[Drama 2010] Life is Beautiful 인생은 아름다워

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished episode 61.

- Tae Sub and Kyung Soo appear for only some minutes.

- The second half of the episode is full of tears.

- Grandma knows the truth. It is Dad who tells her.

- All the seniors shed tears.

- This is the episode where Mom cries most.

Episode 62 Preview:

- Mom cries in front of Tae Sub.

- Tae Sub has something to discuss with Ho Sub.

- Granddad seems to be seriously ill.

I burst into tears during the meeting started by Grandma. Can't help crying... I wonder if everything will be OK for Tae Sub and Kyung Soo...

Translation for the remaining parts of KT's in episode 60. (The first scene has been translated and posted in page 83)

36:49

Tae Sub's room

K: Since I came here, I have wanted to ask you whether you are going to the gym tomorrow. You have been thinking about it for 3 hours now.

T: I'm. 

K: Really? So are you going to bed early tonight? Then let me sleep in your apartment. 

T: We're becoming families. 

K: Didn’t you say that you had nothing to do?

T: No, I have a lot to do.

K: It will be wise not to let you be with me. What a shame!

T: Let’s have breakfast together tomorrow!

K: Sure, all right. From next week on I will come here by cab. Is that OK?

T: How come?

K: To drive separately is a waste of time. It takes each of us one hour once,50 hours per year, and 500 hours in ten years’ time. Don’t you find it a waste of time?

T: People without brains are very good at calculating these things!

K: Right. Their brains don’t work well so they work these things out only. You,though intelligent, have come up with no good ideas recently.

T: On our way we always talk to each other on the phone. I don’t find it a waste.

K: I see. Only I miss my sweetheart. :D ^^

Tae Sub’s mom enters the room.

M: About to leave?

T: Yes, Mom.

M: Kyung Soo, bring along some food.

K: Yes, thank you.

M: I have some things to discuss with you two. I won’t beat around the bush; I will be direct. Grandma has begun to feel something strange with you guys. 

Tae Sub and Kyung Soo make an eye contact.

M: She asked Ho Sub whether Kyung Soo has a girlfriend. He tried to talk nonsense to avoid the topic. Tae Sub, I think it’s not necessary for you to come home every weekend. Just say you are busy studying.

K: Everything will be OK if I don’t come here. I won’t anymore.

M: But it will lead to suspicion if you suddenly stop coming here

T: I got it, Mom. Let me handle this. Please don’t worry; I won’t let you and Dad worried anymore. 

M: It’s OK to come here to take photographs. It’s for work.

T: Just do that. I think it’s fine to come home once every two weeks. As for Kyung Soo, come here when it’s for work. That will be fine.

M: Kyung Soo, I’m sorry!

K: It doesn’t matter. Please don’t worry.

M: I feel so sorry, but there is nothing we can do. Please sympathize with my situation. 

K: Sure. I’m all right. I’m really all right.

M: OK. Let’s go downstairs.

T: Yes, just a while.

Tae Sub’s mom goes downstairs first. The couple is still in the room.

K: No need to care about me. Just do that. It will be fine if I don’t appear here. 

T: It’s not what I mean. Actually, to come home once a week is a burden for me.From now on just once every two weeks. I’ll sleep here Saturday evening, then go back after having breakfast on Sunday morning.

Kyung Soo hugs Tae Sub.

K: Everything will be fine.

T: Will be fine.

K: Will be fine.

T: Yeah, it will be fine.

47:48

Tae Sub and Kyung Soo drives individually, talking to each other on the phone.

T: No. I feel more burdened than before. Coming home, I can see everyone and eat good food. But I can’t concentrate to read books. Neither do I want to rest. I don’t know what to do, having mixed feelings.

K: You don’t need to comfort me by saying so.

T: Why comfort you? It will be a good thing to you. As for both of us, isn’t it a good thing? 

K: Yeah. I’m very happy… I won’t be lonely from Saturday to Monday anymore. You can’t know how slowly and hatefully time flies when you aren’t with me!

T: Right. When you were in Seoul with your phone turned off to do your own work, how do you think I felt at that time?

K: (Smile) Direct attack!

T: What about having some wine?

K: Oh, what’s it, “dear”*?

T: What? “dear”? 

K: Aren’t you my “dear”? 

(*: Correction provided by a13xl)

The two start to laugh happily.

I just finished watching Ep.61

KT appeared just a minute, I think -*-, but most of the storyline today mentioned them

KS's "I love you" was so sudden haha. I expected some cute reply from TS but he just said thank you.......umm O.K.

