[Drama 2010] The Good Day When the Wind Blows 바람 불어 좋은날

Guest yeohweping

after the accident at the end of ep 168, there would be only one week left before this drama ends, right? which logically means that nothing drastic can really happen...but if the PD decides on an ambiguous ending or if he's sadistic enough to give a horrible ending, then i guess anything can happen.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preview of Ep 164 - Printed Text

기철은 오복에게 유학을 권유하고 오복이 원한다면 같이 가겠다 말하고, 오복은 기철의 말에 심각하게 유학문제를 고민하는데...

독립은 또 다시 오복을 찾아가지만 오복은 독립에게 외국을 갔다 잠시 들어온 거라며 거짓말을 하는데...

오복은 독립을 집으로 데려다주다가 식구들을 만나고 앞으로 미란이가 독립을 데리고 살 거라는 얘기를 듣고 절망에 빠진다.

한편 끝순은 독립이를 미란의 집에서 하룻밤 재우자는 얘기를 꺼내고 대한은 그러기로 결심하는데..

- KBS

Five Big Blessings and encourage the study and to R. Five Big Blessings will come together to say that if you want, at the end of the Five Big Blessings R. seriously studying the problem to worry ...

Five Big Blessings go and stand once again, but went abroad, while the Five Big Blessings came to the stand told me to lie ...

I'd drive home and the independence of the Five Big Blessings to meet the family, the future erosion of the independence-year-old would hear about him falls into despair.

Meanwhile, this erosion of independence at home overnight kkeutsuneun sleep and remove the story is about to decide to do so ................

- Google Translator (for Korean Text)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Screen-caps of Ep 164

from Korean Media News

201009210627481001_1.jpg

201009210635001001_1.jpg

Ratings for Ep 164

TNS – 19.7% (#3 Nationwide) / 17.3% (#4 Seoul)

AGB – 22.0% (#2 Nationwide) / 21.6% (#2 Seoul)

Full Recap for Ep 164 (REVISED)

Disclaimer Note #3 : Subject to translating with poor Mandarin vocabulary

KC suggests that with her skills, she can get a scholarship to study in USA or France, that this would be a good opportunity for a fresh start. KC says in the past he had hopes of furthering his studies, if she is going . . he will go too[.

YSH & JN discuss Mr Choi's suggestion wrt sending DN over to their home.

YSH - this is a hard decision to make.

JN - didn't you consider that thot earlier on?

YSH - Back then it was in consideration of getting DH & OB back together.

JN - Since DN constantly has OB in his thots, this may be the only possible solution. If DN continues on in this manner, don't know what will happen to him.

YSH - Though DH & OB has filed for a divorce, but there is still time. The possibility of starting over & getting back together is still there. I'm saying though I am a little disappointed in her for the way she has forgotten us, I just have a feeling that OB will still come back.

JN - A few days ago you witnessed for yourself that they have given up, don't hope any further and set yourself up for further disappointment. (then changes subject to MG - why at this late hour he is not home yet, cos he had intended to speak to MG about the marriage, wonders where he is at)

KH is 'lecturing' MG in her apt, for being persistently stubborn. MG promises to, like in the past, be by her side, and tells her that as long as she does not leave, he is satisfied. KH tells him to think for his parents' sake, KH doesn't want MG to become a disobedient son. MG replies that he has a lot more time (in future) to respect his parents. No matter what she says, he will not listen to her (goes on to talk about combining partial hospital treatment with TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) treatment [not sure about the Ch terminology used]??? for best results.) KH refuses saying she does not want to waste her time left on useless hopes. She tells him she can plan all these herself and that he is to to bother about her. MG still refuses to listen to her plea and tells her no matter what, he wants to be with her.

MG comes home, DH asks him if he had been at work, and MG lies saying yes. DH asks "Aren't you and SJi working together? Seems like yesterday she was here waiting for your return the whole time." MG pretends that he had something to do. GMa summons MG, together with DH, into the living room.

YSH says let's start the family meeting. GMa wonders if MG hasn't been eating well cos he doesn't look well. GMa seems to imply that getting married will "solve" his problems (as in being taken care of, I guess).

JN - recently everyone has made mention of it, listen to GMa. We also feel that things would get better once you get married to SJi. Previously you said you will consider marrying SJi . . . with the situation as it is right now, just quickly get married.

GMa - seems SJi doesn't have any relatives, so we don't need to hold a formal meeting of in-laws and just hold a simple wedding ceremony.

YSH - yes, it's not as though we don't know SJi's circumstances, don't have to prepare much for the dowry either. Just renovate/re-upholster your room, after the wedding.

DH - Since I am still at home, MG can move out

YSH - Ah, both of you can live at SJi's, anyway it is nearby. MIL, is this alright?

GMa - No, I wish/want SJi to move in

DH - No matter what, I will cover your honeymoon expenses. Just say where you intend to go

GMa - Yes, that's right . . . No matter what, your brother is still the best . .

JN - So, you decide which is the best day . . . Is the day GMa suggested also fine with you?

MG - I won't be marrying SJi

GMa - What, not getting married?

YSH - why this sudden decision, is it because you feel it is too soon?

JN - Yes, it may be too soon. Considering time for giving birth and bringing up children, it is advantageous to get married early.

MG - Sorry, anyway I won't get married, that's it. (gets up to leave the room)

The elders are bewildered,

DH - maybe it is the wedding jitters and anyway it is a little too quick.

YSH - no, it isn't as though this is the first time we are talking about it & lately he hasn't been objecting (or saying anything about it). Could something have happened? Did SJi and he quarrel?

During breakfast, OB asks KLM if she should further her studies, she explains to him KC's suggestion. Though he says it is goo, but KLM is concerned about the amount of money required. She says KC said that she may get a scholarship, she can get money for living expenses thru part-time jobs. KLM asks OB if she is serious about going and she replies that she is uncertain (at this point of time), that she is thinking of going to a place where no one knows her and starting afresh. KLM thinks it might be helpful in getting her to get over DN/DH but he is also concern about her being alone in a strange land with language barrier. OB informs him that KC would be going with her. KLM seems to be reassured and even says that he'll try to help out wherever possible.

In the office, DH / JS / MR discuss further about the importance of the right character to use for the publicity exercise. DH happened to mentioned that he needs to study the characters a little closer before discussing with SD the next day . . . MR's radar is on "REDHOT ALERT" mode . . . After JS has left the office for another meeting, MR begins to ask DH about his previous meeting with SD and if he had met OB then. DH stalls a little before replying since the character was drawn by OB, so they met. Then (innocently?) asks MR the reason for asking. MR implies that he could possibly meet OB again when discussing the changes to the design. When DH sees OB, his mind will be indecisive, in future anything relating to the character, she will take charge. DH replies by saying "I know what is on your mind, but I am a person who can differentiate between business and personal matters. Besides, I make the decisions, so in future I hope you will listen to my instructions." and walks off.

SJi arrives at the Jangs wondering if MG is out. YSH tells her that MG left very early in the morning and aren't they going to work together. SJi says no, today we only have job assignments in the afternoon . . maybe he has something to do. Then SJi asks if they have discussed the matter (marriage) with MG . . Seems like YSH is about to tell her the truth but GMa stops her telling SJi that they haven't had time cos MG came back very late the night before. She goes on to tell SJi not to worry and they will see it through.

