Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

Taecyeon, Im Si Wan, Hwang Kwanghee, and Beenzino are among the soldiers who will participate in Pyeongchang Olympics activities.  Dates and specific activities have not been disclosed.  Mentioned were flag raising,  awards ceremonies and cultural performances.

Source (in Korean): bit.ly/2CmRSpw 

DSl6sWKW4AEoo1c_zpskccafdea.jpg?t=151632

On 1/20/2018 at 8:49 AM, TheaN said:

Taecyeon, Im Si Wan, Hwang Kwanghee, and Beenzino are among the soldiers who will participate in Pyeongchang Olympics activities.  Dates and specific activities have not been disclosed.  Mentioned were flag raising,  awards ceremonies and cultural performances.

Source (in Korean): bit.ly/2CmRSpw 

DSl6sWKW4AEoo1c_zpskccafdea.jpg?t=151632

Hi TheaN, thanks for sharing this. I hope we could get to see MORE pictures/videos on this event soon. :lol:

On 1/20/2018 at 8:49 AM, TheaN said:
On 1/20/2018 at 3:02 AM, TheaN said:

Taec appeared on the cover of Military Manpower Administration Magazine Vol 91.  Here is a translation provided by "Taecyeon Today" on twitter.

The green epaulets indicate that he is a squad leader.  

*** Also, thanks for sharing this. NICE. :lol:

*** They will all have to go to military before they reach 30 years old, anyway. Taec was always & has been that manly. I guess he’s referring that Taec didn’t cry at all or misty-eyed. :lol:

Junho discusses how it felt to watch Taecyeon going off to the military

Taecyeon-Junho.jpg

2PM's Junho recently held an interview after successfully wrapping up his JTBC drama 'Just Between Lovers'.

On the topic of mandatory military enlistment, Junho said, "The hyungs are in the stages of enlisting, slowly. We plan on going one by one. I'm not set on a specific time [to enlist] but I think it will have to be soon. I don't know if it'll be next year or later, but I'm preparing little by little." 

Junho also talked about Taecyeon, who was the first 2PM member to enlist.  He said, "He was the first one of us, so we all went and sent him off. I witnessed a kind of manliness you can't normally witness. He looked cool, and I thought, 'Was this hyung always this manly?'" 

He also added, "I wanted him to come back safely. When the staff members each bid him farewell, he started joking that he wasn't going to come back, and that pulled my heartstrings. I do miss him, since I've seen him for 10 years but I don't get to see him now for 2. I wasn't able to go visit him before because of filming, but I plan on going this month." 

What do you think 2PM will be like as soldiers?

source : allkpop

• Like 2

*** Ahhh............NICE - & best news today so far because I miss seeing them all together. I'm really excited & super joy to see 2PM can perform together again.    I wonder if when they're performing, though.... I wish it will be on the opening ceremony, which is on the 9th. Although, I have a feeling that it will be on the finale'..... :lol:

Taecyeon To Join 2PM For Performance As Full Group At Pyeongchang Winter Olympics

2PM.jpg

2PM will be performing as a full group for the first time since Taecyeon’s enlistment at the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics!

On February 3, Wooyoung confirmed that Taecyeon would be joining 2PM for their performance at the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Headliner Show.

“Together with Taecyeon, who is currently serving in the military, we have received a great opportunity as it is a national event,” remarked Wooyoung. “Thank you for giving us this opportunity [to perform]. In the spirit of cheering on the athletes who are participating in the Olympics, we, along with Taecyeon, will put on a great performance.”

2PM’s performance at the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Headliner Show, which will take place on February 19, will also be their first since the members’ recent renewal of their contracts with JYP Entertainment.

“As it turns out, we will all be staying together as 2PM forever,” commented Jun.K. “We were able to stick together up until now because each of us had trust in one another.”

He added, “We are grateful to our fans.”

Are you excited to see 2PM reunite as a full group? Leave your thoughts below!

Source (1) / soompi news

*** Finally…………….I’ve done watching his last drama, “Save Me” - Taecyeon’s final project before his mandatory army enlistment. Whew! That was one wild ride! “Save Me” is a welcome departure from all the usual Korean dramas about time travel, immortal boyfriends, arrogant rich guys and women looking for revenge. Just like past dramas on the OCN channel, “Save Me” felt more like a movie than your regular Korean drama because of the cinematography.  I remember Taecyeon mentioned in an interview that this drama has a huge cast that is almost like epic sageuk proportions. The drama also has many new young faces that I’m seeing for the first time. Like Seo Ye Ji, she was fantastic as Im Sang Mi. She is the definition of a strong and brave woman here. I have to say, this drama made me seriously uncomfortable! Not in a bad way so to speak, but because of how incredibly disturbing the cult is. While this may be a realistic portrayal of cults, all these amounted to a rather stressful watch that was mentally draining. Although every episode begins with a disclaimer that the religion portrayed in the drama is a fictitious one, there is no denying that the cult is based heavily on Christianity. This is a thriller genre that’s almost like a horror movie. The drama really set the dark and creepy tone from the first moment and continued it throughout. I was particularly moved by the subtle yet powerful moments between Sang Mi and Sang Hwan when she asked to be saved. It was heartbreaking watching a family be torned apart and destroyed by the cult. Sang Mi’s family becomes completely integrated into the cult leaving her with nowhere to go. The amount of control the cult had over its members was very sad. Those who do break the rules are punished so severely. It’s scary to see what this sort of mind manipulation can do to people. One thing in particular that I really enjoyed was that a group of normal guys was able to come together to do the right thing and help Sang Mi against all odds. It’s very heartening to see them bond together and work as team. “Save Me” was a truly fantastic drama. :lol:

