SM Global Auditions 2012

Guest starzXshinee

Guest luli.kai

I shall be going to the LA auditions! ^o^

Yay!! thank Gawd someone else! I dont have to be a creepy loner! ≧◡≦ 

have you sent in your application yet? Everytime I am about to send it I get so nervous lol.

But I dont want to send it too late because hearing everyone thats still waiting for their time and such... I dont want to lose my chance.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest starzXshinee

Just send in y our application. If you decide not to go then do not go. It is better than sending in your application late and either:

1. Get a really late time. If you do decide to go, the judges might be too tired to judge you properly.

OR

2. Getting a confirmation/ time schedule e-mail AFTER the audition.

Good luck! ^^

Guest Sam-chan

^ Hey Sam Chan ^_^ We really missed you :)

Thanks hon!

Yay! It's nice to be appreciated :D

I wonder if they'll have a rhythm test. I really wanna dance but I had surgery on my foot a month ago. I can only shuffle lol. So play me some Party Rock!

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

hope to see some of your soompiers there this year (: it's been a while for me and i love seeing your guys' faces ~ good luck everyone!!!

edit: and i just sent in my application (: i hope everything went well~ what are you guys auditioning for??~

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Thanks hon!

Yay! It's nice to be appreciated :D

I wonder if they'll have a rhythm test. I really wanna dance but I had surgery on my foot a month ago. I can only shuffle lol. So play me some Party Rock!

^ Every day I'm shufflin'! LOL

Yeah I'm wondering that as well...For this year's audition requirements only people who are auditioning for dancing will be required to dance in the rythm test. They won't allow people to bring their own CD or music to dance to this year which is pretty odd.

hope to see some of your soompiers there this year (: it's been a while for me and i love seeing your guys' faces ~ good luck everyone!!!

edit: and i just sent in my application (: i hope everything went well~ what are you guys auditioning for??~

^ I'm auditioning as a singer in the San Francisco audition :P

Guest DaisyFrallin

^ Every day I'm shufflin'! LOL

Yeah I'm wondering that as well...For this year's audition requirements only people who are auditioning for dancing will be required to dance in the rythm test. They won't allow people to bring their own CD or music to dance to this year which is pretty odd.

^ I'm auditioning as a singer in the San Francisco audition :P

Are they really not having the rhythm test this year!?!? How do you know? I already knew that they won't allow you to bring your own CD this time but I didn't know there would be no rhythm test.

^^ And I'm auditioning for singer too but for the New York audition 

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Are they really not having the rhythm test this year!?!? How do you know? I already knew that they won't allow you to bring your own CD this time but I didn't know there would be no rhythm test.

^^ And I'm auditioning for singer too but for the New York audition 

^ I don't...I'm just making an educational guess that either 1) only the dancers will do the rythm test 2) make the dancers do the rythm test with the other different category auditioners or 3) none of the above----->Which means they might not have it this year.

I'm just wondering how they will process their rythm test this year if the dancers are not even allowed to dance to their own choreography.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^ I was wondering about that also. I hope singers can still do the rythm test!

I feel as though the ppl who are auditioning for dancing might have to dance to music provided by sm and maybe make up something on the spot.

^ Most likely. I'm thinking they are putting more stress on dancers to dance freestyle than choreography more so this year or maybe they are just looking for someone who can just sing but dancing is not important? I'm guessing the first one though :P

Guest FutureKpop

Can someone tell me how long it takes for them to get back to you with your audition times and stuff? i sent in my application on the 31st, so when do you think will they reply with like a certain date or response? or will they not reply at all?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Can someone tell me how long it takes for them to get back to you with your audition times and stuff? i sent in my application on the 31st, so when do you think will they reply with like a certain date or response? or will they not reply at all?

^ Where are you planning to audition?