MG is waiting, in Dr Park's office, for KH to end her treatment session. KH begs PHW to allow her to rest at home for a few days. PHW refuses. KH is about to pass out and MG comes to her side to help out. She pulls MG away from her, telling him that she doesn't wish to see him. so please LEAVE. MG tells her not to be stubborn(?), that he will never go away and tells PHW that he will take KH home. PHW tells KH to listen to MG that she is not to go back on her own. Having arrived at KhH's apt, she tells him that he can now leave. MG says he will only leave after she is feeling a little better. KH is feeling frustrated that he is not listening to her and begs him to leave once again. MG looks at KH sadly (but with love in his eyes). KH asks why he is looking at her with those eyes, if he feels that she is pitiful. Before MG can explain she tells him that she doesn't need his sympathy, so please leave,and she leaves the living room for her bedroom. MG tells her "if you don't want my sympathy, then persevere to LIVE ON . . If you don't want me to accompany you, then LIVE ON. Live on, get married to Dr Park and live happily. Please continue living, please!" (both start sobbing)

SJi is at her cleaning assignment, tries to contact MG but gets to the voicemail service. She wonders why he is not picking up the call and if anything had happened.

MG is still at KH's apt, gets KH to take her medications, then tells her to rest now and he will come by the next day. Mr and Mrs Seo enter as MG is about to leave. Mr Seo wonders why MG is there, if he is chasing after KH again. MG doesn't reply and Mr Seo goes on to ask if he are going to continue disturbing his SIL. KH stops Mr Seo and tells MG to leave. Mr Seo does not let MG off and says "didn't I tell you not to appear in front of my SIL!" MG replies that he will still be coming by. Mr Seo is about to pick a fight with MG, then MG says that he is aware that KH is sick, so he will take care of her . . .that there is no use in stopping him. Mr Seo says he doesn't need MG to help them up . . . why would he want to take care of his SIL. Mr Seo drags MG out of the apt, saying "leave, in future don't ever come here, understand!" KH has remain silent all this while. Mr Seo asks her how MG came to know of her situation/condition. She says he may have heard it from PHW. Mr Seo wonders why PHW would want to let MG know. He tells KH that if ever, at any time, MG comes to disturb her, to let him know, he will not let him off.

DN returns from school still looking gloomy. MG comes in and YSH wonders where he has been since there's no work in the morning. That SJi waited for him since she intended for them to leave for work together. MG lies saying that he is back to change his clothes. GMa is wondering what is the matter with MG lately. DN is asked to change out of his school uniform. Whilst he is at his desk in his room, he ponders on a thot then takes some coins and places them in his pocket.

OB is thinking over KC's suggestion, then TB calls out to her, asking her about the kid who came by the day before - he thinks DN is her nephew as he can't possibly be her son due to her young age. He thinks that OB must be treating her "nephew" so well that he even calls her "mom" . . ending up by saying something like "no wonder she understands children so well, since she likes children" .. KC walks into the office and TB thinks OB is lucky to have such a handsome "boyfriend", so he excuses himself, thinking that they have a date together.

Back at OB's, KC asks her if she has had time to think over the issue. OB says she is still considering and has not come to a decision yet. KC wonders if KLM knows about it and OB says he is aware & will support her decision. KC says that since KLM is her only blood-relation, he was afraid that KLM would not be agreeable to letting OB go off to a faraway land. KC asks her if she is hesitating (guessing) bcos he is going with her . . OB does not know how to respond . . (In the meantime, DN has just arrived at her doorstep) . . . OB replies by saying . . ."Oppa, I am grateful to you but I have not decided yet, so I do not know what to say". . . KC says since he has been checking on the info he thot why don't they go together, he apologises for putting her under pressure (guessing). He asks her to think positively and seriously consider. As OB is thanking him, the doorbell rings. OB opens the door and DN rushes in to hug her. KC and OB are surprised to see DN.

OB - DN, why are you here

DN - Bcos I miss you . . that's why I came, Omma. Did you feel very sad the other day after Appa took me back . . .Today no one knows (I went off), so there shouldn't be any issue.

OB - DN . . .DN, in future . .

KC - DN

DN - Ajusshi, do you know me?

KC - Yes, I've seen you before

DN - But why is Ajusshi in my Omma's home

KC - DN, it's like this . . .this is Ajusshi's home. Omma doesn't live here.

DN - No, this is my Omma's home

KC - No, This is originally Ajusshi's home, Omma is here to "play" (as in stay for a while) . . she does not live her (on a permanent basis)

DN - So Omma, where are you staying now.

OB - erm . . . DN, Omma lives abroad, DN you are aware, right. DN, Omma lives abroad and is now back temporarily. I am going back in a few days' time. So do not come here to find me. This is Ajusshi's home, you know.

DN - Omma, you and Appa are really getting a divorce? That's why you are living abroad?

OB - er . . Yes

DN - Then I want to go (together) with Omma. When you are going overseas, take me along, Omma.

* OB is approaching the gates to Jang Residence, pulling DN along but DN is protesting *

DN - No, I won't go (in), no

OB - DN, don't be like this, the elders will be worried about you, you did not get their permission (to leave) . . . Quickly go in. DN is an obedient boy, you will listen to me

DN - I will listen to you, when you are going away take me along with you

OB - It's not possible . . I can't take you away (with me)

DN - Why? Why does Omma constantly avoid me. When we were together, you said I was the cutest in the whole wide world. Why do you now hate me? Don't hate me . .

OB - DN . . . (gives him a hug) Omma still loves DN, but now I cannot be (together) with you.

DN - Why can't we be together, Omma is lying to me . . I hate Omma

MR & DH arrive at this point. Direction of surprised look [ MR<-->OB<--DH ]

MR reaches out to DN whilst she asks OB her purpose for being here. JN on his way home from work immediately sees OB and can't believe his eyes . . calling out DIL . . and OB greets her FIL. JN wonders why OB is here and the reason that DN is crying again.

In the living room, OB is in front of the elders. JN asks if DN went to her place again . . .

JN - DN went to look for you again?

OB - Yes

GMa - DH said that previously you went to the school to see DN.

OB - Yes

GMa - You had already decided to divorce DH, shouldn't you forget DN? If you continue doing this, what is going to happen to DN.

OB - I'm sorry, Grandma

GMa - When you were about to get a divorce, we all tried to retain/persuade you but you said nothing. When DN was sick, we allowed you to come to visit . . Even DH begged you to come at least once, you did not come at all. (OB remains silent) But now you are not even concerned about DN at all . . .then why are you here. Why do you do such irresponsible things. (OB bends her head down in shame)

JN - Mom, DIL did not do it intentionally. Seems like she came to send DN back. . . .Don't be like that (JN is saying to GMa)

YSH - Yes, MIL . . it isn't as though OB was the one who first went to look for DN. It was DN who first went to look for OB, so what is she to do?

GMa - Regardless, OB in future DN will be with MR. (OB is surprised to hear this) . . .In future DN will be with his birth-mom. Do not allow the child to get confused . . Understand

OB - Yes, my apologies . . . I have already told DN that that place is not my home.

YSH - You said it is not your home?

OB - Yes, I said I live abroad, right now I am back on vacation, I will be leaving soon. DN won't be coming to my place to find me . . .I am going now . . . (OB gets up to leave the room)

YSH tries to hold her back without success.

DH is waiting patiently in the courtyard for a chance to speak to OB, after she was done with the elders. As OB is about to leave, she bids him goodbye. Before he was able to utter a single word to her, coincidentally DN rushes out of his room, with MR following closely behind. DN cries asking OB "do not go, take me with you, don't leave alone". OB feels hurt and stranded, MR shoots her dagger stare at OB, as all 3 elders rush out. DH tells DN to stop it and to let OB go off. DN says "no, let go!. I want to go (together) with Omma". MR tries to calm DN down whilst telling OB (sternly) "Why aren't you going! LEAVE now !! YSH, though feeling hurt, persuades OB to go . .

DH takes DN to his room and DN is still crying continuously.

