[Drama 2010] Birdie, Buddy 버디버디

Guest yeohweping

Guest blackjackVip

seriously...no news what so ever about this drama?

maybe it'll air next year? lol

i really really wanna watch this though, i'm curious on how well UEE will do.

P.S oh, yay! my comment made it to the 3rd page..finally. lol

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CLWIFE

im only watching this drama for UEE, if there is only UEE cuts ill be happy to watch them lol

seriously when is it going to air? i feel like it will never air, and that UEE just wasted half year filming this drama when she couldve done something better

Guest ricardox

im only watching this drama for UEE, if there is only UEE cuts ill be happy to watch them lol

seriously when is it going to air? i feel like it will never air, and that UEE just wasted half year filming this drama when she couldve done something better

Yoo In Na FTW. But yeah, same question, is this thing ever going to air?

Guest blackjackVip

wow..still no updates?

lol, i think they're going to push this drama early next year.

coz there's alot of good dramas airing right now, and will be airing next month, so i guess it will be a tough competition...

i'm really looking forward to watching UEE act though... >.<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest antinh85

So I heard that this drama will probably be thrown in the trash. Since the station is focusing more on "playful kiss" and they are putting alot of money into that. Plus it's airing soon.

Poor UEE, she wasted half of a year on this damn project. They shot for like 5 or 6 months already and they only completed like 7 episodes. What the hell! if they are on a low budget, why didn't they shoot faster?

But honestly, i dont think it's any good now if this actually airs. It didn't get much attention in the first place and people had forgotten about it anyways.

Sigh!!!!!!!! I hope UEE will have better luck with her acting project.

That sucks. Sports dramas haven't really done too well the past few years that I can think of. Heading to the Ground, Invincible Lee Pyung Kang(had some golf elements), the one that was about Mixed Martial Arts fighting.

The depressing thing is that I was probably only interested in this show because of UEE, then I've been watching Heroes and I actually was looking even more forward to the show because of enjoying In Na on Heroes.

Guest blackjackVip

what?!

so this drama will never air anymore?!

awww....this is so sad. :(

i feel bad for all the actors and staff of this drama...

i hope this will still pursue maybe at the end of the year?

i really wanna see UEE act again....

Guest antinh85

^^

I think the biggest problem is they haven't even secured an airing date. I mean "playful Kiss" just starting filming and they already had an air date way before. I quess the station thinks that it will be more successful so they rather focus more on that. We're gearing for the fall and alot of dramas already filled up spots for the future runs.

I dont think it'll be a bad thing that it will never air. It will probably get really low ratings. Thats even worse. It'll be just a bad bump for UEE. She'll learn from this and have better projects next time.

Guest kaedejun

that's ridiculous. they're going to dump this drama?! what the hell!!!!!!

out of curiosity - have there ever been dramas that were produced and then dumped halfway through, before they even started airing? I don't mean dramas that got cut down while in production (like bad guy or tamra the island) but something like birdie buddy.

Guest antinh85

^^

Guys I dont want to mislead you into thinking that this drama may be dropped. These were just rumors from the fans because it seems that the production team only got 7 episodes done when they been shooting this for months.

It could just be the process is slow. They do want to shoot the whole thing, then air it. That's why it's taking so long.

• 1 month later...
Guest antinh85

^^

OMG thanks for the pics. UEE looks so cute. I dont like the main guy though. What a miscast! lolz I dont know why this drama takes so long to film. It's not like high action film. It took all of UEE activities away. It better be good!

• 3 weeks later...

are they shooting this? or it's already shelved by group8? :(

been waiting for this.. i wanna watch this coz of HanBi even if his character is minor..

aish~ group8 prioritized Changnanseureon Kiss but in the end they trimmed the # of eps..

hope they'll continue even if they only have 12 eps..

i wish~

Guest bless_u

^^

OMG thanks for the pics. UEE looks so cute. I dont like the main guy though. What a miscast! lolz I dont know why this drama takes so long to film. It's not like high action film. It took all of UEE activities away. It better be good!

Oh but you do you know that the main guy is hot but his hair is so ugly...

this is a photo of him with normal hair... he is freaken hot thats what make me

want to see this drama....

200910marieleeyongwooi.jpg

leeyongwoo12052009seoul.jpg

Guest antinh85

^^ lolz everybody has different taste. Even in those pictures you posted i dont find him that attrative. He has a hot body but facewise he's ok. I haven't seen much of his acting so i am not going to put too much hope into it.

I wish UEE or someone would give us a clear answer when they are going to air this drama or if they are going to throw it away. GEEz!

Guest bless_u

^ yeah it's true what you say but yeah he's handsome and sexy in his own way...

well see how this drama goes... I hope it'll air soon!

Guest kaedejun

IT FINALLY HAS AN AIRDATE!!!

Birdie Buddy finally gets an airdate

by javabeans | November 2, 2010 | 7 Comments

Finally, news of Group 8′s golf drama Birdie Buddy, which has been given a tentative airdate of March 2011, according to one representative from the production company on November 2.

And it’s about time! It’s not that I’ve been looking forward to this show — I haven’t — but it did seem to languish for an awfully long time in production limbo, with no apparent progress. In fact, one cast member left the production early on (Lee Mi-sook) because she’d signed on to another drama, Cinderella’s Sister — which has already aired and been done for months now.

Birdie Buddy was initially planning to premiere in June, but obviously that didn’t happen. Perhaps Group 8 was more fixated on putting all its eggs into its Playful Kiss basket, which seemed to get the lion’s share of the promotional budget. All that had been mentioned of Birdie Buddy was that it was continuing to film despite its lack of a timeslot.

It sounds like a bit of spin to frame this additional delay as a seasonal consideration, but I suppose it could be true; apparently it’s a detractor to air a golf series in winter, and therefore they’re pushing it off till spring. According to that same Group 8 rep, the drama will complete filming in late November or early December, making it a 100% pre-produced drama, albeit not by design. (Unfortunately, those pre-produced shows haven’t had a great track record. Some recent examples: Road No. 1, Friend Our Legend, Terroir.)

Not to be a total downer: Birdie Buddy has managed to attract enough interest to sell to seven foreign countries already. That’s a bit surprising, since there are no big “Hallyu”-level names in the cast and the subject matter isn’t very high-concept, but it’s a good thing for the production. Plus, it IS Group 8, who is big on the export angle.

Birdie Buddy attracted some early buzz for starring pop idol UEE; it’s her first leading role after she’d made her drama debut playing a bean pie antagonist in last year’s bubbly hit comedy You’re Beautiful. It also stars Style’s Lee Yong-woo, Legend’s Lee Da-hee, Gloria’s Oh Hyun-kyung, and child actress Jin Ji-hee (High Kick Through the Roof).

Via My Daily

from dramabeans

• 2 weeks later...

^ lol what?!

it's going to air next year????

that's a looooong time from now!!

i've been waiting for this drama, coz i really really like UEE! hehe :D

and i got curious too, coz the guy actually star in 2009 MAMA with 2NE1 in the musical "i don't care"...

i want to see UEE act again..

also, why did they make the guy look ugly??what's up with the long braided hair? it doesn't suit him.. -_-

they should have let him have short/clean cut, he looks better.

Archived