too!! I hope we will meet again in other thread :)

Two thumbs up...CONGRATULATIONS...certainly a well-deserved rating for this wonderful series!!!! :D

Guest altinneen

Great drama but i still hate that Seol and the prince  died !And that selfish princess in the end gets her husband back...and lives happilly!

While I am definitely upset that Seol and the Prince died...I mean I really do hate it and it kind of ruined the drama for me, I don't understand the anger towards the King's sister. The girl was a freakin toddler basically when she was used by her grandmother. And as you will recall in the episode where they showed her admitting what happened to her father, she didn't know what was gonna happen. She didn't know they were gonna try and kill the princess...plus the princess didn't even die...so what's the reason she can't be forgiven?

Guest show2007

Some of you might not like what am I going to say. I am a little bit disappointed the ending. I am glad that our OTP have a lovely ending but too many people have to sacrifice for "their long and lasting love". Too many people died. And the last two episodes went so fast like riding on a roller coaster...it should get an extention. It took them 6 episodes to build up the characters with the young actors/actress power but wrap it up in only 2 episodes. I cannot accept it.

Other than those evil charaters who deserved to be killed. I do not see the reason why N has to die, it is not her intention to kill YW and like YW stated, she did save her, protect her with all she can during the 8 years. Did she really deserve to die? YM, why a person like you have to go to this route...you can argue that he is sacrificing himself to save his brother and his beloved woman and to avoid any future Chaos. No matter how you say it...he is "committed suicide", I do not like the message! People should stay strong and find a way to live and not going the other way. Especially the last thing he can think of is YW? Overall the "shadow" "sun" & "moon" decided to kill themselves cos' all they want is the love from YW & Hwon? It is just too sad!

MW? So her punishment is only being a maid for like 6 years? Please enlighten me...I never feel Yeom love MW (I think he respect her as a princess and someone who help him and his family out during the difficult time) It always be a One-sided love. Anyway...why is that she has a happy ending?

I bawled like crazy from the last two episodes and I don't know if I have courage to rewatch it any time soon.

Guest altinneen

A few points about the ending that were annoying

1) We find out very early that the Prince was on the King's side....given that he was on the King's side and he knew that the council members were planning a coup WHY THE F' DIDN'T they just take them out in their homes while they slept. It wouldn't have been particularly hard between Woon and Yang Myun. Instead of chilling and letting them go attack Yeon Woo's brother and kill my poor Seol.... Yang Myun wouldn't have had to die either than. Hell tons of lives would have been saved. That's annoying me to no end. 

I'm still pissed about Seol if you can't tell. She was so innocent and good...she never even got to live her own life always just thinkin about Yeon Woo.....F' that.

2) There seemed to be many many people commenting that were so happy when the actual queen (you know the one who was married to the King) committed suicide. Just think about the life that poor girl had too. 1st off she was NOT the one that tried to kill Yeon Woo all those years back. Plus she was again an emo freakin teenager at the time. Since then she'd been married but received 0 love from her husband. In fact she was probably one of the loneliest characters in the entire show just being used by her father and being kept in a room in a 1 sided relationship. Frankly, the fact that the King treated her like $hit for years alone should be enough to forgive her. She's another girl that never got a chance to live her life. I didn't feel good about the King being by her dead body, it felt hypocritical. He could have easily taken care of her or kept her on the side, assured her or done something instead of keepin his wife away, unprotected, alone except for her maid. I was kind of bummed out when she lost her life.

3) Prince Yang Myun...that dude lost everything. What are the things he lost to the King. A) his father's affection or any sort of equal treatment from his father. Even though he asked his father first for that girl's hand in marriage and his father basically ok'd it, he turned that right on its head when the crown prince said he wanted her. B) the girl he loved. He loved her for far longer than Lee Hwon but eh, he's not the king so he can't have her. C) His friends. The king came in and made them his tools. D) his life. The King strikes me as very selfish at the end of the day. His death was sad as hell especially cause his character was cool as hell. I found myself wishing at times he just kidnapped Yeon Woo and ran away...and his death in and of itself was upsetting. There were like a hundred other soldiers around and Woon was there too just chillin for the 2 hrs it took that dude to crawl to his feet and after Yang Myun had put his sword down. They seemed pretty useless.

4) The King did nothing but cry the entire series...he was kinda lame

Some of you might not like what am I going to say.  I am a little bit disappointed the ending.  I am glad that our OTP have a lovely ending but too many people have to sacrifice for "their long and lasting love".  Too many people died. 

