SM Global Auditions 2012

Guest starzXshinee

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Hey everybody!!!!! I too haven't received any email but then again, I sent my email application to "2012usa@smtown.com" on Dec. 20 so maybe it was because it was little late?

But I actually heard that the reason that the people who have sent their email applications to the Canada/USA email haven't gotten an email indicating their time and location is because SM is still grouping together the applicants. What I mean by this is that someone said they had sent an email to the help email address on the SM website asking why the reply emails haven't been sent out yet and SM emailed the person back saying something along the lines that 10 people are going to be in the audition room at the time so they are still grouping together 10 applicants for the same time slot and they won't send out the emails until they finished grouping together the applicants. Also in the email, SM said that the emails should be sent 1-3 weeks before each audition date. I guess this means that since New York is the first location in the Canada/USA section, anyone who applied to audition at the NY auditions will be getting their reply emails first?

If anyone receives a reply email that states your date and time will you be kind enough to post here and tell us??? That way, all of us who are still waiting for ours to come will be at some ease. Thanks ^^

^ Wow thanks for the info :) ...I'm guessing that this year they won't solicit an open type of auditions for this? Reading from your post it seems to me that they are only going to audition people who registered by email and walk-ins and last minute people who show up but didn't register by email won't be able to participate in the Global USA auditions this year?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

If that's so, it would make it much more organized. Then again, just because they SAY something doesn't mean they're going to actually do it...

I guess if they actually go through with this they're only going to let those who e-mailed audition, or they're going to place walk-ins at the end of the line. They sort of did that the last time they came to LA, but it wasn't that much of a difference because the walk-ins got mixed in with the e-mail applicants anyways lol.

Still, if it's true, i don't know how they're going to do that, a lot of factors are going to come into play. Are they really going to bar walk-in applicants? Are they going to make a list of e-mail applicants and check you off as you come? What about the people who arrive late/early, are they going to be let in anyways? I do hope if SM's going through with this they're going to have an efficient system, if not I don't think much of the audition process would change.

this year on the site, it states that direct registration won't be accepted. in every other years, they did say that they would allow you to sign up at the location but maybe, this year, it's different? 

it seems they've updated the audition website since I last visited. thanks for the info!

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^

If that's so, it would make it much more organized. Then again, just because they SAY something doesn't mean they're going to actually do it...

I guess if they actually go through with this they're only going to let those who e-mailed audition, or they're going to place walk-ins at the end of the line. They sort of did that the last time they came to LA, but it wasn't that much of a difference because the walk-ins got mixed in with the e-mail applicants anyways lol.

Still, if it's true, i don't know how they're going to do that, a lot of factors are going to come into play. Are they really going to bar walk-in applicants? Are they going to make a list of e-mail applicants and check you off as you come? What about the people who arrive late/early, are they going to be let in anyways? I do hope if SM's going through with this they're going to have an efficient system, if not I don't think much of the audition process would change.

^ True...I remember with Pledis Entertainment they tried to make it sound like only people who register by email can participate, but once I got their the walk-ins were mixed with the email applicants, AND they lost the list of email applicants so the emailees had to register with walk-ins anyway....yeah it was a waste of my time lol.

But then again this SM Entertainment a much bigger company than say Pledis, so hopefully maybe they will be organized with this type of audition.

Guest Namjachingu

Daisyfrallin is right. On my e-mail from SM, they said "Please be here around 3:40, only around this time" in Korean.

Guest DaisyFrallin

Daisyfrallin is right. On my e-mail from SM, they said "Please be here around 3:40, only around this time" in Korean.

Oh so they gave you a very specific time I see...Where are you auditioning at? I'm guessing you're auditioning in Korea since your email was in Korean.

Guest druella

I just sent in my email for the New York audition in February, so is it possible that I sent it too late? I didn't see anything about a cut off date for emails. 

Oh so they gave you a very specific time I see...Where are you auditioning at? I'm guessing you're auditioning in Korea since your email was in Korean.

in the past years SM would include a designated time with their email regardless, it just seems that this time they're actually going to stick by it, no exceptions.

As for e-mails, from my experience it's pretty much correct that they'll send it as the audition date nears. Probably a couple weeks prior to the auditions and on, so it probably isn't too big of a deal that none of us have received one yet.

Guest DaisyFrallin

I got my confirmation e-mail last night! ^^

YOU DID!!?!??!?! They sent you a date and time or was it the confirmation email saying that they have received your email audition application?

Guest 1nn0xsmile

Sent my LA-Application sunday, and got confirmation email today. It's just say they got my completed application, no time no location. I guess SM is taking time, maybe this audition will be very organized.

Guest starzXshinee

YOU DID!!?!??!?! They sent you a date and time or was it the confirmation email saying that they have received your email audition application?

Just confirmation. They said that they would e-mail me later when the date comes closer.

Where are you auditioning?

To the LA auditions.

Guest Namjachingu

Yup. Seoul on the 28th. Mine said 3:40. I'm waiting to see if anyone else from Korea got their reply yet, but yeah hahahaha.

Guest DragonJaewon

i guess im the outcast here cuz they still didnt send me the confirmation... >>

you're not. i haven't gotten mine either. :/

Archived