Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest c0lap1nada

lol right now i can only think of one...

La Corda D'oro- music-centric, has a special department for music students apart from regular classes.

=/ Read that already.. really good though hahaa.

^Have you tried "FIVE"? It had a SA feel with smart people around her and literally "SPECIAL A" class. :lol: However, as much as I enjoyed SA, I sadly dropped this one. Guess I had too much expectation after reading SA. Then again, don't let it stop you from trying it; maybe you will like it :D

Hey everyone! Does anyone know of a one-shot romance manga/manwa with good art? No yuri/yaoi please and I want some really cute love story. Not really in the mood for some long read so I prefer one-shots???

uhhhhhmmm i've created a thread for oneshot http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247900

although i really can't assure you that all of them are romance/good graphics but majority are and almost all the recommended ones there were liked by people who posted on that thread, so please feel free to check that thread out. and no yuri/yaoi on that thread :P (I`m still on the process of adding link images on the first page but yea, im just lazzzzy ^_^)

Guest Jooliyah

Any mangas/manhwas similar to Ouran Host Club & Special A?

Like.. the whole 'special class' or 'rich kids have so much time' thing?

I can't think of anymore "special class" manga, but here are some recommended rich guy mangas:

Hana ni Arashi

Kiss/Hug

Private Prince - if you like a little smut~

Desire Climax - also a bit smutty

Sorry if that wasn't what you were aiming for.

Edit: I just remembered there's a yaoi version of Private Prince. I'm recommending the one by Enjouji Maki :3

Hey everyone! Does anyone know of a one-shot romance manga/manwa with good art? No yuri/yaoi please and I want some really cute love story. Not really in the mood for some long read so I prefer one-shots???

Haruki Bus - oneshot compilation, but I only recommend the first story.

Shuu 7 - oneshot compilation, all the stories were pretty good~

Itazura Ouji - if you like those cliche rich bad boy/ innocent girl plots.

Nanairo Sekai - oneshot compilation, but I only recommend the first story.

Nemunoki no Geshukusou - about a girl who doesn't trust boys, so her dad builds a robot for her, but is her dad really that good of an engineer...?

Apple-Cheek Love - oneshot compilation, all the stories are worth reading.

Haikei, Nanashi-sama - about a girl who exchanges letters with an unknown person by placing them in a book, a situation similar to her favorite story

Bye-Bye Love-Letter - about a girl who constantly writes love letters for her crush, but will she ever give one to him?

Guest Jaejoongsgirl<3

hey i forgot the manga title can someone help....

its about a girl who falls in love with her future step-brother. and her mom was teacher. i think please can anyone help please. sorry i read it 3-4 years ago so i dont remember much but that was pretty much the main point can someone help please.

thanks

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

^ what was the genre? anything special/memorable name/place/title on the manga?

right now i can only think of Akuma de Sourou and i'm sure that's not it =___=

Guest Jooliyah

hey i forgot the manga title can someone help....

its about a girl who falls in love with her future step-brother. and her mom was teacher. i think please can anyone help please. sorry i read it 3-4 years ago so i dont remember much but that was pretty much the main point can someone help please.

thanks

The only step-brother love mangas I can think of at the moment are:

Akuma de Sourou as ^ said

Marmalade Boy

Auto Focus

Yoru Made Matenai

Cherry Juice

Kojin Jugyou

Uwasa no Risky Boy

Yeah, more info would be helpful :/

Guest c0lap1nada

I haven't read it myself, but you could try The Gentleman's Alliance Cross. You might have heard of it.

Hehe yeah I've read it already. Didn't enjoy it too much.. Arina Tanemura's art is nice, but I usually never like her plots.. :X

Guest c0lap1nada

You read all the popular ones already, huh? Lol. How about these, they all involve some sort of elite school:

Imadoki! by Yuu Watase

Yuu Watase's pretty popular so you probably read this one as well. :P

Sh!tsuji-sama no Okiniiri

Full House Kiss

Gakuen Alice

Milk Crown

Hahaha I hateee Yuu Watase's drawings. Can't stand them, so I don't read 'em.

Unfortunately I've read the other ones.. except for Milk Crown. =X Looks okay, I'll give it a try.

Guest Tai-chan

Can anyone suggest a good anime?

-With action, shounen, not too sad(preferably with more comedy), not much ecchi/nudity either, good graphics, not mecha/robots related.

-Like Bleach, Getbackers, or Law of Ueki?

-Maybe a good sports anime too ^^ Nothing with baseball, soccer, or golf though. And I've already seen Eyeshield and Prince of Tennis :]

sorry I'm super picky >.<

Guest ~fantasygurl~

hi i was wondering where i can read anime/manga/video games doushinji aka doujin

i want to read the non-hentai ones if possible and i really want the cutsie ones and thanks!