Guest Namjachingu

TIP:

For all the people wondering, they will and do reply to every applicant for the global audition e-mails. The people who do reply, are only there to tell you where and when your audition is, and for nothing else. They do not call you. You do not need to use Google Translate (Lol) because the person who replies speaks fluent English. They are also not automated messages. The whole, "the e-mail application is available for up to one day before the audition" is 100% true. 100% do not spam, if you send more than 3 e-mails, you will be spammed by the "smtown" website and they will not receive your applications.

Source:

I had a conversation through e-mail with the Chinese Global Audition person. The person replied within 3 hours, once a day for 3 days . They are actually quite nice.

Guest starzXshinee

I think the whole dancing ordeal is to cut time. If you dance and they like you, wouldn't they make you do the rhythm test anyway? So if your choreo is OUTSTANDING then you must be a good dancer which means you can do the rhythm test no problem. So why waste the judges time by having them watch you dance twice while 500 other people are waiting to audition?

Also, downsides to bringing your own CD is:

1. Auditioners may have practiced that particular piece for MONTHS to YEARS until they can perfect it and other than that dance, they have no rhythm at all which shows in the rhythm test ---> waste of time

2. Auditioners dance to k-pop dances

Long story short, if you are good at dancing, it will show during the rhythm test and you will not be wasting time. Plus, it will show true/ potential talents much faster.

Guest jennifer94

Omg. So excited and nervous. I'm going to the audition in New York at 3:30. I hope I don't have to wait long. Ugh. I don't know what I'll do even if I pass the auditions. My parents want me to go to college like Princeton. Ahhhhhhh!!!! So many thoughts running through my head.

Anyway, I wish anybody auditioning luck and the ability to stay calm ;) hopefully I'll see some people in NY! Ican just imagine all the Asian teenagers swarming NY that day o.O

Guest druella

Omg. So excited and nervous. I'm going to the audition in New York at 3:30. I hope I don't have to wait long. Ugh. I don't know what I'll do even if I pass the auditions. My parents want me to go to college like Princeton. Ahhhhhhh!!!! So many thoughts running through my head.

Anyway, I wish anybody auditioning luck and the ability to stay calm ;) hopefully I'll see some people in NY! Ican just imagine all the Asian teenagers swarming NY that day o.O

We have the same call time, so I bet we'll see each other. Good luck!!

Guest DaisyFrallin

^ Most likely. I'm thinking they are putting more stress on dancers to dance freestyle than choreography more so this year or maybe they are just looking for someone who can just sing but dancing is not important? I'm guessing the first one though  :P

Ok so this is a little bit out there and a little bit off topic in a way but when you mentioned the "or maybe they are just looking for someone who can just sing but dancing is not important?" it got me thinking of another idea that has come up on some other forums I've been reading. So as you all might already know, SM plans on debuting their new boy group EXO very very soon but Jino, one of the members of SM the Ballad and someone who was predicted to have been a member of EXO, is not going to be a member of EXO the group. Alot of people are saying that when SM announced that they had plans on debuting two boy groups that were, at the time, named M1 and M2 (who people are now assuming were Exo-K and Exo-M), they had also announced a third boy group to debut called M3. Alot of people were saying that M3 was supposed to be a vocal based group and that Jino would be debuting in this group. So where exactly am I going with this idea? Maybe this year they are looking for strong singers because they need more members for this third vocal group that people are saying SM will debut. I don't know. I just thought I'd share my ideas on this topic. LOL....Ok I'm done. 

Anyways, to make things more relevant, does anyone have the 2:30 time slot for the NY audition? I can't find anyone else who has this time :3

Guest FutureKpop

^ Where are you planning to audition?

I'm planning on auditioning in LA on march 3rd. i sent my application like 4 days ago on the 31st. do you have any clue when i would be receiving a reply?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I'm planning on auditioning in LA on march 3rd. i sent my application like 4 days ago on the 31st. do you have any clue when i would be receiving a reply?

^ You'll probably get a reply around the end of February. They are only going to email people who registered at their designated areas as the date draws near. That's why only the New York auditioners are getting their email notifications right around now now.

I'm auditioning for the San Francisco one so they aren't going to email me nor the other SF auditioners till probably two weeks later.

Archived