Official Android Phones Thread

Guest WitchGoddess

Guest dancingbymyself

I recently picked up a droid 2 and its great. A little heavy, but I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Battery life is a bit short, but that's probably just because ive been messing with it too much.

Apps I recommend:

Daum (Basically A Korean ver of the Google app. It's great becuase you can do voice search in Korean)

Youversion Bible (Gots to have he Bible App)

Notebook (Simple nice looking notes app)

Scanlife (barcode scanner makes getting new apps so much easier)

Google Voice (Free Visual Voicemail FTW!)

MBC Mini/Googlephone TV (Korean Radio apps)

Google Translate (Not only does it translate the word to the other language, it also has a pronounciation guide)

Alarm Clock Plus (Alarm clock with a feature where you have to solve a math problem to get it to shut up)

Camera Illusion/FxCamera (Camera apps with way more features then the standard one)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FeedMeFood

I bought an used nexus one yesterday. I want to root it but don't know where to start, it's information overload when I googled it ph34r.gif

Other than that, I'm loving the different live wallpapers you can download lol.

I bought an used nexus one yesterday. I want to root it but don't know where to start, it's information overload when I googled it ph34r.gif

The forums over at XDA-Developers.com is a great way to get started.

Guest Tonyc402

Id HIGHLY recommend going to TheUnlockr.com ( yes thats how its spelt). They teach you everything from rooting it to flashing recovery images and installing custom roms. They have both videos and text to guide you through it.

I recently picked up a droid 2 and its great. A little heavy, but I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Battery life is a bit short, but that's probably just because ive been messing with it too much.

my htc was sucking battery until i did 2 things:

1. get a task killer to turn off apps running in the background

2. turn off the sync feature.

(apparently, when you type something into facebook/google calendar/etc, the phone tries to connect to the internet to sync the info...and constantly tries to do that until ur battery runs out)

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

I own a blackberry tour currently, but i am switching to a samsung fascinate, it's getting mailed today! super excited! I love my blackberry and all, but after playing with the fascinate, i was blown away!

i'll come back here to write a review//recommendations after I get it and play with it more =3

Got the Samsung intercept its an amazing upgrade from my old phone. Biggest downfall is the battery life. I admit I am a heavy user...using it right now! But u can get UT down to 20% in under six hours from unplugged

I have 2.1 on this tempted to root but the rioted kernels pretty much are in beta stage nd this is my only phone so I need soeithing stable.

If the android 2.2 gets released as they said try will then I wont need root.

There is a lot of limitations on this hardware 120mb or less flash for apps and 256 MB ram with only about 60mb free at start

A froyo feature is app2sd which can solve thef lash space issue and it's possible to use swap if you root and store it to the SD tempting

Guest the kite

Just wondering, does the X10 have the one theme ? I hate blue ! I've been looking for some themes to download, but I can't seem to find any. I just want to change the color, lol.

I know theres all this hype about iPhone 4, and i probably would get one but not until laaater on because who knows how buggy the software might be?] so I won't upgrade my 3gs just yet. I am planning on upgrading my G1 though, maybe to either Moto Cliq or the Mytouch 3G Slide but most likely the latter because it's newer and looks better. I originally wanted the Droid/Milestone but it's just too expensive, around 500-600 unlocked, and also a reason why i wont be getting iphone 4 because i'd hve to get it without contract = pricey!!! I really love how the Mytouch 3g Slide looks, very sleek. I'd get it in white..........

kanyakumari | Kanyakumari Photos | Kanyakumari Tourism

Guest FeedMeFood

The forums over at XDA-Developers.com is a great way to get started.

