[Drama 2010] The Good Day When the Wind Blows 바람 불어 좋은날

Guest yeohweping

yes some BUTT KICKING ACTION is due!! Still waiting for the PD to due more damage to his prize, MR. For the last ep, it's too flakey to assume that MR will make a 180 degree turn; yet how did the IQ get pregnant? anything is possible..... Hope for tomorrow, but will be sad when it's all over. :tears:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think OB will say something like 'I understand why you had to do all those bad deeds'. MR will be touched by OB's heart of gold and show repentence. Isn't that the normal ending for villians in Korean dramas? Unlike Hong Kong dramas, Korean drama villians only need to say 'I'm Sorry' for their sins to be whitewashed. I really don't find those endings satisfying.

uwaah can someone translate the preview!? From what I understood someone's going abroad but who? and also, does it say that MR asks Doklip to live with her again? D:

oh mah gaah it's over...tomorrow...it's really over...all that heartache and sky rocketing blood pressure...all the screaming and hair pulling...it's really almost over D: I can't believe it...huh....somehow, i think i'll miss this drama...sans all the MR junk it was cute :) and i'm kinda sad it's over, but at the same time glad. it's been going on for far too long...HanBok couple, annyeong~!

I think Miran should do more than  just  apologising. She caused so much sadness to a person who did a lot for her son. More than  an " I'm sorry", she should respect DH's decision to stay away from Doklip until he is old enough to understand. I feel for her but her approach was more for herself, self-serving  than for the good of Doklip who became more confused than accepting. This drama gives us lessons about empathy & self-sacrifice. Obok tried to put herself in Miran's situation, the reason why she had to give up ... but her decision to leave DH & DK were based on  false information aggravated by her lack of trust in her husband ... communication is severely lacking in their marriage. DH & OB stay under one roof, but they barely talk openly about serious issues. DH wanted to protect OB so he kept secrets. OB thought she'll be doing a big favor to DH & DK if Miran comes in to complete their family. It was a huge mistake for DH to believe MR and OB  to be gullible in giving credence to her dad's words when she already knew he can't be trusted. 

Preview of Ep 173 - Printed Text (released at 10:30am KST)

오복은 미란을 찾아가 진정으로 독립을 위하는 게 뭔지 잘 생각해보라고 충고하고 자신은 독립을 위해서라면 지금 당장이라도 떠날 수 있다 말하는데... 미란은 심난한 마음으로 독립을 찾아가고 독립은 미란에게 다시 오복과 살게 해달라고 부탁하는데...

미란은 고심 끝에 오복에게 만나자는 연락을 하고.. 그 자리에서 독립을 잘 부탁한다 말하고..

대한은 오복에게서 미란이 떠난다는 말을 전해 듣고 심경이 착잡해지는데...

- KBS

Five Big Blessings go to the erosion of care for truly independent advice about what I think about it, and for the sake of their independence are now speaking out now can not leave ... Erosion of the independence of mind and regained independence simnanhan back to the Five Big Blessings erosion and to ask him to live ...

Erosion at the end of the struggle to connect and meet him to Five Big Blessings .. In place to favor independence, says ..

Five Big Blessings from the erosion of leaving a lot on the revocation of heart to hear that, but .............

- Google Translator (for Korean Text)

OB advises MR to consider what course of action would truly be best for DN, saying that she herself would leave immediately if that was the best thing for DN. MR goes to see DN who asks her to let him live with OB again. With difficulty, MR calls OB to set up a meeting, at which she tells OB to take care of DN for her. DH hears from OB that MR is leaving, and this news leaves him in a confused state of mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Screen-caps of Ep 173

from Korean Media News

201010012100121.jpg

201010020429371001_1.jpg

Ratings for Ep 173

TNS – % (#_ Nationwide) / % (#_ Seoul)

AGB – 26.0% (#1 Nationwide) / 25.4% (#1 Seoul)

Sketchy Recap for Ep 173 (Version 1)

Disclaimer Note #1 applies

MAJOR GUESSING THROUGHOUT

OB enters MR's room . . after mentioning the issue about "promising to leave", think OB mentioned about her own past without her mother . . OB also asks MR to reflect on her relationship with DN

Not sure if OB told her KLM not to worry about the money as she has settled with CHJ?

MR is thinking and she has a flashback of the last time she saw DN at school and what he had said to her.

Jang Family at breakfast, besides talking about other stuff, YSH gives out a sigh and GMa announces that there's good news in the family - that MS is pregnant.

At the shop, the Reporter(?) had just completed conducting the interview (guessing) . . Both husbands seem to be gloating over their own wives. In the kitchen, SJun & MS are concern about OB & DH.