I want to see them saying "saranghaeyo" instead of those in other languages or "sarang hamnida" which is too polite

(Am I too fussy? LOL)

Grandma's reaction to the truth really surprised me

wowww how could she accept it so easily? (I know it was not so easily at all but it was not as I predicted)

She was so adorable!! I was crying when mom said "thank you" to grandma

This Yang family is so gooood-full of open-minded people

@PHMP. thank you so much for translating episode ^^. Your work is so beneficial!

TS was so cute saying he wouldn't let anybody hurt his man.

If I were KS, I would reward him with something much more than hair touching XD

Their conversations were sooooo CUTE~~ ><

KS never loses a chance to seduce TS to be with him more haha. I love it.

His reasons maybe childish but they're true!  I agree with the 50 hours per year.

It also wastes gas. TS, you have to concern more about the global warming LOL

So, TS finally ended up drinking wine in KS's room? laugh.gif

lifeisbeautifule6000045.gif

I think Kyung Soo is hitting Tae Sub's forehead with his knuckles rather than just touching TS's hair.

This action is fresh. I would like to ask Tae Sub if he feels hurt or not. Or he feels passionate, instead. Haha

The translation for episode 61 will be updated as soon as I get the Vietnamese version and finish translating it into English.

Hereby, I want to say I am moved by Tae Sub's mom. Kim Hae Sook deserves her status as a veteran, talented actress. Seeing her cry does break my heart... 

Through joys and sorrows... laughter and tears...

e61101031hdtvxvidbaros0.jpge61101031hdtvxvidbaros0.jpg

e61101031hdtvxvidbaros0.jpg

e61101031hdtvxvidbaros0z.jpg

That's how families behave toward one another...

e61101031hdtvxvidbaros0.jpge61101031hdtvxvidbaros0.jpg

"I love you..."

"Thank you..." (Shouldn't Tae Sub have replied "Je t'aime"? ^^)

Episode 62 Preview:

e61101031hdtvxvidbaros1.jpge61101031hdtvxvidbaros1.jpg

e61101031hdtvxvidbaros1.jpg

@ PHMP - the translation for ep 60 is kind of wrong...

"K: Oh, what’s it, “SIR”?

T: What? “SIR”?

K: Aren’t you my “SIR”? "

replace all the SIR with DEAR hahaha and you get:

K: Oh, what’s it, dear?

K: Aren’t you my "dear"?

===============================

@JTanis - translation for the twitter messages you found

akirainakyo :(It's originally in Japanese and I try to catch it with Google translation) There are much complaint about deleted scene. Could you deal with the TV station please?

KSH: Akira san. Thank you for your concern about "Life is Beautiful". However instead of the edited out church scene, we are going to put in a similar scene with similar mood at a different location in ep 63. Because we put in something similar in ep 63, it won't really make sense if we put back in the church scene in ep 58. Please try to understand.

akirainakyo: I want to say thank you to SCE and LSW for their great perfomances. Do you have a plan to work with these two in the future?

... (something is missing here I think)

KSH: I will deliver the message to two kids(SCE&LSW). Because answering back in Japanese is too difficult and takes too long, I'll answer in Korean. However, I have no problem reading Japanese so you can still write in Japanese and I'll answer back in Korean haha

... (akira's msg missing here I think)

KSH: It wasn't much. Taesub was suppposed to say "Let's love" to Kyungsoo and go into the bedroom together and hug. However, the broadcasting company didn't let us say "let's love" so the producer had to change it the scene with Taesub's whisper. Also, the scene with showering together after waking up was cut too.

Guest eucharis

Guys, do u know what announcement Jo Ara makes when meeting with big uncle's family at her house in this ep ?(that makes all people surprise)

@ PHMP - the translation for ep 60 is kind of wrong...

"K: Oh, what’s it, “SIR”?

T: What? “SIR”?

K: Aren’t you my “SIR”? "

replace all the SIR with DEAR hahaha and you get:

K: Oh, what’s it, dear?

K: Aren’t you my "dear"?

===============================

Oh, thank you for correcting me. I directly translated it from Vietnamese, so please make allowances for me. :D

a13xl, you actually brought us good news! I'm so happy to hear that there will be a scene that is similar to the church scene in episode 63!

Please never let me down again, SBS!!! 

a13xl, Thank you so much for translating!!!

This is what I expected when I read it in Google translation

wowwww, the vowing scene is back. I'm so happy  *shed tears*

... (akira's msg missing here I think)

KSH: It wasn't much.  Taesub was suppposed to say "Let's love" to Kyungsoo and go into the bedroom together and hug.  However, the broadcasting company didn't let us say "let's love" so the producer had to change it the scene with Taesub's whisper.  Also, the scene with showering together after waking up was cut too.