I agree with this sentiment. Child hood loves are wayyyyyyyyyyy overrated. No one hangs on to them to this extent.....and frankly is it worth so many ppl dying just to reclaim it...

*sigh* finally it must come an end....i dont like saying goodbye... I hv been avoiding this since last nite, i know...we can meet again in other drama, however, it will the never be the same...

I, thank you to all the kind hearted people who gave contribution to make this thread alive, the spoilers pics and vids, novel translation, gifs, wallpapers, etc..... Especially when u are a lame techie person ..hehehe ...i can't express my feeling in words beautifully but from the bottom of my heart it really means lot for me...

I wont saying goodbyes to certain people, since we are certainly will meet at the time travel drama and speedo drama kekekeke.... I'll see u again Gutter Girls... Keep on pervert !!! Hahahahaha

@ kelcy... Check ur inbox dear...

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

My tribute to TMETS.. Thank you! you made me happy for over 2 moths and let me escaped the crazy reality. To all my MoonSunners, It was a fun wild ride. I would never forget this experienced I don't usually stick around till the end coz most of the dramas I've watched before, I dropped them midway if my taste bud turned sour. I know, MoonSun wasnt a perfect drama and had a lot of flaws, but something about the drama that glued me till the end. I think I was possessed by MoonSun spirit or something that it was so hard to shake it off my system.

ilwoo_aein, tessieroo, gabjumz,padhari, toho81, aisling_, kelcy, gorres.Eja, azuwaza163 and husband, NRGchick, marie67,ad_fa, teebeepee, trisy, Auntie Mame, jordi. I know I miss a lot and I wish I could mention all names who actively participated here, but my brain is so limited..

jazzer, Love reading all your post, you always enlighten my cloudy brain when the drama turns into different direction.

angieknows_11 & s@nbi, Thanks guys for the videos and translations preview.

semi-fly, I havent used torrent before, but after the megaupload issue, I had to find an alternative then I found you. You are my life saver. Thank you so much and I know I will see you again definitely.

And lastly, I would never enjoyed TMETS so, so much without my infamous gutter girls...

peipei78, Pach, alexus,..

You made my viewing pleasure so colorful.. It wouldn't be fun without you guys..

I was a bit lost when you guys talked about Mr. Speedo. But you know me, when it comes to that kind of topic my comprehensive is good as great. That's my forte.. Good thing my friend metioned Mr. Speedo before but I wasnt really paying attention about him.. FYI! That's not the first time he had a scene like that, so before you seen him I've seen him before you. Bwahahahhhhahahah..

Lexie, dont worry he is all yours... Im a KSH pervy loyal. I just wiggle, wiggle just by looking at his blessed hands.

Those are pretty, and thanks for always at firsthand in sharing the photos. :D

Despite the writing odds, my praises goes to PD Kim Doo Hoon. I didn't cover other director's journey while handling a drama, and this is the first time. I admired how he ended this drama despite th MBC Crisis. He was like Woon who struggles between loyalty [the union] and his heart for his fans. When he twitted about his agony during the first weeks of strike, I was a little bit worried that he would eventually follow pursuit. But then, he stayed up to the last minute when he already have no choice [like everyone already joined and he was the only PD left :w00t: ].

He does not care if he will be criticized soon but his heart belongs to moonsuners as well.It maybe planned to distort the viewing schedules of MBC [because the whole week's drama line up was disrupted], but from his POV I also understand how he want to point out to the management that even if a show must go on-- fan service is void if the integrity of the company is unreliable.

While I was watching the cast 's goodbyes, I was happy to see KDH leading the pack of ending this drama on a high note. I was also touched reading his twits to all the casts [and also the oldies f4, as he mentioned it haha] and his praises for their commitment and passion for the drama, no matter how big or small their contribution is.

Overall, despite the continuity and editing glitches, this drama was shot beautifully. The cinematography was beautiful all through out. I can see how specific KDH was in terms of blocking, dictating symbols and metaphors to the drama as the story progresses.

-one example was the blocking sequences during the scene of young Hwon and Yang Myung, when YM pointed the sword to Hwon's neck. YM was always in the right side. Even at the monks house

419226_195312563908149_152170751555664_282712_2105470736_n.jpg

-and this one, when YM decided choose the King .

