[Drama 2010] Life is Beautiful 인생은 아름다워

Guest yeohweping

@PHMP (please check your inbox)

- Grandma seems to become mentally sick.

>> I don't think so. In the preview, I see she is so strong and it's like she can lay down this world of life and death.

ummm maybe grandpa's death will also teach us all.

It's nice to see your feedback :D

Yeah, at the beginning of the preview, we can see how strong Grandma is. But don't you notice the last part of the preview where Youngest Uncle sees Grandma talking alone as if there were Grandpa with her? That's why I said she may become mentally sick, i.e. she is so depressed deeply inside.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to see your feedback :D

Yeah, at the beginning of the preview, we can see how strong Grandma is. But don't you notice the last part of the preview where Youngest Uncle sees Grandma talking alone as if there were Grandpa with her? That's why I said she may become mentally sick, i.e. she is so depressed deeply inside.

I am pretty depressed inside... The last scene made me cry a little... and the last time I remember crying ever was when I watched Passion of Christ... so I think it was set up so sadly...

I have goosebumps as I am typing this :tears:

It feels like world is ending tomorrow... I am feeling pretty emo right now after watching the 2nd to the last episode... Thanks to Kim Suhyun for making this beautiful drama :)

Guest patchwork

i started to watch this show because .... well... the theme of Bromance... and i found that the writer did a good job in my own opinion. am enjoying this and only faceforward to the Bromance episode...

Guest lotsatuna

Hi! I'm watching right now the first episode of this series, and I'm totally in love with it. I'm beginning to learn all the family ties - there's a lot of character in this drama.

But there's somenthing I don't really understand about the grandfather, I mean I know he has had six wives but he's polygamous? Because one of the sons says to the grandmother: "he's still your husband". So, no one ever mentioned divorce if not regarding Min Jae, so I can't really understand the elders situation. Can someone please expplain it to me?

Yeah, he's polygamous. I only remember bits and pieces of their situation so I can't elaborate, but I believe the whole thing gets explained if you continue watching the next few episodes. :D

lotsatuna, I love the BTS pics. It looks as if LSW got glomped by SCE, with all the staff&crew in the background going on with their business and not even checking on them. I'm pretty sure, this is completely normal behaviour by now  :w00t:

Hahaha, one of the interviews DID say they hugged almost a hundred times... (or was that an exaggeration?)

actually, SCE looked a little bit tired (because of his Werther musical maybe?), I hope they had fun, it looks like it's freezing in Korea these days

Agreed, I thought he looked rather tired the last few episodes too.

Sigh...can't believe it's ending today. I feel excited, but at the same time, I don't want it to end yet...

I have goosebumps as I am typing this :tears:

It feels like world is ending tomorrow... I am feeling pretty emo right now after watching the 2nd to the last episode... Thanks to Kim Suhyun for making this beautiful drama

I got emo, too... let's cry together :tears:

The episodes last week have been hard to swallow already, but yesterday put me over the edge.

I suddenly remembered how grandpa got introduced to us in one the first episodes and caused chaos in the Yang household, way back in March.

How I wrote in one of my first posts that I liked MinJae so much; her kindness and understanding are still incredible and get me teary every time.

And slowly, everything's coming to an end.

Oh man, I'm gonna miss LiB terribly.

Thank you guys, I had so much fun watching and discussing this drama with you all.

Thank you Mrs. Kim for giving us a vivid insight into the lives of your characters and their stories, with all its tradegies, their anguish and happy times, foibles and eccentricities as they coped with how at the end of every day, life is still and will forever be beautiful.

Now, let's wait for the very last episode ^___^

i started to watch this show because .... well... the theme of Bromance... and i found that the writer did a good job in my own opinion. am enjoying this and only faceforward to the Bromance episode...

welcome!

Actually, it's not 'Bromance' at all. They are lovers and of course they have sexual relationship.

Bromance is just close male friends without sexual relationship.

I got emo, too... let's cry together  :tears: 

*hug you guys* Don't make me cry T_T

I got news to day that Cinderella man and First wives club will be aired in my country.

I'm so happy but their dramas surely make me miss KT much more.

I hope a year or 2 years after, LIB will be aired too

Translation for Episode 62

Everyone has decided not to tell Tae Sub that Grandma knows the truth. 

From 22:41

Tae Sub comes home, having lunch and talking with his mom.

M: How are you living?

TS: As usual, Mom. I report to you everyday, don't I?

M: Your reports via phone messages? "I'm eating. There's still food left. I'm doing well. I'm going to bed at 2 A.M. Good night!" How's Kyung Soo?

