Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

On 4/2/2019 at 10:35 PM, willenette said:

*** Taec is fully deserving of this award. He's amazing and deserves the award. The fact that he gave up his US residency to enlist is already so amazing. I'm sure his parents raised him so well.  I wish him MORE success! God bless him. :P

April 3, 2019

Ok Taec-yeon Honored for Exemplary Service in Military

Ok Taec-yeon of K-pop boy band 2PM has been honored for his exemplary service while fulfilling his mandatory military duty.

He received a plaque of recognition at a ceremony in Seoul on Tuesday. He was praised for serving the military with dedication and diligence.

"I am very honored and grateful for this recognition, which I accept on behalf of many other soldiers," Ok said. "I have learned a lot during my time here. I will keep trying my best till I complete my military service."

2019040300926_0.jpg

Ok Taec-yeon (left) poses after receiving a plaque of recognition for exemplary service at a ceremony in Seoul on Tuesday.

In order to join the military and serve on active duty, Ok gave up his U.S. green card and underwent two back operations.

He started his 21-month service in the Army in September 2017 and is set to be discharged on May 16.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

Here is a snippet posted by the MMA

12 hours ago, willenette said:

Stars That Are Being Demobilized From the Military in 2019

[deleted unrelated]

photo1055484.jpg

Ok Taecyeon

Ok Taecyeon who is discharged on the 16th of May, entered the Baekma boot camp in Goyang, Gyeonggi-do and was transferred to an assistant in recognition of his excellent training. At that time, he was a permanent resident of the U.S. and had no obligation to serve in the military, but he chose to serve in the military by even performing a back-disk surgery.

He also showed off his impressive performance by wearing a warrior platform to demonstrate the "Future Combat Performance System of the Armed Forces" at the 70th Armed Forces Day on October 1st last year.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : moneys.mt.co.kr/news/...

Translation : Hancinema

I'm headed to Goyang!  Hope he stops for a bit as he exits the base.

• 3 weeks later...

***I I'm happy that he'll finally be discharged from the military tomorrow, May 16! This is the time I have been waiting for. I couldn’t be more excited. I'm happy to see him come back healthy.  I'm so proud of him that he has an outstanding conduct inside the camp throughout his discharge. :P

*** Great news this morning - Welcome back, Taec! Ye.................finally you're back! The wait is over!! He looks great. :P

Taecyeon Discharged From Military; Talks About Missing Fellow 2PM Members + Thanks Fans For Waiting

7d71794a0ba94e8097b600edf8c03099.jpeg?s=

2PM’s Taecyeon is back!

In the morning of May 16, Taecyeon was discharged from the military and his duties as a sergeant and active duty soldier.

The event took place in Ilsan in Gyeonggi Province, and Taecyeon said, “I couldn’t sleep that well. I was nervous. This is the first time

I’m standing in front of cameras in so long that I’m not sure what I look like right now.” He also added, “I heard the trumpet this morning as our alarm, so I still can’t believe I’ve been discharged. I think it will hit me tomorrow morning when I’m woken up by an alarm that isn’t a trumpet.”

2PM-Taecyeon-XPN.jpg

2PM-Taecyeon-XPN-2.jpg

He took a moment to thank all the fans who had shown up as he said, “First, I want to thank my fans for waiting for me. I didn’t know this many people would come today. I promise to return soon with something good.”

When Taecyeon was asked what he wanted to do most, he replied, “I want to see the other 2PM members.” He added, “Two of them are currently in the army, and I really miss the other members. I hope our loving members can gather soon and show everyone something great.”

He also thanked TWICE as he chose them as the girl group he missed the most, adding, “It’s been difficult to see them because of scheduling. But they still sent me a video. I’m grateful.”

Fellow 2PM member Chansung was there to greet him, and the two exchanged big smiles and warm greetings when they saw each other.

2PM-Taecyeon-Chansung-XPN.jpg

Taecyeon enlisted on September 4, 2017 and has now been discharged on May 16, 2019. He is set to pursue new activities as both a member of 2PM and as an actor. In July 2018, Taecyeon decided to part ways with JYP Entertainment and signed a contract with 51K, starting a new chapter in his life as both a singer and actor.

Welcome back Taecyeon!

Spoiler

2PM-Taecyeon-XPN-1.jpg

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, TheaN said:

Photos from his Japan Fan Club site.  Unfortunately the club is only open to Japan residents.

Hi TheaN, thanks for sharing the pictures. NICE. Taec looks so good here. I'm happy that the fans waited for his return. He's no longer under JYPE so, I hope his new agency will going to work on making sure he expands beyond Korea this time. :P

[V Report] 2PM’s Taecyeon thanks fans for waiting

Broadcast date: May 16-17
Starring: 2PM, EXID, Stray Kids, BTOB

Taecyeon of 2PM has completed his military duty and celebrated his return with a livestream on Naver’s V Live.

