[Drama 2010] Life is Beautiful 인생은 아름다워

Guest yeohweping

Guest rainyvn

@rainyvn

It's true that Lee Sang-woo wrote Shark song to tribute to his dead petted shark

so his fans call him as a shark. It's now his symbol

And his name "Sang-woo" sounds like shark in Korean

Thanks much, JTanis, do you know where i could find that song.

By the way, im searching the song TS sang at the end of ep35 also. But hopeless......

Do you know its title?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The song Taesub sang in Ep.35 is from Romio&Juliet musical

(Taesub once said that he liked Romeo&Juliet)

you can listen here : http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VWs2EhMMCoU

and for the shark song here

Here you go, at about 21:35

http://www.tudou.com...336ZX5YOE/v.swf

and there is another one from SWW I want to share with you ,please credit to SWW. Thank you a lot~

He came to Taiwan and sang in the fan meeting ^^

http://www.tudou.com...ew/K7jhdetvNzw/

from Shiuan

UPDATE!!

Lionquan has released new animation "our beautiful wedding"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_B7JKTtJC4Q

(really want to see this scene in the church!!!)

and I'm not sure if anybody has posted this news (I'm little familiar with it)

Last Shooting , life is beautiful ('인생은아름다워' 결혼식촬영 뒷이야기)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sQ4M28Jhnmw

This is the forth week since we said farewell to Life Is Beautiful, and to our beloved Kyung Tae. I, however, can see that we fans are still around here and there to express their love for Kyung Tae with many fan sites established and even more beautiful music videos created. I'm glad to see that. Thank you all for bringing a lot of memories of KT back to me.

Guest November Rain

Ayachou

I want the music from ep #03, too, the jazzy Tango-ish one which often plays in KyungTae scenes, right? Sadly, it isn't on any of the released soundtracks. Yet. We might get more music, who knows.

(PS: You know, if you think about it, Tango fits KyungTae amazingly well, right? Tango styles are mostly danced in open embrace, where lead and follow have space between their bodies and then it changes to close and heated embraces. It's pretty complex and intricate, and very seductive and sexy at the same time... just like our KyungTae).

Thank you very much for the OST 3. Yes, you're so right about Tango. When I hear the melody from ep.3 I think it's so sweet and sexy. It's so perfect for KyungTae's theme :wub:

:w00t: Just started watching this drama recently and still following it. Love it :wub:

Heart wrench scenes in epi 21 when TS reveal the truth of being a gay to his parents after cho rong saw them hugging at the hallway. TS mum so sweet and while chatting she wondered KS will be their "daughter in law" or "son in law" :D:P

Epi 44 when Kyung SOo ex wife brought Soo Na daughter to visit her dad. SN cried so much as she reluntant to part with her after spending a day together.. Poor KS :sweatingbullets: Being a good father and husband no wonder his ex wife has not given hope on KS.

Like TS & KS lover's converstion.. KS is always assuring his love whereas TS is the sensitive and insecure personality.

@Aug05

welcome to LIB world ^^

Dad and mom's conversation about their "son in law" was so cute and funny haha

It felt so good seeing them completely accepted KS

I found news about gay rights in Korea or something like that in KSH twitter

I don't understand it clearly with Google translation

euke1974 retweet by KSH

동성애차별금지법. 통과되면 아시아최초. 성적지향과 인권을 존중하는 나라임을 세계만방에 알리고 대한민국의 위상을 높여서 존경받는 나라가 될 수 있는 기회인데 개독교의 반대가 심한 모양. 개독교는 존경받는 나라가 되는게 그렇게 싫은갑다.

KSH

조금전 동성애차별금지법에 대한 트윗을 리트윗했던 것 취소합니다. 특정종교를 갖고 있지도 않고 기독교에 별 유감도 없습니다. 엄중한 항의 부끄럽게 받아들입니다. 경솔했습니다. 취소합니다.

seems like the laws are in process of determination

'JTanis' date='02 December 2010 - 08:39 PM'

@Aug05

welcome to LIB world ^^

Dad and mom's conversation about their "son in law" was so cute and funny haha

It felt so good seeing them completely accepted KS

Thks JTanis.

Does anyone know the song which Cho Rong plays to do her excerise?

:w00t: Just started watching this drama recently and still following it. Love it :wub:

Heart wrench scenes in epi 21 when TS reveal the truth of being a gay to his parents after cho rong saw them hugging at the hallway. TS mum so sweet and while chatting she wondered KS will be their "daughter in law" or "son in law" :D:P

Epi 44 when Kyung SOo ex wife brought Soo Na daughter to visit her dad. SN cried so much as she reluntant to part with her after spending a day together.. Poor KS :sweatingbullets: Being a good father and husband no wonder his ex wife has not given hope on KS.

Like TS & KS lover's converstion.. KS is always assuring his love whereas TS is the sensitive and insecure personality.

You are right, that scene in ep 21 when TS asked his father to forgive him is one of the hardest scenes I've ever seen. It was so painful and it showed that even though TS was gay he still had the same values that they taught him, (contrary to what other people may think). He valued his family and respected them that he didn't want to cause them this pain but still this very traditional family accepted him and put his happiness ahead of what they believed; while KS was from a more modern family apparently but they didn't accepted him in fear of what others might think. This drama is a wonderful roller coaster ride and I love it. The only complaint it wasn't long enough I wanted more.

Ayachou, thanks for your words.

Wow it's been forever since I came back to this forum... just because I was so sad when the drama ended, that I couldn't type here or I would go back to being all emo and depressed.... :tears:

I just had a dream about Life is Beautiful drama and I just felt like saying hi to everyone... still so sad that the drama ended so soon and I have not kept up with what was going on after I saw that last episode :X

I hope the actors are doing well and preparing for whatever next project they have :P

and good seeing some familiar names on here again :)

comic #4 is here, comic #5 is hidden in spoiler :D

96226247.jpg

88012603.jpg

@a13xl

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRANSLATING and I miss you ^^

The translation for Ep.57 is not released so I don't know what TS was angry about after sending Oh Gumji at the airport.

But now after reading your translation, I get the idea that TS might ask KS if he went to gay bar so often. haha so cute~

I love TS's moment of jealousy. He must have another dark part hidden behind pretty face!

poor KS! haha. His man always brings up issues that endanger him.

And poor KS again because his man rarely says ILY.

Anyway, TS doesn't say but he touches instead, and each time he does it's like a big bonus

because it's so sweet and secure ^ ^

zeram, oh I guessed that you weren't calling KS' mom a Monster, lol. The reason I couldn't get behind the song is probably just that I kind of don't hear very hard rock music anymore.

"She would start off talking so calm to Kyung Soo but by the end of the conversations all the hurt/anger/disappointment would come pouring out of her and she would lose control of the conversation...and herself really" is spot on, gurrrl O_o!

zeram, JTanis, I should have asked what people were disappointed in at the end of LiB besides KyungTae's ending, lol :sweatingbullets:

KyungTae.jpg

I could probably write a book of things I missed for KyungTae. MinJae's sickness and depression just got me in the last episodes, because she was such a pillar of strength for everyone and had to endure quite a lot.

November Rain, I'm hearing snippets of some instrumental music used in LiB on DC. Let's keep our fingers crossed that there'll be a full OST of them, too.

a13xl, thank you for the comic. lmao, KS is soooo whipped and TS has a pretty good pokerface if he wants to.

I LOVE this artist. Keep them coming!

lupita311, Aug05, I love your discussion, mind if I butt in? I totally agree about ep #21 and the shortly previous ones. It's really difficult to get through them :(:tears:

You raise a really good point about traditions versus modernism. I liked how you pinpointed TS' character make-up of being raised with traditional confucianist values like hard work/study, obedience to and protection of the family, duty, loyalty, honour, respect for age.

However, I wouldn't say that TS' family is more traditional / conservative than KS' family. It's an interesting detail I've never thought about.

I remember how, after the first few episodes of LiB, I suddenly realized what the Yang pension and family reminded me of: american country movies. You know, Cowboys, ranches... the West. Very rural. And:

• they speak english among each other (ok, more like drop some catch phrases like "Good morning", "Thank you" etc.)
  • mom's something like the Martha Stewart of Jeju (scandal-free, of course)
  • dad's wearing a cowboy hat while planting fruits and vegetables
  • ChoRong & mom are exercising to K-Pop
  • HoSub's got the street-style down to a pat
  • a lot of them are working in the tourism sector (an international, fast-changing industry > customer service and open-mindedness are pretty important)...

> overall they're letting their kids do what they want.

But I do believe, that even if they embrace TS' sexuality that they'll still have problems and will need time to adjust to his relationship with KS, e.g. Dad is "sorry, but he can't let KS stay overnight, even if there are rooms upstairs"...

Whereas, KS' family might be an influential "upper-class" family from Seoul, but they do come off more arrogant, conservative and even malicious, imo:

• KS was literally outcast by everyone because his sexuality was exposed and his marriage fell apart
  • his grandma pulled back his right to that big real estate KS' would have inherited
  • his siblings don't respect his decisions because it lead to a ton of problems for them (KS' little bro is a major jerk in my eyes when he reports KS back to mom in the hospital)
  • mom is preaching about how successful and prestigious they are, but is aggressive and oppressive to people who don't share her beliefs and lifestyle (she's extremely rude to TS' parents on both occasions she visits them, before the ending eps in which she "accepts" their relationship somehow)
  • dad's made career in one of the Ivy League universities of Korea.

So. Um. What was my point? :blink:

Yeah, even if it looks like TS is more conservative and KS very much a free-spirit, their family background isn't as clear. It's like a juxtapostition and contradiction of familiar cultural values.

And I bet, if LiB had told more of KS' background story, we would have seen his family living in some luxurious and huge but cold and closed-off mansion in Seoul. In contrast to the open-spaced, warm and inviting Yang Pension.

Aug05, that didn't happen in any LiB episode. It's the magic of Photoshop XD

Ayachou' date='06 December 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1291606177' post='16716901']

lupita311, Aug05, I love your discussion, mind if I butt in? I totally agree about ep #21 and the shortly previous ones. It's really difficult to get through them :(:tears:

Hi Ayachou

Please do share your tots and reviews !!!

Hahaha... I really thought that I have missed out the scene ^^

I have finished the whole series. I enjoyed it alot. Noticed there is a tripped scene at end of an episode :w00t:

Epi 21 is also a turning point for TS & KS life .. Blessed that TS has such an understanding parents and the pillar of the stepmum to lean onto. Epi 63 so sweet of them to sponsor their " parents" the medical check up and a holiday treat :wub: Mum was touched by their gesture and hugged KS (gain additional son) ^^

Epi 61 Kim Jung Hwa comeo role as TS childhood fren.. so funni and direct of her once she set her target on KS ! in tipsy state she touched KS butt .. TS was so jealous asked KS to wash before getting to bed :lol: :lol:

SImply love this "closet" relatioship of TS & KS :wub:

Probably the last one I'll translate unless you guys message me here on soompi :P

43543333.jpg

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any translations! (NOT EPISODES! Those are way too long)

@Ayachou

besides KT story? oh sorry I missed it

Like I told you, I didn't pay much attention to other people so I didn't have any opinion

(I might be a bad fan of LIB haha, but I LOVE KT most)

try to read whole comment but don't have time now :)

@a13xl

*talk to KS* "I'm sure he pretends to be sleeping because he never sleeps before you!, especially before 10 p.m. No way!"

Thank you again for translation

They're so sweet and naughty haha

I can see the artist loves to bully KS, because he's always bullies TS in the drama?

Poor man! haha

But but

BUT!!!! the last one??!!  oh noooo don't say that TT__TT

Don't break this little KT-fan's heart. I know the kind angel like you won't do that, will you? :D

P.S Love to see that there're many replies today wub.gif

You raise a really good point about traditions versus modernism. I liked how you pinpointed TS' character make-up of being raised with traditional confucianist values like hard work/study, obedience to and protection of the family, duty, loyalty, honour, respect for age.

However, I wouldn't say that TS' family is more traditional / conservative than KS' family. It's an interesting detail I've never thought about.

I remember how, after the first few episodes of LiB, I suddenly realized what the Yang pension and family reminded me of: american country movies. You know, Cowboys, ranches... the West. Very rural. And:

• they speak english among each other (ok, more like drop some catch phrases like "Good morning", "Thank you" etc.)
  • mom's something like the Martha Stewart of Jeju (scandal-free, of course)
  • dad's wearing a cowboy hat while planting fruits and vegetables
  • ChoRong & mom are exercising to K-Pop
  • HoSub's got the street-style down to a pat
  • a lot of them are working in the tourism sector (an international, fast-changing industry > customer service and open-mindedness are pretty important)...

> overall they're letting their kids do what they want.

But I do believe, that even if they embrace TS' sexuality that they'll still have problems and will need time to adjust to his relationship with KS, e.g. Dad is "sorry, but he can't let KS stay overnight, even if there are rooms upstairs"...

Whereas, KS' family might be an influential "upper-class" family from Seoul, but they do come off more arrogant, conservative and even malicious, imo:

• KS was literally outcast by everyone because his sexuality was exposed and his marriage fell apart
  • his grandma pulled back his right to that big real estate KS' would have inherited
  • his siblings don't respect his decisions because it lead to a ton of problems for them (KS' little bro is a major jerk in my eyes when he reports KS back to mom in the hospital)
  • mom is preaching about how successful and prestigious they are, but is aggressive and oppressive to people who don't share her beliefs and lifestyle (she's extremely rude to TS' parents on both occasions she visits them, before the ending eps in which she "accepts" their relationship somehow)
  • dad's made career in one of the Ivy League universities of Korea.

So. Um. What was my point? :blink:

Yeah, even if it looks like TS is more conservative and KS very much a free-spirit, their family background isn't as clear. It's like a juxtapostition and contradiction of familiar cultural values.

And I bet, if LiB had told more of KS' background story, we would have seen his family living in some luxurious and huge but cold and closed-off mansion in Seoul. In contrast to the open-spaced, warm and inviting Yang Pension.

Well, I agree with you the writers didn't show KS's background maybe because it wasn't really important to the story or for lack of time, but the truth is that I think the same way his house must've been, a cold place. But ultimately what I think made the difference was the two mothers, In one hand we have TS's stepmother that was mistreated and wronged by her first husband and his family so she knew what it was to be cast out and rejected so she had more empathy towards TS dilemma. On the other hand we have KS's mom was a really strong woman, she was used to do her own will, that according to what the father told KS, so she wanted to bring KS back to what she considered a normal life. These two women were the main key to this drama. TS's mom was so warm and inviting and KS's mom was so cold and cold hearted and in a way they represent what you said about the two households.

I love to have this discussions with someone as addicted to this drama as I am. :rolleyes:

Guest tenjo-soul

This drama is awesome

I wish they would have done this longer, like until January =\

I have not seen the last two episodes left

trying to save them for later as much as I can lol

Does anyone know where I could find the whole soundtrack? - Thanks!

It's not even on yesasia to buy so I guess it's not out yet?

I hope the writer create more drama like these

I know two others she wrote and I liked both of them as well!

Guest November Rain

KyungTae.jpg

Oh my god. Can you tell me where you snag this pic. It's from BTS? KyungTae are so cute ^_^

@a13xl: Thank you for translation :)

Does anyone know where I could find the whole soundtrack? - Thanks!

Here you go:

OST part 1 MU link

OST part 2 MU link

(credit: harumi_chikamatsu, tomokaku@lj)

OST part 3 MU link

(credit: DC)

idk, where you can buy the actual OST CD, if you find out, let us know.

Korean LiB fans started a request/petition to have the director's cut DVD out.

Here: INA Full Version DVD @daum (thx a13xl for spot-translation)

The Director's Cut does not have to but could include:

Commentaries featuring director Jeong Eul-yeong, writer Kim Su-hyun, cast & crew

Production notes and trivia

Story and script notes

Deleted & Alternate Scenes (!!!)

Trailers & TV Spots

Cast Rehearsals

Yang Pension & Costume Design

Location Scout Gallery of Jeju

Sadly, international fans won't be able to help in the petition, you'll need a Korean social security number to vote.

Oh my god. Can you tell me where you snag this pic. It's from BTS? KyungTae are so cute ^_^

It's from "Seoul Shinmun" (www.seoul.co.kr), a korean newssite (see watermark on the pic). It's one of the photos taken to promote LiB. I got it from DC.

Archived