TS: He's doing very well, Mom.

M: Is he upset because of not coming here anymore?

TS: No, he isn't. How come?

M: Nothing. Why did you come here so early that you didn't have lunch?

TS: Kyung Soo went to Seoul yesterday. Today he's going to pick his father up in the hospital; they will then have some business in the university.

M: Has Kyung Soo's mom come recently?

TS: No. She phones him once every a couple of days. Kyung Soo can be more comfortable than before.

M: That's good. TS, have you ever... I just say "have you ever"... have you ever got the feeling that I don't care for you, and that I have paid so little attention to you that you feel lonely?

TS: Never, Mom. On the contrary, I feel specially well treated. My problem was that I didn't wholly accept you. I seemed to accept you just because I wanted to win Dad and Grandma's hearts. I'm sorry!

M: Yeah, it's just temporary like a winter cold.

TS: Yes.

M: But as for me, I want you to definitely believe me. From the very first time when I first met you, I have wished to hug you passionately.

TS: It was because I hadn't been open-hearted. You must have been very tired. Now I understand.

M: I used to think that until the day I die, it's you that I very much care for and want to be with you forever. It's not Ji Hye, Ho Sub, or Cho Rong. Am I selfish? It's selfishness, my nonsense words and thoughts.

TS: Anything happened?

M: No, nothing. It's just weather changing. This state is temporary. I just feel so burdened that my knees nearly don't work anymore as if they would be paralyzed. What's happening to me? I have never had this thought before. No more saying; let's end it here, Tae Sub.

TS: What's more? Tell me, Mom.

M: I want to close the doors and sleep continuously for 3 months. I don't want to see anyone and say anything. Just die like that. Pretending as if nothing happened and keeping talking happily just make me so tired. 

TS: When did you start to feel so, Mom?

M: (She talks about her falling, about someone's face she hates, etc.)

TS: You should rest more; pay no more attention to domestic chores. Please don't think that if it weren't for you, then everything would go wrong. It's time you got it off your chest. When you don't feel like working, just do nothing. When you don't feel like smiling, just don't smile. Do whatever you want, Mom!

M: Everyone is looking at me; how can I do that?

TS: It's you that created such practice. You should teach everyone to have the habit of letting their feelings out.

M: I know it's all my fault. No one is to blame; it's me who did wrong.

Dad asks whether there are pain relievers left, and says that Jina has got toothache. Mom says there's no medicine left, but she has asked Cho Rong to buy some. Tae Sub says he has some, and he will bring them to Ji Na.

M: Do you still take your medicine?

TS: Occasionally, Mom.

M: Then hurry.

Tae Sub's cellphone rings; it's Kyung Soo's call.

TS: Yes, speaking.

KS: You're home?

TS: Yeah, I'm home.

KS: Done with the hospital. Now I'm in my father's college. I'm waiting outside; He said he would come back very soon but it's been a long time. Since he said he would come back soon, I didn't phone you. However, it takes rather a long time to wait for him, so I phoned you.

TS: Are you flying back today?

KS: After taking my father home, I'm going to take the 6 P.M. flight. How are your parents doing? Send my best regards to them.

TS: They are all doing well. I'll tell them your greeting.

KS: When is the wedding held? 12 P.M.?

TS: After the wedding I will go. I'm not going to have lunch either. So wait for me.

KS: Don't force yourself. Go home for some time, then leave.

TS: I'll make up my mind later.

KS: I'm hanging up. My father's coming. See you late!

TS: Yeah.

Kyung Soo's father appears.

KS's F: Well, this is my eldest son. Kyung Soo, it's time for greeting.

KS: I'm Kim Kyung Soo.

After that, some of Kyung Soo's father's colleagues wish him good health and hope that he will write more good books after resting.

Now there remain Kyung Soo and his father.

KS's F: (looks back at the school) It started and is going to end here. 35 years is not a long, not yet a short time. Your grandfather died of heart disease; now I'm suffering from it too. People always underestimate illnesses; we all need to have regular checkups.

KS: Yes.

KS's F: Your mom's calling; let's go!

KS: Yes.

KS's F: How is that kid doing?

KS: Yes?

KS's F: I heard he's a doctor?  

KS: Yes, he's.

From 32:58

After checking Ji Na's teeth, Tae Sub comes back to the main house and sees his mom.

M: Does it hurt her much? Has it turned into tooth decay?

TS: Yeah, tooth decay.

M: Doesn't her mom always try to prevent it? After all she's got tooth decay. We should always check a child's teeth to find out whether he or she has got tooth decay.

TS: Would you like to go for a walk?

