[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

Thats rude if it was like that. But i think the news just leaked before staff could even talk to them. Just think bout it why would they behave like that? The decision was probaly made right before news were leaked.

The show needed big changes. I watched all episodes from the beginning and am big fan of variety shows in general. Its very hard to come up with new fun ideas for a show and there were no new innovative shows for a while now. Some of the shows like Knowing Bros work because of cast. So i think it was sad but only good option to change cast.

Dumn it!....... Now I dont think LKS will stay as we all know very well LKS & KJK are good friends from long time, and if his friend is kick out of the show, if I were him, I will definitely not stay in the show. Anyway, they are all so popular cast, I am sure they have elsewhere or other better offers.

What a bad decision, they should have wait until next year before kicking out the cast, until Gary departure already accepted by the viewers. It is just too soon, and tell me now KJK only have one more episode to go, what an unfair situation to KJK, and somemore, I am sure KJK only did the last episode out of courtesy to Running man fans, I know he is such a nice person. If I were him, I think I will immediate leave, and let everyone know the reason, and not do one more episode and allow the higherups cover up their back....

Goodbye running man.....

I hope Gary was not actually forced out too.....because they wanted to revamp and then revamp out of the original cast.

Let me stay something fair, Running man is no longer fun because of the games and boring theme lately, not because of the cast. Running man is still watchable because of the original 7 cast.

I am sure that something is brewing, as I can see that SJH did not seem to be leaving when Gary was leaving, as she was "angry" for Gary leaving, and we can see that SJH dont seem to be leaving the next episode after Gary left when the cast return to Gary work office to "steal" his stuffs.

Anyway, we will never know the real happenings. Probably Gary left because the higherups wanted to cut some members and he sacrificed....

It's sad to hear that SJH and KJK were blindsided like that. If they chose to leave it wouldn't have been such a big problem but to be kicked off the show like this. I would be really disappointed if the remaining cast stayed. Running man should just be cancelled. 

SBS messed up big time.

Part of me hopes that the show just call it quit rather than breaking up like this.

I love RM wholeheartedly and I'm so heartbroken.

I saw that Myuk PD met up with KJK and SJH last week...

I desperately want the 7 members to stay together til the show is done.... even with Gary leaving I was still fine, because I can see that they part in good terms.

Not like this...

• Like 3

As others have stated, the PD's in charged have messed up big time. Not that SBS is absolved from this disaster, but if anyone was going to be fired/laid off, it should be the current PDs of the show.

When I look back at some of the earlier years for "Running Man", it's so evident that the PDs's in charge then knew what they were doing. Sure, some of the personas of the cast members have either changed or evolved since the golden days, but if you look at the quality of the games/missions/editing within the last few years, anyone with common sense can tell you that the Production team has been lacking in quality for awhile now.

The ONLY reason why this show has stayed on for as long as it has is because of the cast members. Their chemistry and their devotion is what kept this show alive. Any other show would have long since been cancelled. 

Heck, I was watching the "Name Tag" race that "2 Days 1 NIght" did in honor for Kim Jong-Min (who has never been able to appear on RM due to his long commitment to 2D1N" and they pretty much hit the nail right on the head on showing why RM has been falling for this long. The Producers have been doing nothing but adding nonsense and unnecessary difficult scenarios to games and missions that make it so hard for both the participants and the viewers to get fully invested in.

The goal of the producers should have always been to create realistic scenarios that would bring out the best interactions from the cast members. Hell, add more punishments for the members that were to lose a mission/game to make it feel more high stakes, etc.

Ultimately, RM and SBS really shot themselves. I will not be surprised if the final episode for the series closes out this year.

• Like 3

Guest pink_dolphins

Honestly i'm only watching RM for the members and not the show... Now that they took out 3 original members i think there is nothing more that will hold me to keep on watching. Jae Suk and Haha is in IC and Kwang Soo i could watch in dramas. Dmn this is one messed up show... I wonder how the remaining members will react now knowing how RM producers treated 2 of their beloved members.

