Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Jade%2BLover.jpg

Lee Jong Suk and Zheng Shuang's Team-Up Drama Jade Lover To Finally Air After 3 Years?

Didn't we all think this show should have aired a long time ago? 

It's been three years since they first announced a pairing between Korean actor Lee Jong Suk and Chinese actress Zheng Shuang in the former's supposed C-ent debut in the drama Jade LoverAfter everything was set and done with clips of the show already released online, the Hallyu ban happened in China which forced a lot of Korean-led shows to be pushed to the archive and saved 'For Later'. 

But is Lee Jong Suk's Chinese-dubbed drama finally going to be seeing the light of day? 

Jade Lover producer Zhang Wenjun has gotten everybody curious after he suddenly posted a foreshadowing message yesterday that said, "I! Know, Jade Lover, everyone has always been very concerned about when it will air, please brothers and sisters rest easy, we are working hard to give everyone a satisfying result, thank you for your support, thank you everyone..." 

I mean, it's been THREE YEARS since filming ended, even from the fanmade trailers that I've seen, the drama actually looks really interesting. And is it just me or did the whole thing feel very K-drama-ish? All I know is, I'm really excited so pleaseeeeee drama gods don't let us get our hopes up, juseyo~

Jade Lover is just one among many number of Chinese productions with Korean stars affected by the Hallyu ban.  Whew~ that's a loooong list. 

Source: 1

• Like 5

2019.11.27 (Director & Producer, Jade Lover) Weibo Update

(https://www.weibo.com/u/2093980440?profile_ftype=1&is_all=1#_loginLayer_1574961332971)

Caption: 我!知道,翡翠恋人,一直是大家特别关心关注什么时候能够播出,请兄弟姐妹放心,我们一直在努力,会给大家一个满意的结果,谢谢你们的支持,谢谢大家 
Trans: I! know, everyone has always been particularly concerned about when Jade Lover can air. Please rest assured that we have been trying hard and will give you a satisfactory outcome. Thank you for your support, thank you everyone

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to Lee Jong Suk 이종석 ||[on MS]Upcoming - |Unreleased C-Drama - Jade Lover
2 hours ago, kiyimae said:

right, @frozentundra? i've been waiting for it to get released for a long time, i love it even more than the OSTs. in that collection there are some tracks that are really powerful.

I'm always looking for sheet music for the bgm of dramas, too. And they never publish it! I can sound it out a little, but it would take years... Well, at least we have this to listen to, and that is a start. And yes, I like it better than the sung music as well. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kembie said:
Thanks @kiyimae for sharing your update.  Here's another one from @irene7an , similar post but on a different platform.
:heart:

thanks to you too for sharing as well. :heart:

it's been fun to translate this kind of stuff, even if i am not in any way an expert in korean language. what's interesting this time is that i found out the expression jongsuk used, 힘내, while it's true it means cheer up and it's similar to the fighting! expression we hear often in dramas and movies too, it's used differently compared to that. both are used when comforting someone, but fighting is used to do it in a cheerful way, while 힘내 is used when you want to comfort someone that's going through a hard time or is feeling sad. i think it gives this message a different nuance, i like how jongsuk always chooses his words carefully, because he's aware of how much we are yearning for him while he's away. also, the way he addressed us, that 너라도, it's a very informal "you" used with close friends or an important person like a wife, otherwise it sounds pretty rude. and i like that he talks to fans this way.

3 hours ago, kiyimae said:

thanks to you too for sharing as well. :heart:

it's been fun to translate this kind of stuff, even if i am not in any way an expert in korean language. what's interesting this time is that i found out the expression jongsuk used, 힘내, while it's true it means cheer up and it's similar to the fighting! expression we hear often in dramas and movies too, it's used differently compared to that. both are used when comforting someone, but fighting is used to do it in a cheerful way, while 힘내 is used when you want to comfort someone that's going through a hard time or is feeling sad. i think it gives this message a different nuance, i like how jongsuk always chooses his words carefully, because he's aware of how much we are yearning for him while he's away. also, the way he addressed us, that 너라도, it's a very informal "you" used with close friends or an important person like a wife, otherwise it sounds pretty rude. and i like that he talks to fans this way.

Was this message written in October and just found/shared now? That would make sense of the message too because he was about to start his military training. The word 힘들다 is used to describe physical hardship, while 어렵다 is used to describe intellectual hardship. 

I've been trying to decide if the 너라도 he used is like @kiyimae said... the honorific "you" (너라) + the particle for "too" (도) or if it was the standard "you" (너) + the particle for "even if, though, however, etc" (라도). The difference isn't huge. The first would translate to "It's hard. You cheer up/hang in there too" while the second would translate to "It's hard. Even so, you cheer up/hang in there." The main difference being that in the first, he was including himself and in the second, he was just thinking of us. I like @kiyimae's translation best, but I guess only those fluent in Korean will know for sure. Of course, this is just me wishing I understood him better than I do.

• Like 6