DH - DN, don't be like this . . .DN, why did you go there again . . Appa already told you Omma will be going abroad. In future, Omma won't be there anymore

DN - Appa, is that place truly Ajusshi's home?

DH - What?

DN - Just now I met an Ajusshi, he even knows my name. He said that place is his and he said he was Omma's friend. He said Omma was there on vacation . . . Appa, Omma is really back on a short break for vacation . . that she is not really staying there?

DH - Yes . . . that place is Ajusshi's home. So in future don't ever go there, understand.

DN - I hate Omma, Omma is bad.

DH - DN, you go to birth-mom's home for a few days, since there's lots of homework that you need to do with your mom and there isn't anyone around to help DN . . . Appa will visit DN everyday . . . how about it

DN - NO!!! (cries and throws himself into the bed)

DH is at his wits' end as what is the best thing to do . . . MR can only look on . . .

Outside DN's room, MR tells DH to seriously consider her father's advice. She will not allow DN to continuously be like this . . . She doesn't want anything to happen because of OB . . having said that, she leaves.

During the family meeting, JN suggests to DH to let DN stay at MR's for a while, that things will get serious if DN continues to be like this. Let him get familiar with MR as soon as possible, so that he can learn to forget OB. DH says he has brought up the matter with DN, but DN disagrees. GMa says DN disagrees, then what are we to do . . She tells DH to persuade DN to go first. After he has been there with MR for a few days, he will change. YSH says by OB visiting DN at the school, it means that OB has not totally forgotten this place. GMa replies telling YSH - Don't talk nonsense . . In future, he will have a change of heart towards his birth-mom. She (MR) is working hard, it will bear fruits (of labour). One fine day, DN will like MR. DH, let's do this . . Tomorrow send DN over . . . (DH sighs resignedly)

OB is in her room, thinking of what GMa has said earlier on . . .(this will probably push her to make her decision to studying abroad)

Next morning at breakfast, JN mentions that he has not seen MG. YSH doesn't know what is going on with MG, that he muttered something about his friend, probably just helping out. JN comments about YSH's listless behaviour . . . if it has anything to do with what happened yesterday involving DIL, he is afraid that she will get ill if she goes on like this.

GMa - it has already ended, what the use of worrying. (Turns to DH) DH, let MR take care of DN.

DH - Today?

YSH - MIL, DN still dislikes MR. To suddenly put the two of them together, don't know if anything happen. I am abit worried

GMa - It is for this reason that we need to let them be together. By being together with MR, he will learn to like MR and forget OB.

JN - Yes, I have also given it some thot and think this is for the best. DH, let's do what GMa has suggested . . .

DH is hesitant but GMa tells him

GMa - not to worry and that it is MR's wish(?) to be able to sleep with her own son. She is sure to do well. Let's trust her, let her take care of DN. If he is fine after one day, then let her take him for a few days.

YSH - Yes, DH, let us try . . . we will try to persuade DN, you don't have to worry.

IQ scolds SJun for not calling the repairman when one of the equipment (exhaust fan?) is not working. SJun says he had forgotten and will look for one the next day. IQ is acting all irrational on SJun - What . . tomorrow . . I am in the kitchen cooking . . the thing is not working, what am I to do! Call them IMMEDIATELY!!! Where on earth is your brain (guessing) . . SJun replies saying he will find someone now. Then IQ scolds him for placing the hot dish there when she had previously told him not to. That there isn't one single thing that he does that will satisfy her. IQ goes into the kitchen, SJun wonders what is wrong with her and Mr Kang comes by and hits Sjun, telling him don't you realise that since MS has become pregnant, you've only been caring for MS. That's why your mom has been behaving this way. SJun - what! I did not just take care of MS, even if it is so, she shouldn't be this way. Mr Kang - You know your mom is not unreasonable. Your mom is menpausal(??? guessing) . . .Yes, menopausal women undergo changes, their bodies go weak etc. On top of that, with you being like this, what are we to do . . (then he goes off on a delivery order).

MS comes back with the same duck dish that she had consumed the previous day (which Mr Kang had actually specially bought for IQ). MS wonders what happened in her absence, when she notices SJun's quiet behaviour. SJun tells MS about IQ's condition, and that it is the reason for her recent treatment of MS. MS says she guessed as much, having witnessed what her own mom went through. MS enters the kitchen with the duck and IQ tells her to leave the kitchen since the exhaust fan is not working, so the smell will stay. MS offers IQ her favourite dish and asks her to take a bite. Mr Kang enters and comments that DIL is better than a son. As IQ finally gives in and is about to take a bite into the duck, she starts to puke. MS is wondering what is wrong, thinking that the duck might have gone bad. Mr Kang and MS say there is nothing wrong with the duck. IQ apologies and that she isn't feeling well at the moment, thus no appetite to eat it. Put it aside and she will eat it later.

At the office, DH tells MR that after work today he bring DN over to her place etc. MR is elated that the family has approved. DH says to let DN stay at her place for one day first if he is okay, then he can continue staying a few days more. He continues to say DN still dislikes you, so he asks MR to "present" herself well . . . MR thanks DH and and promises to work hard at getting along with DN while he is at her place. Next DH says in passing that he is going over to SD to discuss the character design and goes off . . . MR tries to stop DH but he is already long gone . . . MR is feeling very unsettled at this moment.

Over at SD, DH hands over the data files on their adverts for their new product. to OB. After OB had accepted them, DH asks OB . . .

DH - Were you with KC (at home) yesterday?

OB (hestitantly) - yes

DH - I heard you told DN about the place being KC's . . . yes, that could be a possibility. No matter what it is, I told DN that you've gone away (as in flew off). If anything happens, you tell the same story (gist). Also we are thinking of other options . . . DN knows this place and also where you live . . don't know in future if anything will happen . . . I am worried . . .

OB - You don't have to worry any more. In future DN and I really won't be able to see each other again.

DH - what do you mean

OB - I am going abroad to further my studies

before DH can recover from this piece of news . .

OB - I will be leaving soonest possible, so you don't have to worry about the problem of our meeting each other.

E N D

It's been a while since I have watched the series, especially ince seeing show absurd and draggy the storyline has become.

But I still drop by here occassionally, hoping to catch some good news of DH & OB's relationship turning for the better.

Geez, I can't believe up till Episode 164 today, there are still misunderstandings created between DH & OB????!!!!!

OB has finally decided to go abroad to study, for the benefit of DN.

I totally lost faith that DH & OB will end up together in the end.

If they do, I wonder what kind of miracle the PD can perform since the drama is coming to an end?????

Sometimes, I just wish the PD will end everyone's misery and end the drama at the point when DH & OB divorced, since it seems they quite intended for them to do so by creating so many misunderstandings.

God, if not for KSE, I would have stop watching this months ago.

Everytime I watch this drama, I just feel like strangling and throttling MR!! How could she be allowed to come this far with all her evil plots???!!!

Kudos to tiki_sg and many others for keeping this going on!

Guest crystal_eyez

The next day, a sudden thot struck me . . . what if it ended just like "Lovers in Paris" . . . that the whole duration was just ONE BIG DREAM SEQUENCE. Could OB be having this ultra long dream whilst on the bus trip from Gapyeong to Seoul (from Ep 1). Her inate desire to know what being a mom is like (as in Ep 24, when DN first came to SJi's place), cos she misses her mother's presence during her childhood years (just like DN). A never-around dad to keep her company (which attracted her to DH, cos of how he treasures & values his son even above his job . . . Ep 23??). And getting her father back into her life when she started dating DH. The desire to be a member of a huge family vs her lonely upbringing. And YSH almost instantly willing to take on the role as OB's mother once she has accepted OB.

