[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Just watched the subbed Ripley interview of Yoochun. His ideal among the two actresses! Tough question and Yoochun had a hard time getting out of it. KSW was not helping at all. That man has a wicked sense of humour:lol:. Hope he gets to use at least 10% of that wickedness in Ripley.

@ intan

I think Yoochun made a very wise choice based on whatever I have seen. It is still not clear who Miri is going to choose or how it will all end. But if it is his growth as an actor that he wants, then he has picked the right project for sure.

Like you, I too hope the ratings are good for this one. That was the only disappointing thing regarding SKKS.

Ripley looks good so far. Fingers crossed!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks laura for the relationship chart and the video of who is micky yu .Ur profile pic is too cute .It was really funny .LDH and Yutaka were laughing so much . And KSW is really funny man .So the "monto" resort is different and "A" hotel is different. Looks like yutaka is working in "A " hotel to know abt this hotel.

After reading character description i felt all character are so interesting that i am waiting for 30th may to come soon . And felt bad for Ksw his wife is cheating on him poor guy.

MIRI AND YUTAKA = MIKA OR YURI COUPLE :wub:

MYUNGHOON AND MIRI = MYUNGRI COUPLE :w00t:

YUTAKA AND HEEJU = YUJU OR YUHEE COUPLE :D

any other suggestions???

Yutaka - Miri can also be named as Yumi. Yumi, Yuri, Mika, all r beautiful, how can we make a choice? *quoted image*

I'll go for Yuju for Yutaka - Heeju couple xD... 

I will go for Yuri for Miri and Yutaka couple and Yuju for Yutaka and Heeju couple :D

About Miri and MYUNGHOON, how about Mihoon or Hoonri??

Here is some videos of Miss Ripley conference and interviews:

dramaconanpd.net

ETN TV

OBS TV

Also this is a cut from Magazine1 program about Yuchun includes some BTS from Miss Ripley of hin and LDH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lr9EpemL_w&feature=share

Thanks to all the uploaders ,

Thanks apqaria for the link of the video.:)

The more scene i watch the more i want to watch the drama soon .

Saw a funny clip of when someone while interviewing by mistake told Miss Ripley team as Miss Lee Team OMG the way Park yoochun and LDH cracked up laughing .

Guest miss_h

Looking back to the last argument, Idk why there's a need to take that particular article into your heart.

I remember Song Joong Ki, Yoo Ah In, and Park Min Young jokingly said that they will be hated by YC fans in the press conference and they teased him to the max about his idol status because they feel comfortable with him and know that he can take a joke. And he did. They are all best friend right now.

Anyway, in my opinion, Lee Dae Hee, Kim Seung Woo, and Kang Hye Jung is a PROFESSIONAL actor/actress and they are all are good actor/actress. If it's needed and written in the script, they will hit/slap YC hard without minding his fans, because they also have PRIDE on their job. So don't worry much...

I must confess that for my fan heart conveniency, I am incline for YC to pick a rom-com or something lighter other than Ripley for his next project. I don't know if he is ready enough to play a heavy melo-drama, but I guess he takes this job very seriously (like he say, he didn't like the actor or singer occupancy, it just comes by loving the jobs (acting and singing)). Also, playing along veteran like these three doesn't really help to calm down my nerves (sorry YC, noona love you, she really do :) ), but I remember how good he is in SKKS when he play with the 'old' actor and he kinda 'absorbed' their skills. So... let's see.. I pray that he will deliver his character.

Last drama I watched of Lee Dae Hee's is EoE, and I just realize that I also left the drama when she left it (it's purely coincidental, the story just get boring). She is a good actress, just get surrounded by a lot of unfair rumor, so I think she need this project to proof herself as an actress. So I prepare to watch one hell of good acting from her. The teaser really show that she gives all of her in this project.

Kim Seung Woo, Kang Hye Jung has been in good side of media so I don't have that much comment on them except that they made a very interesting choice of character in this drama. Why do they want to play the second lead? Why Kang Hye Jung pick a role, which by the book, is more boring than Miri? Honestly, these two decision really strengthen my reason to roots for this drama.

I can't wait for 30th May.. Ripley FIGHTING!!!

@apqaria

Thanks for the videos, dear.  I too will take Yuri and Yuju. MiHoon sounds better.

@princess.shah

Quite glad they grilled the Press. They gave Yoochun such tough questions.:D

@fly_micky

KSW is such a riot. Great to see Yoochun doubling over with laughter.

@miss_h

Yoochun enjoyed working with Kim Gap Soo so much in SKKS and seems to relish such opportunities. It will be a learning experience for him. We all know he doesn't take the easy way out.  So we will have to trust his instinct.:)

i dont know if this was posted

Ripley press con subbed

Chun must be exhausted. I hope we dont have a repeat of the SKKS scandal hospital visits ( i guess we already had one though :( )

plus CJES is thinking of adding one more stop (possibly to seoul) so it will be even harder for him,

vancouver, NJ, LA, san jose, busan , seoul?, tokyo

Ripley is turning out really well.

I've been keeping an eye on the ratings and since BFB has taken over LTM and the Duo continues to dominate i have high hopes!

Thanks i_d_h_i for the subbed video, at last I can understand what they are saying. KSW is indeed one funny guy :lol:

Hope Yuchun don't have any more health problem, he is indeed working hard for this drama during his busy schedule. Wish this drama will be a success for the sake of that great cast. It is indeed seems promising. Hope it lives up to our expectations and be a big hit.

Friends, one week to go :w00t: Do you think they will release a new teaser today after "The Duo" airs or the same one as before?

Ripley Fighting :wub: :wub:

Guest ngthuhien149

MBC Ripley Poster Shooting - Kim Seung Woo Park Yoochun Lee Da Hae Kang Hye Jung

Cr: Me

enjoy it

Lee Da Hae looked elegant

Kang Hye Jung looked so innocent and fresh

Kim Ajjushii is really charming

Yoochun is handsome as ussual

In the vid someone posted above, the reporter said that Yoochun should get a nice lady for him. Kim Seung Woo said that he already had one. Everyone startled XD then he said that were his fans. The love his fans give him are too much that he cannot love evnyone else. Then Kim ajushii turned to Yoochun and asked: "Am I doing well?" XDXD

He also thank Yoochun's fans for sending a lot of high quality red wine to the filming group. He also asked for more XDXD

random but what does the vid have to do with " the best phone s*x in the world"???

I love Go tho ><

Guest ngthuhien149

[110523] New Ripley Teaser with English Sub

Cr: inheavenwJYJ

Kudos for JYJ fans' fast sub

"She who has nothing meets him who has everything" -----> Love this so freaking much

So that is our Miri and Yutaka with their 2 different worlds. I think I need to be hyped up for this couple as well. I have not seen their chemistry like I did with Yuhee couple but I hope they grow on me when the drama starts to air,

Guest ngthuhien149

OMG ADORABLE ><

201105240915773690_1.jpg

201105240932569161.jpg

483778(0)-550366_67873.jpg

Pics from news today....MA COUPLE

I am still waiting for our main couple tho :wub:

Obviously it shows how different btw YUtaka-Heeju and Miri-Myunhoon. Yesterday there was a news about the Miri and Myunhoon's 1st meeting, it was under the rain, all looked so dark and miserable. This one is just bubbly and sweet :wub: I hope I will like how they build 2 different sides of the story ^^

^^ those PICS :o

i might start shipping thw "2nd" couple

That.is.adorable.

i have a feeling though that considering the plot of the story the second lead (KHJ) gets the guy in the very end.

if Jang Miri =Shin Jeong Ah (or if it truly is based on "the talented mr. Ripley" JM's character might be unredeemable.

Thus JM-Yutaka might be the "OTP" but KHJ-Yutaka might be endgame.

Just a hunch based on the plot. It is WAYY too early to tell though ;)

Guest ngthuhien149

[NEWS] Yoochun and Kang Hyejung Film a Date Scene in a Baseball Field

“Where Did They Leave Tablo” Kang Hyejung – Park Yoochun, Surprise Date In the Baseball Field

20110524_1306198915.jpg

Park Yoochun and Kang Hyejung of “Miss Ripley” showed up in a baseball field and unfolded a surprise date.

In the new MBC Mon-Tues drama that will be aired on the 30th, “Miss Ripley,” Park Yoochun will play the role of Song Yoohyun, the top “Prince Charming” of this generation who has looks, abilities, and background, and Kang Hyejung will play the role of Na Heeju, who is from the same orphanage as Lee Dahae and has innocent and pure sensibilities.

In the drama, Song Yoohyun and Na Heeju has met in Hotel “a” by a concidence. Furthermore, as it is revealed that Song Yoohyun’s close friend Ha Chuljin is Na Heeju’s cousin, the two become close.

Na Heeju and Song Yoohyun promise to watch a baseball game by bringing friends but as the friends cancel only the two come to watch the baseball game. In order to film this story, Park Yoochun and Kang Hyejung visited the Mokdong Baseball Field on the 3rd.

The filming was held right before the actual game between Nexen Heroes and Kia Tigers began. To cheer realistically, Park Yoochun and Kang Hyejung held in their hands the stick-balloons of Nexen Heroes (who have as their home the Mokdong Field) and showed off a scene of an enthusiastic baseball date as if they were completely absorbed in the game.

In particular, the afterword is that Park Yoochun and Kang Hyejung were as excited as children, such as following one by one the cheer choreography that the cheerleader of Nexen Heroes showed off in the front. The two, who were learning slowly the choreography with the cheer song, expressed naturally their happiness, such as exploding in a shouting cheer together or drumming their feet.

The production staff said that Park Yoochun and Kang Hyejung, who are said to like watching baseball games in regular life, were all smiles, saying that to be in the field was itself a fun and happy experience.

The production company relayed: “This baseball scene was proceeded with by having Park Yoochun and Kang Hyejung learn the cheer from an actual cheerleader in order to vividly film their cheering. Thanks to the two who are said to like watching baseball games in regular life, their enthusiastic cheer were more properly portrayed.”

At the same time, “Miss Ripley” is of the content that a lie that a woman tells without meaning to bears another lie and she falls into a pit of lies and faces a crisis in which she stands to lose everything due to lies. Furthermore, it is an authentic melodrama in which the two men who have come to love this woman with greedy desires have conflict and reconciliation in between love and destruction.

yc02.jpg

Source: Sports Seoul

Translation Credit: JYJ3

May 24, 2011

Love, ambitions & lies in 'Miss Ripley'

By Kwon Mee-yoo meeyoo@koreatimes.co.kr

1105251403.jpg

Liars are dominating the small screen in the Monday/Tuesday time slot. Gong A-jeong of “True Romance” on SBS is faking a marriage to defend her pride, while Lee So-yeong of “Baby-Faced Beauty” on KBS lies about her age to get a job.

Another impostor is joining the race for fake lives — actress Lee Da-hae stars as Jang Mi-ri in MBC’s new soap “Miss Ripley,” and this heroine is a woman of large caliber compared to other leading ladies.

Jang grew up in an orphanage and was adopted by a family in Japan. However, she had to survive on the streets before escaping to Korea. Life in Korea proves to be tough as well, as she finds employment difficult with just a high school degree, and she even gets sexually molested by an executive during a job interview.

Her breakthrough comes when she is hired at a top-class hotel after fabricating her academic record, making herself a graduate of the University of Tokyo. On her way up the social ladder, she takes advantage of two men in the hospitality business that fall for her.

1105251404.jpg

As the title indicates, the drama is inspired by the Hollywood movie “The Talented Mr. Ripley,” a story of an underachiever who uses his talents to forge someone else’s life. “I always thought it’d be better to be a fake somebody than a real nobody,” Ripley said in the movie and so does Jang in the drama.

Makers of the TV show vacillated between “Goodbye Miss Ripley” and “Ripley” in choosing the title but ruled out using the word “goodbye.” The director said there is a superstition about the word hindering the success of dramas.

Lee’s character is said to be have been inspired by Shin Jeong-ah, a former curator convicted for fabricating her academic credentials and embezzling funds. Lee said the role is a turning point in her acting career. “I know she is a villain and unforgivable under common standards. However, I sympathized with her and want the viewers to understand why she made such extreme choices,” Lee said during a press event in Seoul on May 17. “However, the motif is just a motif and Jang is not an onscreen version of Shin.”

The four principal actors of the drama are display distinct individualities. “It is as if we’re at different points and finally meet at a crossroads. We are so dissimilar, but we create great harmony,” Lee said.

The two men that fall in love with Jang are played by veteran actor Kim Seung-woo and singer-turned-actor Park Yu-chun of JYJ.

Kim said he wanted to portray deep, profound love and was attracted to the drama for this reason. His character Jang Myeong-hun is the general manager of the hotel where Mi-ri works. “He suddenly falls in love for the first time in his 40s. I think actors in my age would express such emotions well,” Kim said.

He also revealed that he sees a psychiatrist after filming a movie or drama. “Actors are psychologically affected after playing someone else’s life. I’ve been going through counseling for about two-and-a-half years now and I think it is not something to hide,” Kim said. “I might go see my shrink after shooting this drama, as Jang will be wounded by this love.”

Park, who successfully transformed into an actor from a pop idol through “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” last year, plays the role of Song Yu-hyeon, the heir of a famed resort company. He said he related to his character’s personality. “Song is very gentle and has good manners. He is not arrogant like other rich people,” Park said. “This is first time for me to act in a drama set in modern times and it feels great to work with such great actors and actresses.”

Despite the burden of a sophomore complex, Park showed confidence in his character and the soap, emphasizing the classic, serious aspect of the drama.

Actress Kang Hae-jung takes the role of Na Hui-ju, a friend of Mi-ri from the orphanage. Her character work at the same hotel as Mi-ri, and risks danger if she reveals the truth about this Miss Ripley. She has returned to the small screen after four years. “Na was not a big character at first, but she is growing up throughout the drama,” Kang said.

The drama kicks off next Monday at 9:55 p.m. on MBC.

Archived