424971_204125983026807_152170751555664_302197_1868080954_n.jpg

Again, congratulations PD-nim!!

ADDED BONUS from IL WOO: - Fantagio [55 photos!!!]

429907_204589319647140_152170751555664_303367_1379736529_n.jpg

425664_204589622980443_152170751555664_303378_853996509_n.jpg

I came to understand now why JIW Choose this character, knowing that this is a second lead role. It is because of this. He want to challenge himself acting on this kind of difficult scene. And he surely did shine.

419595_204588582980547_152170751555664_303341_697008776_n.jpg

Guest JustPinay

my tribute to QUEEN Yeon Woo :wub:

*quoted image*

One can find fault in her acting probably...but I consider her one of the most beautiful asian female celebrities that I could think of... :rolleyes:

"The Sun and The Moon" rates 42.2% 'happy ending'

MBC "The Sun and the Moon" ended with breaking its own record.

According to AGB Nielson Media Research on the 15th, MBC "The Sun and the Moon" recorded 42.2% on its final episode.

This is 3.5% higher than the 38.7% rated in the nineteenth episode on the 15th. This record also breaks the previous record of 41.2% on the eighteenth episode. It ended in success.

The drama ended just like the original novel. Yang-myeong (Jeong Il-woo) who planned a revolt according to a plan preplanned with Lee Hwon (Kim Soo-hyeon), chose death and handed over Yoon Dae-hyeong (Kim Eung-soo) and his hit men under the king Lee Hwon's (Kim Soo-hyeon-I) order. Jang Nok-yeong (Jeon Mi-seon) also died.

Heo Yeon-woo (Han Ga-in) who got married the traditional way with Lee Hwon had a son and lived happily ever after. The drama ended with their kissing scene.

Meanwhile, SBS "Salaryman" and KBS2TV "Drama Special - Hwapyeong Princess's Weight Loss" rated 5.3% and 3%.

Ha Ji-won and Lee Seung-gi's "The King 2 Hearts" will be aired started from the 21st of March.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120316n03302

Credit:HanCinema

Cast and Crew Cry at ‘The Sun and the Moon’ Final Shoot

2012-03-16 10:37 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho

http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/conte..

If you shed a tear (or twenty) when sending off the beloved characters of MBC’s The Sun and the Moon on its final episode, take comfort because the cast and crew of the show did too.

On March 15, the homepage of The Sun and the Moon unveiled a video clip showing the final shooting done for the drama.

The clip opens by showing the production at its final shoot, which had Kim Soo Hyun and Jung Il Woo filming the death scene of Jung’s character, Yang Myeong.

After director Kim Do Hoon yelled “Cut!”, a big round of applause erupted for the cast and crew for their hard work before director Kim expressed his thanks to the actors and presented each of them with a bouquet of flowers.

As the actors hug and pose for pictures, tears begin to flow and things get pretty emotional as a sense of happiness, sadness, regret and gratitude is clearly evident in the air.

An emotional and seemingly overwhelmed Kim expresses his thoughts towards the end saying, “Yes, well, our drama finally… well, it really felt like a short time. I’m so sad it’s over. So sad it has ended and I was able to meet such precious people so during the filming I was so happy and always grateful. It was an honor. I will always do my best.”

To watch the full video, click here. You may want to have a tissue or two in hand!

Photo credit: MBC : http://www.enewsworld.com/Upload/News/Contents/39436464.jpg

Video : MBC

@peipei ... i'm sooo on my way there *wink-wink* :P

NRGchick ,we'll surely be missing the other 600 users of this thread won't we?Thank you all so much for everything,the hard work,videos,pictures,translations ,news.

DRAMABEANS RECAP FINALE

TMTES withdrawal symtomps begins..dear casts,don't make us wait too long for your next project!

Certainly will be missing this drama. Anyway TMETS was my first sageuk I’ve watched and definitely won’t be my last. Glad I jumped into the bandwagon. Great drama and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching this. Thanks to all who have shared pictures, news, videos and posted comments, explanations, which made viewing more pleasurable and fun. Grateful too for all the enlightening facts … this made viewing even more meaningful.

Sad it’s over but looking forward to yet another great drama.

2012-03-16 10:37 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho

http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/conte..

If you shed a tear (or twenty) when sending off the beloved characters of MBC’s The Sun and the Moon on its final episode, take comfort because the cast and crew of the show did too.