OMG tiki! I would fly myself to Korea and strangle the writers if your theory came true. Who does that to a drama? Haha, well obviously the Lovers in Paris writers/PD. But what a way to infuriate viewers dig ones own grave. :P

I'm worried about how the drama will come to an end too. If it is supposed to end happily, I'm skeptical about how well the pace will be when DH and OB reconcile. To me, it seems like the writers are too tangled up in all of the misunderstandings, etc. that are distancing HanBok. I reeallly hope they do a fine job in untangling it all--although I have a big feeling that we will probably be left disappointed. I have yet to find a drama with a really great ending. And I don't just mean the ending scene, I mean all of the falling action and resolution.

And based on the episode summaries and spoilers, is DH really that dense??!!! Gah, I sooo do not mind if OB and him don't end up together. Seriously, is the news of OB studying abroad the thing that will trigger him to finally realize that he really is losing her? The richard simmons should have felt that way when she left their home in the first place...as well as when they turned in their divorce papers. Maybe I'm just having the wrong impression of him. <_< But seriously...did he think that she would stick around even after the divorce? Gah, this dude sooo does not deserve her. I guess the thought of not being able to see her EVER, shocks him more than her leaving the house?

Man, I just need some closure on this drama. I don't mind whatever ending they have in store for us, they better just end it well.

Just to add on, I believe DH was waiting patiently in the courtyard for a chance to speak to OB, after she was done with the elders. However, before he was able to utter a single word to her, DN rushed over and another chaotic situation arose. Do note his expression in the earlier scene, when he and MR arrived at the gates and found OB with DN. He had a sympathetic look, not an expression of frustration on his face. He now views OB in a slightly different light, after his reflection of what DN said about the book etc and also OB even tried to look in on DN during his concert event.

His "clouded" (pardon the pun) view of OB is slowly clearing up . . So work harder, DH! . . . towards a Clear Sunny Day, without the dark clouds (MR) hovering about, kekeke

Credits : Screen-cap / upload : tiki_sg

Please do not hotlink

happinessinthewind062mp.jpg

happinessinthewind061mp.jpg

happinessinthewind063mp.jpg

Looks like my crazy notion that something drastic would happen on DH's birthday does come true . . . . ;)

Now to work on my wish that the guitar would work its wonders . . . :wub:

OMG tiki! I would fly myself to Korea and strangle the writers if your theory came true. Who does that to a drama? Haha, well obviously the Lovers in Paris writers/PD. But what a way to infuriate viewers dig ones own grave. :P

hahaha, shocked you didn't it . .

Anyway, that was like for 20? eps. It shouldn't happen to a series that stretches for 8 months . . .

I'm skeptical about how well the pace will be when DH and OB reconcile. To me, it seems like the writers are too tangled up in all of the misunderstandings, etc. that are distancing HanBok. I reeallly hope they do a fine job in untangling it all--although I have a big feeling that we will probably be left disappointed. I have yet to find a drama with a really great ending. And I don't just mean the ending scene, I mean all of the falling action and resolution.

Having a hazy memory but I think "Alone in Love" was well paced . .

My best hope (at the moment) is that they eventually get reconciled by end of E170/171 (obviously it would be better if it is in E170), giving us at least 2-3 episodes chock-full of HanBok goodness . . . . COMPLETE WITH another (PROPER) wedding ceremony/KISS AND HONEYMOON. PD/Writer still owe us for the pathetic/shoddy one in E81 and the non-existant 3-day honeymoon in Jeju. fury.gif

(Assuming that the accident / hospital / recovery period would take up E169 & E170 at least)

Credits : Screen-cap / upload : tiki_sg

Please do not hotlink

e060100423hdtvxvidsesan.jpg

"Recycled" scene re-enacted at the hospital next Monday . . .

MR's worst nightmare that will drive her off her rocker . . .

"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." -Genesis 2:24

The interplay among DH, his parents, and his grandmother is a sobering reminder of the above passage. The constant meddling of DH's parents and especially his grandmother is preventing him from completely fulfilling the role of husband and father, resulting in personal indecision.

I understand the role of filial piety even in contemporary Korea, but the wisdom of the Bible is clear and relevant (whether you believe it as God's Word or not); it is vital for a man to move on from his parental/familial umbrella so that he is able to forge with his wife (+/- children) a distinct family unit, one that can weather inevitable marital monsoons independently.

Not that parental input and counsel is not important, because I believe it's critical. But, when you are daily being bombarded with suggestions from people you want to please, you are in an impossible position. On the one hand, you want to follow your heart and make your own decisions. On the other hand, you respect your elders' experience and sagacity and want to be the obedient (grand)son. Whom are you going to disappoint? Yourself or your parents?

This all-too-familiar story often has a predictable end. Unless DH breaks away and starts thinking for himself, he will come to resent his parents (and grandmother) AGAIN for steering him into a path he does not desire, and ultimately feel that he is being disrespected as a husband, a father, and a man.

What the hell is wrong with the Jang family!? Why are they pushing Doklip so hard!? a;lsmdafa;oedjlsflmj; *pulls hair out* EVIL I tell you. Those people are pure EVIL. You think it's going to make things easier if he accepts that spoiled princess? HA. Hell to the no. And forcing him will only make him resist 10x harder!! Why can't they see that!?

I saw the look on that spoiled princess's face when Doklip came rushing out of his room crying for OB, or rather "Umma" as he calls her. "Mom don't go! Take me with you!" Yeah, be hurt you spoiled little princess. You want to know why he accepts OB and not you? Here's why. OB never pushed him to call her mom. She let him adjust to her being his mom, took care of him, nurtured him, loved him, comforted him, and never ever forced him. Not to mention, Doklip hand picked her as his mom. He CHOSE OBOK. He introduced her to his father, and CHOSE HER as his new mom. So yeah, obviously he's gonna be more attached to OB, the mother he hand chose himself. Versus the stubborn-***-spoiled-mother who's forcing her way into his life despite how much he rejects her and his idiot of a father. Yeah YOU Jang Daehan you spineless son of a female dog. Why would you force this kind of thing on your already miserable son if you know that this is only going to make him 10x more miserable!? Oh right, because your a pitiful worthless sad excuse for a father, husband, and human being. I hope you never see that new baby of yours and I hope Doklip goes to live with Obok forever, AFTER he runs away from the Choi household, because you know he will. Grrr.....

Is our suffering almost over yet???? All this idiotic behavior on the part of the Jang family (sans Doklip, Minguk, and Manse who obviously love Obok) and the EVIL Choi family is giving me a massive headache.

PS I wonder, did anybody else realize that the siblings names, if said all together mean "Long live the Republic of Korea!!"? (대한 민국 만세!! [Daehan Minguk MANSE!!]) lol just a funny little tidbit I thought I'd point out XD Though people probably already noticed that XDD

Guest nursey92

@ kapneemo---Now tell us how you really feel! LOL!  I really enjoy reading your posts!  As much as I want DH and OB together, you are so right!  Spineless son of a sea-biscuit! Grrrrr!!!

PS I wonder, did anybody else realize that the siblings names, if said all together mean "Long live the Republic of Korea!!"? (대한 민국 만세!! [Daehan Minguk MANSE!!]) lol just a funny little tidbit I thought I'd point out XD Though people probably already noticed that XDD

LOL!!!

That was noticed A LONG LONG TIME AGO . . . when the series had just started. Only thing that was never mentioned is DN actually translates into INDEPENDENT / INDEPENDENCE.

