Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

^have you tried the other mangaka's work, Uwasa no midori-kun? It's about a girl who enjoys playing soccer and had memories of a boy who taught her the game few years ago. they met again but this time the boys had played around with her feelings. She planned to take revenge against him. I really enjoyed reading this manga although the english scanlation is still not finished since the love triangle in the story is good. You won't know who's ending up with who until you're there towards the ending.

Bokura Ga Ita. This one is pretty popular. I'm unsure if you're currently reading this one already but this is one of my favourite mangas. The story is about young love and how these couple will go through all the trials that come between them.

Crazy For You. Uhmmm.... let's see, this isn't really love triangle, more like love pentangon. lol. really, 5 people are involved. who gets who in the end, its for you to read and find out :D

Sprout. this girl's family has had their house rented. this guy at her school happens to be renting at her place. she kinda developed feelings for him even though she already has a boyfriend. wooot.

><; there's this manga i'm looking for .

i read it awhile ago. and i cant remember the title. T___T but i want it. it was about this couple ? they were in high school. and this guy, he was dark skinned. o---o i believe . and like .

IDONTKNOW . all i remember was like people thought he was a delinquent because he looked like one ? dark skinned . had like o--o a ribbon thing wrapped around his head to hold up his spikey hair ? something like that .

its basically about their struggle as a couple. i think. T___T darn my bad memory . can anyone help ? [:

i really enjoy anything historical, action, adventure with some romance too lol

so far ive read/am reading: Shin Angyo Onshi, Red River/Anatolia Story

i think im going to start/try: Bride of the Water God

other stuff i enjoy are fantasy related: Full Metal Alchemist, Claymore

i've read many other mangas/manhwas though i dont remember them all... lol

(i have a tendency to lose interest in mangas that are only romance or shojo (?) i need action! adventure! lol!)

Guest sweetgirl_121

i really enjoy anything historical, action, adventure with some romance too lol

so far ive read/am reading: Shin Angyo Onshi, Red River/Anatolia Story

i think im going to start/try: Bride of the Water God

other stuff i enjoy are fantasy related: Full Metal Alchemist, Claymore

i've read many other mangas/manhwas though i dont remember them all... lol

(i have a tendency to lose interest in mangas that are only romance or shojo (?) i need action! adventure! lol!)

here are some manga I picked from my list:

Monochrome Factor

Zettai Karen Children

Kanata Kara

Merupuri

Seimaden

Akira

07-Ghost

^ to add to that list. i heard eden:it's an endless world is pretty good as well.

it's on mangavolume. i'm reading first volume at the moment.. and i like it.

does anyone know where i could find akira's scanlations without downloading?

ahhhh i need more things to read T^T and again...

dark, taboo love suits my taste more. doesn't have

to be, just manga or manhwa that has more of a serious tone.

similar to...

-flowers of evil

-bride of the water god

-Tsumi Ni Nureta Futari

-haou airen

-Kinjirareta Ai no Kajitsu

and lol i'm obviously fine with smut xP

-Rebecca

similar to...

-flowers of evil

-bride of the water god

-Tsumi Ni Nureta Futari

-haou airen

-Rebecca

uhmmm let's see....~~~

have you read Koizora? It's about a high school girl who fell in love with this guy. Things just went out of the loop when these two fought their love against all odds. I loved the movie which made me read the manga but the latter is way torture to read, at least for me it is. =.= The dark love story this manga has just went beyond my simple mind, lol. However, this is still on my reading list. and don't let my negativity stop you for giving it a try. LOL.

Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu. Hmmm~ i think this fits the dark theme you wanted. It's about a boy who`ll die at the age of 20. He has a girlfriend who loves him so much and yea, he loves her too which then becomes the reason why he kept hurting her knowing he`ll leave her very soon.

Mars - pretty old school but still one of my favourites. The graphics aren't that great but I think this manga is just a masterpiece :D

It's a story about a girl who fears men and a guy who's just being carefree.

help! i'm a really big fan of horror, disturbing, action mangas :lol: i've already read the following:

-High School of the Dead

-Book Club

-Goth

-Elfren Lied

and many others that i forgot >.<

does anyone know any good horror mangas? i would love to hear your recommendations ^-^

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

help! i'm a really big fan of horror, disturbing, action mangas :lol: i've already read the following:

-High School of the Dead

-Book Club

-Goth

-Elfren Lied

and many others that i forgot >.<

does anyone know any good horror mangas? i would love to hear your recommendations ^-^

Abara- complex plot, revolves around Gaunas (creatures with ability to reshape their bones to something like armor and weaponry)..lots of ugly transformations and metamorphoses.

