SM Global Auditions 2012

Guest starzXshinee

Guest mischiefpho

I'm not auditioning, but a friend mine will be. Does anyone know if I can go inside with her and see how she performs? Or do they allow that kind of thing. I'll be attending the Toronto one with her.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I'm not auditioning, but a friend mine will be. Does anyone know if I can go inside with her and see how she performs? Or do they allow that kind of thing. I'll be attending the Toronto one with her.

Visitors are strictly prohibited from entering the audition judging room. So no you won't be able to see your friend perform when she auditions. But you can go with her and wait with her at the front rest area and waiting rooms. But the audition room is private for only the auditionees and judges evaluation and not opened for solicitation.

so if you audition via youtube, it is like auditioning online instead of participating in the global auditions?

is it possible for people like us from asia to participate in global auditions held near our countries (e.g. the one in seoul etc.)

Also, if you send your video via youtube, do they post your video on the youtube channel? or not?

sorry for the many questions!

Guest mischiefpho

Visitors are strictly prohibited from entering the audition judging room. So no you won't be able to see your friend perform when she auditions. But you can go with her and wait with her at the front rest area and waiting rooms. But the audition room is private for only the auditionees and judges evaluation and not opened for solicitation.

Ahh okay. Thanks for the reply

Guest Lucia111

Hi guys It's been a month and half since I sent my form but... SM didn't respond or anything... :'C I don't know why because they should sent a confirmation e-mail but... :'c  Did anyone receive one yet? :/

Hi guys It's been a month and half since I sent my form but... SM didn't respond or anything... :'C I don't know why because they should sent a confirmation e-mail but... :'c  Did anyone receive one yet? :/

Unless SM Ent. is different then other entertainment companies, none of them send you a reply back unless they are interested.  There is no confirmation e-mail.

i honestly don't think you need to worry too much about the email applications. if they don't send you a reply saying they got your email, most likely they'll send you an email closer to the audition date with all the details (like time you should show up, place of audition, etc.) but even if you don't get an email at all or you didn't send an email application, you can still show up and they're still going to let you audition. you're going to have to fill in another application at the place anyways.

Guest pencilpapers

i honestly don't think you need to worry too much about the email applications.  if they don't send you a reply saying they got your email, most likely they'll send you an email closer to the audition date with all the details (like time you should show up, place of audition, etc.)  but even if you don't get an email at all or you didn't send an email application, you can still show up and they're still going to let you audition.  you're going to have to fill in another application at the place anyways.

this year on the site, it states that direct registration won't be accepted. in every other years, they did say that they would allow you to sign up at the location but maybe, this year, it's different? 

Guest Namjachingu

So nobody really got a reply yet? Even from the korean sm global auditions e-mail? My friend got a reply from the Korean SM Global Auditions e-mail today. Yet I didn't get one. Maybe they do reply to the one's their only interested in. Plus, he's really good looking. So maybe....hmmmm....idk lol.

P.S. Took only 5 days for them to reply

Guest Lucia111

So nobody really got a reply yet? Even from the korean sm global auditions e-mail? My friend got a reply from the Korean SM Global Auditions e-mail today. Yet I didn't get one. Maybe they do reply to the one's their only interested in. Plus, he's really good looking. So maybe....hmmmm....idk lol.

P.S. Took only 5 days for them to reply

I think for me maybe it's because I'm white...

Guest Namjachingu

@_Dovey: What did the e-mail say? Did you send it as audition for the Korea dates or International Dates?

Also if you didnt get an e-mail, check your spam. The e-mail SM sent was in the spam folder for some reason.

Guest _dovely

@Namjachingu: I sent it for international dates. 

Here's what the email said:

미국오디션2012

‘2012 S.M. Entertainment Global Audition’ E-mail confirmation

Thank you for submitting your application materials for the ‘2012 S.M. Entertainment Global Audition’.

This is to confirm that we have received your complete application. All applications will be reviewed beginning from now, and will be notified individually by e-mail in a month. Please note that the place of the audition has not been set yet. So please check your e-mail frequently until further notice.

We sincerely appreciate your support and we hope to see you soon at a performance.

Thank you.

Audition Manger

--------------------------

보낸 사람: 

보낸 날짜: 2011년 12월 7일 수요일 오전 9:18

받는 사람: 미국오디션2012

제목: 2012 S.M.Global Audition

Guest Namjachingu

@Dovely: Oh really? When did you send yours? (Nevermind I saw your post lol) Mine was totally different. Mine was this: (But in Korean, I translated it cause I can understand Korean):

"Hello. This is an SM Entertainment 2012 Global Audition's representative.

Thank you for showing lots' of love to this SM Entertainment 2012 Global Auditions.

We have received your application for the audition.

The location for your audition will be at "SM blah blah blah" at 28th etc.

Please be present during that time."

Guest DaisyFrallin

Hey everybody!!!!! I too haven't received any email but then again, I sent my email application to "2012usa@smtown.com" on Dec. 20 so maybe it was because it was little late?

But I actually heard that the reason that the people who have sent their email applications to the Canada/USA email haven't gotten an email indicating their time and location is because SM is still grouping together the applicants. What I mean by this is that someone said they had sent an email to the help email address on the SM website asking why the reply emails haven't been sent out yet and SM emailed the person back saying something along the lines that 10 people are going to be in the audition room at the time so they are still grouping together 10 applicants for the same time slot and they won't send out the emails until they finished grouping together the applicants. Also in the email, SM said that the emails should be sent 1-3 weeks before each audition date. I guess this means that since New York is the first location in the Canada/USA section, anyone who applied to audition at the NY auditions will be getting their reply emails first?

If anyone receives a reply email that states your date and time will you be kind enough to post here and tell us??? That way, all of us who are still waiting for ours to come will be at some ease. Thanks ^^

Guest starzXshinee

Oh wow, they are making it really organized now! I am just wondering what will happen if you miss your time. >.<

Will you have first priority like JYPE global?

I know the LA venue is going to be TINY. [During the weekly auditions, which is the same location, it was crowded and there was at most 30 people]

Archived