I personally felt it in E163 when DN was yanked back from OB's the first time and DN yelled back defiantly to DH "LET GO!!! Why did you lie saying Omma was overseas when she is here! . . . "

BTW, have you never noticed that in practically ALL of K-Dramas the male leads/characters are mostly personified as being weak-willed . . . wishy-washy . . . . that's why in the initial stages of this series I thot it was refreshing that DH was portrayed as being very steadfast in his character . . . he started wavering around the time of the WB's downfall . . .

K-drama writers (I presume all of them are women?) must have a vendetta against the other gender, kekeke

Guest scarecrow

To me, DH's grandmother is the "MOST" insistent about DN to bond with MR. If I remember correctly (before DH married OB), she was also insistent that DH should get back with MR bcos she thinks that DN should be raised by his birth mother instead of OB, to which DH responded that "his feelings matter too." I don't discount elders and parents giving advice or opinion, but to force your will into someone is just plain "disrespectful" in my book. She is so annoying, I wish she would keep her mouth shut! fury.gif

P.S. Manse's MIL might be pregnant, don't you think? If that happens SJ/MS would have a son (daughter) and also a younger sibling too at the same time. :)

Please do not hotlink

"Recycled" scene re-enacted at the hospital next Monday . . .

MR's worst nightmare that will drive her off her rocker . . .

do you really think it'll be OB that gets hurt instead of DN? i don't know which would be better...if DN gets hurt, MR will probably go all crazy and blame OB for it, but if OB gets hurt, it'll either be a chance for OB and DH reconciliation that will richard simmons MR off like no other or she'll be internally happy and hope that OB dies. either way, i don't see MR reforming to a "better" person. man, i am so over this drama. i just want to see it END.

And based on the episode summaries and spoilers, is DH really that dense??!!!  Gah, I sooo do not mind if OB and him don't end up together.  Seriously, is the news of OB studying abroad the thing that will trigger him to finally realize that he really is losing her? The richard simmons should have felt that way when she left their home in the first place...as well as when they turned in their divorce papers.  Maybe I'm just having the wrong impression of him.   <_<   But seriously...did he think that she would stick around even after the divorce?  Gah, this dude sooo does not deserve her.  I guess the thought of not being able to see her EVER, shocks him more than her leaving the house?

HAHA! That seriously cracked me up :lol: I agree though...DH is the biggest jerk ever.

I didn't even notice that! But then again...I didn't even really watch the entire drama. I >=)

Reading TikiSG's sypnosis (and thank you)for tonights episode tells me not to bother watching it. REASON??? Another misunderstanding in the way...no changes (yet?). And hey, the adults are not considerable of the child's mental and emotional state (DN), to be exchausted and cause problem after...but weeeeell...in reality they should be but thinking then that this is just another Kdrama, its the writer and directors manipulation that follows, so be it....whether it will satisfy our expectations or not but just disception.

Preview of Ep 165 - Printed Text

오복은 대한에게 유학가겠단 얘기를 하고 대한은 오복의 말에 충격을 받는다. 독립은 미란의집으로 가서 생활을 하게 되고 대한은 독립이를 데려다 주다 미란의 식구들과 함께 식사 자리를 갖게 되는데...

대한은 집으로 돌아와 오복이 유학간다는 얘기를하고 식구들은 그 소식에 섭섭함을 감출 수가 없는데...

한편 유치원에 간 독립은 미란을 따라가지 않겠다며 떼를 쓰는데...

- KBS

Five Big Blessings to the yuhakgagetdan to talk about the end of the Five Big Blessings shocked. Go to the erosion of independent life to the house and give the erosion of the family, take a stand with this dining spot, which puts ...

Five Big Blessings for the student going back to the house to talk to your family ... I can not hide the news seopseophameul

The Independent went to kindergarten, saying the erosion will flock to follow to write ..................

- Google Translator (for Korean Text)

Screen-caps of Ep 165

from Korean Media News

201009220626491001_1.jpg

201009220632371001_1.jpg

Ratings for Ep 165

TNS – 17.4% (#4 Nationwide) / 15.5% (#5 Seoul)

AGB – 19.3% (#3 Nationwide) / 19.6% (#3 Seoul)

Full Recap for Ep 165 (REVISED)

Disclaimer Note #3 : Subject to translating with poor Mandarin vocabulary

OB tells DH she is going abroad to study, that she will be leaving soon, so he doesn't have to contend with DN meeting her in future. DH wonders over her sudden decision. OB says in the past she had thot of continuing her studies and now the opportunity has arisen. She wants to start anew in a foreign land. DH asks about their impending divorce proceedings and OB replies that she understands that one can shorten the trial period and that she will settle it before she leaves (gist). She goes on to say that she will call him when she's done and that it won't take long . . . DH is shocked beyond words . . .

DH comes back to the office looking totally expressionless, MR starts telling him that it is time to pick DN up but she notices his expression and wonders what had happened during his visit to SD . . . DH does not respond.

Back at OB's apt, KLM notices OB's listlessness and wonders if she's had a hard day at work . . . after a while OB tells KLM of her decision to go abroad for studies. KLM is agreeable and says that if she stays on she will feel very hurt. KLM feels he should provide her with the money for her studies however, he does not have much lately. He only has sufficient for her airfare. OB mentions she has to first learn the language so she doesn't need that much money yet, and with the success of the book, there's money coming in . . . she mentions that when she is there she will get part-time jobs. KLM says that when she is gone, he will live in a one room home, and when he has settled this place, he will send/give her the money. He then talks about her accommodations and that it will be costly and OB says KC has friends living in there, so KC will help her to enquire. So she will first stay there. KLM is extremely grateful to KC, for helping her to plan. Bcos KC is there to help her out, he feels more at ease to let he go. You should have found someone like that to marry. OB keeps quiet but gives out a sigh . .

DN asks "Grandma, where will I be going to now . . . ". GMa replies that he will be going out with Appa to omma's place. DN is happy thinking that DH & OB have reconcile . . .YSH tells him not Omma's home but BM's home. To which DN says he doesn't want to go to Noona's house. JN tells DN "Don't you want to see your maternal GPa & GMa? Your (maternal) GPa longs to see you . . . " GMA adds on that there's going to be plenty to eat and plenty of stuff and he can relax and have fun there. YSH assures him that he will definitely be happy. DN is getting upset when MR arrives . . then DN says (something like) "GPa, I don't want to go, can I not go?" JN tries to persuade DN by telling him that he is not going to stay there. BM will be at home to accompany him for that day and Appa will be accompany him too. As DN is still pondering and asking "is Appa really going with me?", JN tells DH to quickly take DN out. MR thanks the elders and says she will take good care of him and GMa tells her not to let the last incident happen again. As 3 of them leave (DH/DN/MR), YSH looks on worriedly and hopes that DN will be okay and be able to adapt quickly. GMa comments that the atmosphere in there is getting very quiet.

Arriving at the Choi, DN had to be prodded by DH before he grudgingly greeted his maternal GParents. MR takes DN away to wash his hands and DH is about to make his exit. Although Mrs Choi says dinner has been prepared and asks him to stay & leave after dinner, DH refuses. Mr Choi says DN will be upset to see him gone when he comes down. "You can leave after being here for a while. Without you being around, DN will be confused(?). So DH has no choice but to join in for dinner. During dinner (in the garden), DH is not enjoying himself, forced to be there . . . DN is still looking gloomy . . . DH notices DN's unhappiness. Only the Chois seem to be doing all the talking . . . trying to lighten up the atmosphere. Mr Choi offers DH a plate of his favourite food and Mr Choi jokingly says to his wife "Once SIL is here, I appear invisible to you" (gist). Mrs Choi replied that she had like DH even in the past. MR teases her parents on their moment of bickering (due to jealousy). Mr Choi tells DH that in future to have his dinner there. DH is about to say something to Mr Choi (by addressing him by his job-title), then Mr Choi tells him to call him "Father" when they are alone together but DH insists that he would rather call him by his title, cos he feels more comfortable doing so. Mrs Choi adds on that one calls one's friend parents Father & Mother . . . so call me "Mother" . . . no harm in doing that, it will feel closer . . .(geez the Chois are infamous for forcing things down people's throat!!!) . . . Mrs Choi persuades DN to eat and eventually DN does and MR & Mr Choi look on satisfied with themselves . . .