Think KC asks OB if she has decided on going and she says she doesn't know. OB asks what about him, believe KC mentioned something about his ranch (so my guess is he is going back home??). KC probably went on to tell her about DH loves her etc. OB mentions her meeting with MR regarding DN and tells him about her concerns for DN (guessing).

MR visits DN at school and wants to have a talk with him. DN might have said something like, be quick say what you have to say . . MR probably asks him what he wants . . . Think DN went into extensive details why he likes/loves OB as his Omma, and that he wants to be able to live together with OB & DH. MR probably asks him of what he thinks of her, and DN still tells her to go back to USA. DN even pleads with her to go so that OB can be his Omma and that he can live with her.

Surprise Birthday Party held for KH - SJi / MG / PHW and her in-laws are there to celebrate with her. MG hands her an envelope (but don't know what it is suppose to be for)

Back with the family, MG happens to ask DH about OB and DH seems to still be a bit uncertain in his expression.

MR comes home and Mrs Choi asks her where she has been. MR just mentions about her visit to DN's school and goes to her room. In her room, MR continues to think about DN, recalls the accident scene and OB saving DN followed by what OB had mentioned to her (in the opening scene)

At GD, KLM enters CHJ's office with an envelope of money (for the remaining amount) and insist that he count to make sure that amount is correct. CHJ says there isn't any need (think he may have said "like what I told DH, it was all a misunderstanding"). KLM ignores him and walks off.

MR is at the cafe with OB. Think MR told OB what DN really wants. She eventually tells OB to take good care of DN and be with DH . . OB probably hesitated and MR pleads with her . . .

MR returns to her room and cries. She goes to the living room and tells her parents that she is going back to USA. CHJ mentions DH, not sure if he thot she is going back because DH said something to her. Anyway, CHJ tries to persuade her to change her mind but MR says her mind is made up.

DN enters DH's room asking why he is not going to visit OB then pesters DH to call OB. OB is still walking in the park, after her talk with MR, she picks up DH's call. Not sure if she asks DH if he had heard anything from MR but she does tell him of her meeting with MR.

KLM and KC are at OB's and I think KLM tells KC not to worry about it, then OB returns. They noticed OB's face asks her what happened. OB tells KLM that MR is going back to USA.

DH tells his parents that he heard from OB that MR is going back to USA.

(at this point there is only 15 mins left to the end of the show)

MR takes a look at the photo-album of her dating & preggy pics, then completes her packing. As she is about to go off, she is very sad about leaving, hugs her father and apologises to him. Then tells her mom not to worry about her and to take care. She leaves for the airport alone.

MR is waiting for her flight (alone at the airport), as MR gets up and is making her way to the departure gate, DH calls out to her (he is alone) . . he tells her something and MR apologies to him, then after a while, he turns to the side and we see OB & DN approaching. OB kneels down to DN and coax him not to hate MR, then they both continue to walk towards MR. MR tells DN that she is going to USA, then hugs him. MR tells OB to take care of DN (on her behalf?), then she takes one last look at DH before turning to go in . . . as MR is walking way, DN is having a last-min thought in his head then he calls out "Annyeong omma". MR can't believe what she has just heard, smiles that goes off. Then DN tells his parents let's go home . . .

All three of them enter the living room, with DN yelling "Omma's here!" and DH's parents asks if MR had already taken off. After some chit-chat, MG teases OB calling her a bad person. DN tells her not to leave ever again (guessing) Later on DH & OB enter their own bedroom and OB probably mentioned how she missed being in this room etc . . DH "rough handled" OB and gives her a hug thanking her then he twirls several rounds yelling out in happiness (btw our naughty devil is peeping thru their bedroom door and smiling away . . then closes the door). DH give OB a light kiss, telling her not to ever go away again and in return OB kisses him back, saying OK, then they look into each others' eyes.

then DH give her a kiss followed by OB kissing him back(both thanking each other) then DH hugs her and lifts her up and turning a full circle

Scene of KH at the Gallery event.

At the Kang's, IQ is being hesitant about going to the event, bcos of her condition and she finds out that MS' family already know about it, which makes it even more embarrassing for her.

(at this point there is only 7 mins left to the end of the show)

Jang family members are waiting in the courtyard all ready to proceed to the Gallery together and they all call out to HanBok to hurry up . . . before all of them go off together KLM manages to join them too.

Everyone has gathered at the Gallery, even JS manages to come . . . Mr Seo congratulated OB on the success of her book. GMa upon seeing IQ's face thinks she is going to have daughter . . Mr Kang is overjoyed of course. MG is admiring the finished product of the painting that KH had done during the trip that they went too. KH comes by and MG mentions something and I guess as a gesture of appreciation to MG for his care and concern, she is giving him the picture (guessing). Next we have DH and OB standing in front of another picture and appreciating it . . (guessing) DH mentions something, probably connected to wanting OB to realise her dream since he recalls how successful she was at WB etc. Then he starts speaking in his "joking" cartoonish voice teasing her . . Our Dear DN had to intercept telling them that they need to join the others for photo-taking(?) and you all remember DH's expression at being interrupted when he wants quality time with his dear sweet wifey.

