[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

Can anybody provide clarification if Myuk PD is leaving the show again? In kshowo*line people are saying that he left AGAIN and I'M FREAKING OUT. He went to Indonesia and Japan in the past week so I thought he must be taking a break but then I realized he can't leave if he's still directing RM. PLEASE HELP ME I'M SO ANXIOUS ABOUT THE NEWS

Episode 319 is such a great episode. The missions all tied together and I like how it's a continuation of the previous episode. At the same time, can't help but laugh from start to end. Hope this is a sign of better things to come in RM. :)

On 9/26/2016 at 7:13 AM, pinknerd93 said:

Can anybody provide clarification if Myuk PD is leaving the show again? In kshowo*line people are saying that he left AGAIN and I'M FREAKING OUT. He went to Indonesia and Japan in the past week so I thought he must be taking a break but then I realized he can't leave if he's still directing RM. PLEASE HELP ME I'M SO ANXIOUS ABOUT THE NEWS

A lot of speculations and some reports say that he has officially left SBS. You'll find it on reddit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

annyeong chingus. i'm newbie in this thread..

i'm very sad because some of you must be knew about garr leave rm after 6 years together with the show

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/25/gary-leave-running-man-6-years/?li_source=LI&li_medium=article-recommended-articles

it will be hard for other members to fill the empty spot for cover all the show, now 7 are one cant be use anymore... argghhhh... i wish the show will long last eventough gary leave, moreover they must endure so many circumtances such as low rating, more and less will be made impact for the show..

kang gary is my favorite member of running man, then song ji hyo

i havent missed any of the episodes, even watch several times. watching back the episodes still making me laugh so hard. running man introduce me to lots of actors and singers i didnt know before, i guess most of popular has appeared on running man

kang gary left running man once, im not 100% sure of the incident. this time as well. it has more to do with everything else other than himself. 

the best thing about running man is the team work. once they are together they can accomplish anything. running man is not about look. its their spirit.

kang gary is second strongest man in running man. he has special skills every now and then. 

its 323 episodes. 6 years. countless great memories. i know people dont discuss running man as much as before. the quality seems up and down all over place but for us international fans it holds a special place in our heart. it stills is the most successufl korean variety show outside korea.

kang gary he doesnt talk much but we all watch his actions. they are really a team, no one has less role than others.

i know monday couple really just for the show. but he and mong ji has big understanding of each other, they have their own rythm. yes kang gary she is the longest relationship you have, she is beautiful inside out. now you two can date even though its a slim chance that it comes true.

i love his music too. his songs are timeless. focus on his music is half of the excuse. but 6 years, 323 weeks, they never give up, they never off any week. 

running man is love. 

other than china, is there any country they sell the right to or we all watch it off internet?

• Like 1

I love RM, although I don't watch every episode I still manage to watch those that I like and it still amuses me all these years. 

I am saddened about Gary leaving. I've always wanted them complete. Plus no more monday couple which is devastating. TT___TT 

On 10/25/2016 at 11:39 AM, daynci said:

kang gary left running man once, im not 100% sure of the incident. this time as well. it has more to do with everything else other than himself.

When Gary left the one time before it was related to controversies surrounding some concert that his company had been trying to put on.  Both he and his partner, Gil, stepped back from their variety shows.  But none of the fans ever felt it was their fault and entreated them to return so in the end, both Gary and Gil were absent from their shows for maybe a week or two, at the most.  I don't know that I'd call it a leaving of the show, more like an intent.  (See article for more info: http://mwave.interest.me/en/kpop-news/article/15719/leessangs-gary-announces-he-will-be-leaving-running-man-and-variety-in-general)

This time it's definitely permanent.  I can't say I'm surprised.  I've sensed an unhappiness about Gary this past year.  You could tell he was wanting to leave show and wanting to focus on his music, and I have to say, I think the show's actually done a pretty good job of easing us into that reality through several of its episodes this past year.  (Like the heart to heart talks episode, or the Monday Couple date, which was kind of a farewell, if you think about it.)  I'm sad.  I definitely think of the 7 as a unit.

But I'm also proud of this wonderful show and all they've achieved these past 7 years.  It's not easy keeping a cast intact for that long.  I also know the members love each other.  I have to believe that they're happy for Gary and wishing him well.  You only want the best for the people you love, so as his fan or even just a fan of RM, I feel it should be the same for us.  I'll miss seeing him, but I'll continue to follow his news and hope good things for him.

I'll also hope that RM can weather this change and keep fighting!  It means so much to a lot of people.

• Like 2

It's sad that Gary leave...but I think maybe its time for new blood???? Gary is a special thing in RM in my opinion, I love his jokes...his mumbling....and even when he was mad at Kwang So for betray him. Gary leave will impact a lot I guess....its not the same when Joong Ki left the show...Gary already make his foot print so deep in RM. So the PD team need someone as special as him to replace the post. 

So I think its wise to have 8 members formation back to the game, we need mr random capable and flower boy image to join the club. 

I've been thinking some names that pop up that might match their current members...

1. Jung Yong Hwa, yes he recently has scandal with the back trading issue within his stocks in FnC, also it dragged Yoo Jae Suk name in his scandal. Its hard to picture him back to Running Man actually because of that, but I admit he is one of the best guest in RM history. He is can be mr random capable...proven that he was able to battle JK and tore his name tag....and he is in a very need situation to get his foot back to the industry after the scandal. So I guess he will fit as the new member to replace Gary. 

2. Hong Jong Hyun (because having Woo Bin to the show as the new member is impossible kekekekekkek), can we have him as our new Joong Ki in RM???? LOL.....he is handsome...a new rising promising actor.....and very capable in battling the other RM member...he looks smart too....he is tall....and handsome..again....Well he can be the new one to replace Joong Ki spot..because its also impossible to have Joong Ki back to the show as its impossible too for Woo Bin....

3. Daesung BIGBANG ......he wants to be a variety member again right????? haahahaha I once watch Bigbang interviewed that he ask for Yoo Jae Suk to get him into the show again...well then there's a clue...can we have him in RM to replace Gary???

4. Lee Seung Gi....he loves being in variety show..when he ended his military service can we have him as our new member. He is handsome...smart and handsome. LOL...he is another perfect replacement for Joong Ki. 

• Like 1

They could never really replace Gary. He will always be part of the RM family. It won't be the same of course. I read a few wouldn't watch it anymore and I thought that was immature. But whatever they do after his final episode, I hope it can continue strong. Infinite Challenge has been long running and they also had to deal with members leaving. I do think the large international fanbase has helped in keeping it going despite ratings. There is no other show like it.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2016 at 1:07 AM, themarchioness said:

When Gary left the one time before it was related to controversies surrounding some concert that his company had been trying to put on.  Both he and his partner, Gil, stepped back from their variety shows.  But none of the fans ever felt it was their fault and entreated them to return so in the end, both Gary and Gil were absent from their shows for maybe a week or two, at the most.  I don't know that I'd call it a leaving of the show, more like an intent.  (See article for more info: http://mwave.interest.me/en/kpop-news/article/15719/leessangs-gary-announces-he-will-be-leaving-running-man-and-variety-in-general)

This time it's definitely permanent.  I can't say I'm surprised.  I've sensed an unhappiness about Gary this past year.  You could tell he was wanting to leave show and wanting to focus on his music, and I have to say, I think the show's actually done a pretty good job of easing us into that reality through several of its episodes this past year.  (Like the heart to heart talks episode, or the Monday Couple date, which was kind of a farewell, if you think about it.)  I'm sad.  I definitely think of the 7 as a unit.

But I'm also proud of this wonderful show and all they've achieved these past 7 years.  It's not easy keeping a cast intact for that long.  I also know the members love each other.  I have to believe that they're happy for Gary and wishing him well.  You only want the best for the people you love, so as his fan or even just a fan of RM, I feel it should be the same for us.  I'll miss seeing him, but I'll continue to follow his news and hope good things for him.

I'll also hope that RM can weather this change and keep fighting!  It means so much to a lot of people.

You are absolutely right in saying that Gary looked unhappy in the past months (or even a full year?). You could definitely sense it and I was wondering then how long he can "force" himself to do the show. 

I remember that Cho PD really tried hard to convince him to join the show. Didn't Cho PD even go to his restaurant for several days? 

I believe that he would have left much earlier if not for his love of his fellow members.

While I am sad to see him go, I only wish for him what I wish for myself and people I love, to be happy in whatever he does.

Kang Gary, fighting!

• Like 2

Running Man has helped so many of us overcome difficult harsh times in the past six plus years, stood by us, made us laugh and lighten our lives and made us smile a little more. This really proves how it isn't just another sitcom variety show which airs every week, but a special little part of all our lives as runners; it has in some way or another changed and touched every viewer on a personal level. And because of this, I'm sure us as fans will stand together and continue supporting this beautiful show and the members + production team despite the heartbreaking news of Gary's departure... Even though the show may never be the same again, our love as fans of the show should not waver and embrace this change together and give our love and support to both the remaining cast and Gary. Forever a runner <3e36fd061d44a094a9409af86af86def3e2269fb8

Edited by hexrah
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2016 at 5:31 PM, Yippeuni said:

2. Hong Jong Hyun (because having Woo Bin to the show as the new member is impossible kekekekekkek), can we have him as our new Joong Ki in RM???? LOL.....he is handsome...a new rising promising actor.....and very capable in battling the other RM member...he looks smart too....he is tall....and handsome..again....Well he can be the new one to replace Joong Ki spot..because its also impossible to have Joong Ki back to the show as its impossible too for Woo Bin....

3. Daesung BIGBANG ......he wants to be a variety member again right????? haahahaha I once watch Bigbang interviewed that he ask for Yoo Jae Suk to get him into the show again...well then there's a clue...can we have him in RM to replace Gary???

4. Lee Seung Gi....he loves being in variety show..when he ended his military service can we have him as our new member. He is handsome...smart and handsome. LOL...he is another perfect replacement for Joong Ki. 

lol, even its impossible, woobin looks fit to be next running man member hahaha.. he is so funny, easy going, handsome and his image on variety show totally diferrent like his image as actor. wish for woobin though it was mission impossible lol

• Like 3

I haven't been updated with the newest episodes of RM but I've watched it since the beginning and I have to say it's my favorite variety show of all times! I'm so sad Gary is leaving though he's one of my favorite member along side Jihyo. I hope they don't replace him though, chemistry with 6 members should keep it going!

• Like 4