Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

January 22, 2016

Lee Byung-hun and Kong Hyo-jin to play a married couple in new movie 'Single Rider'

Source: TV Report via Hancinema.net

photo677866.jpg

Lee Byung-hun and Kong Hyo-jin will play a married couple in movie "Single Rider". According to the multiple sources in film industry on January 23rd, Lee Byung-hun and Kong Hyo-jin are discussing the offers for "Single Rider" positively.

A man is pushed to the edge of his life once he loses everything at once. He now leaves to Australia to meet his wife Soo-jin and his son Jin-woo, who had left to the country for the son's education abroad. The suspense movie is anticipated to deliver the story structure of the well-written screenplay.

The role Lee Byung-hun will play is Kang Jae-hoon, a branch manager of Elite Investment Securities. Kang Jae-hoon is a character who has strong sense of responsibility and leadership as well as experiences sadness and fury.

Kong Hyo-jin's role, Soo-jin is Kang Jae-hoon's wife, and also one of those stylish moms. Kong Hyo-jin's unique acting style and method acting will be brought out through this film. While she has been presenting the exceptional chemistry with her partner actor each time, how Kong Hyo-jin will form the perfect chemistry with actor Lee Byung-hun as a married couple in the movie this time is garnering attention.

If this offer is finally signed, then Lee Byung-hun will continue with his appearances in multiple movies consecutively. Now that his current movie 'Inside Men: The Original' is out there, his next film has been decided to be "Master" co-starring Kang Dong-won and Kim Woo-bin. As soon as Lee Byung-hun finishes filming "Master", of which shooting starts in the first half of this year, he will then join "Single Rider".

Kong Hyo-jin returns to silver screen with "Single Rider" in three years, while she had such a success with her roles in dramas, "Master"s Son', 'It's Okay, That's Love', and "Producers".

Meanwhile, "Single Rider" is a debut feature film by director Lee Zoo-young, who is a graduate from Korea National University of Arts. Warner Bros. is in charge of the investment and distribution of the movie.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, lovedaisy13 said:

So happy to hear the news... "Single rider" sounds great with a great cast. Finally, unnie decide to play in commercial movie.

The plot almost the same with unnie's real life family story...  :(

FIGHTING !!!

Only that she's not married yet. Hehe~

I almost thought she accepted the role because she misses living in Australia. Hehe~

• Like 1

@cutie_let_let  i remember her story about monetary crisis in 1998  caused unnie and her brother could not be able to continue their study in Brisbane, so their father decided to bring whole family back to Korea...kind of sad actually...

Maybe she misses Australia as you said,my dear...

Well, this is a good news for unnie's fans in Australia...:).. (Wink to @chakita babe )

Curious about the collaboration of LBH and GHJ. Different acting style and both are strong in their way of acting... You can do it, unnie.. Support GHJ 100%.

• Like 5

I'm waiting for MISSING promotions. Would love to see the official poster... and see Gong Hyo Jin promote the movie with Uhm Ji Won. I see that they have gotten closer ever since they filmed the movie! :) If the movie is not releasing in February, then I hope it will be release sometime this year. 

• Like 3

On 23/1/2016 at 8:43 AM, cutie_let_let said:

lovedaisy13 you're right ~ that's so sad ~ well, i'm looking forward to this movie because unni might have lots of English lines ~ hehe ~ plus Warner Bros. is it's distributor so I suppose that it will be released outside Korea ~

I thought the same when I saw the WB part lol I hope it will :D

And about 'Missing', I don't know why are they taking so long to release it, but can't wait! Hoping it occurs within the Q1 of the year :)

Kim Soo Hyun Talks About Gong Hyo Jin in Stars From Korea Interview

tumblr_o1jilgXNCe1tgob6qo1_540.png

>> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3od4po <<

Brought to you by Gongvelyans - Gong Hyo Jin's International Fan Club

Note: Most parts are translated from Chinese to English so there might be a lost in translation.

Translated by: @rovvxeryal

Edited by: @paradicez

• Like 9

19 hours ago, music22science said:

I thought the same when I saw the WB part lol I hope it will :D

And about 'Missing', I don't know why are they taking so long to release it, but can't wait! Hoping it occurs withing the Q1 of the year :)

...same here!

...can't wait for Missing!!!

• Like 3