[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest JPhylls

Whoever felt a spark between Yutaka n Heeju have reasons to do so. Heeju has a crush on Yutaka. But Yutaka is head over heels in love with Miri. LOL~ So we'll have 2 love triangles here:

- Myunghoon - Miri - Yutaka

- Miri - Yutaka - Heeju

I found many ppl shipping for Yutaka - Heeju, but me still loyal to the mainstream Miri - Yutaka xD. Yutaka - Heeju couple is very cuteeeeee, but I only found the deepness in Miri - Yutaka. Miri is so too much alike Myunghoon (ambitious, started at the lowest position), and Yutaka is too much alike Heeju (sweet, warm, bright). Besides, from those slogans, we see that those 2 complement each other:

I have the world, but it is fake...  

If Yutaka has Miri, his world won't be fake anymore.

I want to have the world, even if it is fake...

Miri uses a fake love to have Yutaka (and Myunghoon) to get the world, but she will realize that her method is fake, but her love is not. Haha I don't know if I'm making any sense. In the end if she didn't love Yutaka for real, then his sentence would be understood as: He has Miri, but her love (his world) is fake. Then it'd be tragic for everyone tears.gif

Well anyway I'm team Miri - Yutaka!!!

Btw did someone think of the couples' names? It's too long to have to write down their full names haha...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dangermousie

I kept lurking on this thread but the trailer finally brought me out of the woodwork!

I loved both the trailer and the ep 1 preview. It looks melancholy yet intense. And it doesn't look like anything else currently airing. The dysfunctional vibe overall reminds me of Memories of Bali a bit, and that was one of my fave dramas.

Also, I might be biased because I am a LDH fangirl, but she blew me away in the trailer - her desperation and smarts were all really palpable. The hints of her background (being a street walker ?!?! I have never seen that in a kdrama heroine) do a lot to explain why she's so desperate to claw her way to success.

I also liked Yoochun - glad to see he fits as well in a modern drama as he did in SKKS. I am shipping Miri with Yutaka because they look like they have chemistry in the trailers but also because it would be an interesting reversal of the usual kdrama dynamics - the girl is the damaged one with secrets and the guy is the nice innocent one who might save her.

Can't wait!

Also, I recognize a lot of people from Chuno thread here - yay - makes me feel less shy :)

Guest ngthuhien149

Park Yoochun changes more than just wardrobe for Ripley

Reporter : Jessica Kim jesskim@

Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

2011051717151642151_1.jpg

The site does not allow any kind of copying so I will not post the whole thing here but I recommend u guys to read them, it gives you a better understanding of Yutaka n other characters as well

What are the differences are between the characters Yoochun played in his acting debut drama "SungKyunKwan Scandal" and upcoming drama "Miss Ripley," both well-rounded and all-around perfect at first glance?

Park jokingly responded, "That I've gone from wearing hanbok to Western clothes?"

In "SungKyunKwan Scandal," every member of the cast had worn the hanbok, or traditional Korean attire [...] but "Miss Ripley" is set in modern day Korea and the main characters' lives revolve around a five-star hotel.

However, on a more serious note, Park then explained, "I think the way in which they express their pain is different. Unlike Lee Sun-joon from 'SungKyunKwan Scandal,' Yutaka is seen with a grin on his face from the very beginning but he will become an increasingly sad and tearful character."

The Lee that Park played in "SungKyunKwan Scandal" was [...]

On the other hand, a video played at the press conference showed Yutaka, Korean name Song Yuhyun, as a seemingly well-mannered, kind-hearted and humble heir to the owner of a top resort yet Park said he regarded him "an extremely strong character because he has actually been wounded very deeply."

This was an aspect that has helped Park relate to Yutaka more than Sun-joon, the latter whom he had said he was similar to in many ways, the idol star added.

"We [Yutaka and I] have even more in common. For example, when Yutaka is at the airport, he looks very well-mannered and friendly but I could feel that it's not because he doesn't have any worries or is completely at ease with his life. I knew it was because he has suffered from a hardship before so I wanted to a good job of showing that," Park explained.

Park did not elaborate on the suffering Yutaka had to endure but briefly remarked that his personal experience is related to his family while growing up.