• Like 1

Taec's schedule at the Olympics:

Feb 14: Feast of the world music show MC

Gangneung Art Centre Saimdang hall

7:30-9:30

Feb 15: Musical Gala show MC

Feb 19: Olympic Headliner show w/ 2PM

[interesting tidbit Taec was scheduled to appear alone as part of his Olympic assignment.  The other 2PM members jumped at the opportunity to join him and appear as a full group. source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003211379]

*The schedules on the 22-23rd will be confirmed on Feb 12*

Feb 22: Culture ICT special docent

Feb 23: Culture ICT special docent

He may also appear with his fellow soldiers from the 9th division at the opening ceremony.

Sources: Twitter @Taecyeon_Todaynaver.me/xm5NhMog , JYPE 2PM schedule

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheaN said:

[interesting tidbit (unverified) Taec was scheduled to appear alone as part of his Olympic assignment.  The other 2PM members jumped at the opportunity to join him and appear as a full group.]

He may also appear with his fellow soldiers from the 9th division at the opening ceremony.

Hi TheaN, thanks for sharing this. So, Taecyeon will be emceeing concerts at the Gangneung Art Center on February 14 and 15. Ye, along with Im Si Wan & other fellow 9th Armed Forces Division soldiers, they will also be taking part in the opening ceremony of a cultural performance while wearing various animal masks. Taecyeon will also join 2PM members at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics Headliner show. So awesome I can see him during this event. :lol:

• Like 1

*** This is COOL news! A real bonding this time for them. I can't wait to see this. :lol: I'm happy that Taec is set to participate in the  event for the '2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics'. He is serving as an instructor at the 9th Division White Horse Training Facility right now. 

All six 2PM members (including Taecyeon) to perform at the Pyeongchang Olympics 'Headliner Show'

2PM.jpg

All of the members of 2PM will be coming together again.

The group will be performing at the 'Headliner Show' at the Pyeongchang Medal Plaza. Originally, only Taecyeon, who is enlisted, was called to perform at the national event. However, when the rest of 2PM heard the news, they all decided to join Taecyeon as well. The other 5 members will not be receiving any pay for their appearance and performance at the show.

SEE ALSO: 2PM officially appointed with director roles at JYP Entertainment

The boys said, "We're thankful to hae the chance to perform with Taecyeon at a large national event. We'll put on a great stage to support the athletes participating at the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics."

The show will take place on the 19th.

• Like 1

*** I hope to those who haven't watched his last drama , "Save me" yet, please do so - it's a good series. “Save Me” plays up the bad qualities of people. Also, what the show tackles is the silence of sexual harassment victims. Although, there is no outright genital touching or nudity shown onscreen. “Save Me” is very intriguing and dark — I’m happy that this drama has ended its impressive run. I’m impressed by the unique story's non-stop intensity. And I'm glad that Taec was part of this drama. :lol:

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 5:19 AM, TheaN said:

[interesting tidbit Taec was scheduled to appear alone as part of his Olympic assignment.  The other 2PM members jumped at the opportunity to join him and appear as a full group. source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003211379]

2 MC appearances added to Taec's schedule

Feb 11:  Live Site Kpop concert: The line-up includes YB, Heize, WJSN, EXID, and Teen Top

a blip on twitter of rehearsal:

[TRANS} For me it was my first time at the Olympic Games and I am so excited that I can introduce this place and my heart is about to burst now   Can you feel my heartbeat?  yeah...]

olympi%20mc-8_zpspec5l6s2.jpg

Feb 17:  Live Site Kpop concert

• Like 1

*** Taec on the 19th ranking..... :lol:

Who are the top 35 male idols with the most songs copyrighted under their name?

It's no surprise that G-Dragon tops the list of male idols with the most copyrights under his name.

A fan compiled the list of male idols with the most copyrights under his name according to the Korea Music Copyright Association. This means an idol has either composed, produced, and/or written lyrics for the song.

You can check out the list below.

Big-Bang_G-Dragon_1518483373_1.jpg

• Like 1

Language Masters: Multilingual K-pop Idols

K-pop idols are so talented when it comes to dancing and singing but they're also talented in many other areas. Not only do they spend years training, practicing, composing, dancing, performing, but they are also spending so many years learning. One important thing they learn is languages. Here are some amazing idols that are fluent in multiple languages.

8. Taecyeon

Taecyeon immigrated to America when he was in elementary school which resulted in him being able to speak English, Korean, Spanish, and Chinese very well. When he came to be an idol he started learning Japanese to connect with those fans as the group is quite popular in Japan. He even wrote lyrics in Spanish for "Traicion."

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 2