Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

I think this level of celebrity hounding is unacceptable - LJSIU are, after all, entitled to a private life outside of the time they spend in the public domain.  But regrettably a whole industry has grown up around invading privacy and selling whatever salacious gossip can be found whether it’s true or not.

2 hours ago, Panther4eva said:

I think this level of celebrity hounding is unacceptable - LJSIU are, after all, entitled to a private life outside of the time they spend in the public domain.  But regrettably a whole industry has grown up around invading privacy and selling whatever salacious gossip can be found whether it’s true or not.

I'm just glad they have laws and customs in Korea that prevent the paparazzi from taking pictures of them in private moments. Being from the US, if IU and Jongsuk were living here, we would have pictures of them coming out of their houses every morning. Thank God they are able to maintain a certain level of privacy, and in the last few weeks, the hype has died down. 

I always think it must be a tightrope walk for these celebrities. Jongsuk has said more than a few times that he wants his relationships to be public, and it's just human nature to share what makes you happy. I think it's a joy for everyone to react to your happy relationship, gorgeous wedding, or beautiful children. This is why I don't necessarily agree that celebrities never want fans to care about their private life. They just don't want boundaries being crossed.

I've noticed a lot of celebrities couples in Korea feel the pressure to behave like strangers after they announce their relationship, like it's ok that they're together, but they aren't allowed to be in the same room. It's my hope that Jongsuk doesn't feel like he can't share a picture from a shared vacation or a moment that might link back to her. Whether he wants to share everything, or nothing, I don't want these pressures to steal his joy. He should do what he wants. 

• Like 5

That hat is exactly what I meant when I said he should do what he wants. Jongsuk has and always will support his loved ones by wearing their merch, clothing lines, etc. He does it for Beyond Closet all the time. 

I saw some push back by IU fans who think he’s bragging and rubbing it in, but I see the happiness in his eyes and really don’t think he cares, nor should he. 

And speaking of Beyond Closet, Taeyong posted a picture of donuts JS got him and the team on the 2nd, and I assumed it was a drive-by or they were just sent over. But in the caption for the IG story of them together, it says they were working on the latest collection together. It seems like he may be very instrumental in this year’s Seoul Fashion Week. I’m very curious if this is going to be a collab, or what. 

• Like 2

I'm very grateful that he lined up a few interviews while he was in Japan to give us something while he's on this hiatus we're experiencing. I've noticed a lot of main players on this forum have also been absent lately. I hope you are all doing well and still supporting Jongsuk from your own little corners of the world!

I know I'm the one who defended his silence just a few weeks ago, but it's starting to feel like a really long time now. :tears: I guess I just hope that he's happy, and that we'll be seeing more of him/getting casting news sometime soon. 

• Like 3

*waves* I'm still reading, I've just been slammed with life. Got about 5 different things requiring full time attention and my brains are leaking out. Still, I'm always hoping to read about new casting news! And it was nice to read the interview, too. I appreciate brookley.ria translating (I don't know any Japanese). 

• Like 3

I think it's interesting that both IU and Jongsuk have "returned" from their break with a magazine cover and aren't shying away from the public eye now that their relationship is public. Jongsuk doesn't even have anything to promote, so I'm especially grateful that we get to see him now. He is a very fearless, candid, talkative guy, so I've been worried that he'd be advised to stayed quiet in fear of saying too much of the wrong thing at the wrong time. I'm really glad that isn't the case, and can't wait to see what else comes out of this photoshoot and interview(s). 

• Like 2

IU mentioned Jongsuk in her latest interview with Harper's Bazaar. 

FULL QUOTE: "To be honest, I'm not very familiar with the concept of 'rest'. Just because your body is resting doesn’t necessarily give you the feeling of being recharged. In a broader sense, if you consider resting as being at ease or recharging– ironically, I feel like things that have piled up inside of me are most refreshingly resolved when I’m working. When I do my job and I’m satisfied with it to the point where I feel a sense of pleasure. During those times, I feel much more refreshed than when I’m lying down at home for a few days or weeks.

Having said that, there should be something that I become so absorbed in that I can’t think about work at all, but in my case, there aren’t many things that I like to that extent. The things that I can think of right away are when I’m sleeping soundly, catching up and chatting with Yoo In Na, goofing around and laughing with a friend or my lover who understands me deeply, rewatching my life movie, and eating really delicious food. As time goes on, there are quite a few people like me who need less mental rest. However, stamina (physical strength) is a different story, so I’m making an effort to manage for when I have to run harder as I enter my 30s. When I can rest, I spend time lying down as much as possible (laughs)."

I honestly couldn't be happier for them. They seem so in love and comfortable talking about each other. I really was hoping they wouldn't shy away from doing so, but figured it would be Jongsuk to say something first. :lol: So, so happy for both of them. 

• Like 4

I have always been in awe of IU's seemingly ENDLESS energy. She seems to be someone who recharges by being with other people. (Wish she could bottle and export that!) A lot of people don't like to go public with their relationships, but looking at her past history, she seems perfectly comfortable with that, which I'm sure JS likes. 

• Like 2

Part One of Jongsuk's interview with Esquire was released a few hours ago: 

5 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I have always been in awe of IU's seemingly ENDLESS energy. She seems to be someone who recharges by being with other people. (Wish she could bottle and export that!) A lot of people don't like to go public with their relationships, but looking at her past history, she seems perfectly comfortable with that, which I'm sure JS likes. 

Mmm, it's interesting that she gives that impression because I saw an interview did recently where she said her MBTI is INFJ, the I standing for Introvert. I honestly think her answer was meant to assure her fans that being in a relationship won't make her want to work less. 

Speaking of public relationships, I'm actually super surprised that everything happening in the last few days hasn't caused a million articles and more gossip to pop up. Twitter went crazy the other day after a fan posted comparisons that proved some of IU's IG photos were taken at Jongsuk's place as far back as May 2021. Selfies, vases of flowers on his kitchen counter, etc. I'm not sure how I feel about posts like that, but I do I think it's better for fans to have a rough timeline of how long they've actually been together, just so their expectations aren't so far off. 4 months is way different than 2 years. Let's thank Dispatch for their crappy detective work. 

• Like 4

Lee Jong Suk Opens Up About His Past Turbulent Period, Deep Appreciation For IU, And More

Lee Jong Suk Opens Up About His Past Turbulent Period, Deep Appreciation For IU, And More

Lee Jong Suk has shared what it means for him to be “looking for the essence,” his heartfelt appreciation and love for IU, and more with Esquire Korea magazine!

In one of the interviews that Lee Jong Suk previously participated, the actor had mentioned, “I am looking for the essence.” When the interviewer brought this up, Lee Jong Suk elaborated on his past statement by saying, “I think [essence] refers to a ‘principle’ or one’s basic ‘ideology.’ I don’t think it’s a bad thing to live while finding and protecting it. But if you take that and force it on others by telling them that they have to live by this too, that’s when you become a kkondae (a term generally used to describe an older person who is condescending or uses age to justify their actions).”

lee-jong-suk-1.jpeg

He reminisced, “Now that I think about it, I think the reason I said, ‘I’m looking for the essence,’ was because I was a little shaken around that time. Everyone goes through that period as they enter their 30s. When I was in my 20s, I thought that no matter what I did, people would understand me, but now that I am in my 30s, I think I should treat anyone I meet and talk with more maturely. It’s a time when self-censorship, which requires you to become more mature in everything, occurs. Besides, I think I was contemplating these things because it was the time I was returning after going through a turbulent period of military service.”

lee-jong-suk-10.jpeg

The interviewer asked if “that person” (IU) gave him a lot of strength back then. Lee Jong Suk laughed and jokingly said, “Is this how you throw a sudden question just like this?”

The actor continued, “It might sound like a cliché if I say that her existence itself gives me [a place to] rely on and strength. But so many other people besides myself are comforted by her music, her lyrics, and her comforting words. It’s the same for me, too. The only difference is that I receive that kind of comfort while having a conversation [with her]. But above all, we’ve been friends for quite some time, and I find her to be the funniest friend in the whole world. As I mentioned before, when entering my 30s, I was comforted a lot by that person who was my friend.”

Spoiler

lee-jong-suk-11.jpeg

Lee Jong Suk also shared, “We’ve been friends since I was in my mid-20s, which means that we met each other when we were quite young. So, when she tells me, ‘You’ve become a lot more mature now,’ I feel like I want to become even more mature. Moreover, I think to myself that I want to become a much better human being than I am now.”

Spoiler

lee-jong-suk-9.jpeg

Check out more stunning photos below!

Spoiler

lee-jong-suk-8.jpeg

lee-jong-suk-7.jpeg

lee-jong-suk-6.jpeg

lee-jong-suk-5.jpeg

lee-jong-suk-4.jpeg

lee-jong-suk-3.jpeg

lee-jong-suk-2.jpeg

Lee Jong Suk’s full pictorial and interview will be available in the March issue of Esquire!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1568648wpp/lee-jong-suk-opens-up-about-his-past-turbulent-period-deep-appreciation-for-iu-and-more

• Like 3