[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

https://www.soompi.com/2016/12/16/running-man-officially-end-next-year/

“Running Man” To Officially End Next Year

After holding an emergency meeting, the cast and crew of SBS’s “Running Man” have made a decision.

On December 16, SBS revealed, “We held an emergency meeting with the members as well as the production staff. After the discussion, we have decided that ‘Running Man’ will finish at the end of February with all six current cast members.”

PD Lee Hwan Jin also stated, “We met with the cast members and we all shared our thoughts. In the end, we were able to smooth over all the misunderstandings that had grown over time. All the cast members and the production team, including Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo, shared their opinions, and we have decided to wrap up ‘Running Man’ at the end of February. For the sake of all the viewers and their great support, everyone has decided to do their very best till the end.”

This is my first KVarietyShow, sad... but i'm happy you guys decide to end like this. Thank you RM for the laughter. Me and my family will miss you all and will support you guys in others program :heart:

• Like 6

I am so sad right now. Running Man is the only show I've watched and continued watching since the beginning. Anyway just wanted to post something cute as the news is making me depressed 

IMG_3636.GIF

IMG_3635.GIF

IMG_3637.GIF

IMG_3633.JPG

-This is incomplete without the SongSong siblings (Song Joong Ki x Song Ji Hyo)

-Can't help but mention Lee Dong Wook, I started liking him after watching him on Running Man

-Is the last one Gong Yoo?

-There's also Jo In Sung, there's too many to count

-Golden unnie

-There's also G-Dragon, Jo In Sung, Song Jong Ki etc. You can't count them with just 9 pictures~

-You have to count Song Joong Ki and Lee Kwangsoo too

-Because she's pretty and nice~

-I love you Jihyo unnie

-Kim Dong Jun was so fun that episode 

there are are more pictures in the source here

• Like 6

1 hour ago, heyel said:
I am so sad right now. Running Man is the only show I've watched and continued watching since the beginning. Anyway just wanted to post something cute as the news is making me depressed 

IMG_3636.GIF

IMG_3635.GIF

IMG_3637.GIF

IMG_3633.JPG

-This is incomplete without the SongSong siblings (Song Joong Ki x Song Ji Hyo)

-Can't help but mention Lee Dong Wook, I started liking him after watching him on Running Man

-Is the last one Gong Yoo?

-There's also Jo In Sung, there's too many to count

-Golden unnie

-There's also G-Dragon, Jo In Sung, Song Jong Ki etc. You can't count them with just 9 pictures~

-You have to count Song Joong Ki and Lee Kwangsoo too

-Because she's pretty and nice~

-I love you Jihyo unnie

-Kim Dong Jun was so fun that episode 

there are are more pictures in the source here

These were literally some of the best episodes of RM, loved the pairing with SJH and all these male celebities, it always made my heart flutter, i hope it's alright that i reposted this in the SJH actress thread

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

These were literally some of the best episodes of RM, loved the pairing with SJH and all these male celebities, it always made my heart flutter, i hope it's alright that i reposted this in the SJH actress thread

Of course! :) 

I loved her interactions with them, she matched them so well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, heyel said:

Of course! :) 

I loved her interactions with them, she matched them so well

I totally agree, she always had great chemistry with all these different male celebrities, and seeing the male being physically very attracted to her and not afraid to show it, made their coupling even more enjoyable, i'm sooo hoping for a reunion between her and some of these guys in a future drama as couples heh ;)

• Like 1

UPDATE: 'Running Man' issues apology to Kim Jongkook & Song Jihyo : http://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/blog/2016/12/14/update-running-man-issues-apology-kim-jongkook-song-jihyo

Running Man will end in February 2017, Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook will stay till the finale  :tears::tears: : http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/running-man-will-end-in-february-2017-song-ji-hyo-and-kim-jong-kook-will

• Like 1

:tears::bawling:

Wait. So does this mean the whole show and cast will be leaving? 

I don't want to say goodbye to one of my favorite all time shows that makes me laugh whenever i needed a good laugh. 

But the show wouldn't feel the same without the members.  It will feel emptier and incomplete. 

Going out together will be the best way. Everyone is so close on the show and in real life. Love all of them.

• Like 1

I blame the media for jacking things up for them. I felt like there was a lot of he said she said and many people jumped on it without a lot of truth. It sucks that word got out before those on production were able to properly inform the cast. But at the same time I think that pressure from higher-ups to push things forward could also have been a deciding factor that made things so rushed.

And also, I'm laughing because there were a lot of people that kept complaining before that the show sucked, they should change, new members, blah blah blah, and now they're all sulking at the fact that Running Man is coming to an end.

• Like 4

@inner I might not be the same opinion with u about "running man boring etc" since i DONT feel RM boring. RM still fun :D for me running man is the first and the last variety show i watch religiously in my whole life lol. ❤️

everything about RM i love it ! Thanks to SJH and KJK to keep profesional and still want to do RM till february (though they were threated unfair with plan for new season) i think they still want to do this because US, their beloved FANS :D who keep support them. If they dont care about us, they might leaving with angry :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shortboy said:

And also, I'm laughing but there were a lot of people that kept complaining before that the show sucked, they should change, new members, blah blah blah, and now they're all sulking at the fact that Running Man is coming to an end.

Yeah im with u, u speak my mind really well. I saw alot fans complaining the show, like i my self didnt find they show need to be change :D 

it's breaking my heart that RM is coming to an end. I think, SBS should find new PD, new concept because they already had great member. but it's better than RM season 2 with new member adn see the original member try to build chemistry with new member. it'll awkward.

• Like 1

Song Ji Hyo was reportedly out of contact for 3 days after Running Man dismissal

IMG_3677.JPG

According to reports, Song Ji Hyo burst into tears and cut off contact with everyone for 3 days following news of her dismissal from Running Man, but in the end decided to come back to fulfil their promise of 'Running together until the end'

1. [+7,834] Gary protected her for 7 years and you guys bully her as soon as he leaves

2. [+2,311] Don't bully Gary's girl

3. [+2,221] You guys are Running Man and can't be replaced 

4. [+1,801] Our favourite unnie ah~be well. Hope sbs will treat you well

5. [+1,882] You bully the girl my Gary watched over for 7 years as soon as he leaves. Maybe this is the best way, hope Gary can come back in the last episode, not as a guest but as a part of the family to make the best ending.

6. [+1,147] Let's leave together. Hope Gary is there in the last episode 

7. [+703] Feel bad for our Mong Ji

8. [+630] So it's the end of 7012 in 2017. This is a good thing too, everyone leaves carrying beautiful memories

9. [+467] We watched over her for 7 years and you guys treat her like this

10. [+435] Unnie must have been so sad

Link here
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, heyel said:

Song Ji Hyo was reportedly out of contact for 3 days after Running Man dismissal

IMG_3677.JPG

According to reports, Song Ji Hyo burst into tears and cut off contact with everyone for 3 days following news of her dismissal from Running Man, but in the end decided to come back to fulfil their promise of 'Running together until the end'

1. [+7,834] Gary protected her for 7 years and you guys bully her as soon as he leaves

2. [+2,311] Don't bully Gary's girl

3. [+2,221] You guys are Running Man and can't be replaced 

4. [+1,801] Our favourite unnie ah~be well. Hope sbs will treat you well

5. [+1,882] You bully the girl my Gary watched over for 7 years as soon as he leaves. Maybe this is the best way, hope Gary can come back in the last episode, not as a guest but as a part of the family to make the best ending.

6. [+1,147] Let's leave together. Hope Gary is there in the last episode 

7. [+703] Feel bad for our Mong Ji

8. [+630] So it's the end of 7012 in 2017. This is a good thing too, everyone leaves carrying beautiful memories

9. [+467] We watched over her for 7 years and you guys treat her like this

10. [+435] Unnie must have been so sad

Link here

The one richard simmons behind this were shameful,have no royality and are plain stupid to do this to one of the most popular RM members, who made this show famous, and hugely contributed to RM getting a huge number of international followers thanks to her, I hope their rotten consciousness will eat them alive for the rest of their lives!

No one has the right to represent RM more then SJH, she is RM, and the richard simmons who thought otherwise got himself a fast reality check the harsh way, i'm soo happy that RM will end with the all the current original RM members, it's one of SK most popular variety show internationally, don't let some ungrateful and greedy richard simmons put a shadow on that!

• Like 3

i wonder whether the k-entertainment world knows that Running Man introduced us - international fans to the whole new world of kpop. kdrama, kvariety shows etc.... before this, I cringed when my nieces watch kdramas, or listen to kpop.. now i am a big fan!!  heck, i even started taking korean classes!!! sighhh 

7012 012 012 012 012 forever and ever!!

• Like 2

I can't believe SBS did this to them. Why kick out 2 members? If show isn't performing, that's cos of PD didn't come up with better idea.. not Members' fault. >.<

Running Man may not be No 1 in ranking in Korea but it's HUGE Internationally!! I'm sure they know that...  

I am shocked, speechless and disappointed with this news. I've only got 1 variety show left to watch every week... darn.

• Like 2

This has been bugging me for days... I just can't believe it.  I only started watching RM this year--after DOTS ended, I was a little bit in love with SJK and people kept talking about SongxSong couple from RM so I became curious and started watching from the very beginning.  I'm almost totally caught up now--all 7 years worth and I heart all the RM cast.  I cried like a baby during Gary's goodbye episode... I can't believe what's happening now.  Whatever you decide to do with the show, at least do it with dignity and integrity.  RM has so much history and love from the fans... it should only end with tears of happiness for everyone. 

I hope the final episode is something quiet and heartfelt--no guests.  They deserve a beautiful and celebratory send-off just for the cast... thank you for making us laugh until we cried, thank you for cheering us up on even our worst days, thank you for running your hearts out and for taking us along with you.  So much love and good wishes to each of you and we will miss your smiles and laughter each week (and ours!).  *cries*  #7012

• Like 4

After all that has happened, we expect the cast to continue and laugh on camera cue? So miserable. What a way to end for RM.

I had expected RM to outdo 1N2D when the latter had its Season 2. For RM, the cast wasn't the problem. Their amazing stamina shows how much hard work they put to keep fit and keep running. Amazing team..

• Like 1