Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

can someone recommend me a mature manhwa? or manga?

with beautiful drawings and taboo and dark love?

lol i'm probably asking for a lot but something that's similar to the

flowers of evil =)

i need a refreshment after reading too many romance/comedy mangas

-Rebecca

You might want to try other works by Lee Hyunsook, the same manhwa-ka of Flowers of Evil :D

Really?!

11482l.jpg

Mi Ryu has a gorgeous mother, a new stepfather,and she’s suddenly attracted to her new stepbrother, or is it stepbrothers?

The Shadow of Moon

7108l.jpg

i couldn't find the summary for the second one though...

Also, i've read Life by Keiko Suenobu. It's about this girl, Ayumi who surpasses her best friend and she gets into her high school choice while her best friend doesnt and they kind of fall apart and she starts being suicidal and all. She makes friends with Minami at her new high school...and send her into a deeper hole.

hope that helps! i can't help with raws/scanlations though.... since i buy manga/manhwa myself and i don't have a scanner T___T.

하백의 신부
(Bride of the Water God)

It's been a long time since I've seen this anime and I might not remember much but X1999 is about a boy who has the power to choose which one to save. either the earth or heaven. both heaven and earth are lead by someone powerful. I think the main guy is the heaven's leader and he has 6 or 7 protectors. I think the earth is the "bad guy" here. It's a good anime and great artwork too since its made by Clamp (Card Captor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth). Try checking it out sometime despite of my horrible summary
;)

You're welcome! I'm glad to help
:)
Anyways, to answer your question. This one is Koukou Debut. It's about a girl who just recently entered High School and wishes to have a boyfriend. However, she doesn't know how to dress up and acting tomoy-ish. That guy in the picture will eventually become her "coach"..... to become pretty and attractive.

I'm not sure about this one but this looks like a work of Misayaka Kaho
/FACEPALM

i KNEW it. i just read both of these not too long ago and i completely forgot the names. i should probably write them down, lol.

thanks to both of you!
:)

^

and
Really?!
sounds intereeeesting. should add to my to-read list
:D

gosh, i'm such a sucker for bishies >___< LOL

Guest . : - Super Nikita - : .

can someone recommend me an anime similar to code geass and gundam? more of the mecca type thing. :]

or something like a psychological thriller. thank you!

I just finished reading this anime+movie 2 days ago. I think all have seen this already except me :P but anyways, have you tried "Death Note"?

My friends have been recommending me to see the movie or at least read or watch the manga/anime since it's very good but I'm not really the type to read shounen =.= It took me 2 years to actually watch the movie (and that happened 2 days ago). It's sooooo good! I regretted ignoring it for 2 years.

Death note is about a highschool genius who is bored with his life and just want some changes to it. He keeps saying "The world is rotting"; then he saw a notebook falling off ground. The book is titled "Death Note". Anyone who writes a name of a person in that book will die. He thought it was just one of those chain letters; he tested it with killing a criminal he saw on TV. It worked. Now he's infamous with killing every criminal he sees on TV or internet. Someone is about to stop his "devilish" act. This now turn into a battle between the self-proclaimed god and the self-proclaimed justice.

I enjoyed watching both anime and movie as they do twist my mind. LMAO. Both leading characters are trying to read each other's mind and the winning one sure is smarter and tricker. Just one mistake from their psychological analysis, that opponent is totally done for.

I am not a fan of shounen anime/manga but this is one of those that really amuses me. I'm currently reading the manga. ^^

can someone recommend me a mature manhwa? or manga?

with beautiful drawings and taboo and dark love?

here are some mangas ;)

Tsumi Ni Nureta Futari - It's about a girl who went to Rome after her break up with her boyfriend. There she finds a Japanese man who yelled at her faults. Sometime during her stay, this guy and her had a one night stand. When she returns, her mom introduced to her long lost younger brother and that younger brother is non-other than the guy she slept with in Rome O.O

Boku wa Imouto ni Koiwosuru - It's about a boy who just can't stop his feelings for his twin sister. I`d say this one has more twisted story compared to "The Flower of Evil". Or maybe they're just as the same? :unsure: because in this manga, you get to know what's running in the main guy's mind; like how much he wanted and long to sleep with his sister and what not.