Tae Sub's dad: A walk? Sure, let's go!

M: He wasn't telling you. Help me look after the house!

Tae Sub and his mom walk along the beach.

M: It's our very first time, isn't it? I had been longing for this since I first came here.

TS: Yes, Mom.

M: I'm so heartbroken as if I were going to fall down. Tae Sub, I'm falling down, I know.

TS: Could you go to the hospital next Monday? I'll give you some medicine. You should talk to the doctor and take medicine; It will have an effect soon.

M: Does it need it?

TS: You can't underestimate stress. You should pay no attention to what happens home. Why don't you go traveling for one week with Dad?

M: What about being home?

TS: Just let Ho Sub do the job, or Youngest Uncle.

M: It will be good, but will everything go right too?

TS: Mom, you have the right to go traveling!

M: Do you really think so?

TS: Yes, I really do.

M: Then I don't need to see the doctor anymore. You have done a good job. Now I'm feeling well, TS!

TS: No, you should go to the hospital.

M: All right, all right. I'll make it. Don't worry! Who do you think I am? I'm Kim Min Jae who isn't afraid of anything. Min Jae! Cheer up! That's all right then.

Guest pikachichi

I have follow this threat a long time. But I didn't post any comment. Because I'm not confident of my English skill. Now, LIB comes to end. Maybe this is the last time I read this topic. I love every characters of LIB, especially Ji Hye. Hoping from LIB, the Asian in particular and everyone all over the world will be more understanding the homo, just because we are all human being. Life is so short that we don't have many time to discriminate each other. I believe our heart is big enough to hold all the love, but it is still small enough to have no place for feud.

I have a goodbye-gift for LIB's members. This is clip I had downloaded from YT before it was deleted. I love its music, scene. I hope you too.

Amazed%20MV%20-%20Starring%20Kyung%20Soo%20%26%20Tae%20Sub.mp4_thumbs_%5B2010.11.07_23.20.30%5D.jpg

download.png

enjoyt.png

just finished watching Ep.63

Although I can't understand Korean but this episode makes me feel so good, like the drama's name, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL ^^

There're many touching scenes that make me cry (What a teary me!)

-KS holds TS's shoulder and TS touches KS's thigh in front of Dad and mom, and everybody is happy with it

They're more comfortable there. I'm so proud of this understanding family.

-TS's mom hugs KS

Hug from mother-in-law to welcome her son-in-law wub.gif

-Grandma talking to dead grandpa

My nature is that I'm so sensitive to elderlies' love. It's unconditioned and eternal

-KT vowing scene; KS puts his ring hand on TS chest/heart, TS grab his hand

I can never hold my tears at this scene. I shout out louds "man!, this is damn touching" and burst into tears TT__TT

This scene truly completes my hope for this couple. As I said before that I was so disappointed with the deleted church scene.

I strongly felt like "if it ended like this, it would be incomplete". Finally the scene is back and WOWWW it catches my heart.

So thank you for bringing it back. I really feel this, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.

anyway, I'll stick with this thread for a while, a long while maybe :)

I've been checking the thread more than several times everyday for many months. I definitely can't leave it and maybe can't forget it.

I'm making MVs of KT. Since I have to wait for the last episode, they will be finished tomorrow.

Thanks PHMP for translating.

Wowwww I'm so happy to hear KS's dad asks KS about TS.

Feel like it's something they can talk to each other without being uncomfortable.

In the future, I'm sure TS will go to visit Kim family ^^

I have follow this threat a long time. But I didn't post any comment. Because I'm not confident of my English skill. Now, LIB comes to end. Maybe this is the last time I read this topic. I love every characters of LIB, especially Ji Hye. Hoping from LIB, the Asian in particular and everyone all over the world will be more understanding the homo, just because we are all human being. Life is so short that we don't have many time to discriminate each other. I believe our heart is big enough to hold all the love, but it is still small enough to have no place for feud. 

Good quote!! I hope this too, *praying*

Don't make it your first and last time. Try to join us more

Thank you for sharing the MV

I just finished episode 63.

It's not a satisfactory episode to me. However, I feel very happy during KT's scenes.

First, I have to say that there is very little KT in this episode. Only two scenes in which they are together. However, they are worth watching because they can make you moved!!!

- Tae Sub and Kyung Soo in KS's department: Now, it's Tae Sub who starts to hug Kyung Soo. They have a passionate hug compared to others shown in the previous episodes. I can feel the love they two share!