Outside scene (as in the photos below), MG is adjusting the camera for the group photo . . . as the picture is about to be taken, suddenly OB gives out a *************** and EVERYONE TURNS TOWARDS HER DIRECTION . . .

END OF SERIES

EDIT - Take note of JYH & KJS "exchanging" glances with each other at 31st minute . . . LOL!!!

Credits : dcInside-nate-naver / re-upload : tiki_sg

Please do not hotlink

2010-09-29 BTS [Gallery in honour of KH's Artwork]

photo225.jpg

2010-09-29 Group Photos

20100929bts1.jpg

20100929bts2.jpg

20100929bts3.jpg

20100929bts4.jpg

20100929bts5.jpg

20100929bts6.jpg

20100929bts7.jpg

finally! i cant believe that this drama finally coming to an end ;___;

i would like to see more soeun as obok though kekeke

thanks for all the recap of every episodes! i really appreciate it!

because i watched it on kbsworld, and it's a bit late, so thanks for the recap hohoo

i hope the ending will make everybody happy :D

Guest pharry

Tears in my eyes....i enjoyed this drama Long live HANBOK! anneyoung!

Does anybody know what the next drama after Happiness in the wind???? I am ready for the next ride...

It was nice watching this drama with you all especially tiki_sg. Hopefully I'd see more familiar names on our next bus whatever that drama may be. Bye everyone this is my official last posting on the thread.

Cherrios!

Guest scarecrow

MR got her wish to be called "Omma." DH & OB are back in each other's arms (i just wish they would have given us more DH & OB scene before it ended)...finally...the series ended on a happy note!!! All was PATIENTLY waiting for this moment and some that wished OB get pregnant got their wish too. :) Oooops, sorry.

It was nice watching this drama with you all and thanks for sharing your insights, thanks to tiki_sg for her all hardwork and for sharing it with all of us *cheers!!!* :D

Guest lucky_moon

Thanks everyone for contributing with summaries, translation, links, etc specially tiki_sg We enjoyed the drama thought it was draggy but well in the end we got to see a happy ending, OB symptoms of pregnancy wasn't a bad ending.

*sigh* after all that, it's finally over. on the plus side, it was really cute :) I would have liked to see a time jump, with babies running around everywhere. that would have been so cute. i won't spoil the ending for anyone, because that's no fun. with that being said, i guess this is my last post in this thread :) it's kinda bittersweet XP

well, guy and gals, it's been a blast. thank you for putting up with my insane rants ;D i'll see y'all around in other threads i'm sure, so until then, take care~! ANNYEONG~!! *waves*

And to our Hanbok couple, may your love and your "Happily Ever After" last for a long, long time to come. And to Doklip, be a good boy for your parents (you sneaky little devil you XD) Hanbok couple, Doklip, and *******************, HWAITING!! Annyeong~!!

well...that's it. bye everyone~ be healthy~!! annyeong~!

Guest minioligo

Awww just finished watching...what a cute drama. Can't stop "aww"-ing. LOL. When OB & DH were in the room together I was like "FINALLY!!" XD

Tehehe @ the last scene :D Finally they get to live "happily". Hooraaaay!!

Thanks again tiki for all your hard work :)

Guest chello

Probably my last post in this thread too. I guess the

Hanbok moments in the finale were worth all the wait, though i still think MR got off way easy. Not sure if she was actually remorseful on her part for what she had (despite her words), or maybe the acting just wasn't convincing enough. Ah well.

It was still worth all the pain over the last 70 episodes or so.

Just a quick shout out to everyone who made the ride bearable during those trying, angsty times, and enjoyable when it mattered the most. As always major thanks to tiki_sg for all her hard work but even more than that for her willingness to share her discoveries and translations with everyone here. It wouldn't have been half as exciting if not for you.

Take care all.

Guest nursey92

Thanks to all!  This was my first drama ever on the soompi forum, and you all, with your funny, angry, serious, happy and thoughtful comments, made it a wonderful experience for me!  I look forward to sharing another drama in the future!  Special thanks to tiki_sg---you're the bestest!  Your recaps helped me tremendously!  And thanks to you all who contributed spoilers and translations!

I'm glad the drama ended happily, even though I wish there was more of DH and OB too!  Overall this has been the best LONG kdrama that I've seen, and I'm glad I didn't throw in towel, as I wanted to do on a few occasions!  Hope to hear from you all again!