DN has fallen asleep and is being carried into MR's room by DH. MR tells him that she has prepared a room for DN but since he is not familiar with the place, she decided to let him stay in her room. MR tells DH that she would like to apply for a few days' leave - to accompany him at school etc and to make DN more comfortable around her etc. After DH agrees to her taking vacation leave, MR says in order not to affect workflow she will hand over her workload to HJS. Then she (steps on DH's toes!!!) by saying that he has been moody since he came back from his meeting at SD, did something bad happen after he had met OB . . . . DH shuts her down by saying "No, you don't have to bother. If anything happens to DN, let me know . . . I am going off . ." then he leaves.

On his way home, DH reminisce over the time when OB and DN were in the backseat singing together . . YSH is in DN's room . . . already missing his presence . .

DH returns and joins the family in the living room. JN & YSH enquire about DN and DH tells them that DN fell asleep when teas was served, that's why he is able to come back without any problems. GMa says they shouldn't worry since he is with his GParents & he will be well taken care of, but YSH is still feeling uneasy saying no matter how one treats DN, to DN he only considers OB as his Omma, don't know if anything is going to happen. GMa scolds her for talking nonsense again . . "Why do you constantly mention OB . . " YSH goes on to say that maybe it is bcos the divorce matter has not ended yet. GMa turns to DH and tells him "don't you have thots of restarting with OB. If you do this, it will only confuse DN further. Besides her heart has already left you, even if you were to bring her back, in future if the same thing happens . . . . ." At this point DH (feeling numbed) says it won't happen and tells them that OB will be studying aboard. All are surprised with YSH asking if she is leaving the country, then DH says what OB had said earlier on, that when she leaves, DN won't be able to see her, so there isn't any need to worry. DH gets up to leave the room, GMa seems to be "comforted" whilst JN-YSH are sadden over this latest development.

In their room, YSH wonders why OB would want to go so far, alone, to study? JN says "she must have undergone a lot of suffering to come to this decision (gist). It would also be good for DIL, she can continue her studies, isn't this good?" YSH feels that by going abroad, it is to really end it (relationship) with DH. Both parents are sadden by the realisation.

DH is lying in bed, deep in thought whilst OB is lying in bed, thinking of the future with apprehension.

It is a gloomy atmosphere during breakfast at Jang's . . . with the absence of DN.

GMa is commenting that Autumn will soon be arriving & the chilly weather. She is missing DN's presence. JN asks what time did MG get in last night and that he is still asleep, he should come out for breakfast. DH says he saw him coming in at 3am, so let him carry on sleeping. GMa is surprised that at that hour DH was still wide awake . . . DH doesn't reply then YSH brings up the topic about OB studying abroad, she suggests that wouldn't it be better to bring DN back? DH is surprise by this comment and YSH continues to say that without OB and DN, it is very disheartening. GMa again tells YSH "there you go again . . don't make DN feel confused. If the adults act like this, it is any wonder that the child is also confused. It has come to this, there is no other option, so don't think otherwise." DH agrees with GMa in order not to confuse DN any further. , . . JN wonders if DN is awake by now and if anything happened . ., he asks DH is they had called at all since last night. DH says he has not heard from them, so he assumes things are fine over there.

DN wakes up from bed and starts to cry . . MR tells him to stop crying and get ready for school. DN wonders where is his Appa!! and MR tells him that Appa had gone to work. DN continues to cry as Choi GParents walk in, Mrs Choi wonders what happened whilst Mr Choi thot DN may be ill. MR says no, DN got up missing DH and being in a strange environment. DN says he wants to go to his dad and Mrs Choi tells him to go to school first then he can see his dad after work. Mr Choi tries to reassure DN by saying that he will allow Appa to quickly come back. But DN says "NO, I WANT TO GO HOME!!!" and starts to cry again. MR can only look at DN, feeling upset.

In the Choi living room, Mr & Mrs Choi comment about the situation not easing up - Mr Choi thinks it is bcos it is DN's first time sleeping at their home and waking up in an "unknown" place, but Mrs Choi comments that he has been here before and that he has been with MR for quite a while and up till now, the situation is still like that. . . . . . (GUESS WHAT!!! - Mrs Choi is more concerned about the hurt that MR must be going thru, not the fragile state that DN is in right now . . . guessing) . . . Mr Choi's thinking cap is working overtime now . . . . THINK THINK THINK (in a more twisted manner how to push this through)

OB tells KC that she told her dad of her decision. She says that having made that decision, she is now feeling more at ease. She asks KC to enquire on the school that he had mentioned previously as she wants to go as soon as possible since she has already made up her mind. OB asks KC since he is going too, if he has already checked out the school that he will be attending. KC says he will handle it himself, not to worry. OB thanks KC for helping her out and says the meal's on her..(throughout the conversation OB has been putting on a brave front, appearing cheerful, but deep down inside she is feeling sad about leaving).

SJi enters the kitchen and helps YSH, who is preparing kimchi for Autumn. YSH informs SJi about OB's intentions. SJi is surprised. YSH continues to say that having heard this, she has been feeling very sad, she had been hoping that DH-OB would be getting back together. By her going away, it is like ending all ties with them (gist). SJi knows how attached YSH is towards OB. YSH says "Yes, did not feel it when we were together but now that we are separated, I really thinks of seeing her". YSh comments that SJi being around at this moment is just right . . . (to fill in the void left by OB) . . She asks SJi about MG - "Lately has anything happened between the 2 of you?" SJi says nothing has happened, why? Then YSh just says "Oh nothing . . ." SJi thinks it is regarding the marriage issue. She says MG has not said anything, but he should be bringing up the matter pretty soon. SJi goes to see MG in his room.

MG is on the line. After that call, he makes another one to KH (at this point SJi opens the door), asking her why she is at home now when she should be strictly follow her appointment schedules. He says he will fetch her and ends the call. SJi quickly closes the door and is displeased with MG and wonders why he is going over to KH's.

KH is getting ready to leave for her appointment. Mr Seo volunteers to accompany her. KH declines saying she would prefer to go alone and leaves. Mr Seo doesn't know if he should or shouldn't listen to KH. Since she is rather temperamental(?) lately, he dare not say anything to her. Mrs Seo says now is the time to let KH feel at ease (guessing). She starts to wonder how MG knows about KH's condition. Mr Seo says it doesn't matter how he found out, he has stated his stand very clearly to MG. He wonders about their age difference and how MG could think of courting(?) KH . . He says the last time he met MG, he thot he had a girlfriend. Mrs Seo wonders if MG still likes KH. Mr Seo says although we don't know what's on his mind,if he comes round to court KH, he will not let MG off . .

MG is approaching KH's apt building, with SJi following closely behind, he sees KH and approaches her saying he will send her to the hospital. KH declines and tells him to go back but MG is insistent.

YSH is caught by surprise when she sees Mr Choi entering their courtyard with gifts. Mr Choi says he is paying a visit due to the Chuseok Holidays . . and wonders if the elders are at home.

JN - How is DN, is he adapting well

Mr Choi (CHJ) - Today I am here to discuss this issue

YSH (being equally worried) - is DN having a hard time over at your place?

