Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

^These might seem familiar and you might have known about this already, but it doesn't hurt to mention it again ^_^

Bokura Ga Ita - It's a love story that started in high school and spans for over 7 years (if you count both college and high school years, that is :D) One of my favourites.

Nana - about two girls who share the same name Nana. Again, one of my all time favourites.

Lovely Complex - about a boy who is shorter than the boys' average height and a girl who's taller than girls' average height.

Good Morning Call - I swear there's an anime for this but when I looked at the mangaupdates, http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=32 , they didn't mention anything about it. =.= so weird. but yea~ ive seen the anime for this a loooong time ago. its about a girl who moved into an apartment because her parents moved out of town. much to her surprise, she`ll be now living with the guy who's popular at her school.

Ultra Maniac - about a witch who came to an ordinary school. she`s kinda in a low class level witch and so to improve her skills, she's going to get her skills tested in human world or something like that (:sweatingbullets: been a long time ive read this)

Fruits Basket - I swear, this is just so popular and you might have read it but I just wanted to mention it since I loved the ending,. LOL

hey all:)

would anyone recommend me to actually finish these animes?

kyou kara maou

nana

paradise kiss

love hina

pretear

I've only seen about 1-3 episodes of them a loooooooooooong time ago, and I didn't get into them at all o___o;

so would it be worth it? Like the 117? episodes of KKM PLUS the OVAs?

Also~ I would like to update my have read list 8D

And if there are any more mangas/manhwas you would recommend me to read after seeing my list, feel free to post!
:D
Manga:

7th period is a secret

Daydream World

Moe Kare

Cat Street

Koukou Debut

Enren Debut

Happy Hustle High

Backstage Prince

Meroama Lecture

Bloody Kiss

Ai Hime ~ Ai to Himegoto

Vampire Knight

Faster than a kiss

Otomen

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu

Flowers of Evil

Kitchen Princess

Kiss/Hug

Bride of the Water God

Thousand Years of Snow

Love Berrish

I think I've read all of these since 2009 started LOLLL. I love all of them ♥♥

Bishies galore XD

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

Hi everyone i'm gonna ask for help again.

can anyone recommend me a really cute/romantic manga that already made into anime but continue on manga? kinda like gakuen alice, skip beat, la corda.

and also i don't know if its the right place to ask (since i can't find the official thread) if what chapter does Gakuen Alice (the anime) stop in the manga. i wanted to continue reading the manga where the anime stop. (i'm currently reading it from the start but it i wanted to continue where the anime stop)

manga turned into anime but still is being continued on manga?

adk about romantic but Kuro-shi-tsuji is definitely cute (and dark at the same time)

...i guess i see a little bit of romance between Ciel and Sebastian but that's from my assumption that you don't like shotacon :X

kyou kara maou

nana

paradise kiss

love hina

pretear

I've only seen about 1-3 episodes of them a loooooooooooong time ago, and I didn't get into them at all o___o;

i really recommend finishing Kyou Kara Maou since i personally enjoyed it a lot. the humor got me hooked...it's not really all funny stuff, but it did get me hooked. it's not focused entirely on romance too, which i wasn't expecting since most of the other animes in those plots have romance (fushigi, escaflowne...) where person gets transported into another world develops love for a certain person there...

Guest sweetgirl_121

hey, guys.

i'm having a hard time finding a new anime to watch since i'm so picky. can use some recommendations. ^^ pleeaase!

i'm really not into high-school-boy-meets-high-school-girl-type of anime, and i'm not really into vampires either.

i love drama, depth, sarcasm, and those moments of humor that come from a funny line or two.

so requirements: good story, art, characters, voice acting, lines/quotes, music.

u might like these animes:

- RahXephon

- Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor

- Dennou Coil

- princess tutu (this anime would start as a cute typical maho shoujo but believe me the second part is something else )

- Seirei no Moribito

- Macross Frontier

- Last Exile

- Le Chevalier D'Eon

- Eureka Seven

- Reideen

- Red Garden

hey, guys.

i'm having a hard time finding a new anime to watch since i'm so picky. can use some recommendations. ^^ pleeaase!

i'm really not into high-school-boy-meets-high-school-girl-type of anime, and i'm not really into vampires either.

i love drama, depth, sarcasm, and those moments of humor that come from a funny line or two.

so requirements: good story, art, characters, voice acting, lines/quotes, music.

some animes i really enjoy are...

Here are a few that I also enjoyed....

Blood+ - really good storytelling, amazing plot and the character development is completely there ^^

Fantastic Children - besides the old fashioned animation..... everything else about the plot, story, characters, is EPIC! I don't know how else to describe how much I LOVE this anime =) It has adventure, action, mystery, romance and most of all, it's just a really well rounded anime

Rozen Maiden - I don't recommend this one often since it's quite a different show.... it's about living dolls and the reason I love it so much is because it's different. It's not a strong plot driven anime with more character development and a different view on life ^^ The animation is BEAUTIFUL as well and I just love the character design

kyou kara maou

nana

paradise kiss

love hina

pretear

I recommend continuing Nana =) It's one of my favourite anime (not the top 7 but close enough) and the story is REALLY well driven by it's characters. I fell in love with the entire cast and it's kinda realistic in the way the characters react to situations and grow.