They are all smuts ^__^ so if you don't mind reading mangas with graphic-sex, then i really suggest you read these two mangas. I like Tsumi ni Nureta Futari among all the taboo manga/manwhas i read.

Guest aiCheerio

can someone recommend me an anime similar to code geass and gundam? more of the mecca type thing. :]

Maybe Spiral? Chaos;Head and Welcome to the NHK(not so sure about this one) are psychological thriller i think but are rated R lol.

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

80266527.jpg

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor

Tatsumiyajima is the central island in the middle of a small cluster of islands, in a sleepy backwater of the Japanese isles. Not much happens there, and the island's young people go to school knowing that their lives are likely to remain peaceful and undisturbed. Or so they have been taught... but the truth is different. The fate of mankind is on the line, and Tatsumiyajima is the last line of defense against a hostile and incomprehensible enemy. At the center of it all, fighting for Humanity's continued existence, is the giant robot Fafner, the dragon that guards this final treasure of mankind.

9712.jpg

Neon Genesis Evangelion

In the year 2015, the Angels, huge, tremendously powerful, alien war machines, appear in Tokyo for the second time. The only hope for Mankind`s survival lies in the Evangelion, a humanoid fighting machine developed by NERV, a special United Nations agency. Capable of withstanding anything the Angels can dish out, the Evangelion`s one drawback lies in the limited number of people able to pilot them. Only a handful of teenagers, all born fourteen years ago, nine months after the Angels first appeared, are able to interface with the Evangelion. One such teenager is Shinji Ikari, whose father heads the NERV team that developed and maintains the Evangelion. Thrust into a maelstrom of battle and events that he does not understand, Shinji is forced to plumb the depths of his own inner resources for the courage and strength to not only fight, but to survive, or risk losing everything.

165f.jpg

RahXephon

In the year 2012 Japan was invaded by the Mu.Human-like biengs from another dimension with blue blood.

In the year 2015 Tokyo is attacked by invaders,who are repelled by a humanoid weapon called a dolem.During the chaos Ayato Kamina meets Reika Mishima,a girl whom he had never met but painted the morning before. During that same day he is attacked by government offcials and a woman named Haruka comes to his rescue,informing him that she was sent to get him by the Organization TERRA and that Tokyo had been sealed in a timerift where time flows one third as fast as the outside world. He flees from Haruka onto a train where he sees Reika once more.Arriving at the Room of Rah he follows her to a tremendous egg where the dolem Rahxephon is hatched from upon her singing just before his mother appears atop the dolem that had stopped the TERRA Invasion.In the battle Ayato's mother is injured and Ayato flees Tokyo Jupiter with Haruka upon seeing her blue blood.

9743.jpg

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

In a futuristic world where the internet and cybernetics has blurred the borders between societies; the members of Public Security Section 9 are reinstated to assist in solving numerous cases of cyber crime.

A spate of similar crimes committed by separate suicidal groups known as "The Individual Eleven" becomes the core focus for Section 9 as war approaches in the form of refugees flooding into the country.

and

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040

Escaflowne

Gasaraki

Full Metal Panic

Geneshaft

Thanks for replying!!! i would try to watch clannad.

i just watch the ep. 1 of second season of La Corda and I totally can't wait for ep. 2 but unfortunately it will be aired in june 5th adn i really can't find anything to watch. can you recommend me some more anime?? where the a lot guys like the lead girl like La corda? an anime that can make you squeal and make you feel so in love.

i'm really desperate to find some anime like that. pls help

Haha! That's why I try and only watch finished anime =X I don't plan to watch La Corda until it finishes airing >_> but it'll be only 2 eps so that's sorta sad...