Nonetheless, the first few episodes of "Miss Ripley" will show a cheerful and carefree Yutaka who develops emotions for Lee Da-hae's character Jang Miri, a woman who starts living a fake life for success after being tired of facing obstacles to life due to her background.

About Kang Hye Jung'a character?

Actress Kang Hye-jung will also star in the series, playing Na Hee-joo who was friends with Jang at an orphanage when they were young and later has a crush on Yutaka.

I 'd love to see how they develop Yutaka ><

Can't wait ><

I thought this article was interesting.

Kim Seung Woo Confesses “I’ve been Receiving Psychotherapy for Two Years”

by: cherryspirit on May 18, 2011 

395271_large.jpg

Actor Kim Seung Woo confessed that he has been receiving psychotherapy for the past two years. At the MBC’s “Miss Ripley” Press Conference that was held on the 17th at the Seoul Banyan Tree Hotel, he revealed “Every time a finish shooting a new project, I get mentally injured. And it’s been two years since I’ve received counseling for it.

395269_large.jpg 

The actor stated, “Actors suffer from injuries of their souls because they have a difficult time recovering from their role within the project. Even in this drama, I will be acting that I love Lee Da Hae for over two months. Since it’s going to be painful love, I think I’ll be going through the same experience (psychotherapy) again this time.”  He added, “In the past, I minded about others knowing that I receive psychotherapy. However, these days, a large number of actors receive treatment from counselors.”

The drama “Miss Ripley” will air its first episode on the 30th.

credit:  http://www.soompi.com/news/kim-seung-woo-confesses-ive-been-receiving-psychotherapy-for-two-years

Guest noopie_1

Can't wait to see Miss Ripley airing this 30 May!

I love to see the interaction between HeeJu (played by KHJ) and Yutaka (by yoochun). HeeJu character seems cute n innocent. But I think she will get hurt at the end, because Yutaka loves Miri. I just hope, Miri won't hurt yutaka alot.

I'm not a big fan of melodrama, but since yoochun is here, I'm gonna give my 100% full SUPPORT!

I love Yutaka character, he seems a very humble, polite, charming guy! Yoochun acted really well as yutaka n love all his modern looks in Miss Ripley!

Guest imogene_af

I think acting can be either really, really fun because you are basically playing child-make-believe building a new character and a new world, which can be such an exhilirating experience... but on the other hand, I can see why it is mentally exhausting especially if you have to do such painfu roles like this one.

I know Lee Da Hae is getting a whole lot of hate due to her choices and controversies she is involving herself in, but if you cannot even feel Miri in just the first few minutes of the trailer, I don't know what else will get you to get beyond such raw emotion. As anger flickers in her eyes and sadness crawls in, desperation suffocating her, her presence and power pulsuating in just a few minutes... and rape depictions are very painful things to shoot, and as bad as it sounds she shows such beautiful destruction. Something apart from the damsel in distress or cheerful roles she usually plays.

Now, on the other hand, I have never seen Kang Hye Jung in a cheerful role, she usually depicts intelligent, strong willed women who you will not describe as "sweet imaged" like her role here, but she does it quite effortlessly. It will be very new for me to see her like this, she is known for her very INTENSE and quirky side , playing an on-paper Miss Sunshine is something new for her. It's almost like Da Hae and her, had a little switch. You would almost expect Ms. Kang to do such a role like the actual bad Ripley... so this change of pace would be exciting. She has sheer brilliance in her, so taking on uncharted territory will be real good.

Kim Seung Woo has always been top notch, I have seen him in a lot of dramas and he may not be traditionally handsome in that Kdrama manboy sense, but his screen personas never disappoint. His character seems like what I would imagine for Miri's benefactor, there is a "teacher" sense. He seems really compelled with Miri in that scene between her and the old man.

Yoochun's boyish charms and this innocent haze in his eyes, works well for his role as Yutaka to contrast Miri. I would ship Yutaka and Heeju if this was a romantic comedy starring Kang Ji Hwan and Yoon Eun Hye ... but this is a dark melodrama with hints of redemption ... no holds barred, this is a story of a professional liar escaping her dark past. Characters with rough edges... a celebration of beautiful destruction.