(Naver's V Live)

With a salute to his fans, he reported that he has officially been discharged.

“I couldn’t sleep very well last night since I was so excited. I have waited so much for today and was happy to hear the wakeup bugle call this morning,” the singer-actor said.

He went through a series of questions fans posted on his Instagram account.

Besides family members, Taecyeon’s first call was to the former commander of his battalion.

“He has been of great support and I have deep respect for him,” he said showing again why he has earned a nickname Captain Korea for his exemplary performance over the past 20 months.

The idol even gave up on his American green card to enter the service.

“When you are wearing your uniform there are certain rules so it was not easy for me to talk to you like this. I really am happy that I now can freely communicate with you,” he said, thanking the fans for being there for him.

Watch the full clip at https://www.vlive.tv/video/128943.

credit : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201905170902420472245_2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Taec, Nichkhun, and Jun.K went to send off Chansung to his military enlistment on June 11.  Rather than post all the Taec pics here, I am linking a video someone made.  Play it on high speed, though, it's very long.

He is sporting a few round bandages around his neck. Wonder what those are for???

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 1:02 AM, TheaN said:

Taec, Nichkhun, and Jun.K went to send off Chansung to his military enlistment on June 11.  Rather than post all the Taec pics here, I am linking a video someone made.  Play it on high speed, though, it's very long.

He is sporting a few round bandages around his neck. Wonder what those are for???

Hi TheaN, actually, bandages use is for covering wounds, applying pressure or controlling bleeding. It may be the 2nd one............ Or.....that may be "elastic bandages" that are used to reduce swelling. Thanks for sharing the video. :P

***  These people should be taught a lesson to put an end to what they're doing. Some people obviously have no respect for others. Supporting 2PM! I guess Taec really feel so bad also for his group to post this.  If you won't give them a lesson they will keep on doing it. If these people don't like 2PM they don't need to troll them. This is bullying & primarily cursing.  Fighting, Taec! Give them hell! I don't understand why there are people like this. ^_^

2PM’s Taecyeon Speaks Out Against Online Harassment Of Members

2cd17e621d664e7ebeaafa961e329b03.png?s=9

Taecyeon has posted to ask for fans’ help in preventing the bullying of 2PM members through messages online.

On July 3, Taecyeon posted on Twitter with several screenshots of messages that were sent to 2PM members via email or messenger. They include swearing as well as messages such as “I know your phone number and address!” One message about member Junho uses angry emoticons, tells him to go to the hospital, and then includes multiple signs for laughter. Another with Taecyeon’s name in the subject line asks why he has blocked the user when they were informing him about a danger, and it also includes signs for laughter and swearing.

Taecyeon writes, “Hyoro7741@gmail.com dddnnnmm59@gmail.com probably same person doing this sick and twisted stuff to not just me, but all of my members. If you have any information regarding this person(s) let me know. I am not going to let this crazy maniac bully us. 2pm needs your help Hottests!”

He added in a second tweet, “Lets stop this person from hurting my members.”

After enlisting in September 2017, Taecyeon was discharged from the military this May. In July 2018, Taecyeon moved to the agency 51K rather than renew his contract with JYP Entertainment, and he will continue to work as an actor as well as be an active member of 2PM.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

***Sue them for cyber bullying. ^_^

2PM's Taecyeon asks fans on Twitter for any information regarding harassing emails from sasaeng fans

taecyeon-2jpg.jpg

2PM's Taecyeon has had enough from this crazy sasaeng fan and he's asking his fans for help. 

On July 3, Taecyeon posted a tweet stating that he and his fellow members were receiving harassing messages from two email addresses. 

"I just warned you of danger haha why did you block me f****"

"Lee Jun Ho... you b****rd. Lee Jun Ho go to the hospital."

Fans have been expressing their support and sharing advice on Twitter. What do you think of this situation? 

source : allkpop

• Like 1

*** I assumed that this is coming from just one person. As far as I remember, this isn't the 1st time that happened to 2PM. Previously in 2014, there was one member who had also publicly called out two individuals who had been making inappropriate comments on his Twitter. ^_^

*** I'm happy about this good news. Finally................he's back on the small screen. I missed him! Can't wait! :P

2PM’s Taecyeon Confirmed To Star As Lead In New MBC Drama

59c8bbd5ef834b628fb2856e7c2988f5.jpeg?s=

2PM’s Taecyeon is returning to the small screen with MBC’s new drama, “The Game”!

On July 8, it was reported that Taecyeon will play main character Kim Tae Pyung in “The Game.”

“The Game” is a mystery melodrama about a man who can see death, a detective working on a mysterious murder case, and how the two uncover hidden secrets. Taecyeon’s character Kim Tae Pyung is a prophet who sees others’ deaths, but is placed in an unusual situation when he meets detective Joon Young, whose death is the only one he cannot see.