“Running Man” Production Issues Official Apology To Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo

The production crew for SBS’s “Running Man” has formally stated their position in regards to the recent cast change controversy.

On December 15, the production team stated, “We would like to state our position regarding the recent controversy on the cast changes for ‘Running Man.'” The team then revealed that they were unable to wrap up the communication procedures for the goal of launching the second season in January of 2017.

They continued, saying, “With the news of the unexpected reorganization being released, we hurt both Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook, two members who we have treated like family for the past seven years. In regards to that aspect, we would like to sincerely apologize to both of them.”

The production team ended their statement with, “We sincerely apologize once more for not being more thoughtful and considerate towards both of them. We would also like to apologize to the other ‘Running Man’ members who are feeling confused.”

Meanwhile, Song Ji Hyo’s and Kim Jong Kook’s respective agencies recently confirmed that both cast members would be leaving the official cast.

Source (1)

Cr Soompi

Have just unfollow IG RunningMan :tears:

2 hours ago, pink_dolphins said:

Honestly i'm only watching RM for the members and not the show... Now that they took out 3 original members i think there is nothing more that will hold me to keep on watching. Jae Suk and Haha is in IC and Kwang Soo i could watch in dramas. Dmn this is one messed up show... I wonder how the remaining members will react now knowing how RM producers treated 2 of their beloved members.

I really didn't like what the production crew did to SJH and KJK, I mean, who would, right? 

I guess we are on the same boat about this. I watched RM ever since, and I already grew with the members. Just recently, I watched the first episodes of RM, I suddenly missed everyone. 

I think the remaining members are also confused or disappointed with this outcome. It was hard for them to let Gary go, now this. :bawling:

• Like 1

The apology means nothing. The damage is done. There's no going back at this point...

I was so desperate I filled this https://www.change.org/p/sbs-don-t-change-the-member-in-running-man/u/18796292 petition and spread it everywhere..but then I realized...nothing can be done now. RM will never be the same. 

Now it's up to SBS crew to do some damage control over the mess they've made. Something that can make the parting less painful.

I was watching RM today (yes I rewatched the whole series once I got done, I'm up to 230-ish now) and I burst out in tears all of a sudden T.T seeing KJK worked so hard.. and SJH, my bias... T.T I'm so hurt. I only started liking RM in the past years, and it's so painful even for me. I can't imagine how painful it is for loyal fan who's been with them since the very 1st episode... T.T

In my opinion, there is nothing changes even they kick 2 member.. the problem was came from "idea and concept" from writer and PD.. RM member all full fun person ! It was PD and Writer Job to make them shine

i already have feeling when Ji suk jin have another new radio show lately.. i think like he was prepare for the bad news since he getting older :) but it was turn out to be SJH and KJK ! It feel unfair ! Because i think SJH and KJK was loyal member they dont be bother brought their family to appear in running man. If there is a change they should be knows everything at least 1 month or two month before they leaving ! Its unprofesional for SBS producers make them leave without telling them to prepare !

For gary, I notice this years SJH and LKS have many fun fighting scene was prepare for gary leaving the show (in my opinion) 

thanks to HH and JSJ for unfollow sbs RM ! I think they are angry with sbs !

RM having alot fan base in international ! They should considering international viewers !!! (I also sick with some international viewers who keep blame RM not really funny for past 2 years ! There is some upside down in RM, but we cant says rm not funny at all. Now 3 member leaving !!!  I dont know what to says anymore !) 

RM RIP ! 

Sad how it was handled. Now there is too much negativity.

I am actualy looking forward to new RM. Ppl say PDs should have tried new ideas, but they did try new things and it never helped the ratings. Look at 1N2D...  you think they have something new? NO! Its the same old stuff they always did (same games with slight variations). And still the ratings for this season is higher then from previous season. Why? Because cast is funnier and they have weak competition. So changing cast might be a good choice. I love every member of RM. I love seeing them interact with each other, i watched them from the beginning. I will sure miss them. I wish KJK didnt have back problems so he could do more stuff and Ji Hyo should have been more active. If they did that show would have been more fun. And dont blame always the pds. There is not much they can do if some of the cast are not enthusiastic enough. In the past there were a lot of instances where everyone in the cast saved episodes from disasters because they did their best, but for years now Kwangsoo, Haha and Jaesuk are almost the only ones who do that. The others simply dont initiate on their own anymore. And half is just not enough. Which is sad and i wish it wasnt the case.