Take care and Koemoewaiyo! :D

Guest scarecrow

I just finished watching the final episode (again) and I noticed OB's shoes...OB's wearing a black high-heeled pump shoes in the scene where everyone gathered in the courtyard to go to the exhibit, then when they all arrived to the exhibit, she was wearing a different one.

Whoever is in-charge of the scene continuity...forgot to use the same shoes. :D

Does anybody know what the next drama after Happiness in the wind???? I am ready for the next ride...

Doubt I'll be as fervent over at Smile DongHae . . . at least 3 "main" cast-members from recently ended Weekend series . . . (2 from 3 Brothers and 1 from Sons of Sol Pharmacy)

BTW, Ratings for E173 didn't manage to pass the 30% mark, according to AGB Nielsen. The highest (percentage) rated episode is E172.

aww i love how they end dramas like this with a family gathering. i've been a lurker for so long, and have been watching this RAW - i mostly relied on your summaries.

Thank you all that contributed. You guys are really loyal to this drama. i wish i had been more vocal here.

although the ending seemed to be just like YAMD...where Yoona gave the impression that she's expecting - i like nonetheless.

As expected DH & OB reconciled. I also wished there were more romantic moments between them but the writer opted to leave those to the viewers' imagination ... it even seemed like Miran had more air time than DH & OB in the final episode. For whatever reason, I give the PD the benefit of the doubt, but leaves much to be desired. Those scenes about OB & MR meeting up to discuss about DN & her crying scenes could have been shortened & done in 172, so we'd have more scenes on DH & OB's reunion.:sweatingbullets: Siggggh!

A trophy goes to tiki_sg for a job well done. Thanks for all the effort, for the time, lack of sleep included & for the resourcefulness you've devoted to this thread. You made the drama more interesting & more entertaining with your translations.

Thanks to all others who made our exchanges exciting. Despite the loopholes,:(  the drama was worth watching. :D

Annyeong for now ... let's meet again in the next drama, hopefully one that's as heartwarming as Hapiness in the Wind. :lol: 

Guest bee_lover

FINALLY.

i didnt really like the ending. well, i want more of hanbok moments. we have been served with a LOT of angst and misunderstanding between them, so i expect a lot more. but the happy ending is good enuf. if only they cut the episodes to just 140, eliminating the draggy misunderstanding plot, this drama would be great. the first half episodes of this drama is the best parts. i keep following the rest just because of KSE.

thanx to you all who keep contributing and keep me in the track bout what's going on when i wasnt brave enuf to see the angst. and of course, i need to say special thanks to tiki. you're just awesome. i see people coming and leaving this thread, cant bear with the draggy plot but still curious bout it (that's including me). but you stick with the drama and providing us spoiler, recap, and all. THANK YOU!!!

well see you all in other KSE projects.

As always major thanks to tiki_sg for all her hard work but even more than that for her willingness to share her discoveries and translations with everyone here. It wouldn't have been half as exciting if not for you.

I am sure of all those who are here, you would know best why I "killed" myself doing it . . . . hehehehe

A trophy goes to tiki_sg for a job well done. Thanks for all the effort, for the time, lack of sleep included & for the resourcefulness you've devoted to this thread. You made the drama more interesting & more entertaining with your translations.

Special thanks to tiki_sg---you're the bestest! Your recaps helped me tremendously!

Overall this has been the best LONG kdrama that I've seen, and I'm glad I didn't throw in towel, as I wanted to do on a few occasions!

i didnt really like the ending. well, i want more of hanbok moments ..... the first half episodes of this drama is the best parts.

thanx to you all who keep contributing and keep me in the track bout what's going on when i wasnt brave enuf to see the angst. and of course, i need to say special thanks to tiki. you're just awesome. i see people coming and leaving this thread, cant bear with the draggy plot but still curious bout it (that's including me). but you stick with the drama and providing us spoiler, recap, and all. THANK YOU!!!

Hi bee_lover

Like you, I still feel cheated, despite the happy ending. Even in the last episode, too much time was spent on tying up loose ends, up to the last ten mins (note my "count-down" even in my recap) . . . :rolleyes: . . did we really really have to spend time on that surprise birthday party??? hmmmmmmm!!!!!!

But I can't help re-watching the early episodes over and over again bcos of the AWESOME CHEMISTRY of JYH & KSE. Probably the writer felt that we had already been served with the good moments in the beginning so that was sufficient . . . . BUT WE REALLY CAN'T HELP WITH WANTING EVEN MORE OF THOSE . . .

As for my perseverance . . . well, I am just glad that my purpose has been met . . . though it was a very trying time for me on several times, especially during the episodes from 90+ to 130+ (wanting to just stop doing the recaps and updates etc) . . . then after that it was just routine, though I've lost plenty of sleep and grown more grey hair than any of you will ever know . . . . kekekeke

Archived