Following OCN’s “Save Me” in 2017, this is Taecyeon’s first drama in three years. In that same year, Taecyeon enlisted in the military and served for about 20 months until he was discharged last May.

“The Game” is the creation of PD Jang Jun Ho of dramas “Time” and “Begin Again,” and writer Lee Ji Hyo of “King of Dramas.” The drama plans to air after “People With Flaws,” in January 2020.

Watch Taecyeon in “Bring It On, Ghost” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 1

taecyeon to star in mbc thriller

201907081343770228_5d22cbe15357323719304

Taecyeon is confirmed to star in the MBC thriller, The Game, which is about a prophet and a detective who can foresee the moment of death of people. They get caught up in a serial murder case and using their abilities, they uncover the secret behind ths crime. The drama will air next January.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/07/08/taecyeon-to-star-in-mbc-thriller/

• Like 1

Ok Taecyeon to Come Back With "The Game: Towards the Final Hour"

photo1079880.jpg

Actor Ok Taecyeon is coming back with the new MBC drama "The Game: Towards the Final Hour".

"The Game: Towards the Final Hour" is about a prophet named Tae-pyeong who sees the moment right before death and a homicide detective named Joon-yeong getting embroiled in a mysterious series of murders.

"The Game: Towards the Final Hour" is coming in January next year and Ok Taecyeon has been cast for a lead role. He was discharged from the military in May this year and chose "The Game: Towards the Final Hour" as his comeback in the role of Kim Tae-pyeong, the prophet.

Ok Taecyeon's character doesn't fall into despair about his fate of being able to see other people's deaths, but considers it a special talent.

"The Game: Towards the Final Hour" is directed by Jang Joon-ho and written by Lee Ji-hyo.

Source : /news.nate.com/view/2...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

July 9, 2019

A-listers return to small screen after completing military service

SEOUL, July 9 (Yonhap) -- A number of A-list actors are on their way back to the small screen to resume their rule of the show business world, having finished their mandatory military duty.

From early on, the year 2019 has seen a succession of young actors with massive selling power completing their mandatory national defense service of around two years.

In South Korea, all able-bodied men are obliged to serve in the Army or other services for about two years as the country is technically at war with North Korea.

This military service sometimes puts a brake on the high-flying careers of actors and K-pop artists, but evasion could lead to a massive public outcry, ruining their entertainment career.

Im Si-wan and Ok Taec-yeon, discharged from military duty in March and May, respectively, have also chosen the acting projects with which they will resurrect their highly celebrated careers.

Having debuted as a member of K-pop boy band 2PM, Ok expanded this career to acting and moved from the music-focused JYP Entertainment to 51K, a talent agency for actors, in 2018. Ok will return to the public eye with a leading role in a suspense drama series, "The Game," which will hit the small screen in January.

Experts said the return of top-rate actors in droves may help revive the global popularity of Korean TV dramas, especially in China, which is slowly lifting its boycott of Korean TV content following a diplomatic row with South Korea over the deployment of the U.S. air defense system Terminal High Altitude Area Defense in South Korea.

"The absence of such star actors has indeed caused a vacuum in show business," popular culture critic Ha Jae-keun said.

"With their return, hallyu (the Korean Wave) may have another heyday, combined with the return of the Chinese audience," he said.

pbr@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 1

*** This is NICE. Celebrities are also human & they deserve their privacy. I feel sorry for Taec for having such crazy stalkers... They suck! Poor him! Why is he being harassed all the time? Fight till the end.... :P

2PM’s Taecyeon Launches His Own Instagram After Stalker Makes Fake Accounts

63232389b9d24acb80f2108e04df7068.jpeg?s=

2PM’s Taecyeon has started his own Instagram account!

On July 9, Taecyeon opened his Instagram named @taecyeonokay, which appears to be a play on his full name Ok Taecyeon.

He shared a photo of himself from a trip to the island of Udo with the caption, “Welcome to my instagram!”

He explained in his bio that after a stalker had repeatedly made accounts using his email address, he decided to make a real account for himself.

taecyeon.png

Taecyeon recently spoke out on social media about the recurring online harassment of 2PM members.

credit : soompi news

2PM's Taecyeon opens his personal Instagram due to 'stalker's fake accounts

20190709-taecyeonjpg.jpg

2PM's Taecyeon opened his personal Instagram due to fake accounts.

On July 9, Taecyeon posted the below Instagram account on his official Twitter with the message, "Welcome to my Instagram!" He explained on his page, "So the stalker kept making Instagram account with my email address. I've decided to make a real Instagram account."

This comes after his Twitter post on July 3 asking fans to help him find someone who's been harassing him and his fellow 2PM members online.

Check out Taecyeon's Instagram account below.

source : allkpop