I think this is it

akirainakyo: 「안녕하세요 .중국팬인데요 .인아 드라마 잘보고 있습니다,팬들이 궁금해하는 점 물어볼려구요 ,58회에서 태섭이가 귀속말한 내용 어떤 내용인지 알고 싶어 합니다 ,알려줄수 있나요 ? 추운 날씨에 건강 주의하시구요 , 기다리겠습니다.」

and found KSH's retweet from J.E Lee(I don't know who)

It's the good one about discrimination against homosexuality

다시 적어본다. 동성애를 반대할 목적으로 차별금지법의 통과를 반대한다면, 장애인이라는 이유로, 호적에 이상한 문제가 있다는 이유로, 학력 때문에, 출신국가때문에 차별받는 모든 사람들이 차별당하는 사회를 만드는 것에 일조하는 것이다.

a13xl, I don't bother you to translate this, Google give rough translation which I think it's O.K.

but I'm willing to see your complete translation if you're not busy :)

LIB does make Korean society to be aware of homosexual people and their rights!

Like Ayachou said, I hope this drama will at least lead societies(not just Korean) to take a new look at homosexuality, just like KS's mom

To change their mind, it takes time. LIB is just a good start

http://img684.images...fule6000045.gif

I think Kyung Soo is hitting Tae Sub's forehead with his knuckles rather than just touching TS's hair.

This action is fresh. I would like to ask Tae Sub if he feels hurt or not. Or he feels passionate, instead. Haha

I watched it again and yes! KS was hitting TS's forehead haha

Did you hear that sound??!! It must hurt haha

Seeing that and KS just gave his man a satisfying smile. LOL

You're such a lovely monster wub.gif

Translation for Episode 61

From 33:28

Dining room

Youngest Uncle (YU): What’s it, Mom? Just tell us; don’t act like that please.

Grandma (GM): I can’t understand why all of you are so indifferent to Tae Sub’s getting married. Ho Sub’s marriage needed no words from me, but it was successfully held. Then how come Tae Sub’s has been too much neglected?

Tae Sub’s Mom (M): Mom, it’s not because we are indifferent…

GM: Didn’t I make it clear that it was all right for Ho Sub to get married first, but you must also pay attention to Tae Sub’s getting married?

M: Yes, you did.

GM: Have you ever done anything for Tae Sub’s getting married?

M: Not yet, Mom.

GM: Since he cannot find a wife, it’s his parents who have to try their best to help him! Do nothing and he is going to be like his youngest uncle? (Glances at Youngest Uncle)

M: Mom, he said he would take care of this issue. There’s nothing we can do; please just wait.

GM: If he were your blood son, then would you just do nothing and wait?

Tae Sub’s Dad (D): You shouldn’t have talked to her that way, Mom.

YU: Everything was fine during breakfast. What’s going on now? Sister-in-laws did nothing wrong.

GM: I know it’s not easy for you. But from the bottom of my heart, I have always been wondering whether you would pay more attention to Tae Sub if he were your blood son.

D: How come she doesn’t care for Tae Sub, Mom?

GM: Don’t intervene; just keep silent!

D: Mom, what you just said isn’t reasonable. She’s never biased towards the children; on the contrary, she loves Tae Sub even more.

GM: So her love means entrusting everything to him?

M: Children nowadays don’t listen to their parents, Mom. Also, Tae Sub is an independent child. You can’t know how much I worry about him.

GM: What has Tae Sub done to make you worry about him? Although he’s not very extrovert, he’s thoughtful and is never a troublemaker. Isn’t it so hard to find such a child? 

M: So you think that I don’t care about him because I didn’t give birth to him?

GM: I don’t, but what you do proves that.

D: Mom, it’s not that.How can she…, my goodness…

GM: Whom on earth are you staring at?

D: In life nothing hurts you as much as being misunderstood. Mom, you can’t argue that way. If it weren’t not for her, our family wouldn’t be living a good life. You see it, don’t you?

GM: Yes, yes. She’s the best. She’s good at anything! But when it comes to Tae Sub, why does she pay so little attention to him? I mean he’s the eldest child of this family, after all!

YU: Just tell her. Tell her all! Mom won’t let it go easily. The result…

D: Shut up! / M:Brother-in-laws! (at the same time)

YU: Nothing needs explanation.

M: It’s not the first time that I have ever been misunderstood. It doesn’t matter.

YU: Sister-in-laws!

D: You keep silent!

YU: All right.

GM: What’s it?

D: Nothing, Mom. He talked nonsense.

GM: What’s it? (Turns to Youngest Uncle)

YU: Nothing, Mom.

GM: Do I look like a person that can easily let it go?

YU: I can’t tell you. I’m only an uncle.

GM: Go to my place!

YU: Mom, Mom, I…

D: All right, let me tell you… He said he had no passion for women. He himself told his mom. He said he would have killed himself if he had been asked to.

Grandma remains calm, trying to hold her tears back.

Tae Sub’s mom rushes out of the dining room.

D: It’s not something we can force him to change. It's a truth we all have to face. I’m sorry! (Bursts into tears)

This scene is just so heartbreaking. I can't help crying...

The halloween pics are too cute ... It's nice that other countries are celebrating U.S's tradition of the holiday. The news of new scene being added because of the censor one is soo exciting ... :w00t:

Episode 61 was soo sad for grandma ... but the truth must be revealed. The scene with young uncle comforting grandma on the hill top overlooking the island was touching.

@lotsatuna, Thank you so much for sharing these pictures!

The new location looks so romantic ^^ Can't wait any longer!!

It's cold there in Korean and so is in my country, because it has rained these days and was flooded yesterday :(

Lotsatuna, many thanks! 

I'm in seventh heaven seeing the new location at which their scenes were filmed. It looks even more romantic than the church one. Oh I can image how emotional it is when Tae Sub and Kyung Soo hug each other, surrounded by trees, birds, blue sky, etc. The set is just fantastic! I'm sure it will be more beautiful when being aired. 

Guest NguyenHuong

Thanks so much lotsatuna,

Is it just me or TS & KS were hugging each other in the second picture... when there was noone looking at and they were not on the set? I'm so happy to see it, hihi. But i do wonder why. Maybe they were practicing to get to the mood for filming later, or the feelings kept lingering they couldnt let go? :D

00000kk.jpg

Translation for Episode 61 (Cont.)

From 39:11

Tae Sub and Kyung Soo at the parking area of Tae Sub's hospital.

T: Have a good day!

K: The same to you!

T: Try to deliver good lectures (at school) if you don't want to hear me grumble again.

K: We still have 10 minutes left.

T: OK, you always... It's time for you to tidy up the wardrobe. Begin with it today. Do you actually want to start it again?

K: Are you really happy to rush out of the car that way?

T: It's not nice.

K: I love you.

T: Thank you.

K: Why do you have refrain yourself from saying sweet things to me?

T: (Smile)

Note: There is something unclear in the Vietnamese translation for this conversation. Thus, I try to translate it into English according to what I understand. Please correct me if you see any differences in meaning.

From 40:00

After Tae Sub and Kyung Soo's scene at the hospital, Grandma is seen to leave the dining room. Cho Rong comes in to tell her dad that her mom is crying. Dad wants to comfort Mom but she wishes to be alone.

Byung Koel (Youngest Uncle - YU) and Grandma (GM) are sitting on the grass, talking to each other.

YU: Don't you feel cold, Mom? I started to feel a little bit cold... It's your fault for having scolded Sister-in-laws. She's not an ordinary woman. When Tae Sub came out, it's her who handled the whole situation. Even Eldest Brother was convinced by her. She nearly kicked Soo Il and me out of the house because of our protest. Eldest Brother even beat me. I was the person who protested the most. However, I somehow look at this issue as if nothing happened. If he (Tae Sub) were to lie to himself, he could get married. But it can change nothing. It's not his wish to be like that. He's gay since birth. If Sister-in-laws hadn't handled the situation well, and our family had made a mess, then perhaps Tae Sub would have killed himself, I think.

GM: There used to be a person like him. He's the teacher of music in our school. He had rumors with a teacher of fine arts in another school. At that time people didn't accept them. There were rumors anyplace. They two, however, tried not to care much.

YU: Yes.

GM: If I don't make a mistake, he handed in his letter of resignation and went away with the teacher of fine arts. Both of them quit their teaching jobs. One started to be a painter; another opened a store to assist the former. They continued to live that life. Nevertheless, the teacher of fine arts got a fatal illness and passed away later. It's their only way.

YU: Yes.

GM: Because of this story, I had always found something strange with Tae Sub. What if he was like that? I just thought... maybe... maybe.. it may be Buddha's decision.

YU: Mom, it's not a problem that can be solved only by praying to Buddha. Anyway, you should apologize to Sister-in-laws first. She must be feeling very heartbroken.

GM: If I hadn't treated her that way, then I would have had to worry until the day I die.

YU: Ah... so it means you meant to mistreat her? (Laugh out loud) You are so...

GM: Nothing funny at all.

YU: You are at the age of 80, but you still do things as Shin* does.

GM: Yeah, Shin.

Byung Keol helps his mom to stand up and they two leave for the house.

YU: No matter what happens, you should make an apology. Let me help you tell her, OK?

Grandma seems not to care about what her son says, walking down to the house.

*Shin: the main character of a Japanese manga. More information can be found here.

Archived