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

-With action, shounen, not too sad(preferably with more comedy), not much ecchi/nudity either, good graphics, not mecha/robots related.

-Maybe a good sports anime too ^^ Nothing with baseball, soccer, or golf though. And I've already seen Eyeshield and Prince of Tennis :]

Kurosh*tsuji? it has action, it's definitely shounen, not too sad (and has a lot of comedic moments), no ecchi and nudity, awesome graphics and totally not mecha. :D as for an ongoing show, 07-Ghost? since it definitely fits your description. And probably History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi too ^^

as for sports anime...:X i don't really watch animes in this genre a lot...but i've watched Hajime no Ippo and it's kinda good. It's about boxing btw. And History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi also is about Martial arts so i guess it fits sports too :X

Guest tenken

hey i haven't been keeping up with the manga/anime scene since Death Note and Nodame. What manga is in right now?

Could anyone reccommend a good historical, samurai shonen manga like Kenshin and Peacemaker? Or a psych thriller like Liar Games and Death Note? Or something music related like Piano No Mori & Mozart doesn't write lullabies?

thnx in advance

I LOVED ZODIAC P.I1!!!!

i really like mangas and animes that either horror, psychological thrillers and i ADORE mangas and animes that have to do with astrology and zodiac signss....

got any good ones for me?

Guest Jooliyah

I don't watch a lot of anime, but from what I've read and heard from my friends, these are pretty good:

D.Gray-Man - Follows Allen and his quest to defeat the Millenium Earl and Akumas with his anti-Akuma weapon.

Claymore - About Claymores who are young women that as part youma (demons that disguise themselves as humans) exterminate youma.

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles - With the help of his companions, Syaoran travels different dimensions in order to retrieve Princess Sakura's memories that are in the form of feathers.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - The famous hitman Reborn trains the meek Tsuna to be the next mafia leader. (I guess you could say there is a little bit of nudity, puahaha)

Zombie Loan - Follows Michiru who has shinigami eyes which allows her to see the rings of death on people's necks. With this ability she helps her two classmates who should have died in the past work as Shinigamis.

Sorry if you've already watched them :<

Guest Twinny

Could anyone recommend me an anime that is similar with ''Nana'', ''Paradise Kiss'' or ''Fruit Basket''? Like more drama and not so much fanatsy or magic things.

^Try Cat Street. It's about a girl, who used to be a child star, who now shuts herself in away from people (including family and friends). One day she meets a man who introduced her El Liston, a free school for children like her. There she meets people who will gradually change her. Although the manga focuses more on character self-development, I always love the romance in this story. It wasn't something I predicted from the start.

Kare Kano - this is pretty old and im not sure if you've read this one already but doesn't hurt to mention it again ^^. Smart Girl meets smart boy. At first she hated him and sees him as a rival but there seemed to be more than what this smart boy than he appears to be.

Mars - one of my favourites. It's about a girl who has phobia of men. In her class, this playboy seemed to have taken an interest in her after seeing her mother-son portrait.

H (Eichi) - not really my cup of tea but somehow is still on my reading list ^^. It's about a girl who just transferred to a new school. She's aloof and her mind seemed to be always somewhere. Then there's the teacher in her class who turned out to be a host at night.

Parfait Tic - ohhhh lots of drama :lol: about a girl who happens to be living next door with two cousins. Things went 180 degrees for her after meeting these cousins.

OOOOOPPSSS, sorry, i typed all these after reading you're actually looking for anime....... :sweatingbullets:

anyways, I don't really watch anime that much but here are the ones off the top of my head:

Bokura Ga Ita - all about recovering from the pain of the past. This is a highschool romance anime

Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien - one of the sad animes I have seen. Like Bokura Ga Ita, the main plot is recovering from the pain of the past....

Suzuka - a boy who falls in love with this girl. I don't remember much about this anime cuz I only watched this because the art was beautiful. :P

5 Centimeters Per Second - auuugh~ too slow =.= not my cup of tea but it did give us the reality of life. It's about a boy and the story of his first love. Then we get to see the life he had as a grown up man.

Guest youraDouche.

can some1 recommend me a story a romance story with a demon & a human haha ?

dunno why, but i really like reading those these days hehe :'D

mangas/anime dat i already read (dat i can think of no3 haha):

Akuma to Dolce

Hana To Akuma

Inusyaha - watched da anime

Vampire Knight

Samurai Depper Kyo

Guest Krunchii

Can anybody recommend me a manga/anime that has a lot of action, kinda fastpaced and kinda dark? Like with a more serious storyline?