Id HIGHLY recommend going to TheUnlockr.com ( yes thats how its spelt). They teach you everything from rooting it to flashing recovery images and installing custom roms. They have both  videos and text to guide you through it.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna look more into it when I have time :D

Definitely looks a lot more complicated than jailbreaking ipod touch... it's my first time wanting to do something more involved like this haha..

edit. I rooted my phone with the super one click way, and everything was fine until I decided to install custom ROM so I can get the HTC Sense UI. Then when I reboot it, it was hella slow starting up, I thought it froze twice. But then it loaded and the new look was awesome! But then I had to switch sim card so after rebooting again, the phone stayed frozen at "HTC" screen for way longer than before. omfgithoughtibrickedit ph34r.gif so then I decided not to play around anymore and just restore it. Thank god they instruct you to make backup............................ I think, I'm gonna stick to less intense ways to customize my phone now hahasweatingbullets.gif

Guest High Kick

i made two flashable zip files for fonts.

your phone must be rooted (i'm rooted via unrevoked clockwork, stock rom, if that matters).

just install on the sd card and flash in recovery.

i am not responsible if something bad happens to your phone.

note: these only change the system font, so you can flash one on top of the other until you find one you like, but if you want to do a nandroid backup first, that's ok too.

thanks to our friend, yoojeong, for the fonts.

first one is go mae.

GoMae_01.png

GoMae_02.png

http://www.4shared.com/file/1BgzKwjJ/Font-GoMae.html

second one is chocolate cooky.

ChocolateCooky_01.png

ChocolateCooky_02.png

http://www.4shared.com/file/4GmRg0T7/Font-ChocolateCooky.html

Guest onnetwothreefour

stuck between the G2 or the Vibrant. Help me choose!! Looking for overall performance/quality/fun, etc! I do not mind if I have a hard QWERTY or on-screen, just looking to see which phone will get the best out of the money I am going to spend.

edit; decided to wait for the nexus two

Guest High Kick

stuck between the G2 or the Vibrant. Help me choose!! Looking for overall performance/quality/fun, etc! I do not mind if I have a hard QWERTY or on-screen, just looking to see which phone will get the best out of the money I am going to spend.

edit; decided to wait for the nexus two

the nexus two might never come out. i think the companies involved are denying it.

i'd go with the g2. on paper, i think the vibrant looks better (with its screen and hummingbird) but i am not really a fan of touchwiz. i like a few things touchwiz has done but for the most part, i'm a huge vanilla android fan (i used to be a huge sense fan but i only like their widgets).

also, i heard that even though the g2 doesn't have a high-end processor, it's still really fast.

Guest Tonyc402

Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna look more into it when I have time :D

Definitely looks a lot more complicated than jailbreaking ipod touch... it's my first time wanting to do something more involved like this haha..

edit. I rooted my phone with the super one click way, and everything was fine until I decided to install custom ROM so I can get the HTC Sense UI. Then when I reboot it, it was hella slow starting up, I thought it froze twice. But then it loaded and the new look was awesome! But then I had to switch sim card so after rebooting again, the phone stayed frozen at "HTC" screen for way longer than before. omfgithoughtibrickedit ph34r.gif so then I decided not to play around anymore and just restore it. Thank god they instruct you to make backup............................ I think, I'm gonna stick to less intense ways to customize my phone now hahasweatingbullets.gif

Hahah dont worry , its actually quite hard to brick your phone in general unless you get a corrupted zip file. But yeah , making a backup will save your life . You should try the MIUI ROM, amazing UI.

Guest onnetwothreefour

the nexus two might never come out. i think the companies involved are denying it.

i'd go with the g2. on paper, i think the vibrant looks better (with its screen and hummingbird) but i am not really a fan of touchwiz. i like a few things touchwiz has done but for the most part, i'm a huge vanilla android fan (i used to be a huge sense fan but i only like their widgets).

also, i heard that even though the g2 doesn't have a high-end processor, it's still really fast.

Yeah I found out the November 8th event isn't for the Nexus Two. But I am looking at the Mytouch 4g now...I really really was set on the Vibrant for the Super AMOLED =\ Also considering the Desire HD which hasnt come to american t-mobile yet...no front facing camera :(, too bad there's no phone that has no flaws

Guest onnetwothreefour

The Mytouch4G is actually pretty nice considering the speed that Tmobile is coming out with.

Yup, however...I am debating if I should just wait for the next generation Iphone...I do have a little under a year left on my contract and by that time apple would probably release it

My phone is the Galaxy Icon.

Last week I dropped it once, then yesterday I dropped it again, and then today I dropped it twice, how lovely!

I've only had it for a few months too :(

Archived