BUT that is too early to tell. I could end up really like Yutaka and Heeju but I feel people are drawn to them more because they are presented in the usual manner that we would like to see our romances (at least in the KDrama realm) i.e. rich hotel heir- klutz cheerful poor girl dynamic, lots of laughter, etc.

right now... I know Miri is kind of far from a happily ever after with her love, but I want her to experience real love, her own burst of sunshine in the harsh, dark world she immerses herself in. I do think it is Yutaka who can do that for her. Even if they are not THE end game just a taste of true love for her is enough for me... me... who at least is getting already a little invested in her. But I do not see a peachy ending for her, her only chance for her own twisted, happy ending is to be truly LOVED. Hence, the title... "Miss Ripley who I Loved"... grammatical errors or not.

So why am I so longwinded?

Cuz I am excited.

w00t at dangermousie joining the fun. :w00t:

waaaaa, Imogene, how I miss your post, an intelligent post like this is hard to find and very few at the moment. Love it and to see Dangermousie and Hangrid here, ..makes me so happy--'glory of Chuno days'.

Guest au_dinosaur

I thought this article was interesting.

Kim Seung Woo Confesses “I’ve been Receiving Psychotherapy for Two Years”

by: cherryspirit on May 18, 2011 

Actor Kim Seung Woo confessed that he has been receiving psychotherapy for the past two years. At the MBC’s “Miss Ripley” Press Conference that was held on the 17th at the Seoul Banyan Tree Hotel, he revealed “Every time a finish shooting a new project, I get mentally injured. And it’s been two years since I’ve received counseling for it.

*quoted image* 

The actor stated, “Actors suffer from injuries of their souls because they have a difficult time recovering from their role within the project. Even in this drama, I will be acting that I love Lee Da Hae for over two months. Since it’s going to be painful love, I think I’ll be going through the same experience (psychotherapy) again this time.”  He added, “In the past, I minded about others knowing that I receive psychotherapy. However, these days, a large number of actors receive treatment from counselors.”

The drama “Miss Ripley” will air its first episode on the 30th.

credit:  http://www.soompi.co...y-for-two-years

This is nothing to be ashamed about and in fact I'm really glad that he's acknowledging it as nothing shameful.  It's a mark of a good actor that they're able to immerse themselves so completely in a role and it's also healthier for them to work out the emotions and issues that acting as that character/becoming that character has brought out in them.

I don't really understand the big taboo in Asian cultures against seeking treatment for mental health.  It can range from very minor to very serious but it's necessary.

Anyway, I'm really excited about both the premise and the cast!  Lee Da Hae was excellent in the trailer and the other two veteran actors have quite a lot of experience behind them!  Yoochun is very lucky to be working with such a stellar cast so he can learn and grow at a faster rate.

Guest mojojojodd

[TRANS] 110517 Lee Da Hae – “Please Bear With Me Till The Fourth Episode.”

ripleypresscon2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lee Da Hae and Kim Seung Woo spoke like they were afraid of Yoochun’s fans, bringing about great laughter.

MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Miss Ripley” (Screenplay: Kim Sun Young, Director: Choi Yee Seob) held its press conference on 17 May, at 11am at the Seoul Banyan Tree Totel. Kim Seung Woo, Lee Da Hae, Park Yoochun and Kang Hye Jung were present for this event.

When introducing her role in the drama, Lee Da Hae said “Initially, I was very dismissive towards Yoochun, so I’m a little concerned. Everyone, please bear with me until the fourth episode and it will be okay.”

Following that, she clarified an earlier issue about the couple outfits, saying “Actually it wasn’t anything much, but when you play an on-screen couple it is easy to cause misunderstandings,” then she smiled and said, “There is a short hugging scene, but I kept worrying about the fans so I couldn’t commit to the scene.”

After hearing this, Kim Seung Woo quickly added “I beg the producers, even if we need to have a scene where our relationship is bad, please do not write in any scenes with me hitting Yoochun,” causing bouts of laughter from the audience present.

Following “The Duo,” and airing on 30 May, “Miss Ripley” is about a woman who happens to tell a lie which sparks off a string of lies, and is caught in a landslide which eventually leads to a crisis in which she could lose everything. It is typical melodrama about woman who is filled with greed and the two men who fall in love with her, the conflict and resolution of love and destruction.

