TNS Media Korea

20th episode:

Nationwide: 42,3%(+3,4%)

Seoul: 46,5% (+3,6%)

Average:

Nationwide: 30,1%

Seoul: 34,1%

Guest suncine445

The drama is pretty good overall. But I do find the last 2 episodes a bit let down after all the built up. The storyline is too rushed and not flowing naturally. It is like the director is just giving airtime to YM and Hwon only. The rest of the casts are side lined The reunion mother , brother and sister should be significant but is very pale and rushed. Over all a good drama but the ending took the a bit of the hype off for me.It could have ended as an epic drama.

Guest SuSHI_beast

*sighs heavily*

*still crying*

Darn it. I forgave Minhwa. I tried soooooo hard not to, but for some reason, I did. Perhaps because that annoying brat is played by such a fantastic actress, who managed to show a little remorse in the character's extremely irritating personality.

As for puppy...well...I'll get back to him... T.T

Overall, I liked this drama. I think it had many flaws, and it was definitely not my idea of a perfect 10. But I feel that for its original run, it deserved its high ratings and my devotion. Idk how often I will watch it again in the future, but I do like ALL the actors and actresses, and I will definitely watch any and all dramas they appear in from now on until I lose my ability to cry.

I spent all last night finishing my 15-page research thesis for a philosophy class, so for the first time with this drama, I wasn't able to get up early to watch the finale streaming. Obviously, this made me sad. We were watching really boring videos in Korean lecture today, so I took my laptop out and watched the last episode. This is kind of how it went:

Opening scene: *crying*

Fight scene: *crying*

Death scene: *HYSTERICALLY SOBBING*

At this point, my professor, 이 선생님,   came to the back of the room, where I usually sit. She looked really concerned, as did the guy who sits next to me. Through my hysterical tears, I managed to explain that my puppy was dead and that everyone in the universe should be crying. The guy sitting next to me started laughing...and my teacher gave a little shriek, covered her ears, and quickly said that she hadn't watched it yet, so she didn't want to know. Then she ran back to her seat, her hands still over her ears.

My poor puppy...at least he didn't continue to live like a lapdog; he went out on his own terms, obeying no one but himself. Loved Hwon's words here: "I didn't command you to die!" It really summed up the relationship between these poor boys...

*sniffs*

anyways, back to the recap.

reunion scene: *crying*

His Royal Hotness Crying scene: *crying*

consummation: *excited fangirl dance, followed by disappointment at a lack of naked King*

timeskip: *happy tears*

reunion of Yeom and Minhwa: *angry face,  followed by a heavy sigh and grudging forgiveness* That kid was just too cute.

ending: LOOOOOL. *happy giggle, followed by computer shut down since it was out of battery. thank goodness my computer understands me*

The End

I plan to watch "Rooftop Prince" next...with my other puppy. Oh, poor puppy in real life...the photos they've released of him are so sad. :(

Love you, MoonSunners!

Sushi

Guest toho81

I'm going to ask a stupid question again, after 17 yang myung had no beads on his hat as he did before, but when they showed him again mid episode 20, he had beads on his hat again. For me its weird as Yang Myung is a prince and those beads on his hat is a must as it shows his status. I just wanted to know anyone has a guess why? My thinking is after 17, he became a fake Yang Myung as he pretended to sell out his brother, but in mid 20 he was his own self again so that's why he has beads back in his hat. This is just my thinking.

Great ending. But I would have changed some things around like keeping Ym alive, delete NKs pointless death, an extended consummation scene, more interaction with the offspring, they should really do a sp episode. I like the ending, and finally saying goodbye to this drama after 3 months of being in drama obsession land, I have to go back to reality on earth. Pm, skks, and tmets have been the best sageuks I've seen thus far, until next time, bye everyone.

aww.. thanks for the link i've just watched their bts scene.. the 3 of them ( HS, hwon and woon) hugged and cried together..i guess they really work hard for the filming. I always saw them ( the S3) having an enjoyable time working together and having fun at the same time. i will miss them dearly and all of you here in this thread who contributed everything for tmtets drama. I would like to say a big Thank you to all of you.