The only bad side is that it's not technically "finished".... the last ep (ep 47 I think?) isn't a solid ending because the manga is ongoing. But what's made of the 47 eps is REALLY well done and it really makes you think a bit ^^

--xoxo.

TM

Guest AngelEagle

13infamyss - Thank you so much for your help i'll definately read those ones you recommend. they were really seem interesting. Fruit Basket was one of my all time favorite anime and manga. i remember saving money just to buy the manga and the DVD.

tvxqslave - Thanks a lot! you are always open to help everyone. Thanks! kuro-shi-tsugi seems interesting. does the title have the "dash" between its name or you just did that because of soompi filter?

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

tvxqslave - Thanks a lot! you are always open to help everyone. Thanks! kuro-shi-tsugi seems interesting. does the title have the "dash" between its name or you just did that because of soompi filter?

The first dash was intentional, the second was for the filter xD although it's more popularly called as just Kurosh!tsuji...or Black Butler. It got me hooked with just the premise alone :X

and lol, thanks! putting my addiction into good use :D

Guest cor44

Can any sailor moon or princess tutu fans please recommend any anime that they really liked?

I've asked before, but I wanted to see what other responses I could get. ^^;

They're my two favorites, and I'm having a hard time finding anything else that interests me so much.

Also, I'm planning on watching Fruits Basket once I finish princess tutu. :D

^uhmm~ these are old school animes.

have you seen wedding peach?

when i first saw the first episode, this really reminded me of sailor moon. its about 3 girls who transforms to some wedding garments and fights against evil. they were looking for some missing wedding items (I think.... :sweatingbullets: memory fails =.=)

then there's kaitou jeanne - story about a girl who transforms into a magical girl phantom thief to collect the scattered pieces of God captured by Demons in works of art (credit: wiki)

nana

Also~ I would like to update my have read list 8D

And if there are any more mangas/manhwas you would recommend me to read after seeing my list, feel free to post! :D

I would suggest if you just read the manga than watching the anime of NANA. well, im in no position to say the anime isn't any good or whatever since i didn't finish watching it (stopped at ep 5) but the manga is like my all time favourites. plus, the story in the manga went passed the anime's story. and I loved Ren more in the manga. he looked hotter. LOL

onto the manga recommendations:

these two are just some of the stuff I am soo crazy about lately. ^^

Dengeki Daisy - Its about a girl whose brother recently died. Her brother promised that someone will take over his place and protect her at all cost. His name is Daisy, a famous hacker.

Hana to Akuma - a devil who went to live in the human world. He accidently found an abandoned child. He named her Hana.

I am so inlove with these two mangas and I suggest everyone should give these a try. :wub:

Guest aatu

Ouran High School Host Club

Gundam 00

Soul Eater

Toradora!

E7

Code Geass

Romeo x Juliet

Sword of the Stranger

Miyazaki's films

Blood: the last vampire

Tsubasa OVAs

Darker than Black

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Honey and Clover

Azumanga Daiou

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Clannad

film

Those are my favorites (not really the yellows)... for someone with that taste, would you recommend watching D-Gray Man, Vampire Knight, Blood +, Devil May Cry, Getsumen To Heiki Miina, Shikabane Hime, Baccano, Tengen Toppa Gurren??

I hear those titles time to time...

can anyone recommend me some anime movies too??

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

Can any sailor moon or princess tutu fans please recommend any anime that they really liked?

I've asked before, but I wanted to see what other responses I could get. ^^;

They're my two favorites, and I'm having a hard time finding anything else that interests me so much.

Also, I'm planning on watching Fruits Basket once I finish princess tutu. :D

Sugar Sugar Rune

Ultra Maniac - i sort of liked it back then xD

Puchi Puri Yuushi

Gakuen Alice

Those are my favorites (not really the yellows)... for someone with that taste, would you recommend watching D-Gray Man, Vampire Knight, Blood +, Devil May Cry, Getsumen To Heiki Miina, Shikabane Hime, Baccano, Tengen Toppa Gurren??

I hear those titles time to time...