CHJ - He doesn't want to get close to MR, so it make MR look very pitiful.

GMa comments that to take it in its stride, that gradually DN will accept MR.

CHJ - I wish it were (guessing), but I cannot not bother when it is like this. My intention for coming today is to let DH and MR start all over again. I would like to seek your opinion . .

of course the Jangs are once again shocked.

JN - Do you mean to say to let DH & MR get married?

CHJ - Yes, it should have happened 7 years ago, but due to my poor judgement(?? -- more likely it is his "narrow-mindedness" kekeke - sorry don't know what is the actual word used), a lot of time had been wasted. Since DH is now divorced, DN should grow up with his biological parents. With the current situation, I am afraid DN will end up without a mother.

Both JN and YSH are displeased with what CHJ had just said . .

YSH - Starting all over again with MR is not our decision to make (ie. it is not what we think that is important) . . What is important is DH's opinion on the matter.

CHJ - Of course, it is. I feel that letting DN come to my place was due to your persuasion . . . So I hope you will once again try to persuade DH on this matter. For DN's sake, this is the best option.

GMa looks at JN & YSH, not feeling too pleased at the moment, and JN-YSH are also not happy with this new "pressure" .

MR is at the school waiting for DN and Ms Jin wonders who she is. MR introduces herself as DN's mom and Ms Jin is puzzled. MR then clarifies that she is DN's BM and that she will be the one picking DN up from now on. Ms Jin just accepts (hey! don't you have to at least clarify with DN's parents first . . . . instead of just accepting the words of a stranger!!!)

MR calls out to DN in his classroom, saying Omma's here! All the kids in the room find it strange to see MR instead of OB. HyoRi even says that MR is not DN's mom and even confirms with DN.

MR is upset but tells them that she is DN's BM, DN immediately announces that NO! She is not my mom!!! Now all the kids are confused. MR tries to distract by telling DN "DN, when we get (to my) home, Appa will come by, then later on we can go bike-riding . . . let's go home now . . " DN says "NO!, I want to go back to my own home, not to Noona's home!!!" . . . and runs out of the room . .

Mr Choi's car is waiting outside the school and Mr Choi is wondering why MR is not picking up the call . . . what is holding her up in there. DN is running out of the school, then Mr Choi asks the driver help out. Next we see Driver Kim carrying DN into the car with DN yelling to let him go as he is not going. Mr Choi is upset with DN's constant cry of protest and tells the driver to get DN into the car.

Mr Choi instructs Driver Kim to carry the sleeping DN into MR's room and tells MR to watch over DN. Mrs Choi is all confused as to what is going on . . Mr Choi relates what happened (feeling very frustrated). Mrs Choi is worried that both MR & DN will fall ill if this goes on.

MR is watching over the sleeping DN, saying "DN, don't you know your omma's heart (know how I feel) . . " Mr Choi walks in to see MR weeping. He tells her of his visit to the Jangs and his 'proposal' . . (MR's "leaky faucet" stopped immediately). She immediately asks him anxiously what were their reaction. He says "they said the important thing is DH's opinion. But DH is already divorced from his wife, so they should know what to do for the sake of DN's best interest. Just wait a little longer". Though Mr Choi is also a little worried now.

IQ is in her room wiping the floor. SJun immediately volunteers to do it for her, since she is already tired. IQ rejects his offer. SJun apologises to her for being a disappointment . . he asks for her understanding since he is going to be a daddy soon. He admits that in his attempt to try to treat MS better, he has gone overboard, going on to say that she should know that she is the most important person to him. She says she doesn't know. SJun continues to tease his mom. MS announces that dinner is ready. Mr Kang praises MS for preparing dinner tonight. MS asks IQ to try out the pork dish (for her nourishment). IQ is suspicious of the "red-carpet" treatment. SJun says he heard that lately IQ hasn't been well and with the menopausal symptoms . . MS is worried for her. IQ tells Mr Kang, why would you discuss this matter with the children. He says letting them know would make them more aware and be more careful. Tells her that it is okay, that it is normal at this age, then he reminds the kids not to stress IQ further. IQ is about to taste the stew that MS had cooked then she starts to puke again. Mr Kang is concerned and wonders if she should have herself checked at the hospital. MS suggests that she come along when MS has her next appointment at the hospital. SJun suggests that IQ have herself examined as well at the specialist department/clinic.

DH comes home, not wanting to go directly to his lonely room, decides to sit in the courtyard. DH is looking forlorn, when MG comes home too and decides to sit down with DH to have a brotherly session - MG asks him how is DN and how is he coping. DH tells him "don't know if MR sent him or fetched him from school, but it seems he has settled down a bit . ." MG says that DN should learn to forget about SIL but it is a difficult thing for DN to do. Then he asks about Hyungsu going to study abroad. After DH confirms, MG says "People know how to love but don't know how to forget . . . Hyung, no matter what happens you are always by my side . ." DH is wondering what has happened to MG but all MG says is "Be Strong" then gets up to go into the house . . leaving DH wondering on . .

YSH is preparing to leave for the school to pay DN's tuition fees before the Chuseok Holidays. Arriving at KH's office, there no on there, then Mr Seo enters asking her why she is there. YSH, after explaining her purpose, tells Mr Seo to accept the fees on Ms Jin's behalf. YSH enquires about KH and Mr Seo says he is about to say something unpleasant, that she is to keep an eye on MG. YSH wonders what he is driving at. Mr Seo relates how MG is constantly seeking KH and he isn't pleased about it. He wants her to reprimand MG and stop him from coming over to his home. YSH is shocked that MG has been going to his place.

MG brings over some mushroom powder(guessing) to KH's apt. He says his friend sent it by post to him from the village (the friend her made a call to earlier on), that his friend's dad was better after consuming it. MG gives her the instruction on the preparation/consumption. MG says that it is about time for her appointment . . . let's go together. KH says she is not going and that she wants to rest at home, so she asks him to quickly go home. As KH is turning to go back to her room, she loses her balance and MG catches her. MG is about to send her to her room to rest and YSH walks in (guess the door wasn't properly closed/locked after MG entered), seeing MG's arm wrapped around KH, saying "what are you up to . . ." Then both KH & MG had that guilty expression.

At the office, HJS asks DH when OB will be going abroad. DH says he thinks it will be soon. HJS wonders how things have turned out this way. HJS is about to suggest something (probably a 'celebration' before her departure), then MR walks in and HJS quickly excuses himself out of the office. DH is wondering what she is doing in the office when she has taken leave to accompany DN at school. She says she came in to apply for leave (guessing). DH asks her how is DN. She just says that they have not adapted to each other yet . . and that she will be picking him up from school later on. DH says he will be there later on. As DH gets up to leave the office, MR wonders where he is going. DH only says that there are issues to discuss about the character design and leaves . . . immediately MR says "I want to come . . . I was originally IN CHARGE . . . before I start my vacation, I still have a say" (meaning she is still involved till her leave starts). DH is feeling frustrated and uncomfortable . .

Over at SD, KC is discussing with OB about learning the language at this particular school. KC thinks that after a month, OB can get ready to go over. OB is surprised that it is quicker than she had thot (initially OB has a look of disappointment but puts on a brave front towards KC). Whilst thanking KC, in comes DH & MR, DH sees KC with OB and has a look of hesitation, whilst OB looks embarrassed being "caught" with KC . . . .(sighhhhh . . . . not again . . . .).