On March 15, the homepage of The Sun and the Moon unveiled a video clip showing the final shooting done for the drama.

The clip opens by showing the production at its final shoot, which had Kim Soo Hyun and Jung Il Woo filming the death scene of Jung’s character, Yang Myeong.

After director Kim Do Hoon yelled “Cut!”, a big round of applause erupted for the cast and crew for their hard work before director Kim expressed his thanks to the actors and presented each of them with a bouquet of flowers.

As the actors hug and pose for pictures, tears begin to flow and things get pretty emotional as a sense of happiness, sadness, regret and gratitude is clearly evident in the air.

An emotional and seemingly overwhelmed Kim expresses his thoughts towards the end saying, “Yes, well, our drama finally… well, it really felt like a short time. I’m so sad it’s over. So sad it has ended and I was able to meet such precious people so during the filming I was so happy and always grateful. It was an honor. I will always do my best.”

To watch the full video, click here. You may want to have a tissue or two in hand!

Photo credit: MBC : http://www.enewsworld.com/Upload/News/Contents/39436464.jpg

Video : MBC

@peipei ... i'm sooo on my way there *wink-wink* :P

Will surely miss everyone on the thread! See u at the next drama thread :lol:

Could anyone post this on YT? I can't load the clip :(

I haven't watched the final episode yet but have read softy's recaps. I am preparing the tissues now cos I am sure I will be sobbing like mad. :vicx:

Guest toho81

I just wanted to also say even though this drama had faults, I thought in general it did a good job with the time constraints, cold weather, strike, and mbc dragging out the script for an extension that didn't happen.And not to mention its a live shoot drama . I would have liked more details, but not going complain as the drama finished under these bad circumstances. I love Hwon, I am ok with Yeon Woo-neither hate her or love her, just like ok. But Yang Myung really touched my heart. He could have been written better, but I connected with him so much the way he is. I felt his sadness, pain, frustration, and regrets. I cried for the first time for a drama because of him. My heart broke as his broke and cried because he cried. I thought Jung Il Woo did a even better job acting here than in 49 days. His acting grew so much here and I agree with @teebeepee that Jung II Woo probably was willing to take this 2nd role as he knew Yang Myung was a difficult character to act and he wanted to challenge. This is the first time I felt with a character in a drama. YM's pain as he has to live a fake life for the sake of his brother, and he was drilled that way. My heart broke knowing that he really did want to hate his brother for having all he wanted, but YM couldn't overthrow him because he really did love his brother dearly no matter what. And again his love for YW, this is the first girl that he can be "normal" around, but he loses her to his king brother again. When he decides to let go, he learns that YW died and lived life regretfully as he thought he could have done more to save her. Then 8 years later, he sees that he may have a second chance with her, as she is a different person (WOL), but then his brother stands in the way again. He can't bare to let go AGAIN of the only thing he ever really wanted, more than the thrown. When he starts to get the feeling that Wol is YW, he couldn't bare to face the truth as he knew he would have to lose her again. His heart breaks into pieces for a second time. I REALLY FELT HIS PAIN AND THOUGHT HIS EMOTIONS ARE REALISITIC. What touched me even more is his friendship with Woon. Woon lost his love line with YW due to time constraints, but I was happy to see the drama put some emphasis with Woon and YM's friendship. They are both the concubine's sons and must understand the pain each other goes through due to that. I cried the hardest during the whole drama with Woon's last scene with YM. Their friendship during that moment broke my heart. I couldn't stop myself from tears when Woon asked him that last question and when YM gave his answer. A lot was said about Yang Myung's ending and this drama was way too indecisive on being itself or following the book, but I understood why Yang Myung chose to end that way. I may not agree with how his ending was, but I really do understand why he chose to give up. He really did love his brother too much and is willing to give up everything for his brother as he was willing to for YW also. YM may be a noble idiot for his choice but I understand that he did it for the love he had hidden deep inside for his brother. He knew his end would keep his brother safe forever. Jung IL Woo and Kim Soo Hyun must be brothers or at least best friends in a future drama. THIS WASN'T A PERFECT DRAMA, BUT I STILL GIVE IT AN "A" IN GENERAL AS IT DID THE BEST JOB IT COULD UNDER ALL THOSE PROBLEMATIC ELEMENTS (an extension that didn't happen but script was dragged already, freezing weather, NO TIME, and STRIKE). Thank you all cast and staff of TMTES. I