[Drama 2010] Birdie, Buddy 버디버디

Guest yeohweping

Guest kaedejun

^ lol what?!

it's going to air next year????

that's a looooong time from now!!

i've been waiting for this drama, coz i really really like UEE! hehe :D

and i got curious too, coz the guy actually star in 2009 MAMA with 2NE1 in the musical "i don't care"...

i want to see UEE act again..

also, why did they make the guy look ugly??what's up with the long braided hair? it doesn't suit him.. -_-

they should have let him have short/clean cut, he looks better.

better late than never!!!!!! it would be an absolute waste if this drama were scrapped. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adikkeluangman

UEE’s “Birdie Buddy” drama moves to MBC

Drama “Birdie Buddy“, which stars After School’s UEE, will be moved to MBC.

According to production company Group Eight, “Birdie Buddy” will be broadcast by MBC as the follow-up to their Monday/Tuesday drama, “Queen of Reversals.”

A representative stated, “‘Birdie Buddy’ has been moved to MBC as the follow-up for ‘Queen of Reversals.’ However, there’s a chance that ‘Queen of Reversals’ may be extended, so we’ve pushed the broadcast date for ‘Birdie Buddy’ to late December or early January. If everything goes according to schedule, ‘Queen of Reversals’ will end on December 21st and ‘Birdie Buddy’ can broadcast on the 27th.”

He went on to state, “The drama consists of 20 total episodes. MBC will further discussions on the number of broadcasts and other details.”

“Birdie Buddy” is a drama remake of Korea’s first golf comic, “Birdie”. UEE will portray a positive, country girl named ‘Sung Mi Su’ that becomes a rookie golfer.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/11/uees-birdie-buddy-drama-moves-to-mbc

Guest antinh85

There's another article in Allkpop that came out today saying that MBC will not air this drama? IS this true? something about contracts?

Gosh so much problems for this series. :(

There's another article in Allkpop that came out today saying that MBC will not air this drama? IS this true? something about contracts?

Gosh so much problems for this series. :(

Time for Group 8 to go to other options such as going to another network, or cable.

Guest antinh85

UEE drama cancel

It was recently announced that the broadcasting of After School’s UEE’s golf drama on MBC, titled“Birdie Buddy“, has been cancelled.

“We made a final decision to not organize a production for “Birdy Buddy”. The drama was meant to succeed the Monday-Tuesday miniseries, “Queen of Reversals”, however, during the negotiation meeting with our subcontracts, they felt it was unsuitable and was rejected as a result,” revealed a representative of MBC.

They continued, “The drama “Friends of Switched Fates” will be aired after “Queen of Reversals” instead. We have plans to extend the number of episodes for “Queen of Reversals”, however, there are no concrete details on whether the plan will go through and how many episodes we will add.”

However, because the production of ‘Friends of Switched Fates‘ began too late to commence broadcasting episodes for January 2011, MBC are considering measures for showing “Birdie Buddy” as a short transmission drama between “Queen of Reversals” and “Friends of Switched Fates“.

Source: Star News via Nate

Credits:Allkpop

Time for Group 8 to go to other options such as going to another network, or cable.

I think they would face the same problems if they go to other stations. I think MBC had thought it over and find that it would get low ratings anyhow. Since sport dramas always fare bad. Since everyone had since forgotten all about it. Production is so inconsistent that they keep pushing it back until now. Plus it's not like there's a really popular actor in this show.

I quess it's not a bad thing. I feel bad for UEE and the actors. I hope they atleast get pay. Well i think she did gained some acting experience from this. So i quess it's not all empty handed.

• 3 months later...
Guest C51236

Still cuts revealed of UEE’s golf drama, “Birdie Buddy”

March 16, 2011

On March 16th, Group 8, the drama’s production company, released still cuts of the drama and revealed that the teaser will be released through YouTube on March 18th.

Producers of the drama stated, “For the past year in production, both producers and cast members alike have worked without end to make sure that the drama is as perfect as it can be.”

The drama began filming back in March of 2010 and centers around a story of a country girl, ‘Sung Misu’, who hopes to become a pro golfer despite the difficult financial situation she grows up. UEE revealed, “Being the lead role was pressuring, but I worked harder than anyone else in order to become closer with ‘Sung Misu.’ For the past year, I’ve lived life not as UEE, but as ‘Sung Misu.’”

Other cast members include Lee Yong Woo, Oh Hyun Kyung, Jin Ji Hee, and Yoo In Na.

The drama has not been picked up by a broadcast company yet, and does not have a confirmed air date.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/still-cuts-revealed-of-uees-golf-drama-birdie-buddy

Guest kaedejun

The trailer is here!

And it looks so awesome!!! It reminds me of Secret Garden too - but it looks so awesome!!!

Guest antinh85

Just saw the trailer and I must say that UEE has definitely improved. Though I didn't find it so interesting. Why don't they just save us the time and air in youtube please!.. I don't think other stations will pick it up. The story does seem a little exciting but i feel like they reveal too much. We can practically know the whole story just seeing the preview. But i feel bad for the actors and UEE. Seems like they put so much effort into it. They could release in DVD too. I would buy it for UEE. If it has english subs that is..lolz

Guest adikkeluangman

Special elongated trailer from UEE’s “Birdie Buddy” drama revealed

Having revealed still cuts yesterday, Group 8 has finally unveiled the teaser for its golf drama series, “Birdie Buddy“, through YouTube on March 18th.