More anime? With a lot of guys? o_O Uh.... well I'm not sure how many you've watched but the mainstream ones are

Ouran HSHC with A TON of guys and one girl haha =) It's cute but I hate how open-ended the anime is

Saiunkoku Monogatari also has a lot of guys but it's not primarily romance..... it has a lot of talk about law and females trying to work in a male dominated society, it's interesting but if you're into more anime, you might find it confusing or boring? >_> There ARE really cute aspects of romance and HOT GUYS tho!

Full Moon wo Sagamini coopere doesn't have a lot of guys for the main girl, but it's a really cute romance ^^ hehe* It's quite long tho... >_> and it gets really episodic, BUT if you're willing to bare with it for the first half, then the ending is worth it!

NANA is a really realistic type of anime that's both really romance based but also has a lot of slice-of-life elements... there's a lot of tragedy too tho, so unless you're up for crying and sadness, don't watch it? haha! But it did make me fall in love with all the characters

Hope that helps haha! =) If you need anymore, I only have a handfull of anime that I haven't already recommended to you LOL

For everyone else...

Can you recommend me a mainstream anime that everyone loves? One that probably everyone else in the world has watched (except me T__T) and it HAS to have SOME elements of romance and it has to be GOOD.... I don't want a crappy anime that everyone watches haha =P

OH! and I prefer finished anime... nothing that's still ongoing (like Bleach or Naruto =S).

Examples are..... FMA (EVERYONE's watched this o_O), Elfen Lied, Death Note, OHSHC, or CCS

--xoxo.

TM

Guest meimei__KOUSEKI

For everyone else...

Can you recommend me a mainstream anime that everyone loves? One that probably everyone else in the world has watched (except me T__T) and it HAS to have SOME elements of romance and it has to be GOOD.... I don't want a crappy anime that everyone watches haha =P

OH! and I prefer finished anime... nothing that's still ongoing (like Bleach or Naruto =S).

Examples are..... FMA (EVERYONE's watched this o_O), Elfen Lied, Death Note, OHSHC, or CCS

--xoxo.

TM

I think EVERYONE has more or less watched a series from the Gundam franchise.

Like Seed, Seed Destiny, Wing etc...

Rurouni Kenshin, Any Sailor Moon series? Cowboy Bebop?

I don't really know much about "animes that everyone else has watched" since i'm more on the hidden ones... but yeah...

Guest hyeminnie

For everyone else...

--xoxo.

TM

let's see...

- Prince of Tennis (not sure if this has romance)

- Yu Yu Hakusho (love this one)

- Vampire Knight (i think it's finished)

- D Gray Man (?)

- Digimon

- Inuyasha

- Tsubasa

- Fruits Basket

Guest AngelEagle

Haha! That's why I try and only watch finished anime =X I don't plan to watch La Corda until it finishes airing >_> but it'll be only 2 eps so that's sorta sad...

More anime? With a lot of guys? o_O Uh.... well I'm not sure how many you've watched but the mainstream ones are

Ouran HSHC with A TON of guys and one girl haha =) It's cute but I hate how open-ended the anime is

Saiunkoku Monogatari also has a lot of guys but it's not primarily romance..... it has a lot of talk about law and females trying to work in a male dominated society, it's interesting but if you're into more anime, you might find it confusing or boring? >_> There ARE really cute aspects of romance and HOT GUYS tho!

Full Moon wo Sagamini coopere doesn't have a lot of guys for the main girl, but it's a really cute romance ^^ hehe* It's quite long tho... >_> and it gets really episodic, BUT if you're willing to bare with it for the first half, then the ending is worth it!

NANA is a really realistic type of anime that's both really romance based but also has a lot of slice-of-life elements... there's a lot of tragedy too tho, so unless you're up for crying and sadness, don't watch it? haha! But it did make me fall in love with all the characters

Hope that helps haha! =) If you need anymore, I only have a handfull of anime that I haven't already recommended to you LOL

For everyone else...

--xoxo.

TM

Thank you so much!!!!

I've already seen OHSHC and i so can't get over it. it is so good.