MR is the first to open her mouth by saying "OH! Two of you are together! How have you been, OB?" OB wonders about the purpose of the visit. DH explains that there's some modification to be made on the design, thus they need to discuss further. MR gives her reason for being there . . She was originally handling the project etc (who cares!!!!), but due to other matters, she had requested that DH attend the first meeting, however there are certain aspects that required her approval(?). KC sensing the uncomfortable situation and since they are discussing business, prepares to take his leave, not before MR quips in saying that she has something to say to KC. MR tells him that bcos of DN, she will be taking leave and that someone else will take over to liaise with him regarding the ranch issues. KC is surprised by what she said but doesn't quite get what she means . . Then MR continues to say that DN is staying at her home .. OB is shocked to hear this . . . DH tells MR that the purpose of coming here is to discuss business matters not about personal matters. MR (pretends to?) apologises to DH and says since the business matter has already been said, she asks him to quickly settle things here so that they can go back soon, since DN is waiting at home for omma & appa. OB is fuming at this point and DH is looking away in embarrassment. MR carries on talking shamelessly, asking KC if he isn't going to his hometown, since things concerning the ranch and GD have ended. Does he intent to stay here (in Seoul). KC says No, he won't be seeing her in future cos he is going to study . . This time it is DH's turn to be surprised. MR responds by saying "Studying? Can't be that the two of you are going together?" KC hesitates but OB decisively replies that KC & she are going off together to study..

E N D

Guest soniamaylin

Well I've been watching the show for a long time now but not every episode. I must say that I've lost interest in this show, the storyline doesn't make sense anymore, that's a pity, with such good actors... Still, this show is really something, honestly I not very interested in the story anymore, because there so many stuffs I am anticipating more than the story, like : "Let's bet how many stupid Jang Family reunion, we're gonna watch today!", how many times must we heard the "delightful" MR saying "oppa" and now they're feeding us with DN scenes when he's crying and screaming "omma!!!!"

This show is so great in many ways...

First the Jang family reunion. The thing is: the older you are the more you rule. So even if grandmother doesn't have the brain, she rules it. Then the parents, then comes the sons, well at that stage they can't really talk just say: "I understand". Being honest, talking about the grandmother (and her delightful voice) I don't know how many times I wanted to say : "For God sake, just shut up, would you?, we are so sick of you, if you don't have anything smart to say, just shut, up, ok????!" Well the thing is that the lovely grandma with her beautiful hair perm is not so stupid but yes she is greedy. She likes MR because she's from a wealthy family, not because she is the biological mother. If status were inversed and OB was the wealthy girl and MR the poor one, would the grandmother feels the same way...

Another thing being said in this forum and I so agree is about DH being weak. Since some weeks now, DH is acting so weak, never takes his own decisions just obeys the elders and MR, like :

Let's divorce, ok. Let's tell DN that I'm his real mother, ok. Let me take OB's place, ok. Don't let DH see OB, ok.

I mean is he really a guy in his 30! Even DN is acting more like man than him. But when you think about DH before getting married, when no one wanting them to get married, DH resisted back then until everyone accepts. Back then he was so different, a change like that in his behavior is so illogical.

But there's more, let's just thing about MR father for one moment. The guy who get rid of the baby of her own daughter because doesn't like the father and more precisely the father status is now having some amnesia and do everything he can to put the family together. Now he's smiling like a fool in front of the Jang family and saying "uri DN". And when he and his wife visit the Jang family, they're all smiling. So the thing is

1st. How those MR parents are not ashamed of themselves, HoW??????

2d. How is it that the Jang family never told them : "How dare you to come here, to meet us" or something like: "Piece of jerk, how dare you after throwing DH baby away, what the hell are you doing"???!!!" IS there no more salt in the Jang family?

3d. How is it that DH who have been treated like trash by MR family, even lying about DN birth, then being "forced" to divorce the woman he loves, by MR selfish behavior, can accept to talk to them, being close to them, let them to be with DN... OB has never done something hurtful to him, when MR & MR family have hurt him in so many ways??

Even a saint couldn't forgive them and at the same being so nasty to the person he loves, wait, could he be masochist??? Must think about it...

8 more episodes to go and after reading tiki_sg's synopsis of Episode 165 and the preview of 166, I'm kinda of guess the ending is going to sucks big time!!!

Preview 166 Translation:

OB told DH & MR directly that she'll be going for overseas studies with KC.

DH couldn't believe it and after thinking, called KC up and confirmed with him again.

KC told DH not to worry as he will take good care of OB.

Mr Choi met OB's dad to find out the about the details of the divorce proceedings between OB & DH and said that he thinks MR & DH will get married soon (yeah, I'll be cursing the PDs for the rest of the year if they end the drama with them being married).

On the other hand, MR who went to DH's house tried to get along (hang out) with the family members.

Grandma (as much as it may seems that I'm disrespctful, she is another character that I feel like slapping) persuades DH to start over again with MR.

the storyline doesn't make sense anymore, that's a pity, with such good actors...

Basic requirement when entering into a long-drawn daily K-drama . . . one must have PATIENCE, whatever logic one has should be left at the door/window wherever . . be prepared to be subjected to high-blood pressure after watching . . . need more!!!!

One more common trait, the EVILs never really get their just desserts . . . . due to "religious" teachings(????) that one should forgive!?!?!?!?!

Another thing being said in this forum and I so agree is about DH being weak. Since some weeks now, DH is acting so weak, never takes his own decisions ....... But when you think about DH before getting married, when no one wanting them to get married, DH resisted back then until everyone accepts. Back then he was so different, a change like that in his behavior is so illogical.

Trip down memory lane . . . .

Just an observation, I think the PD is making a switch in character between DH & SJun. In the beginning the focus was on DH, his struggles and subsequent confidence/victory in his lovelife. Whereas SJun . . . . .

Even DN is acting more like man than him.

That's why he is named DN cos it stands for "Independance"

I'm kinda of guess the ending is going to sucks big time!!!

Don't throw in the towel, just yet . . there's a bit of silver lining coming from the Choi-KLM meeting towards the very end of E167 . . .

Don't throw in the towel, just yet . . there's a bit of silver lining coming from the Choi-KLM meeting towards the very end of E167 . . .

tiki_sg I don't know how you're so optimistic about the ending. the pd adores MR. Even with the Ice Queen, she switched her tune after 60 eps & started liking MS, but MR has stayed this stupid for the last 165 eps and DH has digged a deeper grave to hell?!! I hope your predictions are true, and maybe MR will be the one who gets hit by a car and leave this world in a "flash"! There was a sudden thunder storm after the rain (crying) storm! =)

after watching this, i don't think i want to have a korean grandmother in law EVER!!

Guest scarecrow

. . . one must have PATIENCE, whatever logic one has should be left at the door/window wherever . .

. . . . due to "religious" teachings(????) that one should forgive!?!?!?!?!

. . there's a bit of silver lining coming from the Choi-KLM meeting towards the very end of E167 . . .

I've watched other K-Dramas before where my patience was stretched (like in the case of "Heart of 19" drama), but this one takes the cake! My PATIENCE here was stretched to the MAX!!! Heck, this drama started out very enjoyable to watch (due to DH/OB's enemy/love relationship), but afterwards it became frustrating for me to watch every day (but, then I again I can't seem to stop watching :lol: )

...forgiveness? forgive MR for all her selfish behavior, for causing all these misunderstandings between DH & OB, and forcing herself to DN that she would rather see her son miserable than seeing him happy? I don't think so! Unless she repents and make restitution for all the bad things she has done...SHE WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ETERNITY to be forgiven! :angry:

...silver lining -- maybe (?) OB's dad will have second thoughts and would rather see his daughter happy rather than seeing her miserable every day.

EDIT: I just finished watching today's episode...what the heck is wrong with the writer/PD? MORE MISUNDERSTANDINGS??? are we every going to see the light at the end of the tunnel? This so infuriating!!! fury.gif

Archived