SUPERMAN RETURNS (2006)

Guest papabear

Guest CK92842

the posters look amazing.

the trailer appears interesting as well.

i want to see it :P

and this is technically Superman 5, right?

Superman (1978)

Superman II (1980)

Superman III (1983)

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987)

I'm not entirely sure, it seems Bryan Singer completely omitted Superman III & IV but we'll see if any references will be made from IV. Personally, the only one that was decent was the original. The 2nd was butchered by another director, Superman III was too campy for me. Part IV, a being from the Sun to combat Superman...this is the same Sun that gives Superman his source of power. <_<

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Solly

maybe i'm so used to watching Smallville, but Kevin Spacey playing Lex? he looks a bit too old for Lex's character, but then this guy is an awesome actor, so most likely, my mind will change. i love superman! that guy looks pretty cute in a dorky way! ;DDDD

-S0LLY ^3^

Guest CK92842

It seems the Spider-Man 3 teaser trailer will be shown before Superman Returns. Note that it won't be playing with IMAX versions of Superman.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Excel

is the movie really more than 2 hours long? x__x

nvm just checked it on yahoo.

so it's 2 hours and 34 minutes long....... wow @__@;

that's pretty long.. :|

Edit:

Just came back from the theatre XD

gosh.. *__* superman looks SO HOT after watching the movie...

and Lois's husband is hot too. he's sooo nice to Lois..

and the son (superman's son)!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Guest who8myoreos

is the movie really more than 2 hours long? x__x

nvm just checked it on yahoo.

so it's 2 hours and 34 minutes long....... wow @__@;

that's pretty long.. :|

Edit:

^dude that's an important spoiler!!!!!! don't read!!!!!!

I liked this movie too. SO long, but overall a very well-made movie. I was really glad to see all the homages to the original movie and I thought Brandon Routh was a fantastic actor.

Guest shinhwahwah

superman was never my favorite. always thought he was dumb. and i dont even think this brandon guy is that hot. mite just wait for the dvd to ocme out.

Guest run_lola_run

I shouldn't of read that. :unsure:I'm watching this tomorrow...I can't wait.

Guest iDoof

man that brandon guy was a great superman. He was really fierce but very honest at the same time. Whether he was Clark, Superman with Lois, or Superman fighting, you could see that same constant quality in everything he did. two thumbs up from me.

some cheese, but I kind of expected it and it wasn't over the top so I kind of appreciated it.

Guest duchess

i had high hopes for this movie, but all in all, i was flat out disappointed. brandon routh did a good job as clark kent but i think he could've done better as superman. the rest of the cast was pretty decent, kate bosworth did better than i expected and kevin spacey was fantastic as lex. the story was a bit choppy and i expected a bigger fight between superman and lex but oh well. to me, it's like another 'hulk': not horrible, but not that great either.

haha, actually, thanks for the spoiler, i was wondering. :D

Guest HeffyEnd

Literally my first thought after watching this movie was:

This was WAY better than X-Men 3.

But that was a given anyway. Seeing as how this movie was actually directed by a talented filmmaker.

My second thought being "That was f--king awesome."

Some people are complaining about the time, but could you have imagined it shorter? X-Men 3 for instance, could've been a whole hour longer. But that also goes with my philosophy that all the good movies are too short, and all the bad ones are too long.

Superman and say.. King Kong both didn't feel that long to me. Since Superman is 2 1/2 hours, and King Kong is 3 hours. But they were so entertaining and enjoyable I didn't want them to end. Then take Da Vinci Code for instance, it wasn't BAD, I thought it was pretty ok, but that seemed a lot longer than Superman to me. Yet they both run around the same time.

If that makes any sense.

Guest MissMonika

I saw the movie today and was completely blown away. I went expecting to be disappointed since I had such high hopes for X:3 but that movie went down the crapper. I was surprised to find myself thoroughly enjoying this movie.

Honestly, the whole time thing didn't bother me at all. In fact, I'm glad they didn't make it shorter otherwise it would have taken away from the movie.

I like the new Superman (Brandon Routh) a lot. Watching him, I thought for a second that I was watching Christopher Reeve. It gave me the chills. Yes, he's very gorgeous and did a good job. Kate Bosworth also was good. Honestly, I had reservations about her being Lois Lane since I never pictured her as that character before. But, her performance was good and really convincing. Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor was so funny, but in an evil kind of way.

The special effects were incredible. Everything looked so real, and not to the point where you can really tell it's CG. It wasn't overdone, and I'm happy about that.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen more of is more interactions with Superman and Lois Lane. It seemed like they had so much more to say to each other than what was shown in the movie. And yea, there needed to be a little more face to face confrontation between Lex Luthor and Superman.

Honestly speaking, this movie is one of my favorite of the Superman series. Well, Superman 3 and 4 were bad films anyways, but still. Overall: very satisfied.

Just watched this yesterday and I can say

that it has great cast, Brandon Routh has done

a good job (he's so handsome). I only wished it had more

action in it, its like 3/4 of the movie is about the

love story of Superman and Lois.

Guest philmein

I agree above.

The movie was pure awesome; loved it.

More action would've been nice.

And Lois's son *wow* haha amazing.

I wished he would literally punch Lex Luthor. But then again, his body would sever into pieces rofl.

Guest CK92842

The IMAX 3D experience was awesome, the plane sequence. :w00t: Good summer movie, I enjoyed it as much as the next person but I felt something was missing. Good but not great, alot of fanboy writing in this one though. Some plotholes do remain if this does indeed take place after Superman II. ;)

Archived