(well as you can see i have it as an avatar :D since i usually put the anime i love on my signature)

Full Moon is the first anime i've watch to become addicted to anime again (since i was addicted in the past then i got myself into Kdrama, so i kinda overcome my anime addiction then my friend recomend me this FMS then boom i got into anime again. well, i thank FMS because of this i also discover about Vampire Knight, which oviously my fav one and also special A, la corda, and ouran)-- sorry for being off topic

anyways, you can recommend me some more if you want :D

btw i'll BRB to recommend you some.

----EDIT!

try:

Ash!teruze Baby
- really cute anime <33

Ah! my goddess
- i just started watching it and i love it!!

Ayashi no Ceres
- full of romance! its from the author of fushigi yuugi. its about a girl who try to kill by her whole clan.

Blood+
- i've never seen this one but a lot of people recommend it. i actually didn't watch it because of the graphics. try you might like it.

Bokura ga ita
- you will fall in love in this one. at first it will bore you but try to give it a chance and it will grow on you.

Cooking Master Boy
- this one is good since it will make you hungry everytime.haha i watch it more like the last 2 years so i can't remember if it has a romance in it.

Detective Conan
- this one is surely amazing. it has a bit of romance but still so good.

DN Angel
- ohhh i love this one <33. one of my favorite. its so good.

Eyeshield 21
- you will love this one if you like watching sports anime.

Flame of Recca
- it has a romance in it but sometimes draggy sometimes good.

Gakuen Alice
- wahhh.. this one is soooo cute. one of my favorite too. i love it so much!! definately must watch but it has an open ending (like ouran) i still don't know if they were planning on having season two.

Gate Keepers
- it has romance and good but not that great.

Giban Kaleidoscope
- this one is pretty good too. i enjoy watching it. but sad in the end.

Gundam Seed
- this one was so cool and amazing. definately my favorite of all the gundam series.

Gundam Seed Destiny
- this one is cool too but sometimes draggy sometimes good.

Kamichama Karin
- this one is one of the cutest anime. i love it.

Kare Kano
- funny at some parts but so deep. and definately romance.

La Corda D'Oro
- one of my favorite and i love it <333 whichi guess you already saw it.

Magic Knight Rayearth
- this one has a romance and it was so good too. if you like watching with powers and everything you will definately love it. i still love it up to now.

Marmalade Boy
- this one make me laugh, cry, and fall in love. everything in relationship was told in this one. really good.

Princess Tutu
- i must say it so cute... and really good.

Ranma 1/2
- it has a romance and so hilarious!

Rave Master
- this one has a romance and good too. i've never had a chance to finish it since i moved to US when i watch it on tv and i don't know where did i stop so yeah i never finish it. it was one of the anime that i watch on tv until i was engage in watching online with subtitles.

Romeo x Juliet
- this is 100000X better than the original romeoxjuliet. this one will really show what true love is. i definately recommend it.

Shugo Chara
- another one of the cutest anime. but the second seasong which is shugo chara doki was still not finish yet.

Tsubasa Chronicle
- the famous CCS character was back here with the same name but they were totally different story.

Vampire Knight
- my top favorite anime <333333 which i'm guessing you already watch it.

Yakitate Japan
- this one is good too. and make you want to eat all the time. one of the most classic anime.

^ i thought full moon was better as a manga. but it's definitely worth checking out.

~TropicalMists. mmm i think another anime that literally EVERYONE i know has watched aside from FMA is Rurouni Kenshin. so you should try that. :]. the OVAs for kenshin is quite famous and very well done. i liked it as much as the anime. just a warning that you should probably stop watching the anime after the enishi arc. the ending strays off from the manga and well at lesat for me, i didn't relaly like it b/c it just basically cut off in a middle of a filler. (you should watch the OVA afterwards just to get a sense of how it ends)

it ends a little differently on the OVA too but mmm i think it tied the strings off nicely.

Guest joelibz

Anyone recommend any animes similar to Vampire Knight? Doesnt exactly have to be about vampires but..the same kind of feel anime..not a lot of jokes..cool characters etc..?