- Tae Sub and Kyung Soo walk in the forest. It's a great scene with spectacular, romantic sight. I can hear the birds sing. Are they singing to congratulate our couple on their marriage day? The moment Kyung Soo puts his hand on Tae Sub's chest (heart) and Tae Sub touches that hand, I shed tears. Yeah, they finally have a HAPPY ending!!! Although their scene is too short, they show us how much they love each other and would like to live with each other forever...

e63101107hdtvxvidbaros1.jpg

Oh... is that the end?????????????? We all have to say farewell to Life is Beautiful?????????

Crying...

To JTanis: I was happy to read your comments. So what we fans have been longing for has been shown in this episode. It's short, yet touching and emotional! Translation for this episode will be updated this time tomorrow. ;)

I can't believe it's the end of LIB :huh:

KyungTae couple makes commitment vows to each other in the forest, where no one sees or hears them :unsure: . Why does this makes me feel sad :( ?

Grandfather's death was sudden, peaceful and unexpected.

Everyone moves on with their lives.

I'm still trying to understand the ending.

Is it Life Is Beautiful no matter what you're dealt with?

Don't be sad, denise31 *hugs*

We all wanted more, especially for our KyungTae. But we got a happy ending, Kim Soo Hyun gave us a 63 episodes long, wonderful warm story of this family.

Oh, how I'll miss KyungTae *tears.

And grandfather came to the Yang's in the very beginning of Life is beautiful, partly because he wanted to die in the presence of his first wife and her family. So, his "wish" got fulfilled in a way.

Edit:

I hope, this will cheer you up XD XD :w00t:

BTS of ep #63

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XJGEQNWP

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFOn6wcVWkA

credit: 열무G at DC (thx to SWW)

Guest blackhawk

Although the eps 63 is great with KS&TS's commitment and everyone is happy and move on with their life...however, like I said a couple pages before, It would be great if KT celebrate their commitment at the Pension with family members around them and to see GM wishing them happiness and long life together since she already knew...nevertheless, I am content with the ending and hoping to see more of LSW and SCE together again in the future drama.

'Ayachou'

Don't be sad, denise31 *hugs*

We all wanted more, especially for our KyungTae. But we got a happy ending, Kim Soo Hyun gave us a 63 episodes long, wonderful warm story of this family.

Oh, how I'll miss KyungTae *tears.

And grandfather came to the Yang's in the very beginning of Life is beautiful, partly because he wanted to die in the presence of his first wife and her family. So, his "wish" got fulfilled in a way.

I hope, this will cheer you up XD XD :w00t:

BTS of ep #63

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XJGEQNWP

credit: 열무G at DC (thx to SWW)

Awwweeee!!!! Thanks for the cheer up :D Seeing Kyung Soo's smiles while filming made my day. Feeling sooo much better now.

I somehow wish there was no END to LIB :P

I guess all good things must have an ending tears.giftears.giftears.gif .

p.s. thanx pikachichi... for the KT mv. =)

So it's an end and I don't know what is my feeling right now. It's mix. I'm happy because the drama finally reach its end but I'm sad that from now on there is no more KyungTae... I haven't watch the latest episode yet but hearing the couple make a vow in the forest somehow satisfy me. But then, why they make a vow in the forest where no one presence? Are they trying to hide their life from the society after being through struggles and difficulties. I don't understand why they must do that when their family already accept their relationship.

Anyway, thank Ms. Kim for writing a good drama, and I somehow change my life while watching it. I do enjoy every moment to go here and discuss the drama with all of you and it makes me feel very happy.

Maybe the writer did KS and TS ceremony in the forest as a way to tell the critics the old saying "If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?" Since according to the critics seeing this drama would turn everyone gay... So it is a metafor. I think it is but I could be wrong.

Guest lotsatuna

The grandmother and grandfather scenes were so depressing for me. Although the drama ended on a happy note I couldn't help but feel really sad for the grandmother. I felt like bawling just like the youngest uncle did.  ):

I think it makes sense for KS and TS to have their vows done in the forest where they can have some privacy along with a peaceful atmosphere. Even though all the family members have come to accept them, I don't think they would want to cause anymore unnecessary trouble by having a ceremony at the Pension. After all, it is a lot of work to host one. Also, as PHMP has said in a post before (about everyone deciding not to tell TS that grandmother knows the truth), TS thinks that grandmother doesn't know about his relationship with KS, so he probably doesn't want to give her a massive heart attack by having one back at home. As much as I want to see an official vow exchanging ceremony for them, personally, I think some of the family members still wouldn't be okay with it... And there's also the problem of the protesters who are against the couple as well as the broadcasting station... so I'm glad we got at least two hugs in this final episode. (:

Can't wait for the subs to catch up so that I can re-watch the whole drama again, haha.

Archived