Bizenghast- Dinah lives with her aunt in an old house and knows about an old graveyard full of souls and she has to help them or she turns to one of them

Doubt- Each character is killed off every one in a while, sick and twisted really..i'm in love with this manga :D

Mirai Nikki- Amano is a loner and he starts thinking of imaginary friends like Deux Ex Machina and makes his cellphone diary record things that'll happen in the future. It's very psychological..kinda like Death Note but not really xD and then it all starts be a game...

Guest sweetgirl_121

similar to...

-flowers of evil

-bride of the water god

-Tsumi Ni Nureta Futari

-haou airen

-Rebecca

I don't read taboo but I read dark:

Akira

Blue Heaven

Coelacanth

Doubt

Dragon Head

Deadman Wonderland

Abara- complex plot, revolves around Gaunas (creatures with ability to reshape their bones to something like armor and weaponry)..lots of ugly transformations and metamorphoses.

Bizenghast- Dinah lives with her aunt in an old house and knows about an old graveyard full of souls and she has to help them or she turns to one of them

Doubt- Each character is killed off every one in a while, sick and twisted really..i'm in love with this manga :D

Mirai Nikki- Amano is a loner and he starts thinking of imaginary friends like Deux Ex Machina and makes his cellphone diary record things that'll happen in the future. It's very psychological..kinda like Death Note but not really xD and then it all starts be a game...

Thanks a lot! i'll try to read all your recommendations :)

Doubt sounds like a very interesting manga, how many chapters does it have?

thanks again for the help! :)

Guest LittleShine

i read this scanlation and forgot what it was called

its about this girl who supposely marries this guy that she seen pictures of when she was little

when she turns of age she is to marry him or something

she meets him but the guy is all tied up

and he is really different from what she imagine

they are stuck at this house and tries to escape the marriage or something

I think the manga your talking about is called Ojousama wa Oyomesama

Its a really good shoujo manga. The typical love story.

Guest (craft)

hey, guys.

i'm having a hard time finding a new anime to watch since i'm so picky. can use some recommendations. ^^ pleeaase!

i'm really not into high-school-boy-meets-high-school-girl-type of anime, and i'm not really into vampires either.

i love drama, depth, sarcasm, and those moments of humor that come from a funny line or two.

so requirements: good story, art, characters, voice acting, lines/quotes, music.

some animes i really enjoy are...

Gundam Seed/Destiny

Cowboy Bebop

Full Metal Alchemist

NANA

Rurouni Kenshin

Skip Beat

Yu Yu Hakusho

Prince of Tennis

Naruto

Death Note

Guest AngelEagle

hey, guys.

i'm having a hard time finding a new anime to watch since i'm so picky. can use some recommendations. ^^ pleeaase!

i'm really not into high-school-boy-meets-high-school-girl-type of anime, and i'm not really into vampires either.

i love drama, depth, sarcasm, and those moments of humor that come from a funny line or two.

so requirements: good story, art, characters, voice acting, lines/quotes, music.

i recommend:

La Corda D'oro ~primo passo~
-- this one pretty much has all the requirements. it has a really good story, so good looking characters, the art is amazing, voice acting was good too, and wonderful music, but the setting is high school. even though the setting was high school the story is not aroud the high-school-boy-meets-high-school-girl. it doesn't talk about much of high school too. it talks about competetion in classical music. you will love this one even more if you'll interested in playing any music instrument, and if you're a person who love music. (sorry for pretty lame description)

Code Geass
-- i see that you like GS/GSD. this one kinda like GS/GSD because it was also about mobile suits or something like that, and i guess it was much better than GS/GSD. it was really great anime. i can say that it was worth watching. it fit your requirements perfectly. i remember spazzling about the characters.

Full Moon wo sagash!te
-- this one brings me back my love to anime. it has a really good story, great characters, and amazing music. i remember being addicted to all the songs in this anime. it was about a 12 year old girl who really really wants to sing but she can't because she has something on her throat that makes it hard for her to sing then a shinigami appears and promise to help her fulfill her dream.

enjoy! and sorry for lame descriptions!

----☀----☀----☀----

Hi everyone i'm gonna ask for help again.

can anyone recommend me a really cute/romantic manga that already made into anime but continue on manga? kinda like gakuen alice, skip beat, la corda.

and also i don't know if its the right place to ask (since i can't find the official thread) if what chapter does Gakuen Alice (the anime) stop in the manga. i wanted to continue reading the manga where the anime stop. (i'm currently reading it from the start but it i wanted to continue where the anime stop)