Thanks for the all the recommendations haha =)

I've seen a few of those already too so I'm thinking of giving the others a try.

I don't mind long anime (since it gives time for the story to roll) so yay ^^ straight to downloading now!

Thank you so much!!!!

I've already seen OHSHC and i so can't get over it. it is so good.

(well as you can see i have it as an avatar :D since i usually put the anime i love on my signature)

Full Moon is the first anime i've watch to become addicted to anime again (since i was addicted in the past then i got myself into Kdrama, so i kinda overcome my anime addiction then my friend recomend me this FMS then boom i got into anime again. well, i thank FMS because of this i also discover about Vampire Knight, which oviously my fav one and also special A, la corda, and ouran)-- sorry for being off topic

anyways, you can recommend me some more if you want :D

Haha! I was so sure you've probably seen them before XP It looks like your list of anime is probably longer than mine o_O

I'll give a few that perhaps you haven't seen before? Not sure if you'd like them or not though >_> Most of the ones I watch are primarily romance anyways....

Special A
- similar to OHSHC in many ways haha =) There's more romance though and there characters are developed a lot more... unfortunately it's not as memorable or funny but still a good watch

Honey and Clover
- if you're up for a real slice-of-life anime that's really realistic and relateable =) it's one of my favourites so I would definitely recommend it. Plenty of romance although a lot of tragedy too....

Blood+
- haha! you said you've never watched it, but I HAVE ^^ so i would REALLY recommend it back to you. There's a lot of action/adventure and mystery but that's what makes it so amazing! There's a lot of character development which leads to romance too

ef
- a tales of memories and melodies, this series has 2 seasons (and I think the first season is better) and it's basically ALL about romance and everyday life. The first season is more about finding yourself while the second season is darker and deals with death and stuff, but it's a really good series ^^ and has a really unique way of telling the story

Toradora!
- a recently finished anime which I didn't LOVE but I have a feeling you'd like it ^^ all the characters are really unique and even tho the story is typical, the way they get the two main characters together is really different and loveable... it's a very lighthearted anime

Hope that helps! And I agree with you about the whole anime to drama trend.... I tend to jump back and forth... whenever I run out of good anime to watch, I go back to dramas and vice versa =P

--xoxo.

TM

Guest Millou

For everyone else...

--xoxo.

TM

Code Geass

Gundam Wing

Gundam Sees/Destiny

Gundam 00

Great Teacher Onizuka

Howl's Moving Castle

Initial D

Rozen Maiden

Skip Beat

Vampire Knight

I think these are pretty mainstream...

Guest narcissus_hime

Manga/Manhwa/Manhua

1. Bride of the Water god 하백의 신부 [Manhwa] - Yoon Mi-Kyung

1-2.jpghanbook_1977_45511984.jpg

Genre: Historical, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo

Summary: Soah is a girl from a small village that has suffered a long drought. In order to appease the Water God the village people must sacrifice a bride to him, and Soah is sold by her father as a sacrifice. The Water God (Habaek) welcomes Soah as his new bride and brings her to his Water Kingdom where her new life begins. While she is in the Water Kingdom, Soah finds herself being attracted to Mui who introduces himself as Habaek's cousin. However, Mui and Habaek are actually the same person, as Habaek assumes the form of a child by day and an adult by night.[mangatraders]

My opinion: extremely romantic & beautiful illustration, quite an mysterious love story.

Read online

soompi topic

2. Dear my girls 작은아씨들 [Manhwa] - Kim Hee Eun

13918.jpgdear%20my%20girls.jpg

Genre: Comedy, Historical, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Summary: Elizabeth Mach is one of three daughters from a prestigious family. The only reason she stands out from her sister's extraordinary beauty and talent is because she's talentless.