I recommend Blood +, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, D-Gray Man and Vampire Knight. I think they're great, plot-wise and art-wise ^^ As for Devil May Cry, i don't know but i feel like it's some sort of slice of life evil style anime... you know what i mean? Like, for 8-9 episodes or so, it's all about Dante and him taking orders from his clients, about how cool he is...etc etc. it's not as badass as i thought it would be. Shikabane Hime...honestly i'm not much of a fan of the first season altough..once you get to the second season, you'll realize the first season was important :X The cliffhangers (and the great plot development that i hated all along) made me want to watch the raws, i remember xD

and also, can anyone reach the Kuroshi-tsuji thread? the link on the anime list isn't working....and it doesn't show up when i googled it :X

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

^ Peach Girl? i don't really watch animes in this genre... but i do recommend Peach Girl. And maybe Clannad -After Story- too, although i also recommend you watch the first season Clannad too since After Story is a direct continuation xD

...so... can anyone find the working link for Kuromini coopersuji? please? =___=

^I found this one.

http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtop...mode=linearplus

then again the person who replied gave a dead link. :(

Can someone recommend me mangas similar to bokura ga ita?

you should check out Suki Kirai Suki, same mangaka of BGI and it definitely gave me the "bokura ga ita" feel.

It's about high school love story again where you can never guess what the boy is thinking just like Yano. very cute.

Kimi no Kachi. same mangaka again. but this one volume just consists of oneshots. I love the first story the most.

It's a about a girl who doesn't like this boy in her class because she has seen some of his bad traits.

I always loved Obata Yuuki's stories. They always somehow remind me of my high school life. LOL.

then there's Kiss, Zekkou, Kiss which had a sequel Kiss, Zekkou, Kiss Bokura no Baai. Its such a pity that the manga is still not fully english scanlated up to now cuz I really like this manga (I'm referring to the sequel). The art isn't that great but what made me enjoy this story is how the mangaka showed both of the couple's perspectives and not just one sided. You`ll see two different sides of their love story.

Guest tokix7

i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask

but does anyone know the title of the manga about the boy who was bullied for a very long time

so he decides to jsut quit going to school

and he learns from a book how to box

and he can beat up thugs with jsut one or two punches

thank you!

i really recommend finishing
Kyou Kara Maou
since i personally enjoyed it a lot. the humor got me hooked...it's not really all funny stuff, but it did get me hooked. it's not focused entirely on romance too, which i wasn't expecting since most of the other animes in those plots have romance (fushigi, escaflowne...) where person gets transported into another world develops love for a certain person there...
ohh, okay thanks for the input
I remember it being funny though too. I guess I wanted something more with romance. but I'll try watching it again~

I recommend continuing Nana =) It's one of my favourite anime (not the top 7 but close enough) and the story is REALLY well driven by it's characters. I fell in love with the entire cast and it's kinda realistic in the way the characters react to situations and grow.

The only bad side is that it's not technically "finished".... the last ep (ep 47 I think?) isn't a solid ending because the manga is ongoing. But what's made of the 47 eps is REALLY well done and it really makes you think a bit ^^

--xoxo.

TM
that's good to hear. I remember watching the first episode and practically falling asleep D: I always hear people say how good it is but I never got around to giving it another chance. I'll do that soon though, thanks! 8D

I would suggest if you just read the manga than watching the anime of NANA. well, im in no position to say the anime isn't any good or whatever since i didn't finish watching it (stopped at ep 5) but the manga is like my all time favourites. plus, the story in the manga went passed the anime's story. and I loved Ren more in the manga. he looked hotter. LOL

onto the manga recommendations:

these two are just some of the stuff I am soo crazy about lately. ^^

Dengeki Daisy - Its about a girl whose brother recently died. Her brother promised that someone will take over his place and protect her at all cost. His name is Daisy, a famous hacker.

Hana to Akuma - a devil who went to live in the human world. He accidently found an abandoned child. He named her Hana.

I am so inlove with these two mangas and I suggest everyone should give these a try.
:wub:
LOL, yeah I agree, Ren looked hoottt. I hear the manga has quite the quotable quotes, lol. about love and all that. sounds good.
:P

Ooooh, I've seen those threads on the first page once and I bookmarked it already lol. they both sound good, since you recommend it, I'll get to reading it too~ thankssss ^^

I've recently started watching the first season of
Clannad
, and it's reeeeally cute. I like it a lot lol.

Tomoyaaaa<3

the funny parts really make me LOL, forreal.

I read that the
After Story
is so much better though?

And the
Air
anime that was created by the same company was extremely good too. I have so much to catch up with this summer haha.

at least I won't be bored XD

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

^I found this one.

http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtop...mode=linearplus

then again the person who replied gave a dead link. :(

=___= thanks anyways D: i guess i'd go start one again...no way i'll let Black Butler not have it's own place here xD

ohh, okay thanks for the input
I remember it being funny though too. I guess I wanted something more with romance. but I'll try watching it again~

I've recently started watching the first season of
Clannad
, and it's reeeeally cute. I like it a lot lol.

Tomoyaaaa<3

the funny parts really make me LOL, forreal.

I read that the
After Story
is so much better though?

And the
Air
anime that was created by the same company was extremely good too. I have so much to catch up with this summer haha.

at least I won't be bored XD

Yes, After Story imo...is better than the first one :D