❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

Kim Soohyun as the cover of Big Issue Magazine Taiwan May 2024

COVER STORY

Kim Soohyun, Returning to Humanity After three years, Kim Soohyun returns to the audience with the TV drama ‘Queen of Tears,’ his third collaboration with writer Park Jieun after ‘My Love from the Star’ and ‘Producer.’

Just like the title, Queen of Tears still earns the audience’s tears amidst the typical Korean drama plots of corporate power struggles, cunning schemes, and the female lead’s terminal illness.

Kim Soohyun, who plays the son-in-law of a chaebol family, Baek Hyunwoo, cries in almost every episode—crying when happy, sad, in pain, or feeling lost. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to call this drama “Son-in-law of Tears.”

In the drama, the character’s emotional ups and downs bring tears, and off-screen, Kim Soohyun is equally tearful. In 2008, during his first lead role in the TV drama ‘Jungle Fish,’ he cried at the press conference after watching the finished product on screen, feeling that what he wanted to portray was not presented at all, leading to self-blame and tears.

In 2012, he won the Baeksang Arts Award for Best Actor for his role as King Lee Hwon in ‘Moon Embracing the Sun.’ During his acceptance speech, Kim Soohyun said, “Winning this award is a bit scary, but I will not forget this fear and will keep working hard!” He said this while choking up, his voice trembling

GMauHmqbwAAiH78?format=jpg&name=large

GMauIeTbAAASdgt?format=jpg&name=medium

GMauIeQacAADQNA?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

Gallup Korea — Favorite in April 2024 No. 1 broadcast video program: tvN weekend drama Queen Of Tears 13.1%

According to the result of a survey conducted by Gallup Korea, ‘Queen of Tears’ ranked first for two consecutive months with a preference of 13.1%.

The drama explores the boundary between reality and unreality through ‘My Love from the Star’ starring Jun Ji-hyun and Kim Soo-hyun which ranked first in February 2014 and ‘Crash Landing on You’ starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin which ranked first in January 2020. It is a romantic comedy with a gender and class twist from writer Park Ji-eun, who has drawn attractive characters across the board.

It attracted great interest in each episode until it ended on April 28

GMeAAJLbAAAI105?format=jpg&name=medium

GMZZ59abwAAMEZe?format=jpg&name=large

GMZZ4jcbsAASgqK?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

There are also many positive reviews from viewers who have watched the drama on overseas review sites. On Rotten Tomatoes, a global review site, Queen of Tears is recording a high audience score of 93%. It is also showing high satisfaction with a rating of 8.4 on IMDb, the world’s largest content review site. Viewers left favorable reviews such as “strong acting and an immersive emotional roller coaster”and “the author brilliantly explores the themes of love, loss, salvation, and the human spirit, leaving a deep impression on viewers even after turning the last page.”

The response in Japan is still hot. On Filmarks, Japan’s largest content review site, ‘Queen of Tears’ is rated 4.5 out of 5 (out of 5). It rose from 4.3 points in March when the broadcast began, reaching 4.5 points recorded by the author’s previous work, ‘Crash Landing on You’. Viewers said, “It’s been a long time since I’ve looked forward to a drama this much every week. It’s just sad to think I can no longer feel the excitement I felt while waiting,” and “I only watch dramas I really like a few times, but I think I’ll definitely watch this one again.”

In addition, Screen Rant, an American entertainment media outlet, recently published an article titled “8 Reasons Why Queen Of Tears Has Been So Successful,” highlighting the reasons for the drama’s popularity. was analyzed. The article mentioned various factors such as excellent script, directing that further heightens the love story, and excellent acting, and said, “With a solid script and skillful directing, ‘Queen of Tears’ was able to become a successful K-drama.”

The viewership rating for the final episode of ‘Queen of Tears’ recorded an average of 28.4% and a maximum of 31% for households in the metropolitan area, and an average of 24.9% and a maximum of 27.3% for households nationwide. In addition, in the TV-OTT integrated drama topicality for the 4th week of April announced by FUNdex, the official platform of Good Data Corporation, a K-content competitiveness research agency, ‘Queen of Tears’ ranked first in drama topicality from the first broadcast to the end. It maintained its position and rose to the top for 8 consecutive weeks.

GMc9cMHaUAAsXqG?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Magician said:

Actor Yoo Jae-myung reportedly joining Kim Soo Hyun in the upcoming drama Knock Off

In the play, Yoo Jae-myung will play a character who matches Kim Soo-hyun and will show another strong impression

https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/410/0000995537

@Magician  The director of this drama was the one who directed Uncontrollably Fond starring Kim Woo Bin & Suzy. Although little is yet known about “Knock Off,” it is said to be a black comedy, and the series is currently in talks to be released through a streaming platform. Did Kim Soo Hyun already confirm to do this drama? I have a feeling that he's taking this. I'm excited that we won't wait for long for another drama from him. But, I feel that this might be compared rating-wise from his latest drama despite of its different genres. Good that it wont be long before we can see him again.   :blush:

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/609/0000849057

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yoo Jae Myung Joins Kim Soo Hyun In Talks For New Drama

20240501132122_Yoo-Jae-Myung-Kim-Soo-Hyu

Yoo Jae Myung and Kim Soo Hyun may be appearing together in the upcoming drama “Knock Off” (working title)!

On May 1, Yoo Jae Myung’s agency ACE FACTORY confirmed, “Yoo Jae Myung is currently in talks to appear in ‘Knock Off,’ and the outlook is favorable.”

“Knock Off” will be helmed by Park Hyun Suk, the director known for hit dramas like “Forest of Secrets 2” (“Stranger 2”), “Uncontrollably Fond,” and “Song of the Bandits.” Notably, Yoo Jae Myung appeared in “Song of the Bandits” and “Forest of Secrets” (“Stranger”).

Although little is yet known about “Knock Off,” it is said to be a black comedy, and the series is currently in talks to be released through a streaming platform.

Meanwhile, Kim Soo Hyun’s agency confirmed back in March that the actor was in talks to star in the upcoming drama.

Are you excited to potentially see Kim Soo Hyun and Yoo Jae Myung in this new series?

credit : soompi news

Kim Soo Hyun Bids Farewell to ‘Queen of Tears’: “It’s a special project for me”

2024042918260668762_l.jpg

154759_211273_1714213412.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun has shared his heartfelt sentiments as the hit tvN drama Queen of Tears wrapped up its final episode on the 28th.

The weekend series concluded its run with a record-breaking viewership of 24.9%, securing the highest rating in tvN’s history. Kim, who portrayed Baek Hyun Woo, captivated audiences with his dynamic portrayal as a husband, son-in-law, youngest son, and head of the legal team.

His debut role as a husband showcased a new side of the actor, melting hearts with the stability, tenderness, and sweetness he brought to the character. His spontaneous ad-lib from episode 1 — “I was just born cute” — became a memorable line. Throughout the series, he left a mark with iconic scenes like his dramatic appearance in episode 2, the bike throwing scene in 4, and the confession under the falling leaves in 10.

Reflecting on his time with the character, Kim expressed mixed feelings, “Including the time I spent building the character, I’ve been with Baek Hyun Woo for over a year; it feels bittersweet. I am immensely grateful for the opportunity to work with such distinguished actors. Thanks to them, I was able to maintain focus even in the overwhelming emotions. This project has become truly special to me. I was truly happy.”

Kim concluded with words of gratitude, “I hope ‘Queen of Tears’ brought you happiness while you watched it. Thank you to everyone who tuned in, and to the writers, directors, all the staff, the senior actors, and my fellow actors who worked together to make this.”

source : https://mydaily.co.kr/page/view/2024042918095206603

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Magician said:

More pictures from Queen of Tears

@Magician  thanks for sharing this. As many fans love "Queen of Tears", many are curious whether Kim Ji Won and Kim Soo Hyun's romance will have a sequel. What do you think? Is it possible? In the meantime, looking forward for May 4 and 5 for the promised special episodes of the hit series.   :kaching1:

As much as fans might hope for a sequel to "Queen of Tears," it ultimately depends on the decisions of the show's creators and the availability and interest of the lead actors, Kim Ji Won and Kim Soo Hyun. While there's always a possibility, nothing has been confirmed yet. Enjoy the special episodes on May 4 and 5 in the meantime!

11 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Magician  thanks for sharing this. As many fans love "Queen of Tears", many are curious whether Kim Ji Won and Kim Soo Hyun's romance will have a sequel. What do you think? Is it possible? In the meantime, looking forward for May 4 and 5 for the promised special episodes of the hit series.   :kaching1:

You're welcome willenette

No, no sequel please. The ending is perfect. Season 2 or sequel usually not good

GMfiaBIa0AAhKjg?format=jpg&name=medium

GMfiaBMbwAAAH6N?format=jpg&name=medium

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Sequel.. no..  the ending already addressed everything.  Unless they write a complete difference romcom story.  I doubt it thought.  I sure hope they will work together again maybe in a movie.

• Love 1