It may sound boring, but give it a try and you'll definately enjoy it. [mangatraders]

My opinion: beautiful illustration, a shoujo worth reading

Read online

soompi topic

3. Wedding [manhua] - Lin Yu Chin

i32723.jpg

Genre: Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Shoujo

Summary: From Shoujo Manga Maniac: In medieval China lives a girl from a rich family, who has everything she could ever wish for. However, when she was younger a seer told her mother that if she is to have a happy future, the girl must marry an ugly person. Her parents search for an ugly person for her to marry. When they find one suitable, she refuses to marry the man. "I can pick any man off the streets and he's sure to be a hundred times better than yours." Her father accepts her challenge, and so she has exactly one month to bring her fiancee back to meet her parents. On her journey, she meets Zhu Yun Qing, who appears to be more than he seems...

My opinion: beautiful illustration, funny story, you should give it a try.

Read online

And these manga are already popular, but i still recommend:

4. Kaze Hikaru - Watanabe Taeko

viz1421510189.jpg

Read online

5. Nana - Ai Yazawa

nana039.jpg

Read online

6. Paradise kiss - Ai Yazawa

logo.jpg

Read online

7. Hikaru no go - Yumi Hotta (story) & Takeshi Obata (illustration)

300px-Hikaru_No_Go.jpg

Read online

8. Death Note - Tsugumi Ohba (story) & Takeshi Obata (illustration)

729215002_687cf0bd60.jpg

Read online

Guest Hakuren

These are all mangas (I apparently find more of those..)

Hmm I'd highly recommend the ever popular Skip Beat, [bet ALOT of you have read that] I love Kyoko's acting abilities in here, considering her past is that unlike a normal girl...

another highly rec. one I'd say would be Bride of Water God-- the art in here is spellbinding, literally! Girls are gona fall in love with the lead guy in there, Basically ab. a girl Soah becoming a sacrifice for her country so rain can fall.. henceforth, becoming a bride of the water god BUT her husband has 2 transformations: day and night...

Hana to Akuma has been a recent popular one, about a demon and a girls relationship [im sure a lot of you like storylines around that area] Hana was an abandoned child, and Vivi (the devil) was escaping from the devil world and finds Hana...

Oh~ a real comedic and sweet romance I rec. is Kaichou wa Maid sama, ab. a girl Misaki having a part-time job and being the pres. of a once all boys school, along w. the most popular guy in school Usui-- they're an unbeatable pair!

Another one similar to the swt relationship theme I'd suggest is mini coopersuji sama no Okiniiri, about a girl (from middle class) and a 'personal butler' and their adventures together.

If you're enchanted with superb, traditional costumes [like I am ;) ], I'd recommend Divine Melody, Real Fake Princess (those 2 by same mangaka), Akagami no Shirayukihime, Faeries landing, and Im reading a recent one Reina no Arcana, lol.

___Divine Melody: about Qin Cai Sheng repaying a debt to 2 mortals when shes a fox (deals with korean mythology!)

___Real Fake Princess (complete btw): a girl finds out shes of royal blood; living with her guardian, & trying retrieve her rightful place bck.

___Akagami no Shirayukihime: a red-haired girl becomes a pharmacist for the royal palace and befriends the second Prince Zen. [its a interesting & refreshing storyline, I mean cmon have you eva read a manga ab. pharmacist & medicine?

___Faeries Landing: Fanta (half-human/faerie) becomes stranded on Earth due to Ryang's attempt to be a "peeping tom" when she bathed & attempts to find the truth of her parents past, while rebelling against Avalon regimes (Faeires Santuary).

___Reina no Arcana: a red-haired girl become a sacrifice-wife of the neighboring country (the 2 countries r trying to 'make peace') and she has special abilites allowing her to see into the past, future and the truth.

If you into the bad boy, independent heroine, I'd say Do you want to Try? [the title sounds tempting enough! ] & Honggane [both manhwa]. I perosnally like the first one better b.c the guy stays in character thru the story...