No more running man after this.. One more ep to watch. I have been watching running man past 7 years, now i have to say goodbye to it. I will rather watch other variety show as their PD is more loyalty to the member never ever want to change the show or member unless they leave by themselves,not like running man PD just a apologize and thats it. Never no how hurt it is. Selfishness in their act. Your new season rating will be lower then you ever thought. Will regret what you all have done to people. Bye Running Man................. i will only watch old version running man with their loyalty 7012.

• Like 2

The news lately is very sad, feels like I'm watching RM doing nametag ripping wherein RM Production team's the one blindsidedly removing the member's nametag one by one and announcing in the whole building corridors... "KJK's out!"... "SJH's out!". Now I don't know about Gary if he really voluntarily removed his own nametag. :crazy:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, LoveBangWon said:

In my opinion, there is nothing changes even they kick 2 member.. the problem was came from "idea and concept" from writer and PD.. RM member all full fun person ! It was PD and Writer Job to make them shine

i already have feeling when Ji suk jin have another new radio show lately.. i think like he was prepare for the bad news since he getting older :) but it was turn out to be SJH and KJK ! It feel unfair ! Because i think SJH and KJK was loyal member they dont be bother brought their family to appear in running man. If there is a change they should be knows everything at least 1 month or two month before they leaving ! Its unprofesional for SBS producers make them leave without telling them to prepare !

For gary, I notice this years SJH and LKS have many fun fighting scene was prepare for gary leaving the show (in my opinion) 

thanks to HH and JSJ for unfollow sbs RM ! I think they are angry with sbs !

RM having alot fan base in international ! They should considering international viewers !!! (I also sick with some international viewers who keep blame RM not really funny for past 2 years ! There is some upside down in RM, but we cant says rm not funny at all. Now 3 member leaving !!!  I dont know what to says anymore !) 

RM RIP ! 

So true!  RM is nothing if its not the RM members and their charms ....  Why single out SJH and KJK?   They have tons of fans , and so does Gary...if they are trying to inject new blood , then the one to leave is really Ji Suk Jin.  This guy has a lot of passive aggressive behaviour that comes through if you watch their exchanges and if you go ticking through what he brings to the show,  he really is at the bottom compared to the other 6 (granted he improved from the time he first started). 

RM has been falling back on korea ratings for korean variety shows since ages ago... The only thing that kept it alive , was the popularity and fame it brought to SBS internationally.  I'm sure international fans already noted the show was getting worse and don't have much new stuff to keep its fans watching week after week. The writers and PD were at the bottom of their creativity barrel since forever. Week after week, they lapsed back to feeble parlour games and depended on the the celebrity guest stars and RM team exchanges to heat things up.  Honestly , because RM was getting so run of the mill and boring , that i started to watch 2D1N(this one is starting to show fatigue as well), infinity challenge(hello, they went to Russia to do zero-gravity stunts and to North Pole to see wild polar bears) , I live alone, Mom's diary, Baek Soon X cooking show...etc,  House Husbands, etc... 

Sorry i rambled on and on...but writers and PD has failed. This is a major screw up. This is the only variety show with SJH and KJK as Tiger or spartace is irreplaceable , just like Gary, Haha and YJS.  How can the PD fail to recognise this?  Take out SJH and KJK???...it's not RM anymore... Kill the show...or change the PD and writers please.... 

"IN NEON LIGHTS" WHICH OTHER VARIETY SHOW CAN DO REGIONAL FANS MEET IN MOST MAJOR CITIES IN ASIA? ONLY RM... Because of RM members. 

Sigh....

• Like 4