The drama is headlined by After School’s UEE, but it also stars Lee Yong Woo, Oh Hyun Kyung, Jin Ji Hee, and Yoo In Na, amongst many others.

The producers of the drama stated, “For the past year in production, both producers and cast members alike have worked without end to make sure that the drama is as perfect as it can be.”

The drama began filming back in March of 2010 and centers around a country girl, ‘Sung Misu’, who hopes to become a pro golfer despite her difficult financial environment. UEE revealed, “Being the lead role was pressuring, but I worked harder than anyone else in order to become closer with ‘Sung Misu.’ For the past year, I’ve lived life not as UEE, but as ‘Sung Misu.’”

She continued with tears in her eyes, “All there is left is to meet the viewers now.”

Watch : First teaser trailer

Although the series had wrapped up production in 2010, it has yet to be picked up by a broadcast company. But Group 8 remains hopeful – they’re confident that this YouTube release will help spark interest in the series, and perhaps allow it to find its way to the small screens within the year.

Watch : [Behind the scenes] [Poster shooting]

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/trailer-and-highlights-from-uees-birdie-buddy-drama-revealed

Guest kaedejun

Here's the fully subbed trailer for Birdie Buddy!

DramaFever has it up on their site.

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/765/1/Birdie_Buddy/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

After School’s UEE blamed herself for the obstacles of “Birdie Buddy”

On April 4th, After School’s UEE guested on SBS’s “Night by Night” and revealed her feelings on her golf drama, “Birdie Buddy,” doing poorly because of her.

In response to actress Min Hyo Rin’s story on the obstacles she had to go through with “Triple,” UEE added, “I was also cast for a golf drama last year and recorded for nine months.”

She continued, “I saw an article a while ago and they had used the phrase ‘UEE’s collapse.’ I also saw replies that had said it was the end for me, and I truly was upset. The producers had given me such a big role, and I began wondering whether it was because of me that the drama wasn’t getting picked up by broadcast stations. Not only that, but I was scared that it’d affect After School as well.”

Despite “Birdie Buddy” having completed filming, the drama is still undergoing difficulty in securing itself a broadcast station to air through.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/after-schools-uee-blamed-herself-for-the-obstacles-of-birdie-buddy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

UEE speaks out about ‘Birdie Buddy’ and acting

tn_1303885622_-2023971138_0.jpg

Despite the failure to launch her first leading-role drama “Birdie Buddy“, After School’s UEE revealed her desire to continue pursuing acting.

On April 27th, UEE stated in an interview, “I want to continue acting” – revealing an extraordinary affection and passion for acting.

For those readers who may have not known, UEE was cast for a drama called “Birdie Buddy”, which was actually based off of Korea’s first golf cartoon, called Birdie” and was modeled after successful professional Korean golfers such as Se Ri Park, Michelle Wie, Y.E. Yang, Anthony Kim and others. It was planned to air through MBC, but those plans eventually fell through resulting in UEE to experience much heartache.

UEE stated, “I’m disappointed that ‘Birdie Buddy’ hasn’t aired on television yet, but if the opportunity arises, I would like to continue acting.”

She also revealed that she felt the power of Korean dramas when she visited Japan. She stated, “There was a time when I went to Japan with the After School members for a shooting. The many Japanese students in uniform came up to me saying, ‘UEE-san, we recognize you from ‘You’re Beautiful‘. It was really interesting.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/uee-speaks-out-about-birdie-buddy-and-acting

• 1 month later...
Guest kaedejun

BIRDIE BUDDY IS BACK! Check it out in August!

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/uees-birdie-buddy-to-finally-start-airing-through-tvn-this-august

20110615_uee_1.jpg

After School’s UEE seems to have finally shed her ‘curse’. Her golf-themed drama, “Birdie Buddy“, was recently picked up by cable channel tvN after being left on the back-burner for months.

Since UEE was also cast in the upcoming KBS drama, “Golden Pond“, it looks like the summer is certainly picking up for the star. “Birdie Buddy” had been the source of much trouble for her throughout the year, so both fans and industry representatives are relieved to hear the positive news.

A representative of “Birdie Buddy” confirmed, “Everyone made it seem like it was UEE’s fault that the drama couldn’t be picked up by a network, so we were all very upset. It reached a point where people even started calling it ‘the curse of UEE’. Now that it’s been picked up, I’m sure UEE will be able to shed one less weight off of her shoulders.”

He continued, “Because of contracts and other issues, the drama had to air within the year. Our goal was to air it in the summer, so although we’re a year behind, we’re glad that it’ll still be greeting viewers in the summer.”

“Birdie Buddy” will begin airing through tvN in mid-August.

Source + Photos: Daily Sports via Joins MSN

Tip: Jeremy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kaedejun

Is this one coming  Aug 8?  Looking forward to it if so.....

Yep! and it's airing on DramaFever! coming soon!

Guest wing834

So happy that this drama is finally airing!! Ive been really anticipating it! and i really loved the long trailer that was released a while ago :P Uie's acting is really good, and has definitely improved from her debut drama~

Archived