~Well, these are the ones I enjoy the most so enjoy them! All of these can be read over on Mangafox

i'd just like to recommend the korean manwha Ciel. the art is beautiful and the characters are very interesting as well. it's about a commoner girl who has the powers of a witch, and she leaves her home to attend an academy which teaches magic and stuff. i'm sorry if my summaries suck but please give it a try =]

i second hana to akuma, kaichou wa Maid sama and skip beat.

going backwards..

SKIP BEAT (ok i'm not going to summarize this b/c this manga is so popular) is really unique. In the beginning I didn't really like it b/c the girl is somewhat weird.. (ok to be honest, she totally freaked me out) but I love her transformations as she's acting! and well, her character just grew on me. i think the manga is unique in comparison to other mangas. She's not girly (well at least her personality) but she's not super tough either. she's a very likable character and i find her character realistic and well-rounded.

KAICHOU WA MAID SAMA

summary : Once an all boys school, Seika High, a renowned school full of reckless and filthy students, has recently become a co-ed school. However, with the female population still remaining a minority even after the change over the recent years, Misaki Ayuzawa takes it into her own hands to reform the school and allow a chance for the girls to feel safer in the rough environment. Training, studying and even becoming the first female student council president of the school, Misaki has gained a reputation among the male students body as an uptight boy-hating dictator and as a shining hope for the teachers and fellow female students. However, despite her tough-as-nails appearance, she secretly works part-time at a maid cafe in order to support her family. Unfortunately, her secret is soon revealed when the somewhat impassive Usui Takumi, a popular boy at school, nonchalantly discovers her in a maid uniform after school. (credits to manga fox)

my thoughts :

hahaha i finished up to where mangafox is today. i think this manga is especially recommended for SPECIAL A fans b/c both manga runs on similar themes (sort of). But where as the school setting in special A seems a bit far fetched, i think kaichou wa maid sama portrays a better version of what high school romance (or the ideal high school romance? lol) is like. usui is so cute! :]. i like how his character is becoming sweeter.

HANA TO AKUMA. mmmm. i think this is a cute, fun and light read. it's about a devil who picked up a human baby for the fun of it but basically is slowly developing affections for her. i'm interested in how their love will play out b/c she's so young compared to him. (hopefully in later volumes she will grow up)

i've also been really recently addicted to NANA as well.

summary(credits to mangafox): Nana "Hachi" Komatsu hopes that moving to Tokyo will help her make a clean start and leave her capricious love life behind her. Nana Osaki, who arrives in the city at the same time, has plans to score big in the world of rock'n'roll. Although these two young women come from different backgrounds, they quickly become best friends in a whirlwind world of sex, music, fashion, gossip and all-night parties!

i don't think the summary does any justice on what the manga really is like.. but i don't want to spoil anything so .. yeah. (just read it)

my thoughts:

i don't think i've ever seen a couple so perfect as Ren & Nana. the author of this manga is a master at portraying the character's emotions and giving each character a complex personality. I personally don't see any of the characters as pure "evil" or pure "good" all the characters have their bad traits and good traits and i think it makes the characters really come alive. it's the closest manga to make me cry (and although it didn't make me cry, chapter 78-80 brought me chills after i finished) the bouncing between past and present is interesting as well. it's a beautifully crafted manga (still ongoing) with high dramas and lots of characters to relate/sympathize on. although the story does revolve around the two Nana's. I think that it gives enough time to develop the other characters in the story as well. it's beautiful but you need to bear with it for a couple chapters to really get into the reading. :].

Any recommendations for manga/manhwa, guys? Preferably shoujo, and clean if possible, with pretty art. Some of the manga I like are listed below:

Bride of the Water God

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle/anything by CLAMP

Goong

Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen (this is awesome, only 5 chapters in released by Aerandria, but so sweet)

La Corda d'Oro

Fruits Basket

Vampire Knight

Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Hana Kimi

Cat Street

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Rockin Heaven

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

Skip Beat

Ouran High School Host Club

Special A

Watashi no Ookami-san/Dear, by Fujiwara Cocoa

........I guess it's a long list, but can anyone help me with stuff to read? Mainstream stuff would be nice, too- thank you so much in advance!