Source : [baiduTVXQ + Newsen]

Translated & Shared by : dongbangdata.net

That is so sad that they have to be afraid of someone's "fans".  I hope his involvement does not ruin the drama if this is the case.  Seriously, why should they be afraid to "ACT" in a drama?

Who'd want to work with him then with this kind of reputation?

Guest JPhylls

That is so sad that they have to be afraid of someone's "fans".  I hope his involvement does not ruin the drama if this is the case.  Seriously, why should they be afraid to "ACT" in a drama?

I'm sorry but what kind of "reputation" that he has? As I know of, his "reputation" is being sincere, humble, serious, etc. I have never heard a bad word from anyone who has worked with him, never. If u're talking about the "reputation" of his fans, then his fans are known of being caring and thoughtful. This is not his first drama. Did the fans hate on Minyoung when they had a kiss scene??? Can't you tell that they were just "joking" around??? If u can't even tell that they were joking, then plz go find the vid and watch it. They were laughing nonstop. If u still think that they were serious, then... errhhhhh....  

Btw, that "someone" has a name: Park Yoochun, his "involvement" that you were talking about is him being the male lead. And when u put fans as "fans", u don't respect us. Wow, thank u so much!  

Guest ngthuhien149

I think it is just for fun and plain PR things for them to say that. It is just a laughter factor IMO. You don't have to take it serious =.= because as I know, Yoochun's fans are really well-mannered, both his Korean fans and his international fans. Like idol, like fans. They never do stupid things. They are actually really grateful that Yoochun gets to act with veteran actors in his drama since that will help him a lot in his acting career.

All LDH's fans here, you can tell right? Since the official news came out, we never ever complain about anyone, anything in the script. We contribute our time and effort to build this thread without complaining anything, We try our best to find info, vid and pictures. We take our time to write all the description and make all the beautiful pics for the thread. People criticized LDH a lot because of her previous scandals but we never care about that. I do not care what she did in the past, I am glad that she is really pretty and cool and the most important thing is she can act.

And Yoochun's fans are known as some of the coolest fans in Korea. They truly care about him and they have really well manner. If you take just a little of your time to track back in this thread, you can see that when they bought gifts to support Yoochun, they did not care about him first. They thought about the director, writer, cody, staff and his co actors and actress first. That is why peopl LOVE to work with Yoochun, if you know about SKKS, I am sure that you can see how SKKS crew loves him and cares about him. His fans bought good food and filming stuffs to the shooting almost every single week, they even care about midnight snack for the production team and invited them to one of the best restaurants in Korea almost every week.

and I am sorry but what is that "I hope that his involvement does not ruin the drama" I am sorry can u be more respectful? Yoochun is one of the few ppl who gets the look and the acting skills and also the MARKETING VALUE at the same time. I never said he was great at acting but everyone can tell that he CAN act well enough to be in the drama.

\

Yoochun works hard for everything he involves in and he deserves every bit of what he has now, he is loved and cared by everyone. So I hope that other fans of the cast know when it is a joke when it is not to consider his hard work and his fans' dedication. We truly love and care about him and we are grateful that he has LDH, KHJ, KSW as his co actors.

Maybe you may think I am too offensive about this but I just do not like the way ppl prejudice him and all because of this and that especially after all the effort and love us Yoochun's fans have been given for this thread. I hope you guys at least try to understand our effort for the drama. This will be the last time I act all offensive. I do want peace and love in this thread. We should be together and give our drama the best support and love.

Thank you

AGAIN RIPLEY HWAITING! OUR LOVELY LDH, KHJ, KSW and PYC FIGHTING :wub:

Edit: *sign* seems like someone never knows how to appreciate other and live his/her life to disrespect other ppl . Next time, if you think you are taking your time to comment TWICE and are CRITICIZING someone, please do write his or her name OUT and CORRECT. Thank you AGAIN

Guest au_dinosaur

1.  It's pretty clear from the tone of the article and in the description of the press's reaction it was said jokingly.  Jokes are you know, things you say to lighten the mood.  It's his castmates way of teasing him and trying to get on the presses good side by entertaining them.