Same feeling! I've never enjoyed a K-drama SO MUCH!

I will re-watch this show again and again.

BIG THANK YOU for everyone here for the sharing - BTS, screen shots, video, translation, discussion and sharing of information!

It is very touching to see them in the BTS - HS, Hwon and woon hugged and cried together. I think HS and Hwon will miss each other very very much!

I will miss Hwon and HS very much, too.  Such chemistry on screen and off screen !!!

Guest ZyLuvSukkie

I haven't watch the last eps, thats why I got shocked when I saw YM's death pic >.< how did he died???? scary >.<

20d.jpg

20e.jpg

20a.jpg

20b.jpg

20f.jpg

20c.jpg

My tribute to TMETS.. Thank you! you made me happy for over 2 moths and let me escaped the crazy reality. To all my MoonSunners, It was a fun wild ride. I would never forget this experienced I don't usually stick around till the end coz most of the dramas I've watched before, I dropped them midway if my taste bud turned sour. I know, MoonSun wasnt a perfect drama and had a lot of flaws, but something about the drama that glued me till the end. I think I was possessed by MoonSun spirit or something that it was so hard to shake it off my system.

ilwoo_aein, tessieroo, gabjumz,padhari, toho81, aisling_, kelcy, gorres.Eja, azuwaza163 and husband, NRGchick, marie67,ad_fa, teebeepee, trisy, Auntie Mame, jordi. I know I miss a lot and I wish I could mention all names who actively participated here, but my brain is so limited..

jazzer, Love reading all your post, you always enlighten my cloudy brain when the drama turns into different direction.

angieknows_11 & s@nbi, Thanks guys for the videos and translations preview.

semi-fly, I havent used torrent before, but after the megaupload issue, I had to find an alternative then I found you. You are my life saver. Thank you so much and I know I will see you again definitely.

And lastly, I would never enjoyed TMETS so, so much without my infamous gutter girls...

peipei78, Pach, alexus,..

You made my viewing pleasure so colorful.. It wouldn't be fun without you guys..

I was a bit lost when you guys talked about Mr. Speedo. But you know me, when it comes to that kind of topic my comprehensive is good as great. That's my forte.. Good thing my friend metioned Mr. Speedo before but I wasnt really paying attention about him.. FYI! That's not the first time he had a scene like that, so before you seen him I've seen him before you. Bwahahahhhhahahah..

Lexie, dont worry he is all yours... Im a KSH pervy loyal. I just wiggle, wiggle just by looking at his blessed hands.

Guest ZyLuvSukkie

Great drama but i still hate that Seol and the prince  died !And that selfish princess in the end gets her husband back...and lives happilly!

agree!!! I still don't like that selfish princess!!!

Guest alexus

Yes, I don't usually cringe when a person dies on screen but how that weapon pierced through his body was just too much for me. I get it why he had to die but why in that way? By an insignificant person? I was hoping for more of a meaningful death scene (though I was so hoping he wouldn't die period). Like trying to step in between Hwon and the flying weapon, or midst battle or something that didn't look like an obvious suicide sacrifice in Hwon's eyes. I couldn't bear to watch Hwon suffering and had to fast forward. Sad sad.After that even my gutter chick mode just fizzled right down to sad sorrow. tears.giftears.gif How could my mind even go there with such a gruesome death.

Gonna miss everyone here. Especially my Gutter Girls= 1Crazynyt, PeiPei Gabjumz ,PACH Have no fear. As long as there is Kdrama, we Gutter Girls will live on.

1Crazynyt You know I am a HUGE FAN of your Mad Talent!!! Bringing out the BEST of the BEST (guttermode) in All of US!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!! Can't wait till we meet again which I know will be SOON!! See you on the ROOFTOP!!

@starlitelet: I understand your point regarding the death scene, they could have made it better. His death is inevitable if the basis is the novel itself BUT I don't really like the way they executed the scene as if they just let him die/commit suicide. Hwon could have avoided it, he could have easily shot the guard with his bow and arrow whereas Woon is just few meters away from YM. Actually, it is somewhat similar to what happened with Seol.

What I really appreciate is they showed YM talking to Woon after his death. Seeing him happy at where he is makes me feel at peace. :)

I am sad that YM's character died but I am happy to see Jung Il Woo shine!!! :wub::wub:

---------

Han Ga In is really extremely exquisite in episode 20! I love the honeymoon part! I love when Hwon sigh and look bewitched by YW's beauty. No wonder how Kim Soo Hyun portrayed it perfectly! He doesn't really need to act! He just need to appreciate the beauty in front of him. kekkeke! :wub::wub:

Me too !! I love that honeymonn part too ...hwon sigh impatiently when the aide pour the water...hahahaha...just love it.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

My tribute to TMETS.. Thank you! you made me happy for over 2 moths and let me escaped the crazy reality. To all my MoonSunners, It was a fun wild ride. I would never forget this experienced I don't usually stick around till the end coz most of the dramas I've watched before, I dropped them midway if my taste bud turned sour. I know, MoonSun wasnt a perfect drama and had a lot of flaws, but something about the drama that glued me till the end. I think I was possessed by MoonSun spirit or something that it was so hard to shake it off my system.

ilwoo_aein, tessieroo, gabjumz,padhari, toho81, aisling_, kelcy, gorres.Eja, azuwaza163 and husband, NRGchick, marie67,ad_fa, teebeepee, trisy, Auntie Mame, jordi. I know I miss a lot and I wish I could mention all names who actively participated here, but my brain is so limited..

same hereeee *hugsss* .. it's been a truly entertaining experience with you all :D

and i looove your pictures ... can i use one ?

one scene ... still glued on my head :P

2l9rzbc.jpg

*uhuuuuyy* .. the Queen kiss back :wub: :wub: :wub:

PS : PeiPei, Gabjumz .. what speedo ? PM me :P

Jung Il Woo discusses his friendship with co-stars Kim Soo Hyun and Song Jae Rim

201203151331796915.jpg

201203151331796926.jpg

Jung Il Woo coped with the sadness from the conclusion of MBC‘s ‘The Moon That Embraces the Sun’ with Kim Soo Hyun and Song Jae Rim.

The picture revealed was taken on the set of the drama at the location of the final shooting. Jung Il Wo, saddened by the thought of ending his work with Kim Soo Hyun and Song Jae Rim, took pictures to keep as memories.

Jung Il Woo and Kim Soo Hyun play love rivals on set, but off set they are close friends who are the same age. It is already well known that when Jung Il Woo is on set with Kim Soo Hyun and Song Jae Rim, the laughter never ends.

Jung Il Woo said, “After ‘High Kick’, I didn’t have a lot of opportunities to work with people who were my age. For ‘The Moon That Embraces the Sun’ I am happy to have worked with friends who understands each other. I feel good, not only for the great production, but also for being able to make great relationships. We got close after hard days of filming. I am grateful to those friends.”

Jung Il Woo has received much praise for his acting by playing Prince Yang Myung ,a broad minded man with a bright personality, but longs for the love of one woman.

‘The Moon That Embraces the Sun’ aired its final episode this week.

Source & Image: Korea Economics via Nate

Credit: allkpop

Guest JustPinay

my thoughts exactly .... so nice to meet you here :D

and here's one ... that makes me STIIIIILL GRINNING :D ... till now ....

the King looks totally BEWITCHED !!! :wub:

*quoted image**quoted image*

OMG...Han Ga In is amazingly beautiful...can't take my eyes off her...she must be one of Korea's prettiest female celebrities... :rolleyes: