[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

Lemme share my sentiments about running man reaching its ending. I just feel the need to share my thoughts so I logged in here.

Before becoming a fan or running man, I am more into kpop groups and dramas so I discovered it because of Bigbang, when they guested on the show. I enjoy the show until I became a fan. At first, I just watched it because of the guest but I found myself loving it most especially each member. I remember one time, it was our graduation ball and I didn't get enough sleep because I watched running man the whole evening, I just slept during the graduation ball.

Running man is my daily dose of laughter and my remedy when I'm having a bad time. My mother thought I am insane because I literally laugh my heart out whenever I'm watching it. Seeing it ends and the controversy it is facing right now, I am really broken. Running man, my favorite variety show isn't supposed to end like that. I am more hurt when they actually kicked ji hyo out without prior notice. People know how much I love ji hyo and I know how much ji hyo love running man. Although she wanted to leave because of conflict in schedule and other difficulties in filming a variety show, she remained loyal just like Kim Jong Kook.

When I heard about the news of them being kicked out, I cried for how many days. My roommate thought I was being crazy but since she knows how much I love running man and song ji hyo, she actually understand why I am acting like that. At the end of the show, I only have one wish, let the ending be serene and can they guest joong ki on the show. The theme will be bringing back the memories of seven years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Soompi's translation on Haha's slipped disc.

I got a slipped disc seven times, but I didn’t say anything because I thought everyone went through this. My doctor might have been exaggerating, but they said I could have become paralyzed.

After knowing their suffering, I'm at least placated that the show is drawing to a close. 

• Like 5

i agree with some of you concern about their strunggle for the sake of the show, they are true proffessional that never once in all the times they show their hardship even when the camera didnt record their face or in the end they must got edited like suk jin case, they always enjoy the show because they really love the show even when the consept was boring, i feel bad for them when they got blamed for the low rating though they gave all to the show by sacrifice their body with smile in their face to hide their bad health and pain, all because they wanted to bring laugh and entertain the vieweres not because money or name... but in the end variety show pushed everyone to give up their health not just rm or mudo that sometimes they must stunggle not just their health but their mentality, such as law in the jungle, real man or others shows with or without same consept, i hope they can bring the 7 members to the new show with new consept because it's such a pity for me with all the time i spent time with them in my life must end in february, 7012 ...forever

• Like 2

What I disliked about the show was that at times it was too physical.  I also didn't like the biting.  The mouth is so full of germs. If a person has a opening on their skin through a small unnoticeable cut, just think of the germs that could enter the bloodstream because they were bitten.  I always shudder when the two biters - JS and JH - bite someone! 

I love all of them but my favorite from the first episode I watched to the end is Jong Kook.  I feel like I have lost family members.  AFter years of watching them on TV and seeing them go older, it feels so sad to suddenly think they will not be together again.

• Like 2

Last ep got 8% rating. The last time it got 8% or more was in May last year. I found it ironic that an episode that revolves around KJK got such rating (not really high, but considering the state RM was in, it is higher) while KJK was one of the two they planned to dump to boost rating. It's nice to see that the rating went up since the whole controversy :)

Fan meeting! They don't go to my country but I hope whoever attend these fan meetings will enjoy the show and make the members feel loved. :heart:

• Like 2

i appreciate how the pd and team wanted to gave memorable ending to each members by doing different concept, yesterday episode very good with blind date consept because of their concern to jong kook' love life that each members told several times they worried about jong kook being single forever, but the beginning episode when he pulled the van with member inside the van while the rope be tied at his waist was too much for me because jong kook must endure physically, he really gave all by forced himself to pull with all his strength to pull the van without hestitate ignore the pain in his back and waist. really he must endure physically in almost episode rm in the past.

• Like 1

[★BREAKING] Gary announces his return to Running Man

GaryReturnsRunningManBreaking.jpg

Gary will be making a comeback to Running Man for a special episode before the program is cancelled for good for the end of January.

This is the first appearance that Gary will be making on Running Man since he left on Episode 324 and then made a short guest appearance in Episode 325.

Insiders revealed that Gary has already taken part in the filming for his special episode on January 17th. The appearance of Gary was a surprise to the other members, who weren’t told that he would be featured on the episode.

The show will be airing the surprised reactions of the other Running Man crew members, and will air on January 29th. 

“The episode is set to air 2 weeks later so it’s difficult for me to tell you the content of it but it was kept very secret so everyone was surprised. It will be filled with secrets and surprises so please look forward to it.”

— Running Man Producer Lee Hwan Jin

The contents of the episode are still being kept secret, so stay tuned to find out more.

Source Koreaboo

Yaaayy finally!

• Like 4

In other news..... According to http://www.koreaboo.com/news/gary-announces-return-running-man/, KG will join the show for his special episode!

RANT ALERT but personally, for me, after he decided to leave the show to focus on his music, I've seen him constantly being linked back to RM which kinda make me feel bad for him. :( For those years I've been a RM fan, I've seen him said on interviews that he's afraid of just being seen as Running-Man-KG instead of Musician-KG and how he's working even harder on his music to prevent being seen just as Running-Man-KG and how he's well aware of people expecting a certain side of him because of his variety persona and how he's afraid of losing his honesty along the way.

When the SJH-KJK controversy happened, I've seen some fans saying, "OMG KG must have also been kicked out secretly and that's why he's no longer in RM!!!". When the news broke that Leessang disbanded, again some fans are saying "But he left RM because he wants to make music!!! Then he should've just come back to RM!!!" and so on... They completely dismiss his passion and desire to push himself even further in regards of his music which makes me really sad, especially since I'm also a huge fan of his music and his lyrics.

Since he left, KG has been working really hard recording and writing his music and promoting himself in China. After ep 325, the one where they keep coming back to his studio, he even said that he won't be having another TV appearances for awhile. When it was finally decided that RM will end, I've seen people constantly asking and pressuring KG to come back to RM and honestly I'm so tired of seeing people not respecting his decision to leave on his own. I miss seeing KG on RM, yes, but I'd hate it if he comes back just because people pressuring him to.

With that being said, if this special episode is following the member's week format and revolves around what he wants to do, I think I'm gonna assume that he's joining the show because he personally wants to. I miss him and I miss seeing the 7 of them together so I'm looking forward for his episode. :D

• Like 3

Omo Daebak!

“Running Man” Is Not Ending This Year

running-man.jpeg

“Running Man” will be continuing, contradictory to all the previous reports about the show coming to an end.

On January 24, SBS released an official press release stating that in response to overwhelming viewer expressions of disappointment, the show will be continuing with the current six members.

According to SBS, “Director Nam Seung Yong of SBS Entertainment, who first planned ‘Running Man’ back in 2010, met with each of the cast members in the beginning of the year. He apologized for what happened during the attempts to reformat the show, and all six members agreed to keep going.”

Director Nam Seung Yong said, “Thank you to the ‘Running Man’ members for making this difficult decision. And for the fans, we will do our best to pay you back for your seven years of unwavering love with even more fun episodes in the future.”

Previously, following the controversy of Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook being suddenly removed from the show due to reformatting, it was announced that “Running Man” would be ending in February 2017.

Source: Soompi

• Like 4

[★BREAKING] Creator of Running Man Reveals Why Show Was Uncancelled

RunningManNotCancelled.jpeg

SBS has now released statements explaining the decision to not cancel Running Man after news broke out moments ago the show would continue to air.

The statements come from SBS’ Chief of Headquarters (Director) and the Creator of Running Man, Nam Seung Yong. Chief Nam was the original creator of Running Man and has been involved with the show since it first began.

Sports Donga interviewed Nam Seung Yong immediately after it was announced Running Man would be returning and not be cancelled.

Read the full interview and statements, translated by Koreaboo, below:

“Running Man isn’t just a variety program. It boasts 100 million fans just overseas and I don’t think it’s fair not to reflect their opinions and decide the fate of the show just because of internal problems.

I believe the correct path is to undergo change in order to become a better show and give more to the fans. That is why we are back.”

— Director Nam Seung Yong

Read more HERE

• Like 4

i'm happy with the rm news, but for the fans who enjoy the show so much dont add new member, just cherish the rest member and explore their skill with new consept so that viewers and fans will enjoy the show including ex fans whom in the past really like rm, i miss rm in the past though i wanted to replay in several times i never got bored. with the member spirit and new consept will changes korean' opinion that rm is enjoyable and funny not childish and boring one

• Like 3

I agree with rhiesta.  For me, still haven't got over Gary's departure.  Not ready to welcome new member.  Just want to spend some time with the remaining 6.  Please make it less physical and less cheating.  Jong Kook, fighting :) 

• Like 3