2.  From an objective standpoint (even though I admit I am a fan of his), Yoochun's involvement has only helped this drama.

a.  the rights to Ripley were sold in advance to Japan for USD $2.5+ million almost entirely because of Yoochun's enormous popularity in Japan.  Being able to sell Ripley early on and for such a high price --> A LOT more money for better production values --> better drama for everyone.  Actors are happy, viewers are happy, investors are happy.

b.  Yoochun's fans are well known for being very supportive to everyone he works with.  His various fanclubs send food, drinks, and all kinds of support to the Ripley's staff and crew just like they did all throughout SKK filming.  They are famous for continuously donating money to children's charities.

c.  Yoochun has a very strong ahjumma fanbase.  You know who watches dramas in Korea and make up most of the drama viewer deographics?  Ahjummas.

So please do not make such ill informed accusations about ANY of the cast members and especially when Yoochun's castmates have said nothing but kind words about Yoochun and vice versa.  I really hope that this thread is a peaceful and supportive one.

EDIT: and my list above in no way is meant to devalue any of the other Ripley actors.  They're ALL immensely talented and contribute a lot to this drama, in fact as a sophmore project Yoochun is supremely lucky that he gets to work with such an experienced and gifted cast.  I was only focusing on YC's contributions here because he was specifically attacked.

Reading that article made me laugh :lol: , it is just a joke and it shows how LDH and KSW care about Yuchun and his fans.

JPhylls, ngthuhien149 and au_dinosaur, you really don't need to explain any thing or prove any thing. We already know the effort you make for this thread to be better which makes our journey during this drama more interesting.

I have always been thankful that LDH was paired with such a popular and loved idol like Yuchun and we got the opportunity to get all this news, updates and photos :wub: .

I hope we continue to enjoy this drama together with the same spirit we already have in here. Love u all :wub: :wub:

RIPELY FIGHTING

So please do not make such ill informed accusations about ANY of the cast members and especially when Yoochun's castmates have said nothing but kind words about Yoochun and vice versa.  I really hope that this thread is a peaceful and supportive one.

Barring the demographics you've listed, the article is still rather cheeky and is directed towards his fan base. 

If his fans cannot withstand negative comments, which obviously may be the case based on your counter assault skewed as a  comment, then this thread will be a peaceful one.  Let's keep the comments directed for this threads purpose and not attack one another.  Perhaps you need to read the rules again.

So what, the guy is being criticized.  This is not the first time someone criticized the actions of an actor, writer, producer, etc. involved in a drama.  He clearly has controversy surrounding him much like LDH.  So what!

Edit

I will leave this thread so the Mickey fans can meet and agree about everything Mickey in one accord.

peace out.

Guest JPhylls

Barring the demographics you've listed, the article is still rather cheeky and is directed towards his fan base. 

If his fans cannot withstand negative comments, which obviously may be the case based on your counter assault skewed as a  comment, then this thread will be a peaceful one.  Let's keep the comments directed for this threads purpose and not attack one another.  Perhaps you need to read the rules again.

So what, the guy is being criticized.  This is not the first time someone criticized the actions of an actor, writer, producer, etc. involved in a drama.  He clearly has controversy surrounding him much like LDH.  So what!

I'm sorry for butt in again. But I'm proud that I'm a hardcore fan of him, yet I can't remember any "controversy" that u mentioned. Plz enlighten me!

I don't know what do u mean by "the guy is being criticized". By whom? How is he being criticized? Again plz enlighten me. If u can read, and I highly doubt that u can't, then u will find some articles of the cast talking about Chun above.

And we can stand negative comments, if they are constructive. He was bashed like no tomorrow when SKKS first aired. It's not something too difficult for us. But your comment clearly attacked him, without even an excuse. Yes, a joke from the cast about his fans can't even be an excuse for your attack, since an excuse needs to "sound" reasonable, but yours does not.

Edit: Well she's leaving this thread. Poor me, I don't have the chance to know something about Chun that I didnt know anymore... 

wow wow wow

chill down~

i really really hate myself to say this,

but, where is your sense of humor?

someone's "fans" are all here on this thread, honey~~

and they are also all over there in korea and at the press conference, by the way.

his involvement in this drama earned him high praises from the other 3 main actor/actresses

and made this drama advanced sold to japan at a high price without even finishing filming & airing on tv.

and for your information only, it just happened that both kim seung woo and lee dae hae dropped their previously promised projects to take on this drama instead. (kim: crime squad & lee: coffee)

so ironic to your "Who'd want to work with him then with this kind of reputation?," isn't it, sweetheart?

now, take a deep breath;

relax a little bit and enjoy the ride~~

good luck!

Guest imogene_af

Can't we all just get aloooong? *singing*

:ph34r:

And why are we all putting labels on each other as just so and so fans? I am taking interest in the show not just because I like Lee Da Hae (unpopular opinion nowadays, I know) but I genuinely think this show has a shot of being a powerful melodrama. And that includes support for every single one of the cast, writers and the PD.

Come on, let us not start on the wrong foot now.

I think the article was written kinda iffy in the first place, if you are not familiar with the jokes about Kpop fans, it does not come across right, but it seems like the actors were talking in jest. PYC did pretty well in SKKS and the fans supported him in that drama, with his on-screen partner, so I think we will be in good hands.

wow wow wow

chill down~

i really really hate myself to say this,

but, where is your sense of humor?

someone's "fans" are all here on this thread, honey~~

and they are also all over there in korea and at the press conference, by the way.

his involvement in this drama earned him high praises from the other 3 main actor/actresses

and made this drama advanced sold to japan at a high price without even finishing filming & airing on tv.

and for your information only, it just happened that both kim seung woo and lee dae hae dropped their previously promised projects to take on this drama instead. (kim: crime squad & lee: coffee)

so ironic to your "Who'd want to work with him then with this kind of reputation?," isn't it, sweetheart?

now, take a deep breath;

relax a little bit and enjoy the ride~~

good luck!

I'm good, thanks for sharing though, lol.

Even if joking there must be some merit of truth in what the actors are jokingly saying in the article.  I don't  want to see LDH criticized for her "character" being mean or aloof to another "character" portrayed by idol fans.  So, I'm cool as I'm only watching this one for LDH to see how she can do.  The others are icing on the cake and I hope they do well.

I'm not hating like some on this thread which is why I will reserve my involvement for Dramabeans when or if she recaps this drama as this thread is very hostile to anyone who will dare to write anything negative about Y I see.  Tsk, tsk.

This not the first time a thread has turned hostile on Sooompi, so relax I'm bouncing. :phew:

Enjoy!

Guest ngthuhien149

I'm good, thanks for sharing though, lol.

Even if joking there must be some merit of truth in what the actors are jokingly saying in the article.  I don't  want to see LDH criticized for her "character" being mean or aloof to another "character" portrayed by idol fans.  So, I'm cool as I'm only watching this one for LDH to see how she can do.  The others are icing on the cake and I hope they do well.

I'm not hating like some on this thread which is why I will reserve my involvement for Dramabeans when or if she recaps this drama as this thread is very hostile to anyone who will dare to write anything negative about Y I see.  Tsk, tsk.

This not the first time a thread has turned hostile on Sooompi, so relax I'm bouncing. :phew:

Enjoy!

LOL you are still here? babe I think you said you left? So you did not? :))

Now I know who you are on Dramabean...well... no wonder you have this kind of manner :)) since I think there are just a few people acting this way nowadays. *sign*

I mean I cannot adjust what you are thinking, but I hope thru time, you can learn something that living in this life, sometimes you should respect other people even though you do not care about them or hate them.

To make a good drama, only lead actress can not do anything, there is a great effort from the male leads and the supporting actors as well, not to mention the PD, writer, staffs and a million of other people that are never named. Even tho you hate them, you don't care about them, you have to respect them, that is the basic manner I think.

It is OK if you only watch this drama for LDH, but other people watch the drama for Yoochun, some for KSW, some for KHJ. What do you feel when people call LDH "that woman" and her fans that woman's "fans" and disrespect her? We feel the same. So please at least show some basic respect.

Anyway, for all LDH's fans, other casts' fans and drama fans in general, we are cool and feel really glad and lucky to have chance to talk and share our opinions about the drama. We know you are cool and lovely. Let's keep this loving and supportive atmosphere until the drama ends. Our loves are working hard for it to give us the best performance so we should appreciate